Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,633 members, 7,827,354 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! (837 Views)

Incantations/spells Are Permitted In Islam / Cheryl Zondi In Sex Tape Scandal After Accusing Pastor Timothy Omotoso Of Rape / Uganda Pastor Uses His Church Members As Foot Mart,as Directed By God(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 1:54pm On Jun 08, 2023
Deuteronomy 22:28-29
"If a man encounters a young woman, a virgin who is not engaged, takes hold of her and rapes her, and they are discovered, the man who raped her must give the young woman’s father 50 silver shekels, and she must become his wife because he violated her. He cannot divorce her as long as he lives."

What if there were not discovered?

Abeg, how much is 50 Silver Shekels to the Naira?

Bringbackmandat

1 Like

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by TemplarLandry: 1:57pm On Jun 08, 2023
The word of God cannot be brought to disrepute.

2 Likes

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by HeartlessMan: 1:58pm On Jun 08, 2023
Somewhat?

1 Like

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by Pierohandsome: 2:05pm On Jun 08, 2023
Your question is baseless.

What if they are not caught, does that exempt him from divine judgement?

God has already spelt out the punishment for the rapist if caught by man, but doesn't mean he is exempted from divine judgement if not caught.

If you rape a girl today and you are not caught by anyone, does that exempt you from God's judgement?

2 Likes

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by kestolove95(m): 2:07pm On Jun 08, 2023
God no say make u go rape pesin daughter oo
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:16pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:
"If a man encounters a young woman, a virgin who is not engaged, takes hold of her and rapes her, and they are discovered, the man who raped her must give the young woman’s father 50 silver shekels, and she must become his wife because he violated her. He cannot divorce her as long as he lives."

Note what the scriptures say:
"if a man rapes a virgin"
This means the girl in question has never slept with a man before then so her virginity will be broken and blood will flow from her private part evidence that she has been violated!
Whoever she mentioned at that time will be held responsible that's why it's good to be a man of reputable deeds because if such a man is not then he must pay whatever the father demands as damages but it's left to the girl in question to decide whether she will marry him or not then he has no right whatsoever to give her a divorce paper.
So why did God specifically emphasized on VIRGIN?
Because a promiscuous girl who has been sleeping around may choose to hook herself up with a good and innocent young man so it may be a set-up therefore if she's known in the neighborhood to be a promiscuous girl she can't make such allegations.
Moreover two witnesses must be there hearing her screaming and calling for help they will stand as witnesses against the rapist.

But God is merciful.
Before a young woman can be alone with a man something must have been going on between the two of them perhaps she's been collecting money from him but the young man discovered she's not ready to marry him so if out of frustration he forcefully had sex with her he's already prepared to marry her that's why God allowed him to pay whatever the father demands. Now that they cunning girl has paid for all she's been collecting from him with her virginity she has no other option than to marry him because Israelites won't marry her in that condition most especially where there are witnesses that will tell her suitor that she's was extorting money from the man who violated her.
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by xpressionx(m): 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2023
So how did God "permit" man to rape in the above verse you quoted?
In order to sound smart,some people end up exposing their stupidity

3 Likes

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 2:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
xpressionx:
So how did God "permit" man to rape in the above verse you quoted?

In order to sound smart,some people end up exposing their stupidity

Just make sure you have 50 Shekels Silver then you can "rape"!
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 2:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
HeartlessMan:
Somewhat?

Yeah, 50 Shekels of Silver!
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 2:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
So all these explains why 50 Shekels is enough to marry a virgin you raped?
God is wonderful bro!

MaxInDHouse:

Note what the scriptures say:
"if a man rapes a virgin"
This means the girl in question has never slept with a man before then so her virginity will be broken and blood will flow from her private part evidence that she has been violated!
Whoever she mentioned at that time will be held responsible that's why it's good to be a man of reputable deeds because if such a man is not then he must pay whatever the father demands as damages but it's left to the girl in question to decide whether she will marry him or not then he has no right whatsoever to give her a divorce paper.
So why did God specifically emphasized on VIRGIN?
Because a promiscuous girl who has been sleeping around may choose to hook herself up with a good and innocent young man so it may be a set-up therefore if she's known in the neighborhood to be a promiscuous girl she can't make such allegations.
Moreover two witnesses must be there hearing her screaming and calling for help they will stand as witnesses against the rapist.

But God is merciful.
Before a young woman can be alone with a man something must have been going on between the two of them perhaps she's been collecting money from him but the young man discovered she's not ready to marry him so if out of frustration he forcefully had sex with her he's already prepared to marry her that's why God allowed him to pay whatever the father demands. Now that they cunning girl has paid for all she's been collecting from him with her virginity she has no other option than to marry him because Israelites won't marry her in that condition most especially where there are witnesses that will tell her suitor that she's was extorting money from the man who violated her.
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 2:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
I totally agree! lipsrsealed
TemplarLandry:
The word of God cannot be brought to disrepute.
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by MaxInDHouse(m): 2:33pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

So all these explains why 50 Shekels is enough to marry a virgin you raped?
God is wonderful bro!

The amount is worthwhile and it's the official amount he must pay if the father didn't object to their marriage!

“Now if a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged and he lies down with her, he must pay the bride-price for her to become his wife.  If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he is to pay the money at the rate of the bride-price" Exodus 22:16-17
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by Berrityga: 2:40pm On Jun 08, 2023
I thought you guys wanted to give us gist how Mohammed raped a camel.

2 Likes

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 2:42pm On Jun 08, 2023
MaxInDHouse:

The amount is worthwhile and it's the official amount he must pay if the father didn't object to their marriage!

“Now if a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged and he lies down with her, he must pay the bride-price for her to become his wife.  If her father absolutely refuses to give her to him, he is to pay the money at the rate of the bride-price" Exodus 22:16-17

Fair enough!
I just need to have 50 Shekel and I'm good to rape!
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by MightySparrow: 2:50pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Bringbackmandat

You want rape?
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Fair enough!
I just need to have 50 Shekel and I'm good to rape!
Remember you're not in Israel where that could be acceptable as the law, you are in Nigeria where the constitution doesn't tally with that of Israel! wink

1 Like

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 3:00pm On Jun 08, 2023
MightySparrow:

You want rape?

Which question are you answering?
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 3:02pm On Jun 08, 2023
True! Now i remember!
MaxInDHouse:

Remember you're not in Israel where that could be acceptable as the law, you are in Nigeria where the constitution doesn't tally with that of Israel! wink
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:38pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

True! Now i remember!
Don't worry i'm here to remind you always!

2 Likes

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by hashtagged(m): 4:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Bringbackmandat

Now I understand when Jesus said out of the hardness of your hearts the laws were given.

2 Likes

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 4:39pm On Jun 08, 2023
Elaborate?[b][/b]

quote author=hashtagged post=123657492]

Now I understand when Jesus said out of the hardness of your hearts the laws were given. [/quote]
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by advocatejare(m): 6:55pm On Jun 08, 2023
AntiChristian:

Bringbackmandat

And here is the Islamic stance on rape?

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab that Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan gave a judgment that the rapist had to pay the raped woman her bride- price.
Yahya said that he heard Malik say, "What is done in our community about the man who rapes a woman, virgin or non-virgin, if she is free, is that he must pay the bride-price of the like of her. If she is a
slave, he must pay what he has diminished of her worth.
The hadd-punishment in such cases is applied to the rapist, and there is no punishment applied to the raped woman. If the rapist is a slave, that is against his master unless he wishes to surrender him."
Muwatta Malik : Book 36, Hadith 1418

1 Like

Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by advocatejare(m): 6:07am On Jun 09, 2023
advocatejare:

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab that Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan gave a judgment that the rapist had to pay the raped woman her bride- price.
Yahya said that he heard Malik say, "What is done in our community about the man who rapes a woman, virgin or non-virgin, if she is free, is that he must pay the bride-price of the like of her. If she is a
The hadd-punishment in such cases is applied to the rapist, and there is no punishment applied to the raped woman. If the rapist is a slave, that is against his master unless he wishes to surrender him."
AntiChristian I have shown you your sharia law that if you rape a woman in Islam, all you have to do is to pay her bride price
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 8:08am On Jun 09, 2023
advocatejare:

AntiChristian I have shown you your sharia law that if you rape a woman in Islam, all you have to do is to pay her bride price

K

That's the one your Holy Spirit approved!
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by advocatejare(m): 8:24am On Jun 09, 2023
AntiChristian:

K

That's the one your Holy Spirit approved!
Oh. So Holy Spirit is the one that approved your sharia law grin

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab that Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan gave a judgment that the rapist had to pay the raped woman her bride- price. Yahya said that he heard Malik say, "What is done in our community about the man who rapes a woman, virgin or non-virgin, if she is free, is that he must pay the bride-price of the like of her. If she is a
-Muwatta Malik : Book 36, Hadith 1418
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 8:25am On Jun 09, 2023
advocatejare:

Is rape out of "Zinna" (fornication/adultery)? Imam Malik (Rahimahullah) pointed it out in your quote above in bold above! But Holy Spirit has blinded you from seeing it. The Hadd Punishment is to give 100 lashes plus a year banishment to an unmarried rapist and being stoned to death for a married rapist! The Mahr is an extra according to the Imam! But you chose to present only the extra!

You are always confused as regards Islam!
Islam is bae!
Continue telling lies as a Christian liar you be!

advocatejare:

Oh. So Holy Spirit is the one that approved your sharia law grin

Malik related to me from Ibn Shihab that Abd al-Malik ibn Marwan gave a judgment that the rapist had to pay the raped woman her bride- price. Yahya said that he heard Malik say, "What is done in our community about the man who rapes a woman, virgin or non-virgin, if she is free, is that he must pay the bride-price of the like of her. If she is a
-Muwatta Malik : Book 36, Hadith 1418
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by advocatejare(m): 1:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
AntiChristian:

[color=#990000]Is rape out of "Zinna" (fornication/adultery)? Imam Malik (Rahimahullah) pointed it out in your quote above in bold above!
Oniro jatijati, where is Zinna mentioned in what I posted? Must you lie for Allah?

[b]The Hadd Punishment is to give 100 lashes plus a year banishment to an unmarried rapist and being stoned to death for a married rapist!

Can you show us where Muhammad received this law in the Quran or it’s one of the lies he and his followers concocted to mislead you their foolish followers?
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 2:57pm On Jun 09, 2023
advocatejare:

Oniro jatijati, where is Zinna mentioned in what I posted? Must you lie for Allah?
The blatant liar (may God expose him to shame) among us is clear. Allah will keep shaming you and your colleague that lie with Christianity against Islam. You need not mention Zinna. You mentioned Hadd punishment for rape! That's it.

Can you show us where Muhammad received this law in the Quran or it’s one of the lies he and his followers concocted to mislead you their foolish followers?

Campaign after election, just like Peter Obi....Oti lo.

Na me give you the extract wey you dey copy from?
Oponu oniro afofungbemu!
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by advocatejare(m): 5:10pm On Jun 09, 2023
AntiChristian:
The blatant liar (may God expose him to shame) among us is clear. Allah will keep shaming you and your colleague that lie with Christianity against Islam. You need not mention Zinna. You mentioned Hadd punishment for rape! That's it.
Stop crying.
Show the word Zinna in what I posted
Show the punishment prescribed for rape in the so called book of Allah called the Quran!

If you can’t then whatever you do is a fabrication that your religion is known for!
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by AntiChristian: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
advocatejare:

Stop crying.
Show the word Zinna in what I posted
Show the punishment prescribed for rape in the so called book of Allah called the Quran!

If you can’t then whatever you do is a fabrication that your religion is known for!

Abeg go and read about hadd punishment in Islam jare!
Olodo osi!
Arrogant Ignoramus!
Re: When Rape Was Somewhat Permitted By God! by advocatejare(m): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
AntiChristian:

Abeg go and read about hadd punishment in Islam jare!

Is your Quran not complete anymore?

Show me where hadd punishment for rape is mentioned in the Quran!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How God Delivered Me And 9 People In My Car From A Serious Accident / Sins & It Antitode / Does An Atheist Has More Faith Than A Christain?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.