Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,971 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom (26990 Views)

Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? / Scammer Who Impersonates Prince Ned Nwoko On Facebook Arrested / Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by seventhchild(m): 11:30am On Jun 02, 2023
I copied the phone number and searched it on Truecaller and it was clearly written "scammer"

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by lastmessenger: 11:32am On Jun 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Reason we should keep on updating our family and loved ones on the latest scamming format
You know the most painful thing as a keyboard warrior

Is when your family or loved ones is scammed

That thing dey pain ehnnm

Reason I synchronised all the emails linked to my baby sisters and elder sisters bank account to my device
may Tinubu punish you now and forever more Amen
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by IVORY2009(m): 11:32am On Jun 02, 2023
Compacters

See one of them here on nairaland, Paypal scammer, they are everywhere, this one is so despirate that when his handle is blocked, in less than a min, he creates another one, and he has American WhatsApp number

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by mechanics(m): 11:33am On Jun 02, 2023
Well done, he won't call your mum again, in my own case, the scammer wanted scamming me by saying I should call so and so number that I have won something, Na so I curse am, he didn't text again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by airsaylongcome: 11:35am On Jun 02, 2023
southsouthking:
You were to in a haste to Insult him.
Why not engage with him a little bit since you already know he's a scammer so that the Ozuor Small card when him buy with #100 naira go finish.
That one go pain am pass the insult.

Exactly. Engage them and allow them waste their time and resources since they were the one calling. It's called scambaiting

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Pedyson: 11:36am On Jun 02, 2023
Immediately I read β€œOmo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number” grin

I already know where u re from πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Koyor! πŸ˜‚

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by mechanics(m): 11:36am On Jun 02, 2023
Well done, he won't call your mum again, in my own case, the scammer wanted scamming me through text that I should call so and so number that I have won something, na so I curse am, he didn't text again.

1 Like

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by DJInfluence: 11:38am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

This is the scammers number 08131146579
I've a better idea, let's turn the tide on the scammer. Let's all call the number to rain on his parade. grin

3 Likes

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by ChristineC: 11:39am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

Omo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Gkay1(m): 11:41am On Jun 02, 2023
Someone should check the number on Truecaller.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Adewale1603(m): 11:42am On Jun 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Reason we should keep on updating our family and loved ones on the latest scamming format

That thing dey pain die

Reason I synchronised all the emails linked to my baby sisters and elder sisters bank account to my device
you can protect your baby sisters and family members from being scammed, but you can scam other people outside as a keyboard warrior.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Evergreen4(m): 11:42am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

Seems he finally bought airtime and called. I answered the call and demanded to know who he was, the guy told me to give the phone to the owner which I told him you're a scammer Abi? U dey find who u wan scammer this early morning?

caller: God punish you idiot, I say give the phone to the owner πŸ˜‚

Me: your Papa! Fool. U no go go find work and help your miserable life. Thunder fire you there.

Omo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number grin

Guys, tell your parents not to answer any call from any so-called Bank customers, they're all scammers.

Post this on Rant HQ on Facebook so people can help you greet the mugu with insults

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by udemzyudex(m): 11:45am On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

Seems he finally bought airtime and called. I answered the call and demanded to know who he was, the guy told me to give the phone to the owner which I told him you're a scammer Abi? U dey find who u wan scammer this early morning?

Me: your Papa! Fool. U no go go find work and help your miserable life. Thunder fire you there.

Guys, tell your parents not to answer any call from any so-called Bank customers, they're all scammers.

Lol..I called the number to continue from where you stop but the werey no pick grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by fawaz050(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2023
DJInfluence:
I've a better idea, let's turn the tide on the scammer. Let's all call the number to rain on his parade. grin

E no pick again grin

5 Likes

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by fawaz050(m): 11:48am On Jun 02, 2023
Adewale1603:
you can protect your baby sisters and family members from being scammed, but you can scam other people outside as a keyboard warrior.

You dey mind the werey. except if "Keyboard Warrior" in that context means being tech savvy.

Otherwise, himself no go die well!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by charlesdinho(m): 11:49am On Jun 02, 2023
ahnie:
May all scammers never end well.
AMEN

2 Likes

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Tingotoe: 11:50am On Jun 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Well done son...who looseguard them maga am

That thing dey pain die

Reason I synchronised all the emails linked to my baby sisters and elder sisters bank account to my device...any notification pops up on my device with the speed of light
Because women can be so careless atimes and easily hypnotised, mesmerised, send into a trance and persuaded
But you're a scammer yourself

2 Likes

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by SALLYBERRY01(m): 11:50am On Jun 02, 2023
That was how one scammed my grandpa at 86, they removed 100k from his account, thank God for the quick intervention of one of my uncles

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by alobright17(m): 11:51am On Jun 02, 2023
DesChyko:
ScamHunters

To be on the safe side, just don't accept such calls. However, not all of them are scammers. I once got a call from my bank, who asked if they can kickstart creating an ATM card for me. I replied them that I'm not comfortable doing that over the phone since even them advise against such and they understood, then hung after that.

You try sha use airtime call scammer. The only time I'd entertain them is if I was 100% free and the exchange is not paid for by me πŸ˜‚

Which bank called you to ask you that ? Bank called you to ask you if you want atm . Na scammer called you not bank

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by fawaz050(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2023
SALLYBERRY01:
That was how one scammed my grandpa at 86, they removed 100k from his account, thank God for the quick intervention of one of my uncles

Uncle refunded him abi. or was able to recover the money.

1 Like

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Edoziesmart(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2023
ahnie:
May all scammers never end well.
Ahh! Our nairaland keyboard warrior dey this table oo
You no won make the guy dey see money bang puss.y and smoke weed again?? grin
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by isabi2lof: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2023
Werey scammers grin
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by HRMK: 12:05pm On Jun 02, 2023
but if this #nin of a thing is true and one registered his/her sim with it,is it possible to scam people with the sim?i think both the bank and network staffs must be actively involved in it!
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Showpatos: 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
The weerey don switch off......I 4 continue for where u stop
Cloudflare:

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Showpatos: 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2023
Who don verify this guy
Ericjw92:
:-
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by ShaqFu: 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

Our service providers should have made it easy to report such number for fraudulent activity.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Joybeau: 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2023
The mugu no go disturb your mum again.
They once disturbed me wella before.
From job format to contract format to pastor format to bank format. I kept declining them and being polite to them and wasting their airtime but the idiots felt I no wise. Nah different numbers dey call me every time to scam me.
Until the last time I changed it for them. Sometimes madness is very important because a mad person understands the language of a mad fellow. I give am craze dat day. I insulted him and his levels dat day. That was the day he came up with bank format. " He is the customer service in my bank " according to him. " I should be fast that he has a long queue of customers waiting for him. I should call my bvn. " I rained insults on him as we insulted each other. You know the one wey pain am pass. I told the idiot he never learn work well and that he should go learn am well cos him fit turn maga sef give another idiot like him. He called me all sorts of name as I tell am this one. I dey fire am back till his airtime exhausted.
You can't survive in this country if you no sabi craze. There's time for everything.
Since 2 or 3 years now no idiot don worry my line again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Goddyrichie(m): 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:

what I will never do I scam my fellow Nigerians cuz na double wahala if u scam dem some go curse u d curse go follow ur next generation some go even do juju 4 u either u run mad and d worst of it patapata d money no fit reach 100k or 1m money wey go finish after one month say that one na money if u want scam scam d white do international scam collect big big currency like US$ Pounds sterling euro not nAira

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Three APC Members Shot Dead In Imo / How A Banker's Phone Was Stolen In The Bank / Nigerian Kidnapper Who Broke Out Of Jail In Ghana, Recaptured. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.