Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,166 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike (9421 Views)

Emefiele Begs NLC To Shelve Protest Over Naira Scarcity / 2023 Elections: Babajide Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians. See Reactions / Take A Break From #EndSARS Protests- Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Lagosians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by Sebastine1994(m): 9:06am On Jun 05, 2023
princeade86:
people are just shouting they should increase salary as if people working under government are up to 40% compare to people working under private sectors. If they increase salaries of government workers, what will be d faith of people working for private sectors that don't have anybody to fight for them for minimum wages. I think government should also have an organization that will be monitoring these private company. Some of them are wicked and heartless to pay peanut salaries to their staff, and still over used them. Some of them will even owe them salaries and if u report to police, they may turn the case on u if they bribe the police. Nigeria needs total reform on private sectors also.

Dem don block you ba
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by MarketDispatch: 9:15am On Jun 05, 2023
BTCJagaban:
If y.

You want DSS to pick up their leader....very funny...seems like you don't know that injury to one is injury to all...its .like you want to see DSS coming to beg NLC..

Dialogue settles everything easily not your own suggestion.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by walefresh3(m): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2023
nnamdi640:
Puppy is begging
he is more productive and world recognized than peter Obi...
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by kingyakos: 9:22am On Jun 05, 2023
Okealaaye:

Wetin konsain Eboe partisan wit Yoruba matter?

Is the subsidy removal a Yoruba thing?
Is NLC a Yoruba thing?
Was Sanwo Olu speaking in Yoruba?
Is tinubu president for only Yoruba?
Is it only Yoruba that lives in Lagos
Is it only Yoruba that the increase in price of commodities in the market are affecting.

Your tribalism i no know if you buy am or dem dash u or u inherit am, but whatever the case abeg try reduce the volume.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by nnamdi640: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2023
walefresh3:
he is more productive and world recognized than peter Obi...
Lol, puppy that can't win any election without the help of Tinubu. Ordinary small boy showed him shege, he started running from place to place. You and your fellow will soon get tired, let see how long it will take you to defend corrupt system. If he really care for the masses, he would have beg Tinubu to reduce the money spent on politicians so as to save money not to be begging the masses that are facing hardship as a result of bad leadership.

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by Omoawoke: 9:24am On Jun 05, 2023
Angelfrost:

Oshiomhole didn't carry his strike to Edo state those years past...!

Bigotry will keep frying your brains!

This one is purely based on pain from obi's defeat. Obidiott motivated strike
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by Angelfrost(m): 9:27am On Jun 05, 2023
Omoawoke:

This one is purely based on pain from obi's defeat. Obidiott motivated strike

Lol... Of course, I would expect such thinking from a sycophant! grin

Going forward, every criticism or move against government policies will be chalked off to an Obidient displeasure of losing elections! grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by BTCJagaban: 9:55am On Jun 05, 2023
MarketDispatch:

You want DSS to pick up their leader....very funny...seems like you don't know that injury to one is injury to all...its .like you want to see DSS coming to beg NLC..

Dialogue settles everything easily not your own suggestion.

NLC said they don’t want dialogue. NLC leader has always been a supporter of LP candidate.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by Jagabanarmy: 10:14am On Jun 05, 2023
nnamdi640:
Puppy is begging
He's soliciting for their understanding not to embark on strike but I totally disagree with him. The price must be reversed immediately now. Though I support subsidy removal but not now until plans are on ground to cushion the effects of the removal. Nigerians are going through hard times right now . Stop the corruption in the oil sector and not oil subsidy!!!!
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by Godszilla: 10:21am On Jun 05, 2023
This is scary.

A corolla 30k, now imagine suv
dahnimoh:
K
I have already started my strike since Friday. How can I fill my Toyota corolla tank with 30k . How can I recover the money using it for uber.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by Nosaghae(m): 10:30am On Jun 05, 2023
BTCJagaban:

In this, obidients and Atikulate are not the masses. We the masses that voted will resist any gathering against our vision. There won’t be any strike. NLC should change leadership and come to negotiation table.

Like I said b4 the obidients and the atikulates are far more than the Batists so they form the majority of the masses.
If I may ask, what was your position when Jonathan wanted to remove subsidy completely?
Hypocrisy is worst than witchcraft
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by themanderon: 10:32am On Jun 05, 2023
So long as Nigerians will continue being stupid then politicians will continue to take them for a ride. The local refineries Nigerdelta guys operate at will in the creeks is what is proving difficult for the government to run. The whole truth about the petroleum sector is what the government is refusing to tell Ngerians. Let's keep fighting ourselves and let the politicians keep cashing out big from our collective apathy.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by Nosaghae(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2023
BTCJagaban:

Tinubu won. That is democracy. His vision and campaign promises shall not be contested. It’s the reality.
Whenever those visions are inimical to the good people of Nigeria, it will be challenged wether you like it or not
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by maestro299: 11:25am On Jun 05, 2023
themanderon:
So long as Nigerians will continue being stupid then politicians will continue to take them for a ride. The local refineries Nigerdelta guys operate at will in the creeks is what is proving difficult for the government to run. [b]The whole truth about the petroleum sector is what the government is refusing to tell Ngerians. [/b]Let's keep fighting ourselves and let the politicians keep cashing out big from our collective apathy.
Very true. There's something huge that's being hidden by these our politicians about the petroleum sector...

1 Like

Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by Bluntemperor: 1:35pm On Jun 05, 2023
To Oga Sanwo-Olu:
Well done sir!
i- How far about the 4th Mainland Bridge because Una say e go start and finish by 2027- God seen us beyond that time,how far now?
ii- those of us always on the Road,how far is the Completions of Sabo- Ikorodu To Sagamu Road-end,for if completed,this will reduce the pressures on the Lagos- Ibadan Express Road?
iii- Oga Sanwo-Olu,the situation of Ikorodu - ITOKIN Epe Road is disheartening,as too dangerous and many lives at danger on daily basis!
This particular Road need total reconstruction as,one lane is too small for the huge Population living around those sides!
iv- Why is Ishawo- Agric-Road remained same after 3 to 4- yrs now? People are really suffering here,as the Contractors are no where!
You needed to pay unscheduled visit,to most of your Projects,as used to be done by Fashola then! This will allow the Contractors and even their Supervisor to sit-up and possibly do away with some!
God bless Sanwo-Olu
God bless Lagos State
God bless Nigeria.
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by gare(f): 1:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
Voice22:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CtExcyio045/?igshid=NTc4MTIwNjQ2YQ==

The publication was dated Wednesday, January 11, 2012, and was an edition of The Nation newspaper as published by Vintage Press Limited.

It reads...

ACTION Congress of Nigeria (ACN) national leader and former governor of Lagos State Asiwaju Bola Tinubu has accused the a Jonathan presidency of shirking its so- cial contract with the people by suddenly removing petrol subsidy

He, however, provided a window out of the crisis: if subsidy must be removed at all, it must never be at one fell swoop.

He said it must be on calibrated phrases*, on which the promised gains are mea- sured and confirmed before moving to the next phase of removal.

"Government must modify the sudden and complete removal of the subsidy. Elther we restore the subsidy or use the funds for other social purposes,"

Tinubu counselled in a special statement he cap- tioned, "Removal of oil subsidy-Presi dent Jonathan breaks social contract with the people' and which he personally signed.

"If we are to use the funds for other programmes, these programmes shall be placed on parallel track with the subsidy.

These were Tinubu's very own words so what happened?, why did he decide to go against his very own advise?
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by bayelsaowei(m): 5:15pm On Jun 05, 2023
marvellous2222:
Thunder is about to strike sowolu, with the rubbish he said
I thought he would have threat3ned with no work no pay...our leaders are highly insensitive..
Re: Governor Sanwo-Olu Appeals To Labour Union To Shelve Strike by perrychemical: 7:56pm On Jun 05, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
I pity no Nigerians anymore

Not until we start stepping into the polling unit without sentiment and tribalism

Have been reading some people's comments on nairaland here regarding the removal of subsidy

I can say the tribalism in us is fully out

Imagine this same subsidy removal we all protested against in 2012 is now what some people refer as south east and south south protest in

Why are you still making reference to 11 years ago ? Everybody is now awared that subsidy is gone, so what does the subsidey has to do with tribes again. It is people who are tribalistic that always shout of tribalism.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBS: Nigeria Recorded N2.2trn Trade Surplus In First Half Of 2023 / Yahaya Bello Visits Shehu Idris, Emir Of Zazzau / Kwara Govt. Slams Lai Mohammed, Says Uninformed About Governance In The State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.