Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,118 members, 7,835,766 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. (3694 Views)

If An Atheists Goes For Interview, What Will He/she Choose As Religion / Theists: Objective Morality, Why Is Something Good? / Sexual Orientations And Objective Morality. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 5:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
Maynmann:

Yes, some countries don’t allow death sentences no matter the offence.
Even in countries that does death sentences, Have you forgotten we have different degrees of murder and not all warrant the criminal should be killed.

Also the idea of a judge and a court is a gradual human thinking, when israelites were killing women because they were SEDUCING them, which judge ruled it?

Killing someone after they killed someone, what’s the morality behind it?
You are nor making sense, God is the ultimate law giver and Judge. He could Judge anyone, societies that contravene his law regardless you agree with UT or not, it does not count.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:

You are nor making sense, God is the ultimate law giver and Judge. He could Judge anyone, societies that contravene his law regardless you agree with UT or not, it does not count.
Exactly you don’t know what morality means, you are only following orders and laws of your god.
If your god says you should kill someone for seducing you, you will follow the order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 5:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
LordReed:

Why are you running away from the answer, is murder subjective?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:
If you ask the children that samuel killed their father, do you think they will say that samuel murdering their father is right?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Maynmann:

Exactly you don’t know what morality means, you are only following orders and laws of your god.
If your god says you should kill someone for seducing you, you will follow the order
My friend you know what morality is, everyone knows, regardless whether you accept it or not.
Whether societies agree with it or not it does not make subjective.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:

My friend you know what morality is, everyone knows, regardless whether you accept it or not.
Whether societies agree with it or not it does not make it right.
What is the morality that everyone knows, mention one.

What makes something right if the the society has no say to it?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 5:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Maynmann:

If you ask the children that samuel killed their father, do you think they will say that samuel murdering their father is right?
My friend that is not the issue, is murder subjective? Simple yes or no?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 5:27pm On Jun 11, 2023
Maynmann:

What is the morality that everyone knows, mention one.

What makes something right if the the society has no say to it?
Answer the question and stop beating round the bush.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:
My friend that is not the issue, is murder subjective? Simple yes or no.
Don’t you get it?
Samuel murdered someone because he thinks he was right.
The children of that king that Samuel murdered do you think they will say what Samuel did was right?

What does that tell you.
Do you know what subjective and objective means?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:
Answer the question and stop beating round the bush.

Samuel is a murderer!
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by LordReed(m): 5:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:

You are asking a nonsensical question, what is there to run from.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 6:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
LordReed:

You are asking a nonsensical question, what is there to run from.
you said murder means unsanctioned killings, so when Hitler sanctioned the killings of millions of Jews, it wasn't murder 🤣
I ask again is murder subjective?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 6:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:
you said murder means unsanctioned killings, so when Hitler sanctioned the killings of millions of Jews, it wasn't murder 🤣
When yahweh santioned the killings of men, women and even children, it wasn’t murder?

You keep shooting yourself in the foot cheesy

Numbers 16:35

Fire also came forth from the Lord and consumed the two hundred and fifty men who were offering the incense.

Deuteronomy 4:3

Your eyes have seen what the Lord has done in the case of Baal-peor, for all the men who followed Baal-peor, the Lord your God has destroyed them from among you.

Judges 20:35

And the Lord struck Benjamin before Israel, so that the sons of Israel destroyed 25,100 men of Benjamin that day, all who draw the sword.

If murder is objective, that means your creator is a murderer like hitler.

Lordreed cc

1 Like

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by LordReed(m): 6:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:

Hitler's killing of the Jews was ruled illegal by a competent court so yes it was murder. Next.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2023
LordReed:

Hitler's killing of the Jews was ruled illegal by a competent court so yes it was murder. Next.
laughable, which court? What makes a court competent?
Is a Nigerian court competent enough to give judgement on something that happened in China?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by LordReed(m): 8:21pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:
laughable, which court? What makes a court competent?
Is a Nigerian court competent enough to give judgement on something that happened in China?

Look up the Nuremberg Trials and educate yourself.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 8:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:

A chinese court too is also not “competent” enough to give judgement on something that happened in Nigeria.

You are confused yahweh worshipper.

1 Like

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 10:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
LordReed:

Look up the Nuremberg Trials and educate yourself.
well according to your world view that is only their opinion, it does not make Hitler a murderer since morality is subjective.

A trial that was set up only after Hitler was defeated, so if Hitler had won the war, so what he did could not be murder?

Meaning anyone who is powerful enough determines morality.
Lol your morality is determined by society.

By the way court do not determine moral issues but legal issues.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 10:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Maynmann:

A chinese court too is also not “competent” enough to give judgement on something that happened in Nigeria.

You are confused yahweh worshipper.
Going by the atheists world view rape is neither good or bad just just a mere opinion.
Which again reinforces it that atheism has no basis for objective morality just individual or society views.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by LordReed(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
Steep:
well according to your world view that is only their opinion, it does not make Hitler a murderer since morality is subjective.

A trial that was set up only after Hitler was defeated, so if Hitler had won the war, so what he did could not be murder?

Meaning anyone who is powerful enough determines morality.
Lol your morality is determined by society.

By the way court do not determine moral issues but legal issues.

Why are you so disingenuous? I said murder is a legal term where does opinion or morality enter into that?

Your morality comes from who you believe is the almighty so I know you are talking about yourself not me, LoLz.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 12:50am On Jun 12, 2023
Steep:

Going by the atheists world view rape is neither good or bad just just a mere opinion.
Which again reinforces it that atheism has no basis for objective morality just individual or society views.

Steep said it is right for their god to kill innocent babies because he created them.
It’s right for your god to murder his creations, is it also right for your god to rape his creations?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by KnownUnknown: 1:01am On Jun 12, 2023
They trot out the opinions of ancient people and call it “objective” morality. Your gods make it an objective to suck my dick.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 6:05am On Jun 12, 2023
LordReed:

Why are you so disingenuous? I said murder is a legal term where does opinion or morality enter into that?
you are the disingenuous person.

a legal term by which standard, is it not people that determine what is legal or not? So it is still opinions at the end of the day, murder being just a legal issue is even worse which means it is just like not registering your vehicle particulars.

Your morality comes from who you believe is the almighty so I know you are talking about yourself not me, LoLz.

There is no such thing as my morality, such only exist in atheism world view which you cannot live by anyway.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 6:06am On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Steep said it is right for their god to kill innocent babies because he created them.
It’s right for your god to murder his creations, is it also right for your god to rape his creations?
Babies are God's property he can take them if and when he wishes.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 6:14am On Jun 12, 2023
Steep:
Babies are God's property he can take them if and when he wishes.
He can also rape them if and when he wishes, they are his property.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 7:08am On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

He can also rape them if and when he wishes, they are his property.
According to atheist world view nothing is right or wrong just opinions.
Rape is contrary to God's nature as a God of love.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 7:11am On Jun 12, 2023
Steep:
According to atheist world view nothing is right or wrong just opinions.
Rape is contrary to God's nature as a God of love.
But murder of babies is not contrary to his nature as god of love, eros?

Your god can’t do as he pleases, he is also under the “universal law”.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 7:31am On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

But murder of babies is not contrary to his nature as god of love, eros?

Your god can’t do as he pleases, he is also under the “universal law”.
what universal law?
You mean an objective morality, yes morality is objective and it's source is from God.
So let me ask you, if a father chooses to remove his children from a toxic environment, is the father does it mean the father does not love his children?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 7:35am On Jun 12, 2023
Steep:
what universal law?
You mean an objective morality, yes morality is objective and it's source is from God.
So let me ask you, if a father chooses to remove his children from a toxic environment, is the father does it mean the father does not love his children?
Your source doesn’t mind murdering innocent babies, what is the morality behind it?

“Remove” you mean by murdering the child, yes the father is a murderer.
Is this father also Omniscience ?

A father can’t do as he pleases to his children.
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 7:38am On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Your source doesn’t mind murdering innocent babies, what is the morality behind it?

“Remove” you mean by murdering the child, yes the father is a murderer.
Is this father also Omniscience ?

A father can’t do as he pleases to his children.
You didn't answer the question?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Maynmann: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2023
Steep:

You didn't answer the question?
Listen to your advice, you didn’t answer mine too.

murder of babies is not contrary to his nature as god of love, eros?
Re: You cannot be an atheists and have objective morality. by Steep(m): 7:44am On Jun 12, 2023
Maynmann:

Listen to your advice, you didn’t answer mine too.

murder of babies is not contrary to his nature as god of love, eros?
"Murder" only exist for humans not God.

Just as stealing only exist when you are not the owner of a property.
You can't be accused of stealing your own property can you?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

The Sixth And Seventh Book Of Moses / Living Faith Church Members Aka Winners Chapel Lets Meet / Jesus Christ The Incarnation Of Adam - Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.