Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) (30509 Views)

Katangua Market For Second-Hand Clothes Demolished By Lagos State Government / Customs Plans Auction Of Overtime Cargoes At Ports Soon / How Second Hand Clothes (Okirika) Are Sorted And Put In Bales In Togo (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by MySolace: 2:28am On Jun 10, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
They should ban that nonesense
How can you be wearing another person used clith. Do you know where they picked those clothes from?
Do you know what if the owner of the clothes has died and they sell the clothes to you and you buy.
Comot money buy original clothes
Or you wear traditional cloths

Wearing another person's used clothe is a no no from me.
That is how on of my guy bought okirika jeans and while washing it he saw blood stain inside the jeans.
He tried returning it but it didn't work
Do you know if the owner of that Jean was a victim that got shot and his jeans removed and sold as okirika second hand cloth and you gladly buy it and wear a dead man clothes walking around.
And you wonder why evil things are happening to you.

The one that shocked me till this day
I found out that girls buy okirika bra and pants. shocked
Thunder fire all of una. Bloody disgusting species. Tueh!!!
Imagine wearing the used pant of an unknown bleeding vagina.
Angel Gabriel, what are you waiting for?
I personally have no issue with okirika clothes...
But u see okirika undies, esp pants... They should arrest and prosecute anyone found trying to bring such into our dear nation.. angry
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by MySolace: 2:35am On Jun 10, 2023
datola:
Please ban the rubish okirika. It is our major economy sabotage.

Those illiterates commenting up who want to look like oyinbo do not know it's because of the toxic okirikas that textile industry collapsed in Nigeria.

Textile industry used to be the largest employer of labour in Nigeria. Millions of jobs have been lost because of trade liberalization agenda that allow all rubish from other countries to be dumbed into Nigeria.

If we produce and sew almost all we wear here we would enjoy these benefits among others:

1. Millions of jobs lost will be recreated

2. Most youth will be gainfully employed and thus reduce crime especially insurgency in the North

3. Naira will gain strength

4. Health hazard as a result of wearing toxic clothese will be averted.

5, Nigerian fashion brands will grow

Hope those who want to eat their tomorrow today will understand.

U spoke so fast....

U need to calm down and go through wot u posted, dis time, go slowly.

So, importation of okirika kills our local textile industries, while importation of already-made clothes improves dem?

Or u advocate for closing importation of everything called clothes...?

1 Like

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Acidosis(m): 4:12am On Jun 10, 2023
folake4u:

Trust me, I hate markets. grin I'd rather shop online from the comfort of my bed but sometimes, it is fun. And anytime I plan on going to markets, I clear my To-do list, which means the whole day will be spent in the market.
Last month, I and my friend again visited Wuse Market on my CDS day. We spent the whole day from 9am to 7pm shopping from one place to another, and you have to be on comfy shoes, particularly crocs. grin

Thank you. I have some other plugs, I'd check my IG page and let you know.

You know it. Yahoo boys have made things really expensive in the market. It was worse in Benin. That time, one Jean was 15k. I and my friends will enter boutique, the sellers will think we're Yahoo boys girlfriends and buy us malt and be dishing out ridiculous prices to us. For what? angry angry

Actually! Nobody fuçking cares. We just really like labels. As long as one is clothed and dressed well, it is fine.

Better stay in your Lagos oh. I nor wan see your brakelight for my side.

I can totally relate to preferring online shopping from the comfort of your bed. Na my style be dat.. cheesy But clearing your to-do list and immersing yourself in the market experience sounds like a great way to spend the day sha..

I can understand why comfy shoes are a must grin The way women shop is quite different from how men do their shopping. Iffahear say I spend 2 hours for market. Arhhh wetin I dey buy? cheesy

It's unfortunate why we have to deal with inflated prices due to Yahoo boys really.

Haha, don't worry! I go dey my side na as you no wan see me embarassed embarassed grin
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by bigcasava1(m): 5:38am On Jun 10, 2023
What have been doing since 8yrs ago?
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by folake4u(f): 6:26am On Jun 10, 2023
Acidosis:

I can totally relate to preferring online shopping from the comfort of your bed. Na my style be dat.. cheesy But clearing your to-do list and immersing yourself in the market experience sounds like a great way to spend the day sha..

I can understand why comfy shoes are a must grin The way women shop is quite different from how men do their shopping. Iffahear say I spend 2 hours for market. Arhhh wetin I dey buy? cheesy

It's unfortunate why we have to deal with inflated prices due to Yahoo boys really.

Haha, don't worry! I go dey my side na as you no wan see me embarassed embarassed grin

Yeah yeah. The market experience isn't bad, sometimes I just like interacting with people.

It's true oh. Men don't spend much time in the market at all. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Very unfortunate really. πŸ˜ͺ😫

Yes oh, I nor wan see you oh. undecided
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Acidosis(m): 7:02am On Jun 10, 2023
folake4u:

Yeah yeah. The market experience isn't bad, sometimes I just like interacting with people.

It's true oh. Men don't spend much time in the market at all. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Very unfortunate really. πŸ˜ͺ😫

Yes oh, I nor wan see you oh. undecided

πŸ˜ͺ😫πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜«πŸ˜‚
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by tofolo(m): 8:26am On Jun 10, 2023
SultanOfAbia:
How can you be wearing another person used clith. Do you know where they picked those clothes from?
Do you know what if the owner of the clothes has died and they sell the clothes to you and you buy.

That is how on of my guy bought okirika jeans and while washing it he saw blood stain inside the jeans.
Do you know if the owner of that Jean was a victim that got shot and his jeans removed and sold as okirika second hand cloth and you gladly buy it and wear a dead man clothes walking around.

but you can buy and drive a fairly used carπŸ˜…
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Sammy5413(m): 8:30am On Jun 10, 2023
Sorry bro never knew you wear them too
1opinion:

Is it only girls that wears them... Abeg find something else write
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by nikz(f): 9:27am On Jun 10, 2023
Terrible government even in the US they sell okrika clothes

1 Like

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Truvelisback(m): 9:36am On Jun 10, 2023
TruthinAction:
This government lacks emphaty. How will low income earner buy clothes? Besides, the quality of some of the okrika clothes are far better than the so called ready made clothes.

They want to make life bitter and not better.

They will never do anything that will make people smile.

Customs should better take their time.

1 Like

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Ray07(m): 9:54am On Jun 10, 2023
MizMyColi:

Even abroad, there are thrift shops, really big ones where people go to buy gently used (second hand) items. Visit these places and you'll find that people from all walks of life patronize them.

Even celebrities buy used clothes.
Am not surprise . . . The black man was program to be wicked.
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Ray07(m): 10:00am On Jun 10, 2023
MySolace:

U spoke so fast....

U need to calm down and go through wot u posted, dis time, go slowly.

So, importation of okirika kills our local textile industries, while importation of already-made clothes improves dem?

Or u advocate for closing importation of everything called clothes...?

Do you blame the kids . . . cheesy
Nigeria economy is booming with lots of job and high salaries in their dictionary.

They should just tell us to start patronizing Zara and co clothing lines instead. grin
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by mmsen: 11:09am On Jun 10, 2023
One country cannot ban such, it has to be a regional effort if you are serious.
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by waliezia(m): 11:26am On Jun 10, 2023
Custom should not try it o, wetin Dem want make I dey wear for this balabu government
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by CodeTemplar: 11:55am On Jun 10, 2023
grandstar:

There's nothing wrong with trade liberalization.

The reason why you export is to have money to pay for your imports. We do not stock Martian pounds as we don't do business with Mars.

Trade liberalization forces countries to focus resources on things they are good at. You don't need to protect your economy from things you are good at. For instance, only a dumb person would import plantain into the country. Even if they do, plantain farmers won't be scared.

Countries do best when they focus resources on industries they have comparative advantage. For instance, crude oil has greatly benefitted the country. Imagine if the nation had fully developed it and was refining 3mbpd of crude oil, was the 2nd largest gas exporter after Algeria in Africa, was the logistic hub of the oil industry in Africa, had the largest indigenous oil servicing companies on the continent, how big do you think the GDP would be now?

Now imagine replicating that feat in 5 other industries? That's what Germany is renown for. There'll be this Mittelstand (medium size company) that will account for half of the global supply of a certain component in car batteries for instance-and you have hundreds of companies like these.

Liberalization enables you to enjoy the things produced in other countries competitively while they enjoy yours.
Liberalization with shitty discipline is nothing. In USA, the state of Detroit focuses on autos and do a good job in it but above all are backed by the federal govt and enjoy substantial financial intervention from the US govt if the need arises. Can we say that here? Intervention are mostly targeted at a small group of people and that's why tribes generally dominates specific industries. Example is trade and commerce, Igbo's or south easterner.

Haulage and agriculture, northerners.
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by 1opinion: 12:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
Sammy5413:
Sorry bro never knew you wear them too
So you have never wore any of them from your birth?
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by TruthinAction: 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2023
Truvelisback:
Customs should better take their time.

Don't mind them. They will seize them and resell them. Do they know how many people are using the business to survive?

1 Like

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
SultanOfAbia:

Same should be applied to second cars too.
Apply this your idea to foreign used cars, laptops, phones, spare parts etc.
Congratulations
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Sammy5413(m): 4:58pm On Jun 10, 2023
Lol never bro, only if you actually know who you asking!
1opinion:

So you have never wore any of them from your birth?
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by 1opinion: 5:04pm On Jun 10, 2023
Sammy5413:
Lol never bro, only if you actually know who you asking!
That is good for you...
So tell me who am I asking
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Lolachef(f): 6:10pm On Jun 10, 2023
Thank you.
BennyDGreat:

Say what you want to become, not what your current situation looks like. Confess positively. See you at the top!
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by XAUBulls: 9:55pm On Jun 10, 2023
datola:
Please ban the rubish okirika. It is our major economy sabotage.

Those illiterates commenting up who want to look like oyinbo do not know it's because of the toxic okirikas that textile industry collapsed in Nigeria.

Textile industry used to be the largest employer of labour in Nigeria. Millions of jobs have been lost because of trade liberalization agenda that allow all rubish from other countries to be dumbed into Nigeria.

If we produce and sew almost all we wear here we would enjoy these benefits among others:

1. Millions of jobs lost will be recreated

2. Most youth will be gainfully employed and thus reduce crime especially insurgency in the North

3. Naira will gain strength

4. Health hazard as a result of wearing toxic clothese will be averted.

5, Nigerian fashion brands will grow

Hope those who want to eat their tomorrow today will understand.

Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by obama99: 1:03am On Jun 12, 2023
Re: Customs Plans To Ban Second-Hand Clothes (Okrika) by Octopusssy(f): 9:53am On Jun 13, 2023
felong:

Is that what you use to console yourself whenever your stupidity is called out?
E pain am oooooo. Next time you will not derail threads with useless dry jokes. Cry me a river!!!! Buhahahahaha!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Meanings Of Visa, Verve, Mastercard, Naira, Dollar, Debit & Credit Card / Nigeria’s Top 10 Highest-earning Ceos Received N3.5bn In 2019 / Blogger Seun Oloketuyi Arrested For False Publications About Bank CEOs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.