Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,908 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom (27051 Views)

Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? / Scammer Who Impersonates Prince Ned Nwoko On Facebook Arrested / Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Goddyrichie(m): 12:13pm On Jun 02, 2023
woteto:
Lol, for me i go talk to them even give fake numbers n login n still dey on call with them dey form helping
see u dem fit use use juju 4 u and e go enter ur body
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Eberex(m): 12:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
My mumsy fell for one scammer. Ended up transferring him 20k

1 Like

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Goddyrichie(m): 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2023
mechanics:
Well done, he won't call your mum again, in my own case, the scammer wanted scamming me by saying I should call so and so number that I have won something, Na so I curse am, he didn't text again.
maybe this people Dey mad say dem no know say na 9ja b this and not America or European

2 Likes

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by masks(m): 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Well done son...who looseguard them maga am
Reason we should keep on updating our family and loved ones on the latest scamming format
You know the most painful thing as a keyboard warrior

Is when your family or loved ones is scammed

That thing dey pain die
Reason I synchronised all the emails linked to my baby sisters and elder sisters bank account to my device...any notification pops up on my device with the speed of light
Because women can be so careless atimes and easily hypnotised, mesmerised, send into a trance and persuaded
This is infringement of privacy and not protection. You do not have that right MISTER..

1 Like

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by freshkpomo(m): 12:21pm On Jun 02, 2023
HRMK:
but if this #nin of a thing is true and one registered his/her sim with it,is it possible to scam people with the sim?i think both the bank and network staffs must be actively involved in it!

Some of them use stolen lines etc
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Sheggy13(m): 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Reason we should keep on updating our family and loved ones on the latest scamming format

That thing dey pain die

Reason I synchronised all the emails linked to my baby sisters and elder sisters bank account to my device...any notification pops up on my device with the speed of light
Because women can be so careless atimes and easily hypnotised, mesmerised, send into a trance and persuaded
Did you also synchronise their phone calls? You want to scam other people's family and think your own won't be victims? OK oo.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

That thing dey pain die

Try dae change your dealer bro
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by MechanicMike: 12:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

Seems he finally bought airtime and called. I answered the call and demanded to know who he was, the guy told me to give the phone to the owner which I told him you're a scammer Abi? U dey find who u wan scammer this early morning?

caller: God punish you idiot, I say give the phone to the owner πŸ˜‚

Me: your Papa! Fool. U no go go find work and help your miserable life. Thunder fire you there.

Omo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number grin

Guys, tell your parents not to answer any call from any so-called Bank customers, they're all scammers.

This is the scammers number 08131146579

angry
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by MechanicMike: 12:29pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

Seems he finally bought airtime and called. I answered the call and demanded to know who he was, the guy told me to give the phone to the owner which I told him you're a scammer Abi? U dey find who u wan scammer this early morning?

Me: your Papa! Fool. U no go go find work and help your miserable life. Thunder fire you there.

Omo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number grin

Guys, tell your parents not to answer any call from any so-called Bank customers, they're all scammers.

ok so u sayin yahoo boy waz tryin to toast yor mum...corrrrect? why? bro is she lightskin? (no oofeincse) angry
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by DesChyko: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2023
alobright17:

Which bank called you to ask you that ? Bank called you to ask you if you want atm . Na scammer called you not bank

STANBIC.

And I confirmed when I went to the bank's physical branch. It was them and that was their official line.

I think it's a campaign to encourage internet banking.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by ahnie: 12:39pm On Jun 02, 2023
You re protecting your sisters own,yet you re stealing from others.your Doomsday is closer to you than you think.
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

That thing dey pain die

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Alaigbomaster: 12:46pm On Jun 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

That thing dey pain die

But you are also a scammer and you have to steal first to be able to eat
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by luskysylver(m): 12:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
i know my scammers and my scammers know me. Immediately u call me and mention bank i will tell u to try next customer pls.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Neddyogu(m): 12:48pm On Jun 02, 2023
[quote author=Cloudflare post=123525883]Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

This is the scammers number 08131146579[/quote

Let’s give him a call then.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by MondayOsunbor(m): 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

chai my people na so yahoo yahoo we know bini people doooh
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Chukwudi4naija(m): 12:51pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

You were in a haste to start raining insult at the caller. However, my doubt became clear when the said caller returned the insults, as a genuine financial service provider will not do so. But I would advise you to give a listening ear and find out if the person will request for bank details which a genuine banker cannot do. Someone from POS unit of a bank or a service company may call you either because you possess one or your contact number was wrongly dialled and the next thing is to start raining curses on the person. I am saying this because I know the insults I received from people especially women while I was in that particular service. Once I called and it was a female, my mind would start failing because the curses and the vibration that followed would be difficult to bear.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Bfly: 12:54pm On Jun 02, 2023
Good you confronted immediately. You fit fall if you teh they reason with them. They dey use magic.

1 Like

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by BarrElChapo(m): 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2023
ahnie:
May all scammers never end well.
Slawomiir and failure2019 take note.

Including Yahoo boys, girls, men & women.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by 1Sharon(f): 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
Is it that the mobile phone companies are selling the numbers of Nigerians to scammers?

How do scammers keep getting people's numbers in Nigeria?
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by ahnie: 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2023
BarrElChapo:

Including Yahoo boys, girls, men & women.
So long they're scammers....Amen!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by mechanics(m): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
Goddyrichie:
maybe this people Dey mad say dem no know say na 9ja b this and not America or European
That's true.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by woteto: 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2023
Goddyrichie:
see u dem fit use use juju 4 u and e go enter ur body
tah juju ko buju ni
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by freemanq(m): 1:14pm On Jun 02, 2023
People get mind o with the current state of Nigeria you still get mind that scam your fellow brother and sister leaving the politicians out . You need deliverance
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Konjiboii: 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
If Tinubu can get away with scam so can anyone, it's legit hustle. That same guy could be your president some day.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Allisgud: 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

10 people should copy this number and give him swear everyday until he throwaway his sim🀣
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Lionize: 2:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

Calling him now but the line is switched off. I'll call him back
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Emeka71(m): 2:19pm On Jun 02, 2023
ahnie:
May all scammers never end well.
Slawomiir and failure2019 take note.
Yes o.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by FireUpNow(m): 2:20pm On Jun 02, 2023
One guy called me and asked for the ATM card number and pin. So I gave him fake number and when it comes to the PIN I asked hm if it's safety pin he wants? Baba sharpeely dropped the phone. I just laughed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by NoToPile: 2:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
It seems the elderly are their target now.

Thats how one called mumsie ( mama that I have coached not to give any details to anybody)

Scammer: Is this Mrs xyz
Mum:Yes
Scammer: I am calling from Wema Bank your bvn has issues you need to rectify bleh bleh bleh....

Iya no allow am land and said okay I will visit my bank tomorrow

Thats how this guy said no need that it's urgent and all what's not.

Mumsie that was tryung to discharge him politely before kuku vex 'you must be very stupid' added some conc Yoruba yabbings ontop and cut the call. Awon omo irankiran.

I laughed so hard when she called to tell me.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Motorist In Lokoja Beats Black Market Fuel Dealer Mercilessly (Photos) / Delta Prisons Controller Caught Breaking Traffic Rules, Ignores Traffic Light / Ogun Police Arrest Touts With Gun,fake Police Warrant Card On Highway In Otta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.