Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,102 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) (26108 Views)

*~Temmytanny Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / *~ Vicjustice Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Travel Section Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 4:43pm On Jul 10, 2013
joxiri: Justwise
I am not being difficult, cos I am asking in the interst of fairness, what you fail to understand is I want to catch every1s attention by posting a new thread that's the whole essense a new thread is at the top of the homepage so every1 who comes on the travel homepage can see an respond, by putting it in another thread then it cnt get the attention of every1 cos unless that thread is opened then it wnt be read.
Its not like I am opening plenty threads, I come here post my 1st thread in months and it gets closed, am sorry that's unfair and I reiterate if there's two wakanow threads surely my thread deserves to be open.

All I am asking for is to be treated fairly and equal as the othe two wakanow thread posters whom unlike me didn't have their threads closed.

Thank you

You are talking about something you got little idea about. Your thread will get pushed down within minutes as its not one of the sticky threads, sticky threads gets more traffic than individual threads because they are always in front and people see them each time they visit travel section.

I linked your post to a sticky thread where you will get reply and each post in a sticky thread will bring that thread to the top.

We can not allow people to start new thread when there is similar thread with a lot of traffic already.

Each time i see a duplicate i also cross-linked them and i did the same with the wakanow thread you keep referring to.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by joxiri: 4:48pm On Jul 10, 2013
Are you going to open my thread or not?
Is there any other moderator that this matter can be referred to, pls I do not want my threads being closed simple I don't see other people complaining about them except you
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
joxiri: Are you going to open my thread or not?
Is there any other moderator that this matter can be referred to, pls I do not want my threads being closed simple I don't see other people complaining about them except you

No your thread will not be opened.

If you are not happy then report it here https://www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by imperiouxx(m): 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Hello Mr. Justwise,

Hope you're on alert to help us control US thread since it's on frontpage today?

We're expecting loooooots of derailing.

embarassed
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 3:01pm On Jul 13, 2013
imperiouxx: Hello Mr. Justwise,

Hope you're on alert to help us control US thread since it's on frontpage today?

We're expecting loooooots of derailing.

embarassed

Yea noticed the thread in front-page
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by imperiouxx(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2013
justwise:

Yea noticed the thread in front-page

I don't know why supermod did that and we can't lay any blame since it's part of nairaland.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 3:20pm On Jul 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

I don't know why supermod did that and we can't lay any blame since it's part of nairaland.

I think its a good idea, just to give it more exposure
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by imperiouxx(m): 3:26pm On Jul 13, 2013
justwise:

I think its a good idea, just to give it more exposure

Yea, I support that too but NL is full of living dead, only few working brains are here.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 3:32pm On Jul 13, 2013
imperiouxx:

Yea, I support that too but NL full of living dead, only few working brains are here.

True that. grin grin
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by solomonwis(m): 2:17pm On Jul 15, 2013
@ Justwise, we got a sick psycho patient on the Canadian Federal skilled worker program Times here thread. He needs to chained and returned back to his sick bed. I think he's Benjohn.

Please help before more damage is done grin grin
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 3:36pm On Jul 15, 2013
solomonwis: @ Justwise, we got a sick psycho patient on the Canadian Federal skilled worker program Times here thread. He needs to chained and returned back to his sick bed. I think he's Benjohn.

Please help before more damage is done grin grin

Done.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Pataki: 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2013
Justwise, can you kindly unhide my post? angry Why hide my post in this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1364145/nigerians-living-netherlands-holland-how

What rule have I broken for you to hide my post which I wrote in Dutch?

And also you have no reason to lock that thread, as the thread/link you posted was directed at people living in Amsterdam. The Netherlands is not all just about Amsterdam.

So kindly unlock that thread.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pataki: Justwise, can you kindly unhide my post? angry Why hide my post in this thread?

https://www.nairaland.com/1364145/nigerians-living-netherlands-holland-how

What rule have I broken for you to hide my post which I wrote in Dutch?

And also you have no reason to lock that thread, as the thread/link you posted was directed at people living in Amsterdam. The Netherlands is not all just about Amsterdam.

So kindly unlock that thread.

Posting in Dutch is just rude in a forum like this, not everybody here understand Dutch, posting one or two lines in Dutch then interpret or post the remaining in English is more appropriate.

Amsterdam is in Netherlands, any issue regarding Netherlands can be discussed under the same thread, we can't have one thread for people living in Amsterdam and another for people living in Netherlands.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Pataki: 11:36pm On Jul 18, 2013
justwise:

Posting in Dutch is just rude in a forum like this, not everybody here understand Dutch, posting one or two lines in Dutch then interpret or post the remaining in English is more appropriate.

Amsterdam is in Netherlands, any issue regarding Netherlands can be discussed under the same thread, we can't have one thread for people living in Amsterdam and another for people living in Netherlands.
Oh wow! The OP asked a simple question in Dutch, directed at people who speak and understand the language. I replied his question and you deem that as RUDE? In a thread he explicitly stated was for people living in the Netherlands!

You sound very condescending and highly arrogant in your response. My reply was to the OP, was not for everyone. So far I have not insulted the person I was replying, nor have I broken the rules in communication comprehension, you have no moral right to claim I was rude in responding to the OP in a language he clearly understands.

Je bent erg vervelend! Godverdomme! What madness!

So a thread for Londoners also implies it is a thread for the UK right? No wonder this section is like a graveyard.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 11:45pm On Jul 18, 2013
Pataki:
Oh wow! The OP asked a simple question in Dutch, directed at people who speak and understand the language. I replied his question and you deem that as RUDE? In a thread he explicitly stated was for people living in the Netherlands!

You sound very condescending and highly arrogant in your response. My reply was to the OP, was not for everyone.

Je bent erg vervelend! Godverdomme! What madness!

So a thread for Londoners also implies it is a thread for the UK right? No wonder this section is like a graveyard.

His question was not entirely in Dutch, a good chunk of his post was written in English language with just one line of Dutch then you turned up to demonstrate how narrow minded you are, get yourself reading glasses because you need one

Travel section is not Romance, politics or joke sections. people come here for specific need, it get far more traffic than other sections.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Pataki: 11:54pm On Jul 18, 2013
justwise: [/b]

His question was not entirely in Dutch, a good chunk of his post was written in English language with just one line of Dutch then you turned up to demonstrate how narrow minded you are, get yourself a reading glasses because you need one

Travel section is not Romance, politics or joke sections. people come here for specific need, it get far more traffic than other sections.

You are very silly. That thread had been up for over five hours here. I suddenly posted in it, and immediately you came hiding my post and locking the thread. Overzealous goat.

The OP asked a simple friendly question in dutch, which dutch people would usually ask. I gave him my answer, but in your superior wisdom of languages, you know it all to deem my response as rude.

No point further addressing you. I have my sleep to catch.

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 12:02am On Jul 19, 2013
Pataki:

You are very silly. That thread had been up for over five hours here. I suddenly posted in it, and immediately you came hiding my post and locking the thread. Overzealous goat.

The OP asked a simple friendly question in dutch, which dutch people would usually ask. I gave him my answer, but in your superior wisdom of languages, you know it all to deem my response as rude.

No point further addressing you. I have my sleep to catch.

I don't sleep in travel section, i do what i have to do when i logged on, whether the thread has been up for ages or not that is immaterial, if you got any working brain cell then you would have known that its ant-social to start posting entirely in foreign language in a forum like this. If you really need me to tell you that then you are worst than goat.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Pataki: 12:07am On Jul 19, 2013
justwise:

I don't sleep in travel section, i do what i have to do when i logged on, whether the thread has been up for ages or not that is immaterial, if you got any working brain cell then you would have known that its ant-social to start posting entirely in foreign language in a forum like this. If you really need me to tell you that then you are worst than goat.
Yet your own working brain cells fails to let you write in proper English, even as a moderator?!

What a shame!

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 12:11am On Jul 19, 2013
Pataki:
Yet your own working brain cells fails to let you write in proper English, even as a moderator?!

What a shame!

Your eye sight did not fail you in this occasion
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Pataki: 12:17am On Jul 19, 2013
justwise:

Your eye sight did not fail you in this occasion

On this occasion!!!! grin

Are you related to Patience Jonathan?! How did you manage to become a moderator when you cannot simply obey Rule 21 as stated within the Nairaland Rules? More saddening to note that you are a moderator.

What a shame I repeat!

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 12:20am On Jul 19, 2013
Pataki:

On this occasion!!!! grin

Are you related to Patience Jonathan?! How did you manage to become a moderator when you cannot simply obey Rule 21 as stated within the Nairaland Rules? More saddening to note that you are a moderator.

What a shame I repeat!

This is somebody correcting my English? As an English language professor you should know better.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Pataki: 12:28am On Jul 19, 2013
justwise:

This is somebody correcting my English? As an English language professor you should know better.
You are a moderator. You expected to lead by pristine example. Nairaland rules are there for you to abide with.

It is disgraceful when you keep spewing appalling English sentences here. To even dare to imagine that you live in the UK?! I am thoroughly ashamed!

Ik ga naar nu slapen! Welterusten!!!!

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 12:34am On Jul 19, 2013
Pataki:
You are a moderator. You expected to lead by pristine example. Nairaland rules are there for you to abide with.

It is disgraceful when you keep spewing appalling English sentences here. To even dare to imagine that you live in the UK?! I am thoroughly ashamed!

Ik ga naar nu slapen! Welterusten!!!!

Oh please! don't be ridiculous, who writes perfect English? You don't and should be the last person to correct others.

The rules are there for everybody to abide by not just the moderators, don't start correcting people when you are no better.

The British don't write better than non=British neither do they speak better than non-British, so that comment alone from you shows how primitive you are.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Pataki: 12:49am On Jul 19, 2013
justwise:

Oh please! don't be ridiculous, who writes perfect English? You don't and should be the last person to correct others.

The British don't write better than non=British neither do they speak better than non-British, so that comment alone from you shows how primitive you are.

I was truly right when I earlier called you an over-zealous goat. You have a penchant for repeating the same idiocy.

Follow the rules as clearly stipulated on the forum. You live in an English speaking country, you have no reason whatsoever to be disgracing yourself with this appalling English sentences of yours. You are a moderator here. Lead by pristine example. Enough said.

I live in a country where English is not my official language. Where furthermore, I am able to speak, understand and write in two European languages. Currently, I am learning my third language.

You have entertained me enough tonight. Brush up on your English. That is my honest and priceless advice to you.

Cheers.

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 12:58am On Jul 19, 2013
Pataki:
I was truly right when I earlier called you an over-zealous goat. You have a penchant for repeating the same idiocy.

Follow the rules as clearly stipulated on the forum. You live in an English speaking country, you have no reason whatsoever to be disgracing yourself with this appalling English sentences of yours. You are a moderator here. Lead by pristine example. Enough said.

I live in a country where English is not my official language. Where furthermore, I am able to speak, understand and write in two European languages. Currently, I am learning my third language.

You have entertained me enough tonight. Brush up on your English. That is my honest and priceless advice to you.

Cheers.

Bla bla bla...

Excuse after excuse, you don't have to live in an English speaking country to be able to speak and write good English, Don't try to correct others when your own English is not perfect, you are just shamelessly giving excuses.

Just as i'm going to brush up my own English, make sure you do that as well and stop giving silly excuses.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by henrimoto(m): 5:23am On Jul 19, 2013
@justwise. pls. kindly give me a link where i can logde my complains on d business section. i cant coment on some of d threads over there..u got any idea why?
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 8:25am On Jul 19, 2013
henrimoto: @justwise. pls. kindly give me a link where i can logde my complains on d business section. i cant coment on some of d threads over there..u got any idea why?
you can post your complain here https://www.nairaland.com/776835/feedback-comments-complaints. Or send email to the Mod of that section
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jul 26, 2013
@ justwise...is it you that keeps hiding my post on the thread...https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me ?
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 5:45pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
@ justwise...is it you that keeps hiding my post on the thread...https://www.nairaland.com/1359935/u.s-consular-officer-ask-me ?

Yes because your questions are irrelevant and derailing the thread.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 26, 2013
justwise:

Yes because your questions are irrelevant and derailing the thread.

Interesting....Ill keep my eyes on you!!
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 6:38pm On Jul 26, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Interesting....Ill keep my eyes on you!!

Get a job
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 26, 2013
justwise:

Get a job

I should get a job? LOl I make more money in one month than you do in six month......If you want a better job I can even

hire your broke azz....and dash you small pocket money every two weeks.....the best thing you done in your life is to be a

nairaland moderator thats terrible....so because you are on nairaland you feel you can disrespect me abi? you understand

that if you see me in real life you will have to prostrate and greet me...how are you doing sir...and carry my luggage

for me? this nairaland has given you guys an opportunity to think you are something.....insulting me for no

reason.....anyways...I forgive you...Nigerian education has failed you again...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pictures Of Travellers "Fighting" To Board Arik Air / How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping / Photostory: Queues As UK Embassy Resumes Visa Processing In Lagos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58