Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. (18894 Views)

I Sat On My Father's Laps, My Mum Walked In And Warned Me / My Married Jobless Elder Brother Is Sucking My Mum Financially. Help! / Wife Introduction: My Mum Insists On Pregnancy First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by onadana: 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
SoftP:
If she lived with your Father in that same house which she still presently occupies; it might always refresh her memories;
If you are buoyant enough, kindly relocate her from there try keep her busy with the things she likes!

Best of luck

Wrong.If she changes house can she change her heart from the husband.That is surely a wrong approach.It's a mental health issue.She needs to see the experts.Take her medications,she will be fine.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by occfx: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

She is a trader already, the problem is that even in the market she is depressed and thinking

Na wao, e be like your dad Sabi love/fuxkk well well. Women no dey joke with the love of there life. You guys need to kick off some serious activities that will engage her mental health like marriage, new baby, omugwo etc. If you never marry, go start the process
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by SILVERLINES: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:
Good day to everyone in this forum, please I am in desperate need of your advice.

Early 2014 she lost her dad, 2016 she lost her only brother (my uncle) and then the worst happened in 2021,i lost my father which is her husband, and since then God has been faithful, I graduated same year, my elder sister got a good job same year, we got our first family house same with other benefits.

But the problem has been my mum, she's always depressed and always thinking, thinking of my late dad, we have tried our best as the children to make her happy, especially me the first son. Please i need advice on what to do, I really don't want my mother to die of depression 😞.

we understand
But the fact there nothing much you can do nor can you bring back her love ones back to life. But continue to make her happy always, try always spend time and keep her company when ever you have opportunity to do that, take her out to new places, take her to parks, cenemas. I believe with time she will get healed
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Blackazuma99(m): 4:50pm On Jun 09, 2023
occfx:

Na wao, e be like your dad Sabi love/fuxkk well well. Women no dey joke with the love of there life. You guys need to kick off some serious activities that will engage her mental health like marriage, new baby, omugwo etc. If you never marry, go start the process

I need to be financially stable before thinking of that now
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 4:53pm On Jun 09, 2023
Let her stay with you, and she can marry someone of her age or older to keep her company.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Ibechris2: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
MRDEE01:
It is grand children that can only make them happy at this stage.

If you or any of your siblings are married and have kids,kindly bring her over so the children can put smiles on her face.

Abeg I dey find car to drive on bolt/uber platform abuja.
I deliver without stories.
N.B- I am experienced

Bad guy,u know the real secret honestly.

She would be sooooooooooo happy and come back to live if only they can make this a reality.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by WantsandMore: 4:55pm On Jun 09, 2023
Encourage her to see a therapist or atleast have a relationship outside the family cycle.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by nnamdiosu(m): 4:58pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:
Good day to everyone in this forum, please I am in desperate need of your advice.

Early 2014 she lost her dad, 2016 she lost her only brother (my uncle) and then the worst happened in 2021,i lost my father which is her husband, and since then God has been faithful, I graduated same year, my elder sister got a good job same year, we got our first family house same with other benefits.

But the problem has been my mum, she's always depressed and always thinking, thinking of my late dad, we have tried our best as the children to make her happy, especially me the first son. Please i need advice on what to do, I really don't want my mother to die of depression 😞.

What she needs is a vacation. Somewhere shhe hasn't gone to.

She needs you guys to also take leave and be with her on that vacation.

Then lastly, she needs a cause, or service or purpose. She can join a group in church, go for outreach. Something to take away her mind from herself..

Service is one of the best cures to depression. She needs an activity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by joyfullyjoyous(f): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
Let her children call her regularly
Buy her gifts
Take her out atimes
Make her learn something new
Download comedy movies n let her watch
Get her on tiktok if possible
If u can't change her apartment,change the furniture if possible
If she's a Christian,let her do something for God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by SoftP(m): 5:03pm On Jun 09, 2023
onadana:

Wrong.If she changes house can she change her heart from the husband.That is surely a wrong approach.It's a mental health issue.She needs to see the experts.Take her medications,she will be fine.
She doesn’t need medication; it’s a psychological defect built from emotions, medication cannot correct emotions!
changing environment has been a very good approach to managing stress from loss of dear ones’
pls do some research;
it has helped lots of persons; though she won’t forget completely, but will detach her from shadow presence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

If she is not too much old, get her a young man or other man that she will call "my love" that's the only thing to help out from depression and all the time thinking. You can't be around her every minutes of the day. She need someone to be there for her.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by duro4chang(m): 5:07pm On Jun 09, 2023
babaireti:
Then get her another husband, this time with a big gbolah, she would move on
I wanted to say the same thing but we don't know her age. My uncle is available anyway

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by holicalpha(m): 5:09pm On Jun 09, 2023
MRDEE01:
It is grand children that can only make them happy at this stage.

If you or any of your siblings are married and have kids,kindly bring her over so the children can put smiles on her face.

Abeg I dey find car to drive on bolt/uber platform abuja.
I deliver without stories.
N.B- I am experienced

Contact me
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by MysticM2022: 5:13pm On Jun 09, 2023
Let her take drugs for depression
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by MRDEE01: 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
holicalpha:

Contact me
just did
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by MRDEE01: 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
holicalpha:

Contact me
just did
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Thegoodone13(m): 5:16pm On Jun 09, 2023
Relocate her and keep away anything that has to do with her husband like picture, clothe. How old now? If she still below 60 years, you may let her get a man that can be keeping her company. Don't leave her alone always make sure people are with her.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Segzy19: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2023
One of you should start producing grandchildren for her. If that one no work, then get her an elderly man in the same situation with her...
Your mum may need companion
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Akerewe(m): 5:18pm On Jun 09, 2023
babaireti:
Then get her another husband, this time with a big gbolah, she would move on

Best solution so far! If u don't want to loose her, allow her to mingle with her friends, by this way they would sort out her problem. Do this nd thank me later. She would never open up to u guys because she might see it as a betrayal to ur late dad. But let her mingle with her worldly friends, all will be settled within their gang once and for all.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Psiyohos: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
1.Traveling

2. Take her to the IDP camps so that she has an appreciation of life.

3. Swimming

4. Organise a widow's group chat with the church she attends.

5 . A cat, better stil two cats their drama will keep her Company.

6. DOWNLOAD funny movies in her phone or a tablet and give her to watch when she's bored

7. Call and visit every weekend.

Sorry for your loss
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by meritadavize1(m): 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2023
U guys should go on family vacation
Blackazuma99:

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Socratiz: 5:24pm On Jun 09, 2023
Your mum needs therapy. A professional therapist or Counsellor had the requisite knowledge and skill to handle a case like this.

It's not just a matter of providing things for her, she's dealing with the loss of a significant person in her life.

The experience has created a vacuum in her soul that there's nothing you provide that can fill. She is also dealing with existential trauma. It seems to me that these emotions are being internalised. She needs to resolve the emptiness in her soul and ventilate the repressed emotions.

She does not need to see a pastor unless the pastor is a trained and certified counsellor.

If you need further guidance, you can contact me
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by occfx: 5:26pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

I need to be financially stable before thinking of that now

Something natural needs to happen before she can come out of it. Tell your sister to marry if someone is by the side. Money alone cannot solve that problem, she may have had fun in the past with your dad... So all those money things no go move her.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by gaddafe(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

Quickly take her to the general Hospital or a Psychiatrist or neurologist. Whichever you have access to will advice you on what to do. I had a neighbour who suffered serious depression with the cause of depression similar to what you wrote here. It started gradually until it resulted in serious mental disorder where the woman will just be talking while moving along the road. Later it degenerated to her urinating on herself while walking along the road. I really felt pity on her before she finally died. Please help your mum now that you can. If it is depression, it can be cured. There is a medicine for depression because I myself have suffered from it and I took drugs that could lift my spirit. The drug is yellowish and small but I don't know the name because there was no name on it. Those type given by the pharmacist in the hospital. Before then I didn't know there was any medicine that was capable of lifting one's mind from a depressed state to normal state.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by olaodun: 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2023
You people have not filled the gap of all the people she lost
Solution 1 dont let her be alone
2 Get her a small business and be busy
3 Let her be active in the church
4 Get her good video and CD on preachings on comforter , Holy spirit etc
5 When you people are available be always doing spiritual exercise like praise and worship and prayers
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by thesmallgod(m): 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2023
SoftP:
If she lived with your Father in that same house which she still presently occupies; it might always refresh her memories;
If you are buoyant enough, kindly relocate her from there try keep her busy with the things she likes!

Best of luck
The op said they got a new house, so I do not think they are still living in their previous apartment
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Blackazuma99(m): 5:41pm On Jun 09, 2023
gaddafe:

Quickly take her to the general Hospital or a Psychiatrist or neurologist. Whichever you have access to will advice you on what to do. I had a neighbour who suffered serious depression with the cause of depression similar to what you wrote here. It started gradually until it resulted in serious mental disorder where the woman will just be talking while moving along the road. Later it degenerated to her urinating on herself while walking along the road. I really felt pity on her before she finally died. Please help your mum now that you can. If it is depression, it can be cured. There is a medicine for depression because I myself have suffered from it and I took drugs that could lift my spirit. The drug is yellowish and small but I don't know the name because there was no name on it. Those type given by the pharmacist in the hospital. Before then I didn't know there was any medicine that was capable of lifting one's mind from a depressed state to normal state.

Much appreciated, thank you

1 Like

Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by Exceed15: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2023
2021 is still fresh, the year she lost her best friend and husband. Just make sure everybody is not busy and left her alone. She'll be fine.
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by beejaay: 5:44pm On Jun 09, 2023
Blackazuma99:

Get her remarried.. Get her a date.. Let her go out and mingle with old men like her.. What she need is companionship which u can't give.. I mean companionship not sex really
Re: Urgent Advice Needed To Protect My Mum From Depression. by seunpas: 5:46pm On Jun 09, 2023
Please marry quick let her see her grand children.
It makes them happy and busy doing omo
Blackazuma99:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wife Dies After Family Refused Blood Transfusion / Rebuilding A Relationship After An Affair / Words From A Father To His Son About Women And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.