Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,384 members, 7,812,131 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes (43568 Views)

Lagos Indigenes Kick Against Other South-west States Coming To 'hijack' Governor / No Man’s Land: Rhodes Vivour Cautions Obasa Against Divisive Laws / Amotekun Proposed Law: Wale Fapohunda Says Personnel Will Have Powers To Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Kay25(m): 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2023
true2god:
Hope the law will protect big Yoruba churches so that non-Yorubas will no longer attend.

I hope the law will also prevent non-Yorubas from marrying Yorubas and vice versa.

I hope the law will also make sure that Yorubas will attends only Yorubas owned shools and hospitala vice versa.

I hope the lwas will also make sure that all the oil companies head offices relocate back to Nigwrdelta, their operation base.

The lwas should be all encompassing.
If oil company relocates back u think south west will die issh take that crap of

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by richardokubo(m): 10:18pm On Jun 08, 2023
Raf4:
This guy has totally buried his political career. What is wrong in legislating a law that will protect the indigenes of an area? Truly, this guy is an agent of a hidden agenda being orchestrated by some unscrupulous elements.
Almost every state in the South did something similar against Fulani's ruga. Some northern states did something similar (shariah law) to protect their religion. Why all this hullabaloo when it comes to Lagos State?

Goat didn't u understand the law the useless theft is proposing

2 Likes

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 10:19pm On Jun 08, 2023
PHIPEX:
Tell me who was targeted during the elections?
Everyone was targeted including liberal yorubas. Yet you don't see other tribes wailing and crying since the speaker hinted about protecting the indigenes. Why do you not want a state to protect its indigenes. Afterall the North practices it's Sharia and some south east governors vehemently protested against ruga.

Let the Lagosians rule themselves the way they like too. Whatever is good for the goose is good for the gander.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 10:20pm On Jun 08, 2023
Kay25:

If oil company relocates back u think south west will die issh take that crap of
It's the SW region that are even pushing for resource control. That's how confident the SW region is.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by eleniyan2020: 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I just can't ignore this anymore The guy who is proposing the law most be a a big time psychopath

This sorta things is some how childish, i mean like when you tryna play with his/her toy and he/she started vibrating and crying saying you wanna take his toy from him grin

After many tribes that come from their respectful states has made lagos what it has became. some people want to start some sorta useless Tribalism, seriously this is highly stupid and foolish if you ask me

But what did i know
is not too late to go back to your state and develop it,Sabi na ena build all the company in Lagos!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by richardokubo(m): 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
He is playing. When he was switching names from Chinedu to Gbadebo, yet can not speak a single correct complete sentence in Yoruba, insults Yoruba, Yoruba Leaders and Yoruba land on the social media, he did not know the Yoruba see his game. Smh.

He has lost the moral ground and it is in order to conclude that Chinedu Rhodes-Vivour is not Yoruba. It is unfortunate that characters like him misrepresented the silent minority of Igbo who remain patriotic and do not like the way Igbo like him are riling up their Yoruba hosts.

Here is a soft reminder to him that the law of reciprocity is a legitimate demand to stop the politics of hate,lies and bigotry every four four years.

Benefits of Law of Reciprocity
https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law

The benefits are too numerous and sustainable.

Jobs will be more abundant to the Yoruba natives at home and away from home.

This reciprocity policy will help provide jobs and social benefits to all Yoruba in other states especially if this policy of reciprocity is adopted by all the southwest states.

It will equally help draw mostly talents and less of lazy or criminal elements to the Southwest from the South East which in turn will help improve the economy of Yoruba states and Yoruba living outside SW, especially in Igboland.

The Yoruba need the jobs here at home too and those resident in Igboland should benefit from jobs in Igboland so that the same privileges the Igbo benefit here in Yorubaland their govts are giving with reciprocity to the Yoruba.

Our economy in SW will grow in leaps and bounds with the policy reciprocity.

The State Executive councils and state Houses of Assembly in the South West should formulate an effecrive strategy and laws to domesticate the policy of reciprocity in their states like they did with the Amotekun law.

A more radical variant of this pragmatic policy was adopted and implemented by the Alhaji Sir Ahmadu Ibrahim Bello, Sardauna of Sokoto-led Northern Nigeria government in the 1st republic . It was very effective to quickly help Northern Nigeria ramp up human capacity and infrastructural development before the Premier's life was terminated violently on January 15, 1966.

Conclusion

Yoruba should not cheat Igbo and Igbo should not cheat Yoruba. Enough of this politics of lies, hate and bigotry every 4 years.

Reciprocity is the way out.

LAGOS GUBER & PLIGHT OF IGBOS: Law Of Reciprocity Is The Solution

Background

For weeks leading to the elections till now, I notice a profound tension and apprehension from the majority section of Igbo who do not respect and appreciate the warm reception they enjoy in Lagos. Please note that a minority of Igbo in Lagos are not part of the unappreciative tendencies fuelling the hostility the Yoruba now have against the Igbo in Lagos.

Since 1999, Lagos state government from under Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (1999-2007) till date has been giving free education , free health and employment to our Igbo visitors in Lagos like the Yoruba natives since we are all Nigerians.

This is no longer sustainable without reciprocity before it is too late as real danger looms. https://www.nairaland.com/7612989/lagos-guber-plight-igbo-law

Fool bcus the other tribals that live in Lagos don't pay tax or pay their levies of various form been Levi ok n them . All this tribal bigot u people are doing we wll see where it wll lead to nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Chrismania100: 10:21pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ogboni, return to your Osun state
Sunshine34:
Gbarebo thinks he's relevant, he's just forcing things and the Obidient are all over praising him. Tueeeee.

Excuse me is it a crime to protect our land and ourselves?. Why are this people so toxic and rude.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Padipadi(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2023
Dozie32:
Yorubas are the problems we are facing in this country
Maybe you should declare a genocide against them. Bite more than you can chew.
All of you are now mad. The north is no longer your problem. It's now Southwest.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by 7upnigeria: 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2023
true2god:
Hope the law will protect big Yoruba churches so that non-Yorubas will no longer attend.

I hope the law will also prevent non-Yorubas from marrying Yorubas and vice versa.

I hope the law will also make sure that Yorubas will attends only Yorubas owned shools and hospitala vice versa.

I hope the lwas will also make sure that all the oil companies head offices relocate back to Nigwrdelta, their operation base.

The laws should be all encompassing.

Nobody forced you to go to the big churches, nobody forced you to come to Lagos. Anambra is there, Enugu is there, Rivers state is there, that's if Wike does not send army to wipe out your arse from his state. Tribe of INGRATES.

19 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Holluwhakemmy(f): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
kingsways:
An Indian is British Prime Minister

A Pakistani is Mayor of London

Even a Yoruba man is a Mayor in Colorado

And Yet some stewpid Speaker want to pass some stewpid bill to protect his own stewpidity
how many Yoruba/Hausa are in government house in South East? Ordinary Councillor you can't play with it

24 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by tuzle(m): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2023
ConfidentialDoc:

Exactly, I see nothing wrong in a people protecting their own interest, after all UK Canada etc do have such laws.

I will only have a rethink if the Edo man, tiv ,Hausa , itsekiri etc make a fuss. So far nobody from those places even care about any law or no law.
u are comparing UK and Canada as a country having law to Lagos as a state having law.

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
They are crying foul..The hypocrisy.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
NzogbuNzogbu:
Oga you for kukuma do gov and draft your own policy

Lagosians gave you a lesson before, I advise you stop forcing yourself
Lagosians did not give him a lesson, it was MC thugs that won the election for APC.

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Padipadi(m): 10:25pm On Jun 08, 2023
kingsways:

And Yet some stewpid Speaker want to pass some stewpid bill to protect his own stewpidity
Cos they played their politics well. GRV born loser played rubbish. Those you mentioned spoke the language of those places. GRV no fit speak Yoruba.
Sunak just made a student law that ll affect his Indian heritage and other migrants. He didn't do nzogbu-nzogbu gragra gburugburu politics there.
Be humble and see how favour ll locate you. That's what that Colorado mayor did.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Lavida486: 10:26pm On Jun 08, 2023
I wish this law will stop non yorubas from building houses in Lagos state infact e Go sweet me well well so that we have worri part two

2 Likes

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
That one has never play a good politics ever since have been reading news about him. Politic thuggery, politics of by fire by force even against his fellow APC member

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Padipadi(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Damnnn niggar

So far is not a threat to the lives of none Lagosians, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour should leave them to go on with the useless law.
The law's useful Mr Slawomir.
Let Yorubas do things their way in their land.
If it pain you, leave. UK, US dey make their law, una dey adjust.
true2god:

The lwas should be all encompassing.
Yes it ll cover all you mentioned. The law was to be done to pass a msg that there's difference btw landlord and tenants.
In your own land, do your law. When your tenants abuse you, you can give them more gifts

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by mediclife1987(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
Damnnn niggar

So far is not a threat to the lives of none Lagosians, Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour should leave them to go on with the useless law.

He just doesn't know when to shut up.

Always opening his mouth like double barrel and using it to shoot himself in his balls...

The other day he was saying "Lagos is catching fire tonight" My oga heard and said: "person wey don smoke loud" cheesy

Very foolish boy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by tollyboy5(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lutherblaq:
I just can't ignore this anymore The guy who is proposing the law most be a a big time psychopath

This sorta things is some how childish, i mean like when you tryna play with his/her toy and he/she started vibrating and crying saying you wanna take his toy from him grin

After many tribes that come from their respectful states has made lagos what it has became. some people want to start some sorta useless Tribalism, seriously this is highly stupid and foolish if you ask me

But what did i know
A law to protect indigene is not foolish. I think our input as indigene is what matters. Your opinion is just for nothing.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Bigchristo: 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
Lutherblaq:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/no-mans-land-rhodes-vivour-condemns-obasas-proposed-law-to-protect-lagos-indigenes/
Let them continue showing their tribalism towards other citizens, soon we the Niger Deltans will follow same and start taking back our oil wells from those people and manage it ourselves make everybody hold their own side for the country make we see who go suffer pass, f#ck anybody who think Lagos is one big deal, there are people in all countries yall travel to and hold their citizenship and also become politicians contested an election n win, I see like 8 Nigerians in the US who are representing different counties 6 out of them are Yorubas nobody went to insult them that they are Omo ale or oniranu, some of these Yoruba folks most especially those in Lagos will use their hand to destroy their own states with the kind of hate n tribal sentiments they are showing towards others, if everybody boycott Lagos e go fall una eyes go clear

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Roozzaay(m): 10:27pm On Jun 08, 2023
This mumu still dey town?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Globad(f): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
kingsways:

The Indian and Pakistani identify as British. The Yoruba man also identifies as American

Let them start identifying as Indian, Pakistani and Yoruba and you will see what will happen.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by tuzle(m): 10:28pm On Jun 08, 2023
jimcaddy:
The move by the Speaker is very presumptuous, because as at now, Nigeria and Nigerians are not United. Shey we that don't like ourselves low key and cannot tolerate one another. Then you pass a law that benefits only the indigenes? Many Yoruba tribalists will support this move because that's always what they've wanted, but then again, it threatens national peaceful coexistence because we are a vulnerable nation. Nigeria is not a sane country like Canada and the likes where laws are passed to protect their citizens. We haven't gotten to that level yet.
is Lagos now a country and don't see why u guys are comparing Canada passing laws to protect it citizens to Lagos passing law to protect it indigenes. U should bring example of a state in let's say UK or Canada passing laws to protect from that state right

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Harrynight(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
nairavsdollars:
Obasa is an illiterate. Just ignore him

Exactly what I want to drop 🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by muhammaduyusufu: 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2023
tuzle:
is Lagos now a country and don't see why u guys are comparing Canada passing laws to protect it citizens to Lagos passing law to protect it indigenes. U should bring example of a state in let's say UK or Canada passing laws to protect from that state right
From Alberta, Canada and North Dakota, USA.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Ihateheadslamer: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
The way you jumped in is as if you're gay.

For your info, my Ass is unavailable tongue
mediclife1987:

He just doesn't know when to shut up.

Always opening his mouth like double barrel and using it to shoot himself in his balls...

Very foolish boy

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by fredoooooo: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
Werey .. grin

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Jostoman: 10:32pm On Jun 08, 2023
Padipadi:

The law's useful Mr Slawomir.
Let Yorubas do things their way in their land.
If it pain you, leave. UK, US dey make their law, una dey adjust.

Yes it ll cover all you mentioned. The law was to be done to pass a msg that there's difference btw landlord and tenants.
In your own land, do your law. When your tenants abuse you, you can give them more gifts
Na the gap wey LP use pass APC for presidential election in lagos dey make them dey do all this rubbish, even the Speaker himself is from Ogun State.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by mediclife1987(m): 10:33pm On Jun 08, 2023
Ihateheadslamer:
The way you jumped in is as if you're gay.

For your info, my Ass is unavailable tongue

Fvck off

1 Like

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by Alaigbomaster: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
Eboes just wan die untop this matter

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man’s Land: Rhodes-vivour Condemns Proposed Law To Protect Lagos Indigenes by harmonyglobal: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2023
This one don dey craze

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Rochas Okorocha Declared Winner Of Imo State Governorship Election / Buhari Addresses Biafra Issue In A New Interview / Umahi's Defection: Primate Ayodele Reveals Political Future Of Ebonyi Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.