Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes (43604 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / No Man’s Land: Rhodes Vivour Cautions Obasa Against Divisive Laws / Amotekun Proposed Law: Wale Fapohunda Says Personnel Will Have Powers To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Lutherblaq: 9:05am On Jun 09, 2023
Lanretoye:
who is spitting evil?,everybody head go correct by force.

I said spilling not spitting sir, so pls do read before quoting me okay
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:05am On Jun 09, 2023
CR7 of Lagos has spoken
Chinedu Rhodes Vivour the 7. cheesy
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by aloma007(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2023
nairavsdollars:
Obasa is an illiterate. Just ignore him
An illiterate for protecting his region and people from invading thieves like you and your stealing brethren who wants to forcefully deny my father the rights to shut the gate of his house whenever he deems it fit.
You are a shameless thief and surely, your children will be sad in the future for you never raise them through the righteous path.
Omo ole buruku. Let it sink into your head that Igbos, the greedy developers won't become Lagos state governor no matter our differences at home. God forbids you lots
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by ycat: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2023
I don't know what they get in telling all these bold face lies.
tsdarkside:

forget that thing....
he has no prove....

you can aswell ask him to bring prove that buhari is a clone and have a good laugh....

na so them be....
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by katunboy: 9:18am On Jun 09, 2023
true2god:
Hope the law will protect big Yoruba churches so that non-Yorubas will no longer attend.

I hope the law will also prevent non-Yorubas from marrying Yorubas and vice versa.

I hope the law will also make sure that Yorubas will attends only Yorubas owned schools and hospitals vice versa.

I hope the law will also make sure that all the oil companies head offices relocate back to Nigerdelta, their operation base.

Hope the law will force Yorubas to start going to Europe, China and Japan to import spare parts for their cars

Hope the laws will also asked Zenith Bank, Access Bank, Fidelity Bank, standard chattered bank to employ more indigenes since they are not owned by Yorubas

The law should be all encompassing.

I can't just overlook this your comment here sir.. I don't know your tribe or anything about you sir, but I can tell you this for free that with all the yorubas living in igbo land and doing their trade there, no igbo man will allow a yoruba man to contest for any little post even councilor in the east.. You don't even have a say in their politics over there.
But in the yoruba land the Easterners / northerners will be able claiming landilawd and even chieftaincy titles.. Mind you this is not a hearsay, I lived in Anambra state for some years sir and I know more also can tell more.. If this is what the yorubas want, I guess it's good for them sir...Thank you.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by obyno82: 9:27am On Jun 09, 2023
PeggySandas:

Yoruba land is not backward igbo land where discrimination is the order of the day. Where an anambra man sees an ebonyi man as a second class igbo. Not to talk of the osu bullshit y'all practice till this present day.

Every region can't be deadbrain like y'all in your muddy region. grin grin grin

It is not about that oooo. The constitution has provisions already where the word indigene is defined. So unless you want to forge credentials to claim Lagos which is a crime, so according to the constitution if you are not an indigene of Lagos, whether you are Yoruba or not you are a non indigene
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by obyno82: 9:28am On Jun 09, 2023
ycat:
Post the speech here, if you are sure of what you are saying.

Oga stop being evasive. Ho and read rhe speech simple a short.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by chidiokay: 9:32am On Jun 09, 2023
Blaze14k:

The time you took to write this nonsense you would used it to answer my question buh u clearly dodged it cos u have nothing to say. I recommend you quickly create that stupid law i cant wait to see what it contain

and you are start with your fore father name undecided

All they ever no how to do is make mouth & beat chest .. same chochocho wey land Nze Ndigbo of isolo for prison.
IF East lock up there region today and throw away the key ...e sure say no tribe fit lose anything meaningful from that region.
The earlier your people change there rebellious ways the better .. everywhere in the world igbos are known for territorial tussle kilode. change my brodas cheesy
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by mmsen: 9:33am On Jun 09, 2023
Blaze14k:

Do Canada have ethnic tension that exist in nigeria? Talk more of united states

Canada has ethnic tension.

And there is no law to stop Canadians buying land in any part of Canada.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Sheggy13(m): 9:34am On Jun 09, 2023
obyno82:

The law even discriminates against Yorubas from Ogun and other SW states, because if your ancestral home is not within the confines of Lagos then you are not an indigene of Lagos.
Then so be it if that's what they want. You can't dictate the laws of a state for them. There are over 200 tribes living in Lagos and they don't give a damn about laws Lagos state want for themselves. Why do Igbos have to be the ones to always wail about whatever Lagos state govt wants for its people?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by obyno82: 9:35am On Jun 09, 2023
Sheggy13:

Then so be it if that's what they want. You can't dictate the laws of a state for them. There are over 200 tribes living in Lagos and they don't give a damn about laws Lagos state want for themselves. Why do Igbos have to be the ones to always wail about whatever Lagos state govt wants for its people?

Oga stop deceiving yourself here. No Igbo man is complaining. What we are saying is that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. So it must apply to Yorubas who are non indigenes as defined by Nigerian constitution.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Blaze14k: 9:41am On Jun 09, 2023
chidiokay:

and you are start with your fore father name undecided

All they ever no how to do is make mouth & beat chest .. same chochocho wey land Nze Ndigbo of isolo for prison.
IF East lock up there region today and throw away the key ...e sure say no tribe fit lose anything meaningful from that region.
The earlier your people change there rebellious ways the better .. everywhere in the world igbos are known for territorial tussle kilode. change my brodas cheesy

Oga shut ur mouth if cant engage in reasonable talk. Stop acting like a punk
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jozilinn: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2023
AfonjaScud:

Identify yourself, Okoro.
Who is okoro now please stop attaching me to someone else.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jozilinn: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2023
AfonjaScud:

Identify yourself, Okoro.
please stop attaching me to someone else you can check again
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by SenatePresdo(m): 9:49am On Jun 09, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
are they Nigerians? They are not. People from Biafra are called Biafrans

But it's not only Biafrans that the law would affect? What about people from Bayelsa that are Nigerians?
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by professorPABX: 9:49am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

It seems you don't understand.
The guy proposing the law is also claiming "Lagos is Yorubaland" ! That is not true at all, Yoruba are no different from other migrants in Lagos !
This begs the question: who does the speaker identify as indigenous to Lagos? And the answers seems to be "every Yoruba".
Now how an ethnic champion managed to get to that position baffles me.
Actual indigenous people of Lagos are tired of the apparent colonization of their land by the Yoruba.

Lagos is not a "no man's land" and Lagos is not "Yorubaland" ! Ethnic bigots should never get to these kinds of positions, they will only start a civil war!

You are not different from the person babaolofin called a bastard. You said he is claiming Lagos is a Yoruba land. You can see there is no difference between you and a blind man. You said the indigenous people of Lagos are tired of the yorubas. To make your blindness coupled with insanity, you said Yoruba's are no different from other immigrants in Lagos.

It is very difficult to explain because you are already blinded. The legislation will open your eyes leaving you only to insanity.

The present Oba of Lagos created the problem because late Ooni Okunade Sijuade (late Ooni of Ife) had feud with him.

Olofin the father of the Aworis migrated from Ife to Lagos. There is an history of Lagos Island of how the chiefs invited Ado to come and organize the traditional royal system. The IDEJO chiefs remained till date.

You cannot come from IBO land to dictate how the Aworis, Ijebus and Eegun people of Lagos will administer their State. It is not possible.

Indigenous Abuja, Nassarawa, Niger & Plateau people in future will have a need for this legislation. Already, about 50% of Ilorin is gone to these traders.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by chidiokay: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2023
Blaze14k:

Oga shut ur mouth if cant engage in reasonable talk. Stop acting like a punk

Typical 3rd mentality, you people never take the lead in any thing meaningful you demand, aburo you want reasonable, set the pace
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by SenatePresdo(m): 9:53am On Jun 09, 2023
Christistruth03:

But you are fine with this

Non-indigenes were chased out from Anambra civil service? Fine.

But would lagos chase Non-indigenes as well?

If so, why would somebody from Another Yoruba state be Governor of Lagos?

Make them kuku chase all non-lagosians from civil service.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Bluntemperor: 9:55am On Jun 09, 2023
kingsways:
An Indian is British Prime Minister

A Pakistani is Mayor of London

Even a Yoruba man is a Mayor in Colorado

And Yet some stewpid Speaker want to pass some stewpid bill to protect his own stewpidity

So,you have not heard about indigenes in all these Cities you mentioned,abi?
You have not heard about protecting the American Red Indians - who are the original Land Owners,the indigenous New Yorkers,the Indigenous Canadians, and The Original Londoners!
So,why the fuss about Lagos Indigenous Act and don't be resistant to great change!
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Padipadi(m): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2023
obyno82:

Hope you know that you that you are from Ogun andnother SW states would be affected by the law. The law said protection of indigenes so if you are not an indigene of Lagos whether you are yoruba or not it will affect you.
I m not from Ogun.
I m not Yoruba sef.
But I don't trespass.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Padipadi(m): 9:56am On Jun 09, 2023
Dozie32:

Go and tell your parents that they're all mad.
Ok. But tell your parents first.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by famotolenu: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2023
He is talking through Twitter.... Na im people e dey talk to naw
That's where his people, his supporters are
Weldone Mr LAGOS GOVERNOR (Twitter, Instagram & partial FACEBOOK)
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Blaze14k: 9:57am On Jun 09, 2023
chidiokay:

Typical 3rd mentality, you people never take the lead in any thing meaningful you demand, aburo you want reasonable, set the pace

Shut up
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by thedio(m): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2023
Speaking of English should be prohibited in the Lagos house of assembly abi se britiko wa ni house ni
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by chidiokay: 10:02am On Jun 09, 2023
Blaze14k:

Shut up

i said it cheesy cheesy they specialize in rebellion, insults and dragging people's ancestral land cheesy

i tew like igbo gurlz and food, you people must change o cheesy
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2023
professorPABX:

You are not different from the person babaolofin called a bastard. You said he is claiming Lagos is a Yoruba land. You can see there is no difference between you and a blind man. You said the indigenous people of Lagos are tired of the yorubas. To make your blindness coupled with insanity, you said Yoruba's are no different from other immigrants in Lagos.

It is very difficult to explain because you are already blinded. The legislation will open your eyes leaving you only to insanity.

The present Oba of Lagos created the problem because late Ooni Okunade Sijuade (late Ooni of Ife) had feud with him.

Olofin the father of the Aworis migrated from Ife to Lagos. There is an history of Lagos Island of how the chiefs invited Ado to come and organize the traditional royal system. The IDEJO chiefs remained till date.

You cannot come from IBO land to dictate how the Aworis, Ijebus and Eegun people of Lagos will administer their State. It is not possible.

Indigenous Abuja, Nassarawa, Niger & Plateau people in future will have a need for this legislation. Already, about 50% of Ilorin is gone to these traders.
Calls me all sorts of names and says I'm basically ignorant and then proceeds to talk about fairytale figures like olofin as if they ever existed. 🤣🤡😂
Whatever I claimed, I either provided evidence for it, or it is easily verifiable.
However your claim is just a fairytale about some imaginary olofin!
I brought Precolonial maps made hundreds of years before Nigeria was created ! How does that have anything to do with the current Eleko?
Keep calling me names while reasoning like a 6 year old who confuses fairytales with history.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by tsdarkside(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2023
ycat:
I don't know what they get in telling all these bold face lies.

you would be surprised....
they themselves realy believe their own lies....

very strange tribe.... undecided undecided
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Blaze14k: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2023
chidiokay:

i said it cheesy cheesy they specialize in rebellion, insults and dragging people's ancestral land cheesy

i tew like igbo gurlz and food, you people must change o cheesy

Lol i wont go down dat memory lane with u.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by professorPABX: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2023
obyno82:

Hope you know that you that you are from Ogun andnother SW states would be affected by the law. The law said protection of indigenes so if you are not an indigene of Lagos whether you are yoruba or not it will affect you.

There is no problem with that. The Ijebus are in Ogun and Lagos. The Aworis are in Ogun and Lagos. The palace of Oba of Lagos, historically, is an ancient Ijebu pepper farm. Iganran was an Ijebu pepper.

If it affects Ogun, but our brothers and sisters in Lagos are protected, then we are happy for them.

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by professorPABX: 10:15am On Jun 09, 2023
Stoplying:

Calls me all sorts of names and says I'm basically ignorant and then proceeds to talk about fairytale figures like olofin as if they ever existed. 🤣🤡😂
Whatever I claimed, I either provided evidence for it, or it is easily verifiable.
However your claim is just a fairytale about some imaginary olofin!
I brought Precolonial maps made hundreds of years before Nigeria was created ! How does that have anything to do with the current Eleko?
Keep calling me names while reasoning like a 6 year old who confuses fairytales with history.

You said you brought pre colonial maps. That is insanity. Only IBOs will look at maps created about a decade ago. Our forefathers that trekked from IFE to the Beach for Beach water (Obokun of Ijesha land) and Olofin the father of the Aworis are fairytale to you, then your insanity has just begun. The legislation will open your eyes.

The IDEJO chiefs are also fairytale to you, then you have just begun.

Nnamdi Ozobia, as the MD of Nigerdock knows the Oluwa of Lagos and Igboologun village about two decades ago. What has your maps got to do with indigenous people and the reality.

If Olofin is a fairytale, then the Oluwa is a fairytale. Ojora is also a fairytale, then you shall know when the legislation becomes an edict.

You talk about what your blindness and confusion got to do with the current Eleko. It has. During the late Oba Adeyinka Oyekan reign, there was nothing like this.
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 09, 2023
obyno82:

The law even discriminates against Yorubas from Ogun and other SW states, because if your ancestral home is not within the confines of Lagos then you are not an indigene of Lagos.
You don’t see us crying about it
Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Stoplying: 10:53am On Jun 09, 2023
professorPABX:

You said you brought pre colonial maps. That is insanity. Only IBOs will look at maps created about a decade ago. Our forefathers that trekked from IFE to the Beach for Beach water (Obokun of Ijesha land) and Olofin the father of the Aworis are fairytale to you, then your insanity has just begun. The legislation will open your eyes.

The IDEJO chiefs are also fairytale to you, then you have just begun.

Nnamdi Ozobia, as the MD of Nigerdock knows the Oluwa of Lagos and Igboologun village about two decades ago. What has your maps got to do with indigenous people and the reality.

If Olofin is a fairytale, then the Oluwa is a fairytale. Ojora is also a fairytale, then you shall know when the legislation becomes an edict.

You talk about what your blindness and confusion got to do with the current Eleko. It has. During the late Oba Adeyinka Oyekan reign, there was nothing like this.
I show documents talking about our region hundreds of years ago written by eyewitnesses. This guy says only Igbo would look at such documents to know how the region looked like hundreds of years ago. Then he proceeds to tell his unsubstantiated fairytales which wasn't written down by any eyewitness...🤣
I really dislike fanatics like you, logic is not even an option to you. It is all about your dogma, your belief, facts just don't matter to you.

I don't have an unlimited time and talking to arrogant and disrespectful tribalists who would benefit from me giving them lectures is getting tiring. Let me help you understand reality: show me a document written by an eyewitness which mentions olofin !
History is not just a story people tell, it has to be backed by evidence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (22) (Reply)

'Call Oshiomhole To Order' Okorocha Tells Buhari Over 'God Punish Obasanjo' Talk / Osinbajo Wants To Scam You - Sowore Tells Nigerians / Senate Uncovers Govs, Minister’s Imported Luxury Cars In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.