Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,254 members, 7,815,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) (26112 Views)

*~Temmytanny Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations / *~ Vicjustice Voted Travel Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! / Travel Section Game (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 7:42pm On Apr 21, 2013
imperiouxx: Thank you very much sir *clapping* The thread is too irritating in the recent time.

Noticed that as well.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Guapo(m): 10:53pm On Apr 29, 2013
pls mods, can you help recommend this topic for front page? Lets market our tourism sector. Thanks
www.nairaland.com/1211902/explore-nigeria-africas-heartbeat
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 10:13am On Apr 30, 2013
Guapo: pls mods, can you help recommend this topic for front page? Lets market our tourism sector. Thanks
www.nairaland.com/1211902/explore-nigeria-africas-heartbeat

Home page now.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Guapo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 30, 2013
justwise:

Home page now.
God bless you Justwise
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Apr 30, 2013
Guapo:
God bless you Justwise

..and you too..
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by worry359(m): 3:37pm On Apr 30, 2013
justwise, moderators
Can the DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations thread be locked tonight please and a new thread
DV 2014 Winners Meet Here be created
But please for reports and not scripture quotations and preaching. There is already a forum for that.
Many thanks.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 4:14pm On Apr 30, 2013
worry 359: justwise, moderators
Can the DV LOTTERY 2014 Preparations thread be locked tonight please and a new thread
DV 2014 Winners Meet Here be created
But please for reports and not scripture quotations and preaching. There is already a forum for that.
Many thanks.

We can't lock it while the result is not out yet, result comes out 5pm tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 7:23am On May 01, 2013
@ justwise plz can u permit me to open a new thread.....dv2014 winners lets meet here,and if u do agree....@ wat time pls
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by worry359(m): 7:31am On May 01, 2013
I Hate 9ja: @ justwise plz can u permit me to open a new thread.....dv2014 winners lets meet here,and if u do agree....@ wat time pls
I Hate 9ja
Shine your eyes!
justwise has kindly done this already.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 10:42am On May 01, 2013
worry 359:
I Hate 9ja
Shine your eyes!
justwise has kindly done this already.
yeah i saw...@justwise good move
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by GODsure: 6:19pm On May 14, 2013
hello is any body in the house? am new here,i have applied for tourist visa on the 5th of April till date i have not heard any informayion from the BHC can any body tell me what is going on am so worried any comment is welcome thank you All
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 6:22pm On May 14, 2013
GODsure: hello is any body in the house? am new here,i have applied for tourist visa on the 5th of April till date i have not heard any informayion from the BHC can any body tell me what is going on am so worried any comment is welcome thank you All
https://www.nairaland.com/823855/general-uk-visa-enquiries-part/109
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 22, 2013
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 1:36am On May 28, 2013
Why do the moderators in the section hide posts that does not brake any rules...but could be offensive to them personally? is this standard operating procedure?
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 7:24am On May 28, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
Why do the moderators in the section hide posts that does not brake any rules...but could be offensive to them personally? is this standard operating procedure?

Which post are you referring to?
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 10:48pm On May 28, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1301528/how-long-lived-diaspora-when

you almost hid all my post....none one them broke any rules....it could offend someone personalty but no rules were broken..Nairaland is not a personal forum so why hide post on personal sentiment?
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 11:26pm On May 28, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
https://www.nairaland.com/1301528/how-long-lived-diaspora-when

you almost hid all my post....none one them broke any rules....it could offend someone personalty but no rules were broken..Nairaland is not a personal forum so why hide post on personal sentiment?

Raining insulting people did not break any rule? Derailing the thread did not break any rule? Go and read nairaland rule because i don't think you have.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 7:51pm On May 31, 2013
justwise:

Raining insulting people did not break any rule? Derailing the thread did not break any rule? Go and read nairaland rule because i don't think you have.

list of words that I used....Poverty, ungrateful, pocket money, are these insults? I did not rain personal insults on anyone....those words can be offensive to some.. because of the sensitive situation that Nigerians are in.....I believe hyper sensitivity went into play on your post hiding.... we must try to be professional in the discharge or our jobs...this is one of the very thing that's holding back Nigeria
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 10:10pm On May 31, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

list of words that I used....Poverty, ungrateful, pocket money, are these insults? I did not rain personal insults on anyone....those words can be offensive to some.. because of the sensitive situation that Nigerians are in.....I believe hyper sensitivity went into play on your post hiding.... we must try to be professional in the discharge or our jobs...this is one of the very thing that's holding back Nigeria

One thing you need to learn very quick is how to tell the truth, those are not the only word you used and besides you were derailing that thread with others, that was why i hide those posts, your argument got nothing to do with the topic of that thread.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 01, 2013
justwise:

One thing you need to learn very quick is how to tell the truth, those are not the only word you used and besides you were derailing that thread with others, that was why i hide those posts, your argument got nothing to do with the topic of that thread.

this is rule nuber one.. 1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads. so now tell me how do

you define derailing a thread? the rule is sooooo vague..as a moderator what ever you think is derailing is derailing

even if its not....so you can not tell me that unprofessional personal sentiment had nothing to do with your hiding of

most of my post with certain sensitive keywords like..poverty, ingrates, etc....I and many others were debating and

making our arguments about subjects related to the thread....but most of our post were hidden out of hyper

sensitivity and personal sentiment... Going by your standards...you could have hidden 85% of the post that

day...but you and I know that there's a reason why you singled out my post....but ill say one thing though....Nigerians

must re-examine their professional ethics and come to the standards of the world....Nigerians must learn to remove

personal bias, sentiments, and corruption when placed in a position of responsibilities....as a moderator.. it is

unethical to moderate with an emotional bias towards certain people or words...if you go back and read some of the post

again am sure you will notice you made some mistakes...
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 8:46am On Jun 01, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

this is rule nuber one.. 1. Please post on topic always. Don't derail or tribalize threads. so now tell me how do

you define derailing a thread? the rule is sooooo vague..as a moderator what ever you think is derailing is derailing

even if its not....so you can not tell me that unprofessional personal sentiment had nothing to do with your hiding of

most of my post with certain sensitive keywords like..poverty, ingrates, etc....I and many others were debating and

making our arguments about subjects related to the thread....but most of our post were hidden out of hyper

sensitivity and personal sentiment... Going by your standards...you could have hidden 85% of the post that

day...but you and I know that there's a reason why you singled out my post....but ill say one thing though....Nigerians

must re-examine their professional ethics and come to the standards of the world....Nigerians must learn to remove

personal bias, sentiments, and corruption when placed in a position of responsibilities....as a moderator.. it is

unethical to moderate with an emotional bias towards certain people or words...if you go back and read some of the post

again am sure you will notice you made some mistakes...

The topic in the thread is: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? but you and many others started your fight about Nigeria Vs Abroad, how people in Nigeria get abused by leaders and Moderator, how poverty in Nigeria suck and all sorts of nonsense.

If you don't know the meaning of derailing why not engage your dictionary? The problem with you is you don't even know when you are wrong or you deliberately refused to see your mistakes.

What do you understand by the number 1 rule that says always post on topic and don't derail?
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
justwise: [/b]

The topic in the thread is: How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? but you and many others started your fight about Nigeria Vs Abroad, how people in Nigeria get abused by leaders and Moderator, how poverty in Nigeria suck and all sorts of nonsense.

If you don't know the meaning of derailing why not engage your dictionary? The problem with you is you don't even know when you are wrong or you deliberately refused to see your mistakes.

What do you understand by the number 1 rule that says always post on topic and don't derail?

Like you said the topic was...How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? I said that many

Nigerians abroad dont want to return to Nigeria because Nigerians get abused by their leaders and also because of

poverty....and i used nairaland as an example of leadership abuse....is that derailment? doesn't that directly coincide

with the topic of the thread? maybe you are misunderstand what am saying...i didnt say all the post you hid were wrong I

said most of them were my post because i was using certain keywords..that you might have been hyper sensitive

about...and am suggesting that you make an effort to bring up your level of professionalism and remove bias and personal

sentiment when you are discharging your duties....yes certain post should have been hidden...but you lost control and

started hiding all kinds of post...we should all strive to be more professional that is the only way Nigeria will ever

eradicate corruption....It might be time for you to critically analyze your professional standards...
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 3:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

Like you said the topic was...How Long Have You Lived In Diaspora & When Are You Returning Home? I said that many

Nigerians abroad dont want to return to Nigeria because Nigerians get abused by their leaders and also because of

poverty....and i used nairaland as an example of leadership abuse....is that derailment? doesn't that directly coincide

with the topic of the thread? maybe you are misunderstand what am saying...i didnt say all the post you hid were wrong I

said most of them were my post because i was using certain keywords..that you might have been hyper sensitive

about...and am suggesting that you make an effort to bring up your level of professionalism and remove bias and personal

sentiment when you are discharging your duties....yes certain post should have been hidden...but you lost control and

started hiding all kinds of post...we should all strive to be more professional that is the only way Nigeria will ever

eradicate corruption....It might be time for you to critically analyze your professional standards...

Yes that is derailment because the topic was not asking you why you refused to come back, it was a simple question about how long you have been away and when you are coming back. Many of you went off topic ranting about something completely different. What does the topic got to do with corruption?
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 01, 2013
The question was...When Are You Returning Home? and my reply was Nigerians abroad dont want to return to Nigeria because Nigerians get abused by their leaders and also because of poverty. How do you not see that my reply directly answers the question without attempting to derail it....if you take a took at this thread... https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3 even thought the thread is about U.S visa many people still asked question about U.K, France, Germany, etc wouldn't that be derailing the thread...since their questions..wasn't about U.S student inquiries? but you didn't hide any of their post.....Now tell me..doesn't this means you hide post based on personal sentiments? clearly some post derail threads but you look over them? am i wrong to say that if is was on of your friends on this forum that gave the same answers and replies that i gave you wouldn't have hidden most of his post? once again i didnt say some of my post shouldn't have been hidden...but you hid most of them out of personal sentiment and you called it derailing...

list of post that clearly derailed the thread acording to you but you didnt hide...

Billyoaire said this

Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. but you didnt hide this

Userlist said this

If you guys are so good back how come
your president and other government officials come here
all the time begging for our expertise and to come develop Nigeria.
Our Remittance that provide food and foreign exchange for y'all
back home is only second to what Nigeria realize from oil export each year.

Remember Bianca Ojokwu, she was made Special Assistant to GEJ on Diaspora matters.
Grow up guys but you didnt hide this

Ogugua88 said this

No. I'm convinced that whatever knowledge Nigerians have of the US, especially in the village, is that people go abroad and pick money from money trees. A very bad preconceived notion of "everyone who is abroad is wealthy". I'll speak for myself. When we went home, our relatives, particularly those in the village, literally folded their hands and made us do and pay for everything. No hospitality; we stayed in a hotel. There was never any food. If we were lucky, we'd eat twice a day: breakfast at the hotel, and then a snack very late at night, at the hotel. If there was food at my grandfather's compound, it was paid for by my parents and prepared by us. Anything and everything, they demanded that we pay for it. The only person that had her arms open for us was my dad's distant cousin. His siblings got jealous, put their heads together and got four chickens for us to use to cook ofe akwu.

Another example. My parents went home last year to bury my maternal grandfather. Within 10 days of their arrival, they ran out of cash. She and her relatives decided which drinks and such would be provided at the burial. When it was time to pay, they all said they couldn't afford it and looked at my parents.

If anything, I've come to realize that diasporans are making their relatives back home lazy. The kind of lies and sob stories relatives tell to get their loved ones to send cash. A lot of potential for fiction authors in the village. O di egwu. but yo didnt hide this

So now tell me what standards are you gong by?
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr knowitall.:
The question was...When Are You Returning Home? and my reply was Nigerians abroad dont want to return to Nigeria because Nigerians get abused by their leaders and also because of poverty. How do you not see that my reply directly answers the question without attempting to derail it....if you take a took at this thread... https://www.nairaland.com/994108/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part3 even thought the thread is about U.S visa many people still asked question about U.K, France, Germany, etc wouldn't that be derailing the thread...since their questions..wasn't about U.S student inquiries? but you didn't hide any of their post.....Now tell me..doesn't this means you hide post based on personal sentiments? clearly some post derail threads but you look over them? am i wrong to say that if is was on of your friends on this forum that gave the same answers and replies that i gave you wouldn't have hidden most of his post? once again i didnt say some of my post shouldn't have been hidden...but you hid most of them out of personal sentiment and you called it derailing...

list of post that clearly derailed the thread acording to you but you didnt hide...

Billyoaire said this

Home? People still live abroad ? No comfortable Nigerian lives abroad. but you didnt hide this

Userlist said this

If you guys are so good back how come
your president and other government officials come here
all the time begging for our expertise and to come develop Nigeria.
Our Remittance that provide food and foreign exchange for y'all
back home is only second to what Nigeria realize from oil export each year.

Remember Bianca Ojokwu, she was made Special Assistant to GEJ on Diaspora matters.
Grow up guys but you didnt hide this

Ogugua88 said this

No. I'm convinced that whatever knowledge Nigerians have of the US, especially in the village, is that people go abroad and pick money from money trees. A very bad preconceived notion of "everyone who is abroad is wealthy". I'll speak for myself. When we went home, our relatives, particularly those in the village, literally folded their hands and made us do and pay for everything. No hospitality; we stayed in a hotel. There was never any food. If we were lucky, we'd eat twice a day: breakfast at the hotel, and then a snack very late at night, at the hotel. If there was food at my grandfather's compound, it was paid for by my parents and prepared by us. Anything and everything, they demanded that we pay for it. The only person that had her arms open for us was my dad's distant cousin. His siblings got jealous, put their heads together and got four chickens for us to use to cook ofe akwu.

Another example. My parents went home last year to bury my maternal grandfather. Within 10 days of their arrival, they ran out of cash. She and her relatives decided which drinks and such would be provided at the burial. When it was time to pay, they all said they couldn't afford it and looked at my parents.

If anything, I've come to realize that diasporans are making their relatives back home lazy. The kind of lies and sob stories relatives tell to get their loved ones to send cash. A lot of potential for fiction authors in the village. O di egwu. but yo didnt hide this

So now tell me what standards are you gong by?

You don't seem to get it, the question was not why you refused to come back, it was when , your poverty intake into it brought the whole fight, people can go off topic without turning the whole thread into battle ground which was what you and many others were doing, it was not only your post that were hidden, many were hidden and their IDs banned. Your point about sentiment is just baseless,

Read Ogugua88 first post here https://www.nairaland.com/1301528/how-long-lived-diaspora-when/7#15901624 she answered the question straight and simple and her post you copied was a follow up question to her first post, she was not involved in any war of words.

1 Like

Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 4:45pm On Jun 01, 2013
justwise:

You don't seem to get it, the question was not why you refused to come back, it was when , your poverty intake into it brought the whole fight, people can go off topic without turning the whole thread into battle ground which was what you and many others were doing, it was not only your post that were hidden, many were hidden and their IDs banned. Your point about sentiment is just baseless,

Read Ogugua88 first post here https://www.nairaland.com/1301528/how-long-lived-diaspora-when/7#15901624 she answered the question straight and simple and her post you copied was a follow up question to her first post, she was not involved in any war of words.

of course..am done with this....Nigeria has a long way to go..good luck
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 4:49pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

of course..am done with this....Nigeria has a long way to go..good luck

Including you.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Including you.
I doubt it...it will take Nigeria another 200 years to get rid of this kinda mentality, pride, and arrogance..good luck..
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by justwise(m): 5:15pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr knowitall.:

I doubt it...it will take Nigeria another 200 years to get rid of this kinda mentality, pride, and arrogance..good luck..

Thank God in 200 years Nigeria will be fine according to you but in your case there is no hope.
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jun 01, 2013
justwise:

Thank God in 200 years Nigeria will be fine according to you but in your case there is no hope.

Of course personal insults...this is what i expect from individuals with your standards....but ill turn the other cheek because am above this...
Re: Travel Section Complaints Thread: Report To Moderators (SOS) by worry359(m): 5:40pm On Jun 01, 2013
Mr knowitall.
I think that you are really woman because you want last word and do not know when to be silent!

Are you girl?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Photostory: Queues As UK Embassy Resumes Visa Processing In Lagos / How Is Uber/bolt Business Guys Coping / Man Who Was To Wed In December Killed In The Accident In Imo (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.