Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,107 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC (46219 Views)

Falana Says NNPC’s Decision To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol Is Illegal / Subsidy: Petrol Hits N1,200 Per Litre In Ebonyi / Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by DGOODLYF: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
Renewed scam.....this is 2016 script been played here... nigerians no dey wise at all
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by edungene7: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
Nigeria has finally scammed Nigerians Yoruba ronu gather at burdillon Tinubu is giving out free fuel to all the Yoruba ronu gang
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by philipobiz: 3:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:
Prices will come down

It happened with the GSM sector. SIM cards were expensive in 2001. So expensive that as a student, I laughed when someone like V -mobile came advertising with their then N20000 package. (Just the sim).

Now, thanks to competiton, the prices of a SIM are so low, I've gone through over 5 of them in the last 14 years. Lol.

The same thing will happen with fuel...but it won't be below 200 naira anymore. That ship has sailed.
please don't compare GSM market with oil market. They are two totally different market
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by nairalanda1(m): 3:04pm On Jun 01, 2023
philipobiz:
please don't compare GSM market with oil market. They are two totally different market

Not exactly.

The thing is , GSM were allowed to do the following

1.SET THEIR PRICES

2.set their prices

3.SET THEIR PRICES.

The oil industry could not do that for petrol, and until 2013 for diesel and kerosene. As a result, they were losing money, and using subsidy...which was not enough, to keep their heads above water.

The key lesson here is simple. NEVER EVER LET GOVERNMENT SET YOUR PRICES.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Templee333(m): 3:09pm On Jun 01, 2023
Fellow Nigerians, please listen, the petrol crises is an opportunity for us to think of ways to use our creative abilities. Let us think of other alternatives instead of relying on petrol. There was a time in our history when Nigerians knew nothing about petrol and there'll come a future time when petrol will be a forgoten issue. No need to panic. Life goes on!
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by FasasiAkeem(m): 3:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
Tell this to agbadorians
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by benjaminlawson(m): 3:23pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kyari is the most fraudulent nnpc MD, he is the reason why government want to remove subsidy, while nigerian is consuming about 35 million liters, kyari is corruptly claiming that we consumed 100 million liters, and he is deducting same from federation account. Then talking nonsense that price will be forced to come down when competition is involved, why is it that diesel and kerosene did not come down after subsidy remover, so it a fool like Kyari that will buy to that idea, and we did not see any development from money saved from kerosene and diesel subsidy.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by true2god: 3:27pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:
Prices will come down

It happened with the GSM sector. SIM cards were expensive in 2001. So expensive that as a student, I laughed when someone like V -mobile came advertising with their then N20000 package. (Just the sim).

Now, thanks to competiton, the prices of a SIM are so low, I've gone through over 5 of them in the last 14 years. Lol.

The same thing will happen with fuel...but it won't be below 200 naira anymore. That ship has sailed.
The GSM sector is not dominated and controlled by the Hausas or the Fulanis.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Benblaq(m): 3:39pm On Jun 01, 2023
LeoDeKing:
[b][/b]
Competition will force down the price, yet you pegged the price, total bullshit.

Truly, removal of subsidy is synonymous to liberalisation of the industry, but then, why fixing prices?

Besides, Petroleum marketers have association, that is the where a price is fixed. Any marketer who sells in defiance to the agreed price will be sanctioned.

So stop the dogshit of prices coming down on account of any imaginary competition.
I can tell from your signature that you're a BATist. What's up?🙄
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by dalaman: 3:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
Postinor:
tinubu knows what he is doing,on his mandate we shall stand

He doesn't. I'm his ardent supporter. But he goofed on this one.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by tefund(m): 3:53pm On Jun 01, 2023
sammirano:
>This is unacceptable how can we buy fuel at over $1 per litre. Even the US don't buy at that rate. FG needs to do something
It I s!$1 in USA .. .there are plenty energy options
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by frog12: 3:56pm On Jun 01, 2023
the only competition is DANGOTE refinery. this man does not know what he's talking about. FOOLING people.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by tefund(m): 4:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
Is there a cement company as wealthy as Mobil competing against Dangote in the cement industry in Nigeria?
These IOC are transiting from fossil fuel to renewable energy ..So there are not into building new refinery .
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by frog12: 4:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
only DANGOTE will control oil price. How did they allow this to even happen

RHMSTECH:
while I believe it’s necessary for fuel subsidy to be removed, I also think it’s important you understand that the level of productivity in Nigeria is very low and it’ll be difficult for the immediate benefit of subsidy removal to be felt if we don’t find ways to improve transparency in our spendings.
10 billion dollars was spent on fuel subsidy in 2022, and Dangote refinery cost 21 billion dollars right? Why don’t you approach imf or world bank to raise a 10 billion dollar capital project credit for you? This money shouldn’t be paid to the government account, it should be paid directly to the contractors. These financial institutions won’t have a problem raising those funds for you if you can set up a payment plan that’s in keeping with how you handle your subsidy payments, that way you can always raise 10 billion dollar capital projects credit every year which can be used for power plants, military weapons, railways and roads. As long as there are measures put in place to ensure transparency and you don’t let loan funds be in control of any ministry or government agency, things should be fine.

What I said above is long term planning but there must be an immediate response to subsidy removal and I think the best approach is to open the border for rice and wheat,and also declare them custom free. Sir, it’ll take cheap rice and bread to solve the immediate problem of subsidy removal.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by airsaylongcome: 4:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
LeoDeKing:
[b][/b]
Competition will force down the price, yet you pegged the price, total bullshit.

Truly, removal of subsidy is synonymous to liberalisation of the industry, but then, why fixing prices?

Besides, Petroleum marketers have association, that is the where a price is fixed. Any marketer who sells in defiance to the agreed price will be sanctioned.

So stop the dogshit of prices coming down on account of any imaginary competition.

Has this account been compromised?!?!
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by tefund(m): 4:07pm On Jun 01, 2023
Templee333:
Fellow Nigerians, please listen, the petrol crises is an opportunity for us to think of ways to use our creative abilities. Let us think of other alternatives instead of relying on petrol. There was a time in our history when Nigerians knew nothing about petrol and there'll come a future time when petrol will be a forgoten issue. No need to panic. Life goes on!
At a time like this a caring government ought to have rolled out public transport system powered by solar as it is in Kenya.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by famology(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
This man dey mad. Tinubu should sack everyone from buhari s regime.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Idrisk19(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2023
Sijo01:
Perform the magic asap and let it come down o.

Filled my tank @NNPC mega station on Sunday with 11k+ fuel server inclusive.

Pressing my calculator now, it will cost me over 25k to fill the same tank. Omoh, this is too much o cry cry cry cry cry cry
you have foreseen what will happen before
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Naijanascam: 4:33pm On Jun 01, 2023
And you quickly increased it to high heavens... stop giving people false hope that doesn't exist
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Templee333(m): 4:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
tefund:
At a time like this a caring government ought to have rolled out public transport system powered by solar as it is in Kenya.
That's true. However, if the government fails to do so,we can't force it. I am sure that we humans are capable of using our brains to solve our problem and overcome any obstacle. I believe that there's a way out, there's always a way out. All we need to do now is think and think and think and keep thinking. Aliko Dangote doesn't weep and wait for government to come to his aid in situations like this,instead, he seizes the opportunity to do what the federal goverment failed to do for years. This is because he used his brain many years ago to think farther than an average nigerian. Each of us has that ability but we are yet to realize it.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Postinor: 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2023
dalaman:

He doesn't. I'm his ardent supporter. But he goofed on this one.
then just wait and see
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by eteba(m): 4:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
LeoDeKing:
[b][/b]

The price is fixed because right now, it's only the NNPC that is importing pms into d country, marketers have been invited to come forward and get fx and facilitate their imports, once this starts running, the prices will be driven by market forces and not the NNPC, this's all in the post, read again with an open mind and thank me later.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Nteogwuija(m): 5:01pm On Jun 01, 2023
RHMSTECH:
while I believe it’s necessary for fuel subsidy to be removed, I also think it’s important you understand that the level of productivity in Nigeria is very low and it’ll be difficult for the immediate benefit of subsidy removal to be felt if we don’t find ways to improve transparency in our spendings.
10 billion dollars was spent on fuel subsidy in 2022, and Dangote refinery cost 21 billion dollars right? Why don’t you approach imf or world bank to raise a 10 billion dollar capital project credit for you? This money shouldn’t be paid to the government account, it should be paid directly to the contractors. These financial institutions won’t have a problem raising those funds for you if you can set up a payment plan that’s in keeping with how you handle your subsidy payments, that way you can always raise 10 billion dollar capital projects credit every year which can be used for power plants, military weapons, railways and roads. As long as there are measures put in place to ensure transparency and you don’t let loan funds be in control of any ministry or government agency, things should be fine.

What I said above is long term planning but there must be an immediate response to subsidy removal and I think the best approach is to open the border for rice and wheat,and also declare them custom free. Sir, it’ll take cheap rice and bread to solve the immediate problem of subsidy removal.

This is the most intelligent post I've read since the subsidy removal announcement. I hope the policy makers would see this.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by boladez(m): 5:12pm On Jun 01, 2023
Yeah ...like diesel and aviation fuel and kerosene that has even vanished!

Why are the citizens of Nigeria made to pay for the inability of government to manage refineries or stop subsidy theft!

If we have crude oil ,,we should be paying a pittance for fuel like most co tries with this natural resource.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Anyi44(m): 5:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
To #100
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Redman44(m): 5:36pm On Jun 01, 2023
boladez:
Yeah ...like diesel and aviation fuel and kerosene that has even vanished!

Why are the citizens of Nigeria made to pay for the inability of government to manage refineries or stop subsidy theft!

If we have crude oil ,,we should be paying a pittance for fuel like most co tries with this natural resource.

Nigeria does not have any business importing refined oil. We are a oil producing country and petrol per litre should not be more than 350 naira per litre. We have more oil than Angola and Algeria, yet these nations pay below 250 naira per litre of petrol . Oil prices have to go down.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Kukutenla: 5:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:
Prices will come down

Why can't it be below 200naira? If the naira strengthens and oil price drops, why can't it drop below 200
All these pseudo-economists self
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by being(m): 5:55pm On Jun 01, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/subsidy-petrol-price-will-come-down-says-nnpc/
Will d price come down below the cost price? Is 488 not the landing cost?
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by ivolt: 5:57pm On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
There are other major and powerful companies in the oil sector who can compete with Dangote.

Well, I hope more Modular refineries will spring up very soon
Who are those major and powerful companies?
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Parachoko: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
ivolt:

Who are those major and powerful companies?
Mobil, Total etc
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by ivolt: 5:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
Liar.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obasanjo Visits Olu Of Warri At His Palace(photos) / Buhari's Sister, Rakiya Adamu: "I Speak With My Brother Every Day" / Nasiru Haladu Danu Is Sponsor Of Pro-Buhari Protest In New York - SR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.