Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,089 members, 7,957,083 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:42 AM

10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu (54799 Views)

Details Of The Student Loan Bill Signed By President Tinubu / President Tinubu Signs Electricity Act 2023 Into Law / Why Buhari Refused To Sign Electoral Act Bill - Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Acidosis(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Well, Buhari signed 63 bills in 8 years. In fact, a year or so before the end of his tenure, he signed one on minimum wage. Signed another one that mandates health insurance for all citizens but many APC zombi.es don't even know. cheesy You are yet to see the minimum wage bill play out in your life but here you are, already hyping bill 64th when the 2nd has been completely forgotten and abandoned.

If I were you people (APC zom.bie.s), I will think twice before hyping another man with another 8 years of my life.

On paper, the bill seems extremely great for investors. I imagine smaller investors taking over the electricity sector like they are doing in the telecommunication industry (specifically internet/fibre), but the realities of Nigerian corrupt politicians and the peculiarity of the electricity industry should tame any and every form of optimism.

I hope lawyers are prepared to cash this season sha because existing Electricity Distribution Companies across the 36 states of Nigeria will surely need their services in the coming weeks/months cheesy
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Tonytonex(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:
Theres been a constant NEPA(Power) supply for 6 days straight now

I mean 23:50hrs uninterrupted

I almost gave Tinubu the accolade and praises till they told me it’s normal during rainy season

Torr
for 6 days straight now,
I have not seen light (power) in my area. Spent more than 15K on fuel
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by ebenholer2(m): 3:02pm On Jun 09, 2023
We tried as much to convince you folks that bigotry brings down a nation. Until a nation unites by not minding his religions nor ethnicities then the development will start springing forth.
Buhari experienced failures because he lifted religion and ethnicity above good governance and credibility. Now we have a president who doesn't mind where u are coming from, so far u are credible being he works with u. Be expecting more progresses from him be assured.
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Josh109: 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:

No citizen hates good news

What we want is results not too many capping

Buhari passed same electricity bill but how far?

Buhari promised heaven on earth so don’t get orgasm over Tinubus first week

That Nigga can say shitts at the sight of microphone
why not hold your peace and see how things unfold..mugu

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by komzy589(m): 3:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:
From the look of things, there may not be any need for presidential election in 2027. Though, there may be formality, Nigeria need not waste her resources.

Of all what Tinubu has done so far, na dis one sweat my belle pass. Individuals now free to generate electricity at industrial scale. In addition to constant electricity in industries, Just imagine the employment this will generate.

Nigerians should never forgive anyone for insulting Tinubu by comparing him with an incompetent crook who couldn't develop a tiny village.
It’s our prayer that whoever becomes President bring the changes that we crave.

While it is too early to judge or criticize him,
I’m sorry but you’re sounding really desperate and s****d in trying to force a candidate who HAS’NT DONE ANYTHING YET on us.

Everything Tinubu has done so far is words and signing papers.
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by obembet(f): 3:05pm On Jun 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

U don dey like this man small small grin

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by boxypane(m): 3:06pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:

No citizen hates good news

What we want is results not too many capping

Buhari passed same electricity bill but how far?

Buhari promised heaven on earth so don’t get orgasm over Tinubus first week

That Nigga can say shitts at the sight of microphone
You still dey play?
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Coder2Client(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Taylor93:
Theres been a constant NEPA(Power) supply for 6 days straight now

I mean 23:50hrs uninterrupted

I almost gave Tinubu the accolade and praises till they told me it’s normal during rainy season

Torr

Similar things happened in 2015 when bubu was sworn in
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by boxypane(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
KingLennon:
Which benefits? Nothing good can come out from this government. Those laws are only beneficial to them. Why not tell us that we will enjoy atleast 15 hours constant electricity every day? sad
Are you serious with these thoughts of yours?

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by ebenholer2(m): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
Tonytonex:
for 6 days straight now,
I have not seen light (power) in my area. Spent more than 15K on fuel
Now that the bill has been passed...you should henceforth blame your state governor for it since they have been allocated to bring about development at your state.
The non-availability of supply at your area may either be due to transformer failure or your electricity company was cut off for failing to pay the required bill to the power generation company. If you inquire about this you will now i am right.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by obembet(f): 3:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
triple996:
cool

"some people" will not like this news. They are always sad when ever they hear good news about their country

But if na Thier brother sign this, they go Happy.

Thank God Nigeria is on the best hand kiss kiss kiss
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by boxypane(m): 3:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
Unperturbedpota:

Again you can make you comment without ending it like a tout.

Be smart and talkless .
Good one bro. I support PBAT, but that bros over talk abeg.

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by nnamdi640: 3:12pm On Jun 09, 2023
Rebelutionary:

I thought you will get it but obviously this is way beyond your pay grade! Let me explain it to you: The signing of this into law now leaves it in the hand of investors to begin generating/Distributing/Transmitting power without waiting for FG to! So in siimple terms there is no "FG to implement" anything as you will soon start seeing investors jumping on this and this will create jobs!

Oh..You want to drink tears? I promise you, you will drink our tears of joy and it will choke you!
Some of you just open your mouth to defend government just because the head is from your side without thinking properly. It is not signing the law that is the problem rather it is creating the avenue for the law to stand. You think because he has signed it into law, investors will jump into the next airplane and start coming to invest without considering the other factors.

One of the reasons why China has lot of investors in their country is because the government made them to pay low tax in order to be able to stand, creating friendly environment. You think investors are fools, they know when a particular government is setting a trap for them. They will consider the tax rate of that country and other things before they make a move.

You would have asked yourself why ShopRite decided to sell their shares if truly the environment was friendly for investors to come in. Again,if not the support Dangote is getting from federal government, you think he will be able to succeed, go and asked his fellow competitors then you will know that the country is in a big mess as a result of selecting wrong leaders. The existing investors are not treated nicely and you want more to come and face thesame stress. Another case study is the power holding company (phcn) bringing crazy bills as a result of the heavy tax fg placed on them and the result is the crazy bills you get at the end of the month, some time fg even loan them money from CBN to pay that same fg
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Josh109: 3:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Samueli007:
Though as a Yoruba guy, I voted for PO, but what BAT has done so far is commendable.
As long as Nigeria is working for the good of all, I no care who be president.

Almighty God, Thy will be done. Amen.
...always becon on ur initiative promtly before making senseless decision...PO is a deliberate dummy, has absolute nothing to offer.

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Spandau: 3:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
triple996:
cool

"some people" will not like this news. They are always sad when ever they hear good news about their country

Especially the developers who specialize in selling generators.

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Iupacnomenclatu(f): 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:
From the look of things, there may not be any need for presidential election in 2027. Though, there may be formality, Nigeria need not waste her resources.

Of all what Tinubu has done so far, na dis one sweat my belle pass. Individuals now free to generate electricity at industrial scale. In addition to constant electricity in industries, Just imagine the employment this will generate.

Nigerians should never forgive anyone for insulting Tinubu by comparing him with an incompetent crook who couldn't develop a tiny village.
The bill was initially passed under 'Buhari's administration .Stop the over hyping.Let's wait and see the laws that will be initiated,passed and implemented under Tinubu's administration before we begin singing praises!
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by OldBeer: 3:15pm On Jun 09, 2023
KingLennon:

Nigerians prefer mediocrity. Can people in the rural areas produce their own electricity? Someone sat somewhere and formulated what will benefit him and you are praising him sad...
You can generate for them and charge for it. Simple money-making idea.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Samfloxin(m): 3:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Mediocrity is terrible disease
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by richmond500: 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
shineeye1:
How did it take Nigeria 60 years to enact this simple progressive law?!
Truth is, Nigeria Democracy is just 23years old, even at that, we started getting it right in 2015 when we left one party system to real democracy

So let's just assume we are 8yrs old, give us another 30yrs and we will get there
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by AngelicBeing: 3:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:

The word lncompetent crook has been added to your existing case File, we shall continue following all your post for serious Federal prosecution tongue
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by azikiweironsi(m): 3:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
I never underated this man ever since he started his campaign and I'm not disappointed so far for his achievements.
Thank God I dodged the packaged fraud that was stylishly forced to our throats by the so called fake pastors, evangelists, prophets.
Shame on you all.
He's still searching for his stolen manhood.
I didn't name names ooo. At least they are two searching before one headless chicken begin to attack me.
Shioor.
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by ericmor: 3:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Xpastsitete:
[/b][/color]

ALSO GET A VERIFIED USA BANK ACCOUNT THAT ALLOW YOU TO WITHDRAW FUNDS TO NIGERIAN BANK ACCOUNT.

i need a verified paypal to shop online that can be use here in nigeria also because of my business. kindly drop your email details so i can contact you. Thanks
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Drguzzykola(m): 3:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

So, signing a bill that had already been passed by the previous National Assembly is now an achievement for Tiefnubu??

As clueless as you yourself are, wouldn't you have still signed it if you were the one sitting there, instead of the druglord?

You guys are annoyingly too brainless and brainwashed.

Mr President can't refuse to sign it ke? He can have his own agenda and trash it. Yaradua reversed all privatization of refineries passed by OBJ govt.
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by almarthins(m): 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
triple996:
cool

As a number 1 critique of tinubu, I say "good one".

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Tonytonex(m): 3:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
ebenholer2:

Now that the bill has been passed...you should henceforth blame your state governor for it since they have been allocated to bring about development at your state.
The non-availability of supply at your area may either be due to transformer failure or your electricity company was cut off for failing to pay the required bill to the power generation company. If you inquire about this you will now i am right.
Yes, it's something like that. They (KEDCO) said that someone is stealing power in my area.
Hence the disconnection.

But I shouldn't suffer for someone else crime. I am up-to-date with my bill payment.

It is their duty to trace the person that bypass, not to suffer the entire community

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Phantom233: 3:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:

it's unfortunate that nairaland is a place for kids n psycophantic comments who are out for bigotry and ethnic animosity, do you know how many years the legislatures have been deliberating n working on this bill? What concerns Tinubu in this except to just append his signature ? Infact this bill was passed into law in the last administration am shocked to see this again, maybe it's for cheap political points just like the suspended census excercise.
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
Hello let's be positive..
Acidosis:
Well, Buhari signed 63 bills in 8 years. In fact, a year or so before the end of his tenure, he signed one on minimum wage. Signed another one that mandates health insurance for all citizens but many APC zombi.es don't even know. cheesy You are yet to see the minimum wage bill play out in your life but here you are, already hyping bill 64th when the 2nd has been completely forgotten and abandoned.

If I were you people (APC zom.bie.s), I will think twice before hyping another man with another 8 years of my life.

On paper, the bill seems extremely great for investors. I imagine smaller investors taking over the electricity sector like they are doing in the telecommunication industry (specifically internet/fibre), but the realities of Nigerian corrupt politicians and the peculiarity of the electricity industry should tame any and every form of optimism.

I hope lawyers are prepared to cash this season sha because existing Electricity Distribution Companies across the 36 states of Nigeria will surely need their services in the coming weeks/months cheesy
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Demurray: 3:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
The right time to hold state governors accountable is finally here. Ride on my president and make it happened
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by tivhador: 3:39pm On Jun 09, 2023
LeoDeKing:

Oga gettat! What has the partial cripple developed? Talking without fully-functional brain cells
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Nawttiboi007(m): 3:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
There's no crime in giving benefit of the doubt. Rome wasnt built in a day.. at least let's be positive and wish ourselves good..
Phantom233:
it's unfortunate that nairaland is a place for kids n psycophantic comments who are out for bigotry and ethnic animosity, do you know how many years the legislatures have been deliberating n working on this bill? What concerns Tinubu in this except to just append his signature ? Infact this bill was passed into law in the last administration am shocked to see this again, maybe it's for cheap political points just like the suspended census excercise.
Re: 10 Benefits Of 2023 Electricity Act Bill Signed By President Tinubu by Acidosis(m): 3:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Hello let's be positive..

My positivity is not a catalyst for electricity.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally, APC Zones Speaker To Southwest, SGF To S'east / Goodluck Jonathan Launches GEJ Sports Club In Bayelsa (Photos) / IPOB Member Beaten Up By Anambra Voters when trying to disrupt election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.