Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,711 members, 7,820,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) (30514 Views)

Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government / Customs Plans Auction Of Overtime Cargoes At Ports Soon / How Second Hand Clothes (Okirika) Are Sorted And Put In Bales In Togo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Pacyrus(m): 7:54pm On Jun 09, 2023
KingSatan:
Please let the poor breath!

Used clothes are sold everywhere in the world. Stop making it look like Nigeria is the worse place on earth.

These strange and wicked policies are nauseating.

I repeat, let the poor breath.
Nice word. King Satan Are you into Freemasonry?
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Hassanmaye(m): 7:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
K
nlfpmod:

https://thenationonlineng.net/reactions-as-customs-plans-to-ban-second-hand-clothes/
Even tomorrow I will go and buy it, how can I buy 5000 shirt when I can get okrika good one at 1500? Many booticks buy second hand clothes and sell them as new
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Pacyrus(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
datola:
Please ban the rubish okirika. It is our major economy sabotage.

Those illiterates commenting up who want to look like oyinbo do not know it's because of the toxic okirikas that textile industry collapsed in Nigeria.

Textile industry used to be the largest employer of labour in Nigeria. Millions of jobs have been lost because of trade liberalization agenda that allow all rubish from other countries to be dumbed into Nigeria.

If we produce and sew almost all we wear here we would enjoy these benefits among others:

1. Millions of jobs lost will be recreated

2. Most youth will be gainfully employed and thus reduce crime especially insurgency in the North

3. Naira will gain strength

4. Health hazard as a result of wearing toxic clothese will be averted.

5, Nigerian fashion brands will grow

Hope those who want to eat their tomorrow today will understand.

But nor vex o. Did our refineries not collapse as well
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by fatytoy333(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
They should ban that nonesense
How can you be wearing another person used clith. Do you know where they picked those clothes from?
Do you know what if the owner of the clothes has died and they sell the clothes to you and you buy.
Comot money buy original clothes
Or you wear traditional cloths

Wearing another person's used clothe is a no no from me.
That is how on of my guy bought okirika jeans and while washing it he saw blood stain inside the jeans.
He tried returning it but it didn't work
Do you know if the owner of that Jean was a victim that got shot and his jeans removed and sold as okirika second hand cloth and you gladly buy it and wear a dead man clothes walking around.
And you wonder why evil things are happening to you.

The one that shocked me till this day
I found out that girls buy okirika bra and pants. shocked
Thunder fire all of una. Bloody disgusting species. Tueh!!!
Imagine wearing the used pant of an unknown bleeding vagina.
Angel Gabriel, what are you waiting for?

You are just ranting like someone with no sense, even in the western world they have the flea market where used stuffs are sold, cloth inclusive. May be you don't even know that some of this stuff are from clearance sales, factory defect wears etc. In as much as you want to criticize buying stuff like used undies etc, please be objective in your criticism
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Acidosis(m): 7:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
folake4u:

Lol. How does wearing okrika and whatever you're thinking correlate?

I buy okrika like no man's business and will actually be sad if it's banned. Whatever you're talking about is none of my concern.

Like no man's business 🤣🤣 Sha don't goan buy okrika "undies" one day cheesy
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Elmander1983(m): 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
Which kain wahala be this one? We dey happy say border open Dem don dey bring shege talk? Abeg make Dem leave am. We dey get luck jam Balenciaga and Gucci for the clothes. Tinubu allow us be ooo and stop jealousing our chop front.
nlfpmod:

https://thenationonlineng.net/reactions-as-customs-plans-to-ban-second-hand-clothes/
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by folake4u(f): 7:59pm On Jun 09, 2023
Acidosis:

Like no man's business 🤣🤣 Sha don't goan buy okrika "undies" one day cheesy

Ehen na. I know the market days for cheap things in this Abuja and patronize them. Dey play. cheesy

Okay, I don't buy okrika undies. That's an exception.
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by NGArmyTerrorist: 8:04pm On Jun 09, 2023
nlfpmod:

This said custom officer is a dangerous ediot! What a bastärd !Foolish talk and reason!
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Acidosis(m): 8:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
folake4u:

Ehen na. I know the market days for cheap things in this Abuja and patronize them. Dey play. cheesy

Okay, I don't buy okrika undies. That's an exception.

Ehn ehn cheap things dey that Abuja? No go activate my relocation button ooo cheesy Well the last time I was there, I enjoyed cheap Uber (zero traffic and congestion) 😄 But accommodation was 🤐🤐🤐😭

Good of you..! I like your real-ness. Keep this up.
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by GetSenseNow: 8:11pm On Jun 09, 2023
MRDEE01:
I support this.

We have a budding local industry that can fill the gap.

Kano,Aba,lagos and Onitsha can sustain the industry
You guys are incredibly foolish. The same stupid move where the previous government banned rice without making sure we produce enough is what you're supporting?
If the government wants to ban okrika, the sensible thing to do is to first make sure we produce more than enough, and that's same thing they should've done with rice.

I don't even know if you guys use the brain God gave y'all

1 Like

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by sacajawea: 8:14pm On Jun 09, 2023
folake4u:

Lol. How does wearing okrika and whatever you're thinking correlate?

I buy okrika like no man's business and will actually be sad if it's banned. Whatever you're talking about is none of my concern.
Smh, you are very insensitive and mean.
For someone of your Caliber, to read and understand is quite poor, SMH
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by folake4u(f): 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
sacajawea:

Smh, you are very insensitive and mean.
For someone of your Caliber, to read and understand is quite poor, SMH

Lol, I know your type. This cheap emotional manipulation doesn't work on me. wink
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Taigaban: 8:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
This Custom e be like say una dey mad. More than 70 % of Nigerians can only afford used clothes. Even the officer planning to ban used clothes wears used clothes, what a country!
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by folake4u(f): 8:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Acidosis:

Ehn ehn cheap things dey that Abuja? No go activate my relocation button ooo cheesy Well the last time I was there, I enjoyed cheap Uber (zero traffic and congestion) 😄 But accommodation was 🤐🤐🤐😭

Good of you..! I like your real-ness. Keep this up.

Yeah, surprisingly there are cheap spot/places in Abuja. It's all about one researching where they are. On IG, I follow some pages such as @prettyabuja, @seeabuja and the likes (they advertise cheap and luxury spots in Abuja).

It's from these pages I found one Karimo market day on Tuesday. I and my friend went to the market by 9am and it was packed full ehn. We spent 15k on clothes and e full two leather bags. 😂😂😂😂 When I wash am and wear am, you go think say na boutique I dey patronize.

Na mumu dey go boutique truly. grin

It's true. Abuja accommodation doesn't come cheap but however, you will see accommodation according to your pocket whether rich or poor.

Lol. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by sacajawea: 8:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
folake4u:

Lol, I know your type. This cheap emotional manipulation doesn't work on me. wink
Kai!!! 🤦🏽‍♂️
What are you saying??!
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by KINGKONG(m): 8:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
How can you be wearing another person used clith. Do you know where they picked those clothes from?
Do you know what if the owner of the clothes has died and they sell the clothes to you and you buy.

That is how on of my guy bought okirika jeans and while washing it he saw blood stain inside the jeans.
Do you know if the owner of that Jean was a victim that got shot and his jeans removed and sold as okirika second hand cloth and you gladly buy it and wear a dead man clothes walking around.

THRASH... You just no get sense
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by KINGKONG(m): 8:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
Senseless folks on this thread be supporting the ban as if they are no shops in US or UK selling second hand clothes.... Make Una travel to get more exposure
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by dododawa1: 8:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
GOD bless NIGERIA and NIGERIANS
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by kafeii123: 8:48pm On Jun 09, 2023
Even custom officers children and family dey wear okrika...
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by lexy2014: 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
IMASTEX:

If we all buy okrika. No one will be a local tailor to make dresses. Hence the job created in that aspect will be closed down. You will see pant, bra, towels, etc among what is called okrika. You will also see many of those clothes best for disposal.

Wow...that's interesting. That means that first hand imported clothes are helping our local textile and fashion industry, creating jobs and giving nigeria income.

But again, how is okrika pant and bra a threat to local production?
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Acidosis(m): 8:56pm On Jun 09, 2023
folake4u:

Yeah, surprisingly there are cheap spot/places in Abuja. It's all about one researching where they are. On IG, I follow some pages such as @prettyabuja, @seeabuja and the likes (they advertise cheap and luxury spots in Abuja).

It's from these pages I found one Karimo market day on Tuesday. I and my friend went to the market by 9am and it was packed full ehn. We spent 15k on clothes and e full two leather bags. 😂😂😂😂 When I wash am and wear am, you go think say na boutique I dey patronize.

Na mumu dey go boutique truly. grin

It's true. Abuja accommodation doesn't come cheap but however, you will see accommodation according to your pocket whether rich or poor.

Lol. Thank you.

That's impressive. cheesy I no too get patience for shopping. I just breeze in and out in few minutes. I imagine that one would need a great deal of patience to get the best outfits in these markets. Your IG plugs are really helpful

E say na mumu dey go boutique 🤣🤣 No be lie jare. Even men are going through a lot now because yahoo boys have infiltrated most of these shops.
At the end of the day, the idea of luxury, quality, etc. is all in our heads. Nobody cares 😄

About the cost of accomodation... Well, you're right. I'm weighing my options for now cool
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by phemmyfour: 9:08pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

let the poor breathe. These okrika wears are of good quality compared to the fake new ones you think you are buying in the market.

Fyi, once it's dry cleaned and ironed, you don't have any problem
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Emiron(m): 9:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
Confused set of fools… Na MUMU Dey go Boutiques go buy fake Aba…. Imagine Jack and Jones, Gucci no get stores for here even CK self except you go Dubai, South Africa, America, Asia or Europe na there their stores they and I no fit afford am but I fit afford Akube with correct designer without going to stores… there plan no go work ijn
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by folake4u(f): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Acidosis:

That's impressive. cheesy I no too get patience for shopping. I just breeze in and out in few minutes. I imagine that one would need a great deal of patience to get the best outfits in these markets. Your IG plugs are really helpful

E say na mumu dey go boutique 🤣🤣 No be lie jare. Even men are going through a lot now because yahoo boys have infiltrated most of these shops.
At the end of the day, the idea of luxury, quality, etc. is all in our heads. Nobody cares 😄

About the cost of accomodation... Well, you're right. I'm weighing my options for now cool

Trust me, I hate markets. grin I'd rather shop online from the comfort of my bed but sometimes, it is fun. And anytime I plan on going to markets, I clear my To-do list, which means the whole day will be spent in the market.
Last month, I and my friend again visited Wuse Market on my CDS day. We spent the whole day from 9am to 7pm shopping from one place to another, and you have to be on comfy shoes, particularly crocs. grin

Thank you. I have some other plugs, I'd check my IG page and let you know.

You know it. Yahoo boys have made things really expensive in the market. It was worse in Benin. That time, one Jean was 15k. I and my friends will enter boutique, the sellers will think we're Yahoo boys girlfriends and buy us malt and be dishing out ridiculous prices to us. For what? angry angry

Actually! Nobody fuçking cares. We just really like labels. As long as one is clothed and dressed well, it is fine.

Better stay in your Lagos oh. I nor wan see your brakelight for my side.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Emiron(m): 9:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
I get one mad wicked jack and Jones jean way I buy for akube with just 4K here my lil bro enter Uk last year enter jack and jones store go buy same Jean for almost 86k
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Bekboycrs: 9:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
You're dumb oga. Why do buy used cars that you don't know the lifespan or wether it was stolen. Why do you used 3d class aircrafts that has probably crashed before it was refurbished and sent to us.

Most of the underpaid civil servants can only afford okrika shoes and clothes because it last longer than the aba made that you have to keep buying new ones every month.
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Bekboycrs: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
You would come back to complain after prices of ready-made clothe would surge due to increase demand Mr new clothes 😬

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Bekboycrs: 9:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
datola:

Those illiterates commenting up who want to look like oyinbo do not know it's because of the toxic okirikas that textile industry collapsed in Nigeria.

Textile industry used to be the largest employer of labour in Nigeria. Millions of jobs have been lost because of trade liberalization agenda that allow all rubish from other countries to be dumbed into Nigeria.

If we produce and sew almost all we wear here we would enjoy these benefits among others:

2. Most youth will be gainfully employed and thus reduce crime especially insurgency in the North

They have to also ban foreign clothes for that to happen Mr know all
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by makaveli902: 9:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
They Should ban second hand cars, phones also. Do you know what if the owner of the car has died and they sell the car to you and you buy.

SultanOfAbia:

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Revolva(m): 11:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
datola:

So you .wan we should only wear naija made clothes , agbada from morning till night haba .... , if texiles want to grow it will , Nigerians are bad managers , its not okirika that made our texiles fall off , its our bad management attitudes.

We cant manage things and our economy over the past 40 years is a sham
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by MeineMutter: 11:22pm On Jun 09, 2023
datola:

Even those oyibo designers will come and establish their sewing factories in Nigeria. Bangladeshi and Vietnam are good examples. All known top brands go their to sew.

Our local Semiu tailors sef go sell.
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Originalsly: 1:47am On Jun 10, 2023
The sale of second hand clothes would be banned. I agree 100%. In the US for example ... there are huge store chains that sell second hand clothes only.... Goodwill I think is the biggest .... Salvation Army has same stores nation wide and there are thousands of others ... named Thrift Shops .... then there are Pop Up Shops ... online stores like Thread Up... then there are Flea Markets where used clothes are sold ... all in First World developed super power USA. So why not Nigeria? All used clothes sold in the USA are from its residence .... not imported. No one is proposing used clothing not be sold in Nigeria ... just that it will not be allowed in to be sold. This will bring a big boost to the garment industry and create a lot more employment... creativity and skill development. Let's see how the undercover okrika queens will manage maintaining their high profile.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 / How Do I Block My SIM Card And Bank Accounts Linked To The Line? / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.