Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,521 members, 7,826,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Court Sacks Ezeokenwa As APGA Chairman, Voids Victor Oye's Actions - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks Ezeokenwa As APGA Chairman, Voids Victor Oye's Actions (9548 Views)

Governor Soludo And APGA Chairman Visit Willie Obiano / Ezeokenwa Sylvester Emerges APGA National Chairman / “You Don’t Go Around Saying PDP Or APC Will Win"—APGA Chairman To Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacks Ezeokenwa As APGA Chairman, Voids Victor Oye's Actions by fergie001: 5:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
Penguin2:
Well I get it every now and then right from my Uni days. So even till I now I don't enter political discussions when I travel for personal reasons.

We have to stop looking backwards and start looking what's in front. i.e.to fully get into the political process... Until 2023, the SE was never really into what happens on election day! Now the sensitization is here thanks to Obi.

Whenever you say idealogy, I often wonder whether it only affects the citizens and not the leaders. You have to agree with me that we have some of the worst of them all. If you have had the opportunity of meeting some of our Govs, Ministers (was with one 2 months ago), National legislators you will get more angry than I am.

Ironically, what has helped Ebonyi is not Federal Government patronage but because we have been lucky with leadership since 1999. From Egwu to Elechi to Umahi, these guys have been intentional about trying to erase the erroneous views the rest Igbos hold against us, and try to put the state on the map. Because since 1999, the only tangible thing I can recall FG doing for us is the reconstruction of Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway and the siting of Alex Ekwueme Federal University in Ndufu Alike, Ikwo. Any other thing you might wanna talk about are quite ignoble.
I totally and wholesomely disagree.

You have had good leaders that have brought the FG to assist you guys. If I tell you how employments go for Ebonyi citizens you will marvel. Do you know how many Roy threw into .... just late last year? Do you know how many Igariwey threw into ...., Amongst Ebonyi NASS legislators, they brag on how many they have thrown into one FG agency or so. Hahaha! I mean numbers and figures...... I knew what Ogbuoji told me when I met him years ago, he vomitted for me, I hated my State NASS members the more, my brother leave am.

No S/E State have had the privilege Ebonyi have in the last decade, except maybe Imo but it doesn't show for reasons I won't name here. I agree you guys have had good leaders that firstly make sure you people can defend yourselves. Una dey claim ELDS dey collect everything. grin In the next few years, you will see what your leaders have been building, I know for sure.

I will say something that might upset many, there are many Nigerians (outside the SEners) who do not want an Igbo to be President. You interrogate many and you see it, you discuss with people and you feel it. OUK said this and people were abusing him, but it's a fact. I don't want to delve into the reasons because some are mundane.

It will take a MIRACLE, a big ONE at that for any SEner to win the Presidency by election. Infact Obi had the love for some reasons:

1. Many wanted something outside the old guard (Atiku/Tinubu)
2. The religion factor.
3. The agitation for power shift to the SE.
4. His performance as Gov

You will agree with me that the first 3 were more or less bigger factors that played out.

When you know this reality so for how long will you continue to stand aside and let them bring it to you. If by next election, the factors above don't play out what happens. Democracy is painful, it is a game of numbers where the minority will have their say and the majority will have their way.

in 2011, Tinubu backed Jonathan despite been in another Party, there was a reason he did that. We have to start aligning, if you stand alone, your leg go dey pain you.

Nobody is saying go on your knees to the FG but we are saying when you get to Abuja, let them know we need this and that.

Tinubu now went to the table with Buhari to negotiate, and not beg.
This is where I like the conversation. That's why I said I cannot villify Obi for contesting. He has got to be a man someday, and yes he is now a Man no longer a boy. He can enter agreements and negotiate, I agree.

That has been my point all along, ALIGNMENT and FLEXIBILITY.

Most importantly, our Govs, businessmen, legislators who go to Abuja should know they are the albatross. I don't fancy the idea of everyone running to Lagos and Abuja, that's what those against SE leadership wants. Go to Abuja and fight for what should come to SE. Don't leave your region desolated and come over there to develop others thereby weakening yours.

We must move with others.
Re: Court Sacks Ezeokenwa As APGA Chairman, Voids Victor Oye's Actions by Penguin2: 6:49pm On Jun 09, 2023
fergie001:

Well I get it every now and then right from my Uni days. So even till I now I don't enter political discussions when I travel for personal reasons.

We have to stop looking backwards and start looking what's in front. i.e.to fully get into the political process... Until 2023, the SE was never really into what happens on election day! Now the sensitization is here thanks to Obi.

Whenever you say idealogy, I often wonder whether it only affects the citizens and not the leaders. You have to agree with me that we have some of the worst of them all. If you have had the opportunity of meeting some of our Govs, Ministers (was with one 2 months ago), National legislators you will get more angry than I am.

I totally and wholesomely disagree.

You have had good leaders that have brought the FG to assist you guys. If I tell you how employments go for Ebonyi citizens you will marvel. Do you know how many Roy threw into .... just late last year? Do you know how many Igariwey threw into ...., Amongst Ebonyi NASS legislators, they brag on how many they have thrown into one FG agency or so. Hahaha! I mean numbers and figures...... I knew what Ogbuoji told me when I met him years ago, he vomitted for me, I hated my State NASS members the more, my brother leave am.

No S/E State have had the privilege Ebonyi have in the last decade, except maybe Imo but it doesn't show for reasons I won't name here. I agree you guys have had good leaders that firstly make sure you people can defend yourselves. Una dey claim ELDS dey collect everything. grin In the next few years, you will see what your leaders have been building, I know for sure.

I will say something that might upset many, there are many Nigerians (outside the SEners) who do not want an Igbo to be President. You interrogate many and you see it, you discuss with people and you feel it. OUK said this and people were abusing him, but it's a fact. I don't want to delve into the reasons because some are mundane.

It will take a MIRACLE, a big ONE at that for any SEner to win the Presidency by election. Infact Obi had the love for some reasons:

1. Many wanted something outside the old guard (Atiku/Tinubu)
2. The religion factor.
3. The agitation for power shift to the SE.
4. His performance as Gov

You will agree with me that the first 3 were more or less bigger factors that played out.

When you know this reality so for how long will you continue to stand aside and let them bring it to you. If by next election, the factors above don't play out what happens. Democracy is painful, it is a game of numbers where the minority will have their say and the majority will have their way.

in 2011, Tinubu backed Jonathan despite been in another Party, there was a reason he did that. We have to start aligning, if you stand alone, your leg go dey pain you.

Nobody is saying go on your knees to the FG but we are saying when you get to Abuja, let them know we need this and that.

This is where I like the conversation. That's why I said I cannot villify Obi for contesting. He has got to be a man someday, and yes he is now a Man no longer a boy. He can enter agreements and negotiate, I agree.

That has been my point all along, ALIGNMENT and FLEXIBILITY.

Most importantly, our Govs, businessmen, legislators who go to Abuja should know they are the albatross. I don't fancy the idea of everyone running to Lagos and Abuja, that's what those against SE leadership wants. Go to Abuja and fight for what should come to SE. Don't leave your region desolated and come over there to develop others thereby weakening yours.

We must move with others.

I must acknowledge that we have had one of the most intellectually engaging and fruitful discussions so far on this platform and I like it.

I think the job is cut out for us the upcoming Southeast guys; to build on the strengths of our fathers and avoid their mistakes.

But lastly, are you sure I will not send my CV to you like this make you help fix me for one place for Abuja because it’s obvious your legs are longer than River Niger in this country? I’m not joking, I’m serious.
Re: Court Sacks Ezeokenwa As APGA Chairman, Voids Victor Oye's Actions by fergie001: 7:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Penguin2:
But lastly, are you sure I will not send my CV to you like this make you help fix me for one place for Abuja because it’s obvious your legs are longer than River Niger in this country? I’m not joking, I’m serious.
I lost my phone and I am just getting back my numbers. That's where my P started.

How many Govs can reply text messages from common citizens, esp those they have never met before? I will make calls to get D_ve's no for you, just send him a text but this below will be faster.
I will tell you a secret, during Christmas/Holidays go to the Village, trace any one of them esp your Senator/HoR member. We dey abuse Ebonyi legislators, say Dem no be Igbo, they are the wisest. Just message and go there..... You will see, quote me on that.

My own ..... has never replied any of my 7 text messages. I don't have his time, we have sacked him from the red chamber grin
Re: Court Sacks Ezeokenwa As APGA Chairman, Voids Victor Oye's Actions by Penguin2: 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
fergie001:

I lost my phone and I am just getting back my numbers. That's where my P started.

How many Govs can reply text messages from common citizens, esp those they have never met before? I will make calls to get D_ve's no for you, just send him a text but this below will be faster.
I will tell you a secret, during Christmas/Holidays go to the Village, trace any one of them esp your Senator/HoR member. We dey abuse Ebonyi legislators, say Dem no be Igbo, they are the wisest. Just message and go there..... You will see, quote me on that.

My own ..... has never replied any of my 7 text messages. I don't have his time, we have sacked him from the red chamber grin

Lol!

Thank you.

I’m going to try the Christmas visitation tactics.
Re: Court Sacks Ezeokenwa As APGA Chairman, Voids Victor Oye's Actions by fergie001: 8:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
Penguin2:
Lol!
Thank you.
I’m going to try the Christmas visitation tactics.
Just try it!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

LP: Abure Signed MoU To Leave In June 2023, I Have No Personal Ambition - Ajaero / Real-time Gps Station Goes Live In Lagos State / Nigeria@52: FG Declares Holiday On Oct 1st

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.