Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,567 members, 7,816,386 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:33 AM

Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC (46223 Views)

Falana Says NNPC’s Decision To Increase Pump Price Of Petrol Is Illegal / Subsidy: Petrol Hits N1,200 Per Litre In Ebonyi / Without Subsidy Petrol Will Cost ₦462/litre, Says NNPCL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by ivolt: 6:03pm On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
Mobil, Total etc
Neither Mobil nor Total owns a refinery in Nigeria.

The only possible competition to Dangote is BUA refinery in Akwa Ibom.
And if we learned anything from the cement industry, BUA sells at the same price
Dangote sells while blaming Dangote for the price!
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Parachoko: 6:10pm On Jun 01, 2023
ivolt:

Neither Mobil nor Total owns a refinery in Nigeria.

I know dey do not own refineries in Nigeria.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by nairalanda1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kukutenla:

Why can't it be below 200naira? If the naira strengthens and oil price drops, why can't it drop below 200
All these pseudo-economists self

Because taxes, upgrade costs, salary raises, staff welfare, haulage costs, transport costs, etc etc...have to be paid for. As part of the fuel cost.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Kinsedes: 6:49pm On Jun 01, 2023
peekspot:

https://punchng.com/subsidy-petrol-price-will-come-down-says-nnpc/

This is a BIG FAT LIE!!!

Provision was reportedly made for only refiners in-country to import petroleum products in d PIA. Hence, only Dangote & NNPCL can do so. Right now technically, petroleum product importation is monopolized.

I c prices only substantially going down if Dangote is supplied crude to produce for local demand @ subsidised rate. OR/AND when existing local refineries r fixed or sold to patriotic new investors OR even a total new investment on new ones.

And even all these will take time.
We've got some journey ahead of us, MAY GOD HELP US!
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by stallionng: 7:05pm On Jun 01, 2023
How and what have the government put in place to cushion the catastrophic effect of this fuel sky rocket price vis avis salaried workers and civil servants paltry emoluments
How do you expect them to cope with the transportations to and fro .??
Any arrangements for monthly transport ticketing allowances for them or

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by sylve11: 7:08pm On Jun 01, 2023
DucksWorth:

Fuel subsidy has been removed...save cost on fuel and time waiting on long queue's.

If you work I'm remotely, you can power your devices on the GO 🏁 A with this 72,000mah / 300w powerstation.

💻- Laptop
📱- Phone
🖨️ - Printer

🌍 Nationwide delivery

📦 Payment on Delivery via GIG Logistics !

Call or WhatsApp

Na teeth them dey use charge the battery abi? undecided shocked cool
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by ivolt: 7:41pm On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
I know dey do not own refineries in Nigeria.
Then how can they be competitors to refinery owners?
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Kukutenla: 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

Because taxes, upgrade costs, salary raises, staff welfare, haulage costs, transport costs, etc etc...have to be paid for. As part of the fuel cost.

Crap.
Are all those not paid for by telcos? Why have they not raised calls to 200 per minute
Average costs of other consumables in Nigeria is between 100-150. Do they not also bear such cost?
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by ambale(m): 7:44pm On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
Is there a cement company as wealthy as Mobil competing against Dangote in the cement industry in Nigeria?

So competition will make them sell their products below value abi?

Agba economist😆🤣
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by nairalanda1(m): 7:46pm On Jun 01, 2023
Kukutenla:

Crap.
Are all those not paid for by telcos? Why have they not raised calls to 200 per minute
Average costs of other consumables in Nigeria is between 100-150. Do they not also bear such cost?

And meanwhile i have heard people say that our phone call rates are too expensive...
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Parachoko: 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2023
ambale:

Can you point out where in my comment I made such a claim? Thank you!

I wan show you how shallow you're this evening cheesy
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by ambale(m): 8:02pm On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
Can you point out where in my comment I made such a claim? Thank you!

I wan show you how shallow you're this evening cheesy

No be you say it will come down due to competition and I gave you examples of cement and you still went on ranting

What will bring the price down is what I asked you?

1 Like

Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Kukutenla: 8:06pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:

And meanwhile i have heard people say that our phone call rates are too expensive...
But it's about the cheapest in Africa
The fact is all those excuses you listed are not price determinants like cost of production.
Cost of production is determined by factors outside those you mentioned
So you're very wrong.
Fuel price can be cheapest if the fundamentals can support it
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Nweike1: 8:22pm On Jun 01, 2023
Menclothing:
Sell the 4 refinery
Allow modular refinery for now
That is what I understand
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by bobofellaini(m): 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2023
No any price fixing by NNPC LTD. They are operating the same way other major marketers are operating now. It's a legal entity now not public corporation. They dished out their own price of between N488 to N550. It's other marketers that are imitating NNPC. In essence, every marketers can decide it's own price with this deregulation regime.
LeoDeKing:
[b][/b]
Competition will force down the price, yet you pegged the price, total bullshit.

Truly, removal of subsidy is synonymous to liberalisation of the industry, but then, why fixing prices?

Besides, Petroleum marketers have association, that is the where a price is fixed. Any marketer who sells in defiance to the agreed price will be sanctioned.

So stop the dogshit of prices coming down on account of any imaginary competition.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by maasoap(m): 10:16pm On Jun 01, 2023
sammirano:
>This is unacceptable how can we buy fuel at over $1 per litre. Even the US don't buy at that rate. FG needs to do something

I think Nigeria is going to be the first and only country that produces crude oil but can't subsidise the same product for the benefit of her citizens. Shame!
We have oil in abundance but corruption will make us pay the same price that non crude oil producing nations are paying, may be even more grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by AfonjaPriest: 10:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
Adversity is yet to be introduced. We are only starting to experience the beginning of many tribulations to come.
But Tinubu is resting, fearing his ugly past like his face will come to haunt him.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by maasoap(m): 10:21pm On Jun 01, 2023
bobofellaini:
No any price fixing by NNPC LTD. They are operating the same way other major marketers are operating now. It's a legal entity now not public corporation. They dished out their own price of between N488 to N550. It's other marketers that are imitating NNPC. In essence, every marketers can decide it's own price with this deregulation regime.

The fact that all of them nationwide including mighty Bovas have immitated NNPCL, that shows you and me that no competition will bring anything down grin grin grin
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Dataking1: 11:29pm On Jun 01, 2023
Parachoko:
There are other major and powerful companies in the oil sector who can compete with Dangote.

Well, I hope more Modular refineries will spring up very soon

Then Nigeria will be turned to capitalist economy
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by odimbannamdi(m): 11:48pm On Jun 01, 2023
nairalanda1:
Prices will come down

It happened with the GSM sector. SIM cards were expensive in 2001. So expensive that as a student, I laughed when someone like V -mobile came advertising with their then N20000 package. (Just the sim).

Now, thanks to competiton, the prices of a SIM are so low, I've gone through over 5 of them in the last 14 years. Lol.

The same thing will happen with fuel...but it won't be below 200 naira anymore. That ship has sailed.

Don't compare mere sims cards to fuel station businesses.

First, there are natural, physical and even regulatory constraints preventing fuel stations from being opened anyhow. Such constraints include access road, proximity to residential areas, space for underground tanks, etc. So, it is not like fuel stations will be springing up here and there like the bros painted it.

Secondly, antitrust laws that prevents businesses from colluding to fix prices are nonexistent here in Nigeria. These fuel station guys have a very strong union where prices are fixed. In fact, i make joke with my guys that all fuel station owners dey the same WhatsApp group and that all it takes for the hoarding of fuel to start is just for one of them to mention it on the group. It is funny, but it is what it is.

I strongly doubt the price will go down ever. It is on its upward journey. Nigerias should keep bracing up
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Parachoko: 7:31am On Jun 02, 2023
ambale:

Agba economist😆🤣
Show me where I claim competition will make them sell their products below value please.

If Naira strengthen against the dollar and the price of crude also fall, will the price of petrol fall in Nigeria or not?

Do you know Diesel was been sold for more than 1k few weeks ago? But that same Diesel price don reduce to about #650 now?

It's #500 now in some filling stations does not mean it can't be #300 tomorrow.
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by dalass(f): 10:58am On Jun 02, 2023
SoNature:
The price of PMS can never drop if we don't have functional refineries. Saying the price of PMS will drop is like saying that the price of iPhone will drop because you don't even manufacture it locally - you just import it.

In fact, NNPC has become the world's most useless oil corporation. An oil corporation that is more interested in building roads and hospitals instead of having functional refineries.

That NNPC should be scrapped and a new national oil corporation formed with fresh dynamic young engineers
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Ogiame: 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
dalass:

That NNPC should be scrapped and a new national oil corporation formed with fresh dynamic young engineers
I am just starting with you. You go learn to behave yourself here. 🙂
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by dalass(f): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2023
Ogiame:
I am just starting with you. You go learn to behave yourself here. 🙂

Sebi you're jobless

Now you've received the attention you have been craving. Hope you received the national honours you expect to receive from stalking me? undecided
Re: Subsidy: Petrol Price Will Come Down, Says NNPC by Ogiame: 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
dalass:

Sebi you're jobless

Now you've received the attention you have been craving. Hope you received the national honours you expect to receive from stalking me? undecided
I have warned you to stop being a tribal bigot, but you don't want to stop.

Get ready oh grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Amosun And His Loyalists To Dump APC / Yuguda Left Empty Treasury, Destroyed Bauchi - Governor Abubakar / Buhari's Sister, Rakiya Adamu: "I Speak With My Brother Every Day"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.