Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,005 members, 7,835,408 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:45 AM

How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom (27059 Views)

Have You Ever Tried To Annoy A Scammer Who Called You? If So, What Happened? / Scammer Who Impersonates Prince Ned Nwoko On Facebook Arrested / Scammer Who Met Lady On Badoo Tells Police How Many Times He Slept With Her.PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Galadimabawa: 2:45pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

Seems he finally bought airtime and called. I answered the call and demanded to know who he was, the guy told me to give the phone to the owner which I told him you're a scammer Abi? U dey find who u wan scammer this early morning?

caller: God punish you idiot, I say give the phone to the owner πŸ˜‚

Me: your Papa! Fool. U no go go find work and help your miserable life. Thunder fire you there.

Omo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number grin

Guys, tell your parents not to answer any call from any so-called Bank customers, they're all scammers.

This is the scammers number 08131146579
I just typed the number on my phone and I discovered that I have previously block him as scammed.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Cloudflare: 3:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
southsouthking:
You were too in a haste to Insult him.
Why not engage with him a little bit since you already know he's a scammer so that the Ozuor Small card when him buy with #100 naira go finish.
That one go pain am pass the insult.

I didn't insult him first bro. I was asking him questions on his identity and the Werey insulted and shouted at me to give the phone to the owner πŸ˜‚

1 Like

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by omobowalemeek29: 3:32pm On Jun 02, 2023
How so you guys see a telegram group called"ACCURATE FIXED ODD"?

i saw the group on facebook and joined through a link shared i was so much disturbed with their either fake or original winning slips which confused me to pay a total amount of #10,000 into
one FCMB account number: 1001127270 account Name: Solomon Idike after sending me a writeup with.

***The fixed price for our today sure winning fixed game for Nigerians is 10,000 and the price for Ghanaian is 200ghc***
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Ihedinuwa69(m): 4:07pm On Jun 02, 2023
Na like this Benz dey take come
Odikwa egwu o cry
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Goddyrichie(m): 4:59pm On Jun 02, 2023
woteto:
tah juju ko buju ni
who thing never happen to or see ham b4 no go believe ham
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Psoul(m): 5:25pm On Jun 02, 2023
Cloudflare:
Yesterday I decided to pay a visit to my parents before leaving today. Just this morning an unknown number called my mom and introduce himself as a Bank customer care. My mom handed over the phone to me because she doesn't understand what the caller was saying (the call kept disconnecting). The Werey scammer kept flashing because he doesn't have airtime.

Seems he finally bought airtime and called. I answered the call and demanded to know who he was, the guy told me to give the phone to the owner which I told him you're a scammer Abi? U dey find who u wan scammer this early morning?

Me: your Papa! Fool. U no go go find work and help your miserable life. Thunder fire you there.

Omo, we kept exchanging words and we started exchanging insults in Bini language until the Werey ended the call. I still wasn't satisfied and then called him with my own phone, the guy picked up and the insults continued πŸ˜‚ until he ended it again and blocked my number grin

Guys, tell your parents not to answer any call from any so-called Bank customers, they're all scammers.

So you finally allow him to scam you off your airtime and time.
For me, if I have that lousy time to talk with them on phone, I'll make sure I'm burning their airtime. I'll never waste my airtime to call back a cursed scammer. Waste of resources. Guy no try this again.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Psoul(m): 5:28pm On Jun 02, 2023
DesChyko:
ScamHunters

To be on the safe side, just don't accept such calls. However, not all of them are scammers. I once got a call from my bank, who asked if they can kickstart creating an ATM card for me. I replied them that I'm not comfortable doing that over the phone since even them advise against such and they understood, then hung after that.

You try sha use airtime call scammer. The only time I'd entertain them is if I was 100% free and the exchange is not paid for by me πŸ˜‚

A bank called you on this. Not even your account officer? What happened to sending email to you?
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by kafeii123: 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
It is so annoying to know that the guys who are into this are bini boys...one wonders if fraud is the only handwork that bini youths are able to do.....its so annoying actually. Oshiomole ..Obaseki and Igbinedion have done next to nothing in that state that is worth praising. Roads are all bad... cultists and armed robbers are moving around freely......

I am yet to read a single good news from that state since say 2009. it's always one useless occurrence or the other.....
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by jimcaddy(m): 5:31pm On Jun 02, 2023
They don't even know how to use the right format. How will bank be calling you with a regular phone number when you can easily look the name up on Truecaller. Some people no get sense walahi
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by DesChyko: 5:47pm On Jun 02, 2023
Psoul:

A bank called you on this. Not even your account officer? What happened to sending email to you?

They called with their official customer care number, so yeah. I verified this from their website after the call. I also asked when I got to their bank. But the more important information is despite this, I didn't feel comfortable doing that and I let them know.

2 Likes

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by nairalee(m): 6:37pm On Jun 02, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Well done son...who looseguard them maga am
Reason we should keep on updating our family and loved ones on the latest scamming format
You know the most painful thing as a keyboard warrior

Is when your family or loved ones is scammed

That thing dey pain die

Reason I synchronised all the emails linked to my baby sisters and elder sisters bank account to my device...any notification pops up on my device with the speed of light
Because women can be so careless atimes and easily hypnotised, mesmerised, send into a trance and persuaded

If u know say e dey pain, why u con dey do others?
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Midex88(m): 7:04pm On Jun 02, 2023
Slawomir.... Warn your boys...Awon Scammer

2 Likes

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Nobody: 1:41am On Jun 03, 2023
Lmaooo, I can't stop laughing 🀣🀣🀣🀣
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by HRMK: 6:20am On Jun 03, 2023
freshkpomo:

Some of them use stolen lines etc
DONT YOU THINK THAT IS DUE TO THE CARELESSNESS OF THE OWNER OF THE SIMS!THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BLOCKED!
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by freshkpomo(m): 8:26am On Jun 03, 2023
HRMK:
DONT YOU THINK THAT IS DUE TO THE CARELESSNESS OF THE OWNER OF THE SIMS!THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE BLOCKED!

You know wetin glo use my eye see when I dey block my line? Them leave am active till I kept disturbing. And then some of these people may even be illiterates who don't really know anything about welcome back and co. We should just pray not to be victims.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Fame1309(f): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2023
ahnie:
May all scammers never end well.
Slawomiir and failure2019 take note.
The two mentioned, have they scammed you before? please indicate with proof thanks.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Fame1309(f): 9:22am On Jun 03, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Well done son...who looseguard them maga am
Reason we should keep on updating our family and loved ones on the latest scamming format
You know the most painful thing as a keyboard warrior

Is when your family or loved ones is scammed

That thing dey pain die

Reason I synchronised all the emails linked to my baby sisters and elder sisters bank account to my device...any notification pops up on my device with the speed of light
Because women can be so careless atimes and easily hypnotised, mesmerised, send into a trance and persuaded
Are you a scammer? somebody just called you one.i was expecting you to make a comment, before commenting on the topic of discuss.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by brightDdon(m): 9:27am On Jun 03, 2023
Cloudflare:

Bro I just called him and continued the abuses where he dropped the call on you, didn't even allow him say a word,,, he has blocked me too.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by brightDdon(m): 9:27am On Jun 03, 2023
MisterBanny:
Job of insiders. But they will meet their Waterloo soon
Amen.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Goalnaldo(m): 10:19am On Jun 03, 2023
Fame1309:

Are you a scammer? somebody just called you one.i was expecting you to make a comment, before commenting on the topic of discuss.
are you new here? He doesnt hide it and he never replies mentions.

1 Like

Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by MrAmbrose(m): 11:19am On Jun 03, 2023
Crazy stupid scammer cheesy
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by OdogwuJesus: 6:35pm On Jun 03, 2023
brightDdon:

Bro I just called him and continued the abuses where he dropped the call on you, didn't even allow him say a word,,, he has blocked me too.

bro you dey vex o. Unah no wan let the guy be.

Na so them scam me my 2021 November salary that was paid in December 2021. Money wey I want use flex December. The guy dey remove am in tens of thousands until I was left with #2,000 . I nor fit cry.chai.

Na the medical doctor con soft me chop money wey I use manage for that month.chai

Scammers,I get zero tolerance for them.
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by brightDdon(m): 5:27am On Jun 04, 2023
OdogwuJesus:
bro you dey vex o. Unah no wan let the guy be.

Na so them scam me my 2021 November salary that was paid in December 2021. Money wey I want use flex December. The guy dey remove am in tens of thousands until I was left with #2,000 . I nor fit cry.chai.

Na the medical doctor con soft me chop money wey I use manage for that month.chai

Scammers,I get zero tolerance for them.

Sorry about that bro ..

I have zero tolerance for them too...
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by HRMK: 7:41am On Jun 04, 2023
freshkpomo:

You know wetin glo use my eye see when I dey block my line? Them leave am active till I kept disturbing. And then some of these people may even be illiterates who don't really know anything about welcome back and co. We should just pray not to be victims.
IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE IN LAW!NO MAN HAS THE MONOPOLY OF WISDOM!YOU ASK OF WHAT YOU DONT KNOW!YOU NEED NOT GO TO THEIR OFFICE!CALL THE CUSTOMERS SERVICE LINE OR USE THE CODE TO BLOCK YOUR LINE AT HOME!!
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by freshkpomo(m): 9:32am On Jun 04, 2023
HRMK:

IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE IN LAW!NO MAN HAS THE MONOPOLY OF WISDOM!YOU ASK OF WHAT YOU DONT KNOW!YOU NEED NOT GO TO THEIR OFFICE!CALL THE CUSTOMERS SERVICE LINE OR USE THE CODE TO BLOCK YOUR LINE AT HOME!!

Because I know the consequences that's why I went through all you stated above. But an illiterate won't care More and who told you our law has no excuse for ignorance? It's only in south, but up north some things can be let go easily even terrorists are been let go not to talk of who misplace sim... Two Hausa boys cut themselves with cutlass and after police arrested them, they were released with no bail payment and their cutlass returned to them. But if it were to be a southerner you will pay bail and still not get your cutlass back. The excuse was they work with the cutlass and they are not literate 🀨
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Xhuntra: 9:39am On Jun 04, 2023
Cloudflare:

Are you sure it's not solmusdesigns

Na one of their AOS
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by solmusdesigns: 9:40am On Jun 04, 2023
Xhuntra:

Are you sure it's not solmusdesigns

Na one of their AOS

And if no be me Your mama go mourn you this year
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Xhuntra: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2023
solmusdesigns:

And if no be me Your mama go mourn you this year

But na one of your scamming ways be that na.
Or do u want me to bare it all?
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by solmusdesigns: 9:44am On Jun 04, 2023
Xhuntra:

But na one of your scamming ways be that na.
Or do u want me to bare it all?

Stop constituting nuisance about use you life wisely
Re: How I Confronted A Scammer Who Called My Mom by Xhuntra: 9:45am On Jun 04, 2023
solmusdesigns:

Stop constituting nuisance about use you life wisely

U re already scared. U for talk pim again, then the whole world will see u for who u re.

Scammer!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Machete 10-Year-Old Girl, Throw Her In Well With Her 2 Brothers / Nabeeha Al-Kadriyah’s Sisters Released By Kidnappers / Ogbeni Adan, Instagram Comedian Stabbed By Hoodlums (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.