Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,293 members, 7,811,880 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. (18890 Views)

I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! / Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by OlawaleBammie: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2023
Imagine u losing ur intimate friend/gf whereas u can't do mastubation, u don't talkt to people outside cus u re so close to ur woman, and u don't visit brothels..

And to compound tins, she might be the churchy type who is not allowed to roll with men anyhow.

That is when u will know that money doesn't really bring happiness most of the time

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by richmond500: 4:25pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:
Good day to everyone in this forum, please I am in desperate need of your advice.

Early 2014 she lost her dad, 2016 she lost her only brother (my uncle) and then the worst happened in 2021,i lost my father which is her husband, and since then God has been faithful, I graduated same year, my elder sister got a good job same year, we got our first family house same with other benefits.

But the problem has been my mum, she's always depressed and always thinking, thinking of my late dad, we have tried our best as the children to make her happy, especially me the first son. Please i need advice on what to do, I really don't want my mother to die of depression 😞.

let her go and remarry.

The truth about depression is that you can never come out of it except u solve it.
Its not like anger that u can get over it with time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by gabbasin: 4:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
On a serious note, you need to encourage your mom to give In to another man that will duly love her, I know it's devastating to lose one's husband but life must go on, your mom needs love and affection to conquer her depression

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by niranlad: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:
Good day to everyone in this forum, please I am in desperate need of your advice.

Early 2014 she lost her dad, 2016 she lost her only brother (my uncle) and then the worst happened in 2021,i lost my father which is her husband, and since then God has been faithful, I graduated same year, my elder sister got a good job same year, we got our first family house same with other benefits.

But the problem has been my mum, she's always depressed and always thinking, thinking of my late dad, we have tried our best as the children to make her happy, especially me the first son. Please i need advice on what to do, I really don't want my mother to die of depression 😞.

Encourage her to listen to this, it really helps:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1hkzzzJAk
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by 7upnigeria: 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2023
How can I contact you
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Oyira(m): 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2023
Let her think of those she is better than.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Konjiboi: 4:28pm On Jun 09, 2023
Join NSPPD by Pastor Jerry Eze on Facebook or YouTube.

Monday to Friday. 7am daily.
Many people have been healed and delivered of worser cases. God will heal her.

It's a spiritual problem. You may want to doubt me. But there's no harm in trying. I know the kind of testimonies I have had on NSPPD and that I have seen others have as well.

I leave it at that.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Blackazuma99(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
7upnigeria:
How can I contact you

070 88 64 01 15
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by jubrilELsudan: 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
SHE NEEDS COMPANIONSHIP AND NEEDS TO GET LAID

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Lama70(m): 4:31pm On Jun 09, 2023
Tell her to feel free with another man if she so desires. She could still be sexually active but afraid of you guys reaction if she finds a new man.

Make her participate in religious activities.

Give her nice treats and share jokes with her often. It will light-up her mood.

Make her to visit trusted friends and get to know her problem from such friends or relatives.

The list of solutions goes on and on. It is relative and perculiar most times. No one-stop remedy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Harddiskng(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

No offense intended but she seems idle, tell her it is must for her to get out of the house everyday and make some money.

She should think of the line of business she wants to get into, you all can contribute to its planning and actualization.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Blackazuma99(m): 4:32pm On Jun 09, 2023
richmond500:
let her go and remarry.

The truth about depression is that you can never come out of it except u solve it.
Its not like anger that u can get over it with time.

She's already in her late 50s
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by AfonjaConehead: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
Op does she have gotv Africa magic?
Try it.

Don't ever listen to those people saying you should get her a therapist!
Imagine one even suggesting she should remarry!!
Remove that your contact you dropped up there

3 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Whiteshield: 4:34pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

She's depressed because she's idle. Let her get something doing that takes her mind off sad thoughts. A shop, small business, anything.

At that advanced age, the more lonely people are, the quicker their chances of dying.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Lama70(m): 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
gabbasin:
On a serious note, you need to encourage your mom to give In to another man that will duly love her, I know it's devastating to lose one's husband but life must go on, your mom needs love and affection to conquer her depression

What is your plan here?
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by richmond500: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

she can still remarry, that is the best solution.
Depression is not a nice feeling o, I know what I am saying.

The feeling is not something you can explain, it's so bad that some people sees suicide as the only escape.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

you people should start bringing grand children for that woman to play with
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by OloyeVIII: 4:35pm On Jun 09, 2023
Engage her in church activities, she'll meet people, hear stories, share her story and she definitely find peace.. my dad passed in 05, my mom lost part of my dad's gratuity and her package to resign at once in 08 to scammers, (reason i'll never do scam) had to sell our shares at UAC which was the only thing to keep us aflot.. if not for us (kids) mehn, i'd be an orphan. Forward a few years, look at us now. There's always light at the end of the tunnel, but sometimes the bulb is broken.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Whiteshield: 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

You're lucky, she's still young.
Set up a business for her and get 1 salesgirl or boy. That one will be stealing her money, she will be monitoring that one. Or open a standard creche let her be managing with like 1 or 2 staff.
Her senses will be at alert and she won't even have time to be sad.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by emmatex2020: 4:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
You guys need to be very close to her, let her know that you guys will be there for her no matter what has happened. It is not really easy for them. same thing happened to me in 2015, it has always been God. Try and be calling her,if she is far. Let feel the love from the children now.
God will help her, with time that thinking will reduce.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Eniitankorede: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

Take her to mental health unit for psychological counselling. She may require medication if it is clinical depression. On your own part, you can take her out for exercise, recreation, visits, holidays, games and the likes.

2 Likes

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by buzquet(m): 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2023
Get her distracted with a job or business that requires her to interact with people
Blackazuma99:

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by fimzzy1991: 4:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by gbolswag(m): 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
Advise her to marry...maybe it will help....u guys are not always dere for her

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by onadana: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
She needs to visit a Neuro psychiatric hospital,if there is one in your vicinity.It's a mental health issues.There are medications she will be given.She should be faithful in taking her medications,surely maximum 2weeks there will be a lot of changes.She will be fine

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by fimzzy1991: 4:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
She needs to see a therapist, medical psychologist. This is very important before things get out of hand. She could have scheduled visits until she gets out of the fog, so she doesn't sink under the darkness. My deep condolences and sympathy for your mum.

Blackazuma99:

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by stevestifler(m): 4:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar
Ogbeni make una give am grand children make them dey follow her play

By the time she bath grandchildren three times
Depression go run leave her

good advise cheesy
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Integrafamoo: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

If she is still young, she can remarry. Help her get a business if she doesn't have any, for engagement.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by OloyeVIII: 4:45pm On Jun 09, 2023
Forgot to add my mom has just one sis, no brother, didn't meet her dad, just cousins.. And they mean everything to her, my moms only sibling didn't marry cos she spent her time looking after us, while my mom was at work. Dad was mostly in Finland, if anything happens to my mom... her sis won't survive it. same with my mom.. they are like lightning & thunder..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Girls Are More Caring Than Boys. Do You Agree? / Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion / Rebuilding A Relationship After An Affair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.