Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,862 members, 7,813,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars (57154 Views)

List Of Cars With Good Fuel Economy / List Of Cars You Should Buy And Enjoy In Nigeria By Twitter User / Thousands Of Cars Including Rolls-Royce & Lambo Rot In Supercar Graveyard In UAE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by yemi1504: 8:16pm On Jun 06, 2023
prinsam30:
I went to price Honda civic this morning, that car used to go for 900K buh this morning the car goes for 1.8mila I was like kilode na

You see what I am saying? Even Toyota Yaris of 1.5 might enter 2m with what happened.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by yemi1504: 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
ozo13:
I sensed that.i quickly put mine up for sale today .I will wait another 2/3 months and pick another car that will be less fuel consuming

As expected.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by yemi1504: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
airsaylongcome:

I swear down

It was like that in Ibadan throughout last week. Was just like a ghost town.

1 Like

Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by yemi1504: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2023
bashlek:

That is d best state to ever live in Nigeria joke apart. I miss the state sha. Developed nd low cost of living

You can say that again! Though the influx of Lagosians flush with cash into the city has started spoiling the city in terms of cost of living especially rent.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Ate247(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
I don't see any car price crashing

Nothing will crash stop playing ...we are just too greedy in this part of the world

Before the removal of subsidy...a lexus es 350 V6 was sold for between 6.5 million to 7.4million

Go and check again now or wait after one month and check again

Am even thinking people will now buy thier own cars now that fuel price gone up which means public transport will double plus the uncomfortable atmosphere that comes with public transport ...where them dey carry for 200 naira before na 400 naira

From Abuja to Benin city with God is good motor na 27000 thousands naira now...so it will be better you just fuel your own car with 12000 naira and drive from Abuja to Benin city
are you saying 23L fuel will take you to Benin from abuja?
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by yemi1504: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
esemes256:
Are people still buying cars?
85% of people are looking for what to eat sef. If you have ANY car at the moment, you have made it in life.
Quote me anywhere.

Abi
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by yemi1504: 8:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
laurel03:
Seriously they deserve accolade even some area still carry old price and those that increase just add #50 on top old price.

Exactly!
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Mamijoh(f): 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2023
triple996:
We will survive
By God grace my dear
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by yemi1504: 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2023
CBR100:

Nah everywhere, shebi na wen u see customer nah dat tym u go increase money
Drivers ar even begging customers to come out ......ppl have limit there movement (any movement wey no be money mata ppl no gree move there)

Abi
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Tonnierichy(m): 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2023
yemi1504:

You can say that again! Maybe it is because it is a civil service state. Even with the minimal increase, some people have resorted to trekking.
The drivers are actually complaining about the trekking part๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Tonnierichy(m): 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2023
Babaalajo:
Micra driver in Ibadan are really suffering I think, during the cashless the price of transportation don't go up despite queueing for a long hour before they see fuel,I was going to agbowo from Iwo road 2days ago and they call it 300 what they used to carry at 150-200 before,I thought it was too high and walk down small and see another set that carry us at #150, I was just like how will this person make gain with the #500 fuel+car maintenance if the car have fault...
Omooorr those people are trying ooo.... I don't know how they live with that little fares. I always pity them.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Tonnierichy(m): 8:38pm On Jun 06, 2023
CBR100:

Nah everywhere, shebi na wen u see customer nah dat tym u go increase money
Drivers ar even begging customers to come out ......ppl have limit there movement (any movement wey no be money mata ppl no gree move there)
I swear. Nobody dey visit anybody anyhow now. Everybody just hold him side.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Tonnierichy(m): 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
laurel03:
Seriously they deserve accolade even some area still carry old price and those that increase just add #50 on top old price.
I'm telling you. I honestly don't know how they are doing it. Sometimes I just leave the change for them. Must times, I don't even price it.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Tonnierichy(m): 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
Didi2d:

Ok, maybe they are not as greedy as Lagos driver
Ah! Lagos drivers no get joy oo
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Tonnierichy(m): 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2023
bashlek:

That is d best state to ever live in Nigeria joke apart. I miss the state sha. Developed nd low cost of living
Very low. Life there is easy. No pressure.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by IMASTEX: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2023
segunAde1:
[/b]

12k fuel from Abuja to Benin
grin grin He is obviously the son Buhari or Liar never had. grin
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Bfly: 8:53pm On Jun 06, 2023
Ofcourse no.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Montaque(m): 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2023
You will notice that more private cars are on the road. Most people prefer to drive rather than paying the exorbitant transportation fare now. Those who don't have cars will wish they had one in situations as this
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by PricelessGem1: 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
Honestly you are right.
Montaque:
You will notice that more private cars are on the road. Most people prefer to drive rather than paying the exorbitant transportation fare now. Those who don't have cars will wish they had one in situations as this
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by contactikenna(m): 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2023
04-06 Corolla is about to be the only car in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by mankan2k7(m): 9:40pm On Jun 06, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

The laws of economics hardly work in Nigeria, probably because of excessive greed.

The price may not crash as expected.

Yes bro, it doesn't work here. Our major problems in Nigeria are all these associations and unions. Federal government should clamp down on every association especially those that deals with buying and selling. They should disband them so that there can be healthy competitions among business owners.

1 Like

Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2023
Angrygoat:
Price crash my foot. Cost of toks cars dey go up,cost of naija cars sef go be like between diesel and petrol price. Hahahahaha. Emi lo kan is here stay. Dangote refinery must catch fire
very soon, it will catch fire
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Georgejeez: 10:20pm On Jun 06, 2023
Mayeldah:
Drove my V6 Highlander to work yesterday, I be wan cry inside traffic grin

A journey that shouldn't take more than 3k fuel to and fro is now gulping about 8k

grin grin big man big wahala
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Georgejeez: 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2023
Baolak:
I have a Nissan Armada for sale at The moment 06 model..

grin grin big man big problem
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Georgejeez: 10:28pm On Jun 06, 2023
obama99:

See it's better you see things from the poor man's point of view . Transport cost is now on the high side. I fuelled my car yesterday for #31,000 what used to be just #11,000 . See the masses will suffer for it and it won't smell nice at all. These people are friends and are pure capitalist.
Tell me what is the business of NNPC in setting prices for itself and independent marketers in a deregulated market?

The president. Meant well but he was ill advised by his self acclaimed wise men.

The border should have been opened up first let people cushion the effects themselves by getting goods cheaper. Less harrassement of custom officers at both the border post and the town. Let all immigration and customs officers relocate to the length and breath of the country porous border and stop wearing near uniforms to city center offices where they practically do nothing all through the day.

Give license to modular refinaries to start operations and build more locally made boats for the Nigeria navy to patrol and seize and recover stolen crude oil.

When those who get the license bring in the oil . NNPC should only serve as a regulatory body foe quality and quantity brought not as a price regulatory body. Market forces will crash the price itself.

These fire brigade approach is what is killing the country. We have people who don't mean well in offices.

This is how you people fail exams , you left the question unanswered and started rigmaroling about
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Greatechng(m): 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2023
Why should it crash?

Import duty has nothing to do with fuel

1 Like

Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Jabosca(m): 11:19pm On Jun 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Nothing will crash stop playing ...we are just too greedy in this part of the world

Before the removal of subsidy...a lexus es 350 V6 was sold for between 6.5 million to 7.4million

Am even thinking people will now buy thier own cars now that fuel price gone up which means public transport will double plus the uncomfortable atmosphere that comes with public transport ...where them dey carry for 200 naira before na 400 naira

From Abuja to Benin city with God is good motor na 27000 thousands naira now...so it will be better you just fuel your own car with 12000 naira and drive from Abuja to Benin city

12k will give you approximately 20 litres of fuel. 20 litres from Abuja to Benin City? Benin people don start.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by bigiyaro(m): 11:23pm On Jun 06, 2023
How the price of cars crash when we don't produce them in Nigeria?
Example.. Toyota Corolla is 10k dollars, shipping is 2k dollars, clearing and reg is 500k naira, so you think any of those prices will reduce cos fuel price increase? I don't think Toyota or Honda will reduce price of cars cos price of fuel increase in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by billionman: 11:30pm On Jun 06, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Your thoughts here are all wrong. The prices of the Lexus you quoted will deprecate compared to a corolla due to high fuel consumption. On the long run, cost of commuting in public transport will be way cheaper than commuting with a person car, so more people might opt for public transport.

Is it that same Lexus you quoted that you will fuel with 12k from Abuja to Benin? Lol

2 Likes

Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by drphantom: 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2023
It's funny you think 24 litres (NGN 12000 @ roughly N500 per litre) will get you from Abuja to Benin.

In a good (not rickety) and well maintained 2010 Corolla with combined highway and city driving fuel consumption rate of 7 L per 100km, getting to your destination distance of around 450 km with no other cars on thr road is a pipe dream.

slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by obama99: 4:05am On Jun 07, 2023
Georgejeez:

This is how you people fail exams , you left the question unanswered and started rigmaroling about

You end up blaming poor students when exactly you're a good case study where a bad teacher is required. Where is your correction as to what I have commented. None, If you can't make a polite correction pls stay away from my comment. It's too early to start fighting a faceless entity.
Re: The Effect Of Fuel Subsidy Removal On The Prices Of Cars by Smartguyboy(m): 4:32am On Jun 07, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Wine down small and off AC

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Are These Not The Most Creative Bus Advertising You Have Ever Seen? (PHOTOS) / Coscharis Delivers Rolls-Royce Cullinan To Bolu Akin-Olugbade, First In Nigeria / Would You Buy This 1982 Peugeot 504 Station Wagon For โ‚ฆ6million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.