Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,222 members, 7,815,277 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:05 AM

Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy (28601 Views)

Ogun Workers Declare Indefinite Strike Over Unremitted Deductions / Osun Workers Declare Warning Strike / Ekiti College Workers Declare Support For Fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Mrtaye: 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

Ubanka

The best time to remove subsidy was 2012, the next best time is 2023.

Even if fuel is 1000, it's a phase that is inevitable
Ok 2012 was the best time so why was there protest by the opposition (you lots) when Jonathan tried it

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Alaigbomaster: 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mrtaye:

Ok 2012 was the best time so why was there protest by the opposition (you lots) when Jonathan tried it

Who told you that all Tinubu's supporters today opposed the removal in 2012?
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Akalia(m): 6:48pm On Jun 05, 2023
kingthreat:

Ok let subsidy continue and we get indebted with another trillion of Naira while the fuel marketers who are %0.000005 of the population keep getting richer.
Again you miss the point.

While subsidy removal portends positive implications for our nation, there are things that should have being considered first.

The most weighty factor that should have being considered is putting measures in place to cushion the ripple effect of the subsidy removal on the part of struggling common Nigerians like you and I, of which we constitute the majority in the country.
Those (minority) who belong to the political elite and wealthy elite won't feel the pang of this subsidy removal at all.

Today I have to pay more for less with respect to PMS purchase.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by marlow1962(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

Okoro ibe, I'm not the one looking for missing manhood
Lmao
Una no even get meaningful thing to take savage person 😂
At least person where they find missing manhood dy feed fine, him boys they go buy for am 25 litters petrol full for house. The same petrol where you no fit even afford 3 litters😂.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Mrtaye: 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

So who do we believe
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by hush15: 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
Antiurchins:
Achievement of ALL PROPAGANDA CONGRESS

1. Double digit inflation highest in 23 years.
2. Massive unemployment
3. Recession
4. Failed economy policy
5. 1.5 billion released for tam of refineries yet no functional refineries.
6. Insecurity in farms and expressway
Massive kidnapping, Foulani headsmen, unknown gunmen

7.So many failed business

8. Borrowing 37 trillion from debt mkt and 22 trillion from cbn that only him knows what it was used for.

9. Nepotism in highest order

10. Corruption, insurbordination, and massive looting.

THAT IS WHAT TILIBU PROMISED TO CONTINUE FROM.

My prayers are for those that didn't vote for APC, may God make things easier for them.

Amen
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by nairalanda1(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Akalia:

While subsidy removal portends positive implications for our nation, there are things that should have being considered first.

The most weighty factor that should have being considered is putting measures in place to cushion the ripple effect of the subsidy removal on the part of struggling common Nigerians like you and I, of which we constitute the majority in the country.
Those (minority) who belong to the political elite and wealthy elite won't feel the pang of this subsidy removal at all.

So, we follow your suggestion and keep the subsidy.

Yes, we would get cheap fuel. But know this, we are borrowing to pay for the same subsidy,plus this year we have spent 7.5 trillion naira already, then government owes NNPC 2.3 trillion naira in subsidy claims, plus we have to keep paying at least 1.2 trillion a month...which may rise if oil prices rise.

At some point, we would run out of money, and if you think it is bad now, imagine when we run out of money to pay things like salaries, government projects, even new refineries self. Because we have to feed the subsidy monster.

(Unless we are ready to get every Nigerian, including the very poor, to pay more in taxes to fund the subsidy).

We got to choose our poision. And for now, subsidy removal is the lesser of the two poisions...and there is a chance it may work somewhat.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by kingthreat(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Akalia:

Well the new leadership said they will. Lets hope they do for the general interest of Nigerians.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Elan83(m): 7:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
Another crafty move by Tinubu to frustrate Election tribunal proceedings, Tinubu is d most corrupt evil man on earth
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Mrtaye: 7:14pm On Jun 05, 2023
Alaigbomaster:

So who are the people that opposed it....the ojota protest was about what
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Lutherblaq: 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2023
ImoleNaija:

God go soon shame y'all. smiley

Is it God That you voted for or President Tinubu ? You people should leave God alone o... i heard you when you tell us how Tinubu is the best for the job and a master planer he should pls prove his supporters right abeg...

Pls don't tell me its to early for him prove you right tongue

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by nairalanda1(m): 7:19pm On Jun 05, 2023
Mrtaye:

So who are the people that opposed it....the ojota protest was about what

Most Nigerians oppsed subsidy in 2012, same as now. Tinubu and Buhari decided to play the cunny man game and smartly jumped on the bandwagon to confirm their political futures. And it worked.

Otherwise, removing subsidy in 2012, as at now, was a sensisble decision. Pity most Nigerians could not see it then. We would have long since gotten rid of the thing, and even most likely had more refineries.

Yes, I blame Nigerians for the retention of subsidy in 2012. In life, the sane economic decisions are not always the popular ones.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Mrtaye: 7:20pm On Jun 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Most Nigerians oppsed subsidy in 2012, same as now. Tinubu and Buhari decided to play the cunny man game and smartly jumped on the bandwagon to confirm their political futures. And it worked.

Otherwise, removing subsidy in 2012, as at now, was a sensisble decision. Pity most Nigerians could not see it then. We would have long since gotten rid of the thing, and even most likely had more refineries.

Yes, I blame Nigerians for the retention of subsidy in 2012. In life, the sane economic decisions are not always the popular ones.
Hmmm
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Tareq1105: 7:22pm On Jun 05, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:
Tinubu protested fuel subsidy removal in 2012 and now gallantly wants to be the one removing it so freely. It won't work.

So you're fighting back? Just do it with moderation o.

Yes Tinubu was against it in 2012, but if you are against it today just to pay Tinubu back in his own coin, don't you think it would be to the benefits of the few thieves and we end up passing it on to our children?

Let's forget about Tinubu stand 11 yrs ago, we cannot afford to wait for another 11 yrs which could even be your time.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by NAC1666: 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-judiciary-workers-declare-nationwide-crisis-over-fuel-subsidy/
This has been Tinubu plan all along...the strike will hamper the presidential election tribunal. Tinubu knows that if he removed subsidy, labour will strike. It's a grand plan all along,that's why they didn't want Buhari to be the one to remove the subsidy... Nigerians,think
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by 2016easy2017: 7:29pm On Jun 05, 2023
I wish they will never return. They are the one who destroyed this nation. Their absence won't be felt
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Akalia(m): 7:31pm On Jun 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

So, we follow your suggestion and keep the subsidy.

Yes, we would get cheap fuel. But know this, we are borrowing to pay for the same subsidy,plus this year we have spent 7.5 trillion naira already, then government owes NNPC 2.3 trillion naira in subsidy claims, plus we have to keep paying at least 1.2 trillion a month...which may rise if oil prices rise.

At some point, we would run out of money, and if you think it is bad now, imagine when we run out of money to pay things like salaries, government projects, even new refineries self. Because we have to feed the subsidy monster.

(Unless we are ready to get every Nigerian, including the very poor, to pay more in taxes to fund the subsidy).

We got to choose our poision. And for now, subsidy removal is the lesser of the two poisions...and there is a chance it may work somewhat.
Nigeria can never run ou of money. Whoever convinced you that subsidy payment will get this country broke did succeed,selling falsehood to you.

Subsidy removal is not the only major way of cutting down on budgetary wastes.

Let the downsizing start with austerity measure on jumbo salaries earned by political office holders
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Oyomesiile: 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2023
What now happens to our Tribunal case in court?
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Eriokanmi: 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Hope they won't say they're working for Obi too, as if those defending the clueless government buy fuel at the old price. Jonathan's cluelesness will be a childsplay
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by nairalanda1(m): 7:34pm On Jun 05, 2023
Akalia:
Nigeria can never run of money. Whoever convinced you that subsidy payment will get this country broke did succeed,selling falsehood to you.
Subsidy removal is not the only major way of cutting down on budgetary wastes. Let the downsizing start with austerity measure on jumbo salaries earned by political office holders

Nigeria is spending 96% of our income on servicing debts.

Debts that we have had to take because we are.not earning enough cash.

Nigeria is not and has never been a rich nation.

Otherwise Buhari would be a good leader.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by gfon(m): 7:36pm On Jun 05, 2023
kingthreat:
You all are the ones making things difficult.
Instead of you all to insist on palliatives for subsidy, you want this stupid fraud to continue.
the last palliative, how many you see collect? Una just want to give a good name to what is bad

1 Like

Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by MarkBenn: 7:38pm On Jun 05, 2023
The only thing I have to say is that if indeed Tinubu came out in 2012 to protest against the removal of subsidy that he just removed then it should not be well with him and his administration.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Akalia(m): 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2023
nairalanda1:

Nigeria is spending 96% of our income on servicing debts.

Debts that we have had to take because we are.not earning enough cash.

Nigeria is not and has never been a rich nation.

Otherwise Buhari would be a good leader.
Just so you know, Nigeria is not the only country in the globe servicing external debts. Matter of fact, Nigeria's debt profile is not even one of the highest in the world. Do your findings and the long list of countries who rank way higher than Nigeria on global debt chart but yet are doing way better than Nigeria in all growth indices.

See eh, your debt argument does not hold water because Nigeria did not borrow to pay for petrol subsidy but rather borrowed to invest in public infrastructure, jobs creation, among other key economic areas ; at least that's what the bloody lieing government told us but the impact of these borrowed monies are not significantly felt by the people (Nigerians) who own the economy just because of gross misappropriation and graft practices here and there.

Bro in such I don't have to convince you, you are a Nigerian and has being living in Nigeria your whole life so you know what's up except I am wrong.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Eecho(m): 7:55pm On Jun 05, 2023
kingthreat:

You're the cum-brained clown if you want subsidy to continue.
Yoruba Ronu . Pepper don enter una eyes
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by sapele914(m): 8:01pm On Jun 05, 2023
FeelGoodAlways:
Tinubu protested fuel subsidy removal in 2012 and now gallantly wants to be the one removing it so freely. It won't work.
That is why 10 years from now guaranteed, you will still be suffering
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Escapist(f): 8:03pm On Jun 05, 2023
oloriooko:
the plan exactly!
i believe BAT incited them to do this

grin grin
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by sapele914(m): 8:04pm On Jun 05, 2023
Akalia:
Just so you know, Nigeria is not the only country in the globe servicing external debts. Matter of fact, Nigeria's debt profile is not even one of the highest in the world. Do your findings and the long list of countries who rank way higher than Nigeria on global debt chart but yet are doing way better than Nigeria in all growth indices.

See eh, your debt argument does not hold water because Nigeria did not borrow to pay for petrol subsidy but rather borrowed to invest in public infrastructure, jobs creation, among other key economic areas ; at least that's what the bloody lieing government told us but the impact of these borrowed monies are not significantly felt by the people (Nigerians) who own the economy just because of gross misappropriation and graft practices here and there.

Bro in such I don't have to convince you, you are a Nigerian and has being living in Nigeria your whole life so you know what's up except I am wrong.
You only seem to imply about the Federal Government, what of the States & Local Governments, that is the problem with you Nigerians, still living in colonial & military mentality, everything is Federal Government, Yet it is the 3 tiers of government that share money every month from The FAAC 🏦 ?
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Akalia(m): 8:08pm On Jun 05, 2023
sapele914:
You only seem to imply about the Federal Government, what of the States & Local Governments, that is the problem with you Nigerians, still living in colonial & military mentality, everything is Federal Government, Yet it is the 3 tiers of government that share money every month?
Federal government is the centre, isn't that right? Are the states and LGs autonomous to fund themselves?

From where does their
allocations come from? The rot at the centre pervades across board. See why i made FG my focal point?
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by Funflipper: 8:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
Tinubu government is about to hit the rock bottom even before it starts

Everywhere don burst in just 2 weeks 😂😂😂

The strike has even started before the fixed date Wednesday 🤣

Interesting times ahead people, interesting times ahead

What some people see as a big problem is the perfect opportunity for others to showcase their problem solving skills. A piece of advice; always view problems/obstacles as an opportunity to conquer.
Re: Judiciary Workers Declare Nationwide Crisis Over Fuel Subsidy by sapele914(m): 8:17pm On Jun 05, 2023
Akalia:
I Federal government is the centre, isn't that right? Are the states and LGs autonomous to fund themselves? From where does their allocations come from? The rot at the centre pervades across board. See why o made FG my focal point?
Bros Nonsense, the States & Local Governments are the problem in Nigeria, they do not know what they are created for, actually most of them should not even be States or Local Governments, if not for the same military mentality that I am talking about that created them.

Nigeria copied their system of democracy from the United States, any critical political thinker that has lived in the United States will understand Nigeria’s failures clearly, Local Government that was enshrined in the 1979 constitution is not functioning, which is under the exclusive jurisdiction of the States which are useless, lack innovation, no one holds them accountable.

I.e. fuel subsidy should be cushioned by the individual states, not the federal government @ the center, Ohio & New York don't have the same gas price, D.C. doesn’t subsidize it for them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prejudice & Bias, Natural Aspects Of Human Nature: Osinbajo Goes Down Memory Lan / Reps Receive March Salary, Defer COVID-19 Donation / Gov Abdulrazaq Sacks Driver for Careless Handling Of Suspected COVID-19 Patient

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.