Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,403 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:40 AM

I Want To Run Away From Home - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Run Away From Home (19809 Views)

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by oxiide22(m): 9:42am On Jun 11, 2023
dawnomike:
Don't feel bad about all these... This stage of your life, it will seem as though if you don't pass jamb n gain admission life is over! I understand that.

If you reside in lagos, let me know... let's start by sorting d issue of job now, then school by preparing for another jamb, then get you to be working while schooling to support yourself...
hmm

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by oxiide22(m): 9:45am On Jun 11, 2023
Ibrahim3307:

Are you planning to write another jamb or want to proceed to write your post ume?
sorry

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Gloriagee(f): 10:37am On Jun 11, 2023
Why does anyone need honey for deliverance?

Mantul:
a lot of jobs in Edo state, some with accommodation, those without you can rent a room
Are you not too young and leave home? Consider praying intensely, get a job even if its fast food, teaching or boutique or even catering for kids
If you want to visit a church consider one at pole street opposite ogbomo street Sunday is their family deliverance service, come with honey and oil

For jamb, a lot of people have passed through jamb depression, so many threads on nairaland. Consider what you want to do on life if it really requires a formal education

For money matters I'll drop a link for you to pick one or two from
Meanwhile reach out to Stargirl/stargael and cryptobaddie1 on twitter they may help

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by fimzzy1991: 12:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
Please be careful of predators here. Don't go see anyone. If you must, take at least 2 people and inform your family members first. The world is very tricky nowadays

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Afodot0022(m): 12:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
Wanna ask you girlee... Are you a twin?
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Mantul: 5:25pm On Jun 11, 2023
Gloriagee:
Why does anyone need honey for deliverance?

not for deliverance ooo just a prophetic instruction
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by stainbaba(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2023
Girlee:

😩 I reside in Edo state, Benin city

If you know Firm Foundation Ministry, they can help u reposition your life. It's a life development Church...08114372981...Chat me if you can. I pray the Holy Spirit direct and comfort you in Jesus name..Amen

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
fimzzy1991:
Please be careful of predators here. Don't go see anyone. If you must, take at least 2 people and inform your family members first. The world is very tricky nowadays

Exactly! I won't take such risky moves.
Thanks for letting me know.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 10:38pm On Jun 11, 2023
Afodot0022:
Wanna ask you girlee... Are you a twin?

Yeah, I have a twin sister.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Angelicjacy(f): 7:16am On Jun 12, 2023
@evolutionlove
You must be a very vain,empty brain,low life man, whose life ambition is to taunt people in their lowest.
If you do not have good advice for the young lady kindly keep ur cheap data for something else. Ozuo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Kfed4ril(m): 8:42am On Jun 12, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just not in the mood so I won't be telling much stories...

Last year, depression almost killed me if not for the saving grace of God.
I wrote jamb, scored 225. Took delta state university's post utme form and scored 68. I wasn't admitted.
As I so much didn't want to stay at home for another year, I called my dad and asked him to send me money for a change of institute, he declined.
He was like "abeg! Wait for another year, I nor get shi shi". Yeah, I know he's not a literate but I expected that he knew the value of education but he doesn't.

I cried my eyes out for months and had to take up a job as a waitress so i could afford this year's jamb reg fee.
I took jamb again and scored 212. All glory to God because I never prepared. I worked from 8am till 10pm and sometimes till 11pm. My boss then even turned me to a dish washer.
Salary was 20k. 20k that my dad can pay me monthly but he was okay with that.

Okay...
I'm broke and jobless now because I want to prepare well for my upcoming Uniben's post utme.
I asked him for just 2,500 to buy past question but this was his reply:
"2,500 for wetin? I nor get oo. E be like you go relax and try again next year or just wait make you mature then you marry".

I shouted at him until I lost my voice, I cried and I'm like God why??

Wait o, you said your father can comfortably pay you the 20k monthly and has refused you 2500 for pume?
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 12, 2023
Angelicjacy:
@evolutionlove
You must be a very vain,empty brain,low life man, whose life ambition is to taunt people in their lowest.
If you do not have good advice for the young lady kindly keep ur cheap data for something else. Ozuo.

Funke.

Why are you Afraid to Quote me with your Real Monickergrin
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by pansophist(m): 10:47am On Jun 12, 2023
Nwaotu10:

Guyman grin grin

grin grin
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Angela62: 10:51am On Jun 12, 2023
Girlee, all will be fine. Take it easy. We all pass through difficult times.

If your waec is good, and you passed maths and English, pm me. I will see if I can help you get a scholarship.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by sageb: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2023
Girlee:

Course: Nursing
University: Uniben
State of origin: Edo state

Yeah! Thanks a lot.
You're one of many reasons I won't give up.
Have it in mind that you've contributed to my greatness and I appreciate

If you are interested in studying Nursing and the Uniben admission didn't work out, you should try School of Nursing.
School of Nursing programme is for 3 years.
Try School of Nursing, Agbor or any one closer to your place of residence.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2023
Kfed4ril:

Wait o, you said your father can comfortably pay you the 20k monthly and has refused you 2500 for pume?

That's the bitter truth
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by yaseer111: 7:38pm On Jun 12, 2023
Angela62:
Girlee, all will be fine. Take it easy. We all pass through difficult times.

If your waec is good, and you passed maths and English, pm me. I will see if I can help you get a scholarship.
help me too
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Pelumitimi: 8:09pm On Jun 12, 2023
Some people ehnnn
If u don't have any words of advice y not read and pass Instead of making unpleasant comments

People are going tru shifts...tru hard times...its only when you're in that shoes you'll get to understand better...
Before this young lady could finally think of bringing this to the public do u want to tell me that she has not thought of som many options .....pls is u cam help her do it...and if u can't abeg read and pass

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by iskalamong(m): 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just not in the mood so I won't be telling much stories...

Last year, depression almost killed me if not for the saving grace of God.
I wrote jamb, scored 225. Took delta state university's post utme form and scored 68. I wasn't admitted.
As I so much didn't want to stay at home for another year, I called my dad and asked him to send me money for a change of institute, he declined.
He was like "abeg! Wait for another year, I nor get shi shi". Yeah, I know he's not a literate but I expected that he knew the value of education but he doesn't.

I cried my eyes out for months and had to take up a job as a waitress so i could afford this year's jamb reg fee.
I took jamb again and scored 212. All glory to God because I never prepared. I worked from 8am till 10pm and sometimes till 11pm. My boss then even turned me to a dish washer.
Salary was 20k. 20k that my dad can pay me monthly but he was okay with that.

Okay...
I'm broke and jobless now because I want to prepare well for my upcoming Uniben's post utme.
I asked him for just 2,500 to buy past question but this was his reply:
"2,500 for wetin? I nor get oo. E be like you go relax and try again next year or just wait make you mature then you marry".

I shouted at him until I lost my voice, I cried and I'm like God why??

So sorry for what you're going through.

This may not be of much help but kindly note that everyone living with their parents especially those of your age bracket have similar experiences.

Please endure, do not consider running from home. That would be a reckless decision.

With regards to your admission, many schools are not transparent with their admission requirements (and cut-off marks). But for a competitive course like yours, (nursing) and in a top tier Nigerian school (UNIBEN), the least you should aim for is 70% (a rough estimate) both in Jamb and Post Jamb (dont know if its still called this).

That translates into a Jamb score of 280/400 (70%) or higher. This likely explains the reason you're not gaining admission as you have scored less than this in your previous attempt(s). (If you need more clarity on this, please ask, I'll gladly explain).

Going by this, it may be necessary to change your course to one that would be easier for admission purpose or work extremely hard to attain those high scores in subsequent exams. Another alternative is to try and change your course if you fail to secure admission. To do this successfully, you have to do your best to be informed about all of the admission processes so that important information do not pass you by.

With this, I guess I have elucidated on the likely reason youre not gaining admission.

If you have more questions, please quote this response or mention me. I'll be glad to help.

Take good care of yourself.

God loves you! Your dad loves you as well.

Best regards,

Iskalamong!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by TheSourcerer: 11:42am On Jun 17, 2023
Anny69:
Hmmm?
hi would you ming messaging me on email ?
Darnleypedro22@gmail.com
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Anny69: 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2023
TheSourcerer:
hi would you ming messaging me on email ?
Darnleypedro22@gmail.com
Okay.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Royal Baby Watch: Kate Middleton In Labour / Things A Mom Should Tell Her Son / Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.