Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

I Want To Run Away From Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Run Away From Home (19797 Views)

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 10:18am On Jun 10, 2023
Stevenbright:

There is an aspect I want you to look into that might hold the answer to your quest!

How resourceful are you at home (to your dad)? By this I mean if he is the type that run his business, find a way to be of help to him in the day to day running of the business.

But if he is a salary earner, you need to find a way to be very resourceful in the home keeping aspects: younger kids academic coaching, school home work assistant to them, cooking, washing of his clothes etc.

This can motivate him to be of more help to you in your academic pursuit. I am saying this because of his assertion that shows he is in a hurry for you to get married which implied that he sees you as a burden!

He's a salary earner (a mobile police officer), he doesn't live with us and comes only to visit. Usually,when he comes, he brings already washed clothes he'd wear for the 3-4 days he will be staying.
I've taught in schools, worked as a home lesson teacher, and worked as a waitress just so I can support him. I've been doing these things since I was 16. He never appreciates. Most of these jobs I had to quit because he felt I was earning millions and stop taking responsibility in the house. It got to the point where my mum would ask for feeding money and he'd tell her to ask me for my salary. Salary of how much?
My first teaching salary was 10k, the second, I taught 4 subjects and was paid 12k, as an home lesson teacher, I taught 4 students in my house and was getting 1k every two weeks from each of them. My mum stopped me from being their teacher. She said the children made too much noise and crowded the house; and lastly, when i worked as a waitress, I was paid 20k.
I worked just so I could buy myself sanitries, pay church levy, recharge my phone and buy new clothes.
No one does these things for me.
I got the beating of my life last year. What was my crime? I asked daddy to give my five hundred naira for sanitary pad and what I got was "abeg! I nor get! Ask your mama". I got angry because I was on my period and secondly because he was spending so much money in fencing the house and I only asked for five hundred naira. My mum would give if she has and I know that. She spoils us even if it's just 2k she has. I wish God had blessed her Instead.

He's hard to please.
One day, my mum served him food with one piece of meat, he called it "prisoners food". The next day, she served him with two and his remark was: "Na so una dey waste food for the house". My mum attempted to remove one since he complained but he didn't allow her.

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by spencekat(m): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2023
Hold on and hold out!
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Scamperlee(m): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2023
Run to me, i will treat you well smiley
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by doming0: 10:22am On Jun 10, 2023
Dollar crashes to 600 naira in black market after Tinubu removed Emefiele

7 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by LagosFirstSon: 10:24am On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just an eighteen years old female child who would be turning nineteen in Five months time.
I'm a little girl with the brains of a wise old man.
I'm a counselor, motivational speaker, inspirational writer and an upcoming writer.
Nobody knows me as "Girlee"; not even me. I know that's stupid. I just had to come up with this "Girlee" I really don't fancy.
For some reasons I still can't decipher, I couldn't create an account here with my actual "social media" name (still my real name though).
I've counselled the married, singles and those in courtship. I've motivated so many and inspired a whole lot on the planet and things turned out great for them. But the thing is: who will and can counsel the counselor?

Tonight, I'm broken as I've never been before.
I've sat for jamb thrice now and in all, I scored above 200.
Why didn't I gain admission?

Continuation...
You need a boy friend
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by spencekat(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2023
Hamachi:
HmmmmmmSad truth😥😥😥😥😥 This real-life story of Uncle Owusu, after living in the UK for 38 years and at the age of 71, Uncle Owusu finally relocated to Ghana this year—to live in his 6-bedroom mansion which took him 9 years to complete.

Apparently, now in Ghana and in his mansion, Uncle Owusu lives in the living room of the house while his caretaker lives upstairs in his huge master bedroom. This is because Uncle Owusu cannot climb the stairs without the help of another person. Even with help, it will take him 15 minutes to make the climb.

As such, Uncle Owusu has decided to stay downstairs of his mansion (in the living room) as all 6 bedrooms are upstairs. The house has a living room, toilet, and kitchen downstairs and 3 rooms on the first floor, and another 3 (including the master bedroom) on the second/last floor.

This is surely not how Uncle Owusu anticipated his retirement. But that is the reality of his journey. This will be the life of many other Africans living abroad—building mansions back home without caring about their old age.

In fact, if you are building a dream house for yourself to live in and by 50 years that house is not done, forget it.

Uncle Owusu almost wasted 38 years of his life doing menial jobs abroad hoping to go and retire back home in his mansion and enjoy life. Now, he has no life to enjoy and someone is really enjoying the mansion.

Like most aged persons, Uncle Owusu is not even able to enjoy a bottle of malt at his age—because that will shoot up his sugar level. Yet, he said he was working hard all his life to enjoy his best life which included eating and drinking the finest when he retires.

Now, he is only able to eat salads—and even that, without dressing. He cannot even chew any of the fine meat out there without his cholesterol sending warning signs.

How is this life and the great retirement? Yet, this will be the life of more than half of us.

The solution is to take mini-retirements now and enjoy your life and luxury now.

[/b]Life starts when you start[b].
Chai

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by IgbosNIGHTMARE: 10:24am On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just an eighteen years old female child who would be turning nineteen in Five months time.
I'm a counselor, motivational speaker, inspirational writer and an upcoming writer.
Nobody knows me as "Girlee"; not even me. I know that's stupid. I just had to come up with this "Girlee" I really don't fancy.
For some reasons I still can't decipher, I couldn't create an account here with my actual "social media" name (still my real name though).
I've counselled the married, singles and those in courtship. I've motivated so many and inspired a whole lot on the planet and things turned out great for them. But the thing is: who will and can counsel the counselor?

Continuation...
This is very common situation and the major cause is being:
STUBBORN
NOT COOPERATIVE
DISRESPECTIVE
AND WHEN A GIRL HAS BECOME SEXUALLY ACTIVE.

THE MORE A GIRL BECOMES A SLǓT OR WHÓRE, THE MORE STUPID SHE IS.

ANY GIRL WITH MORE THAN 2 BODYCOUNT IS A WHÓRË.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by CaptMarvel(m): 10:24am On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Marvelous words...
Sure thing! I won't run unless my life is in great danger. That's great!!
Thanks a lot. You're a blessing to my generation.
I won't run
don't run. Learn some online business, I see you are smart, you will make a lot of money.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by pman06(m): 10:25am On Jun 10, 2023
dawnomike:
Don't feel bad about all these... This stage of your life, it will seem as though if you don't pass jamb n gain admission life is over! I understand that.

If you reside in lagos, let me know... let's start by sorting d issue of job now, then school by preparing for another jamb, then get you to be working while schooling to support yourself...

Na the Let's start catch my eyes cheesy
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by omooba969(m): 10:27am On Jun 10, 2023
Please run away!
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Olumaeme: 10:31am On Jun 10, 2023
You said you are a counselor, so I honestly don't expect what you are saying. Well, this confirms that you are a quack, if not you'll know that there are different phases of life and getting successful is one of the most difficult things on earth, that's why only few attain success.

You also claim you are a motivational speaker, with the wisdom of an old man, come on stop deceiving yourself, but I'll help you.

You have to sit an analyze your problems, hope and aspirations.

Also look at your present situation and write down what you need to get to your desired place in the future and highlight the resources you need like money, shelter, clothing, education etc.

After that, look at yourself, your strengths, your weaknesses plus your environment and see how you can use your strength to realistically defeat over your weaknesses.

You are a woman, what can you do to fetch you money, what are the risks? What are the upsides? Hawking? Buying and selling? Stealing? Olosho? See I mentioned this things because they are options you can decide to take and can still be successful even if you take the worst option.

From there you can start building and working towards your goal, whatever you decide to do, always remember that there are downside, and also there are no guarantees. The business some people did and died, some did it and made money and become successful.

Life is a risk, you can decide to do what you want to do or sit and do nothing. Sitting and doing nothing itself is also a decision which it's own consequences.

Shallom!

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Anny69: 10:31am On Jun 10, 2023
Ishilove:

He is giving perv vibes.

I wonder how she didn't realize that.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Nobody: 10:32am On Jun 10, 2023
Evolutionlove:
Okay.

Start Olosho Work like all your Mates are currently doing and stop posting stvpid sob stories on here. Nonsense.

Give your sisters and your daughters these kind of useless advice and response for their betterment.. You are not a good person.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by ravensckar(m): 10:34am On Jun 10, 2023
Stevenbright:

There is an aspect I want you to look into that might hold the answer to your quest!

How resourceful are you at home (to your dad)? By this I mean if he is the type that run his business, find a way to be of help to him in the day to day running of the business.

But if he is a salary earner, you need to find a way to be very resourceful in the home keeping aspects: younger kids academic coaching, school home work assistant to them, cooking, washing of his clothes etc.

This can motivate him to be of more help to you in your academic pursuit. I am saying this because of his assertion that shows he is in a hurry for you to get married which implied that he sees you as a burden!
Better sense dey your head!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Anny69: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2023
Failure2019:
Look for a guy that'll sponsor you in uni

There are tons of guys that'll sponsor a girl in uni especially if she's doing nursing

Or start doing dropshipping or affiliate marketing
Sponsor her. You have a thing for girls offering that course.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Yukov(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just not in the mood so I won't be telling much stories...

Last year, depression almost killed me if not for the saving grace of God.
I wrote jamb, scored 225. Took delta state university's post utme form and scored 68. I wasn't admitted.
As I so much didn't want to stay at home for another year, I called my dad and asked him to send me money for a change of institute, he declined.
He was like "abeg! Wait for another year, I nor get shi shi". Yeah, I know he's not a literate but I expected that he knew the value of education but he doesn't.

I cried my eyes out for months and had to take up a job as a waitress so i could afford this year's jamb reg fee.
I took jamb again and scored 212. All glory to God because I never prepared. I worked from 8am till 10pm and sometimes till 11pm. My boss then even turned me to a dish washer.
Salary was 20k. 20k that my dad can pay me monthly but he was okay with that.

Okay...
I'm broke and jobless now because I want to prepare well for my upcoming Uniben's post utme.
I asked him for just 2,500 to buy past question but this was his reply:
"2,500 for wetin? I nor get oo. E be like you go relax and try again next year or just wait make you mature then you marry".

I shouted at him until I lost my voice, I cried and I'm like God why??

All will be well girlee.
DM me through the mail on my profile
Let me know the school you choose and when it's there time for post utme, I will help with the registration and post utme fee.
That's the little I can do for you for now.

Don't be sad, more are in more precarious situation than yours and are still having hope in the mercy of their lord.

6 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by dawnomike(m): 10:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Op one Customer don show.

More to Come. Them don hear 18 Years Old. Their Mustache don Standgrin

Go check your DM. Some of them will be shy to reach out to you on here.
Smile... You need help!

When you feel and think everyone online has a perverted mind, that in itself is a big problem brother

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Anny69: 10:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Scamperlee:
Run to me, i will treat you well smiley
El pervo. undecided

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by isycollins(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2023
Don't give up, God will surely provide for you I know of that
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Scamperlee(m): 10:37am On Jun 10, 2023
Anny69:
El pervo. undecided
Pissed off! Attention seeker
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 10:40am On Jun 10, 2023
Escapist:

What about about your mum?

She doesn't work.
That woman has tried so many businesses but all has failed. This woman even hawked rice but still, the business collapsed.
I wish I was rich, I would make sure she doesn't do anything stressful for the rest of her life.

Somehow, I beginning to think my dad is responsible for everything because there's no time he comes around that he doesn't mock her with her failed businesses. She would cry, her BP would rise coz she would start thinking of what to do with her life.
Now my dad, is advising her to start selling nylon. The wife of an ASP. This man can start up a good business for her but won't.
She's frustrated too.
Sometimes I blame her for getting married to him. She's all regretful now because her daily confession is that "I thought he would change after we start having children but he didn't. Even when we were dating, he doesn't give me money". And I'm like, what kind of love did you feel for him?
The man hates his wife so much! Abeg! It's a very long story.
My mum is just there, still thinking of what business to start.

Her last business made her take several loans. She took those loans to please my dad. You know why? He would come home, scan her store and say "eee! Na like this your store scanty? You nor even sabi business". We were tormented by those he owed and even hunger almost killed us. Her debt ran into millions. Did my dad help? Never! Not even one time did he try paying.
My twin and I were forced to work and our salaries, we used in paying the loans. Until las las, my mum's twin sister came to her aid and paid the rest.
My dad is selfish and cares about nobody but himself. I feel the little he even does is just so the society won't see him as a bad person.
Everytime anyone visits or sees us, they're always like "omo! Police children, una papa dey try oh! See as una dey shine". If only they knew... If only they knew that some days when they said those words, we were super hungry, broke and weak.
Thank God for everything!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by fraymite: 10:40am On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Course: Nursing
University: Uniben
State of origin: Edo state

Yeah! Thanks a lot.
You're one of many reasons I won't give up.
Have it in mind that you've contributed to my greatness and I appreciate

Admission for Nursing is highly competitive because many kids want that. They chose average of 70 to 100 student and they will still weed students when going to 200L. First confirm if 212 meet cut off mark of Nursing at Uniben, because most federal Universities uses average of 230 for nursing. If you meet the cut off mark, then work hard on putme, hopefully you would be admitted. You can also consider other courses that were less admission competitive like Statistics, Biochemistry, Food Science, Agricultural Science.
May Allah help you and guide you aright. Don't run from home, street is harsh oo. Achieve your success at home. When you are stronger, then you can leave to anywhere.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by dawnomike(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2023
Escapist:

Why prepare for another jamb when she only needs to write a post UME at the moment?
Cos I can't help her with securing admission this year any longer as I do not have influence in the school she chose.

If she would be willing to be patient and write another jamb, we will have the option to choose from d few schools where I can throw my weights in for her for either school of nursing or a university where I know people.

Secondly, she needs to get a job so as to be able to take care of hereself in school as she will need to support herself financially.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by sangresan(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2023
Don't run away ooo. Hold on to your dream.

I don't know if your story is genuine or fake because we have a lot of dramas on social media these days.

I know it's sometimes difficult for someone to reason well if the person is facing some challenges. However, you should know that tough times never last.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Harrynight(m): 10:41am On Jun 10, 2023
So long as you are running away from Nigeria
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Lexzeey: 10:41am On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just not in the mood so I won't be telling much stories...

Last year, depression almost killed me if not for the saving grace of God.
I wrote jamb, scored 225. Took delta state university's post utme form and scored 68. I wasn't admitted.
As I so much didn't want to stay at home for another year, I called my dad and asked him to send me money for a change of institute, he declined.
He was like "abeg! Wait for another year, I nor get shi shi". Yeah, I know he's not a literate but I expected that he knew the value of education but he doesn't.

I cried my eyes out for months and had to take up a job as a waitress so i could afford this year's jamb reg fee.
I took jamb again and scored 212. All glory to God because I never prepared. I worked from 8am till 10pm and sometimes till 11pm. My boss then even turned me to a dish washer.
Salary was 20k. 20k that my dad can pay me monthly but he was okay with that.

Okay...
I'm broke and jobless now because I want to prepare well for my upcoming Uniben's post utme.
I asked him for just 2,500 to buy past question but this was his reply:
"2,500 for wetin? I nor get oo. E be like you go relax and try again next year or just wait make you mature then you marry".

I shouted at him until I lost my voice, I cried and I'm like God why??
Hey, I pm you pls reply.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by adspelite(m): 10:42am On Jun 10, 2023
What course do you want to study?
Can you school outside Edo state?
Do you have any skills to support yourself on campus?

I think your dad had resolved not to train you for obvious reasons.

Cheer up!
You may email me for more advice. Check my bio
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Anny69: 10:42am On Jun 10, 2023
Scamperlee:

Pissed off! Attention seeker
undecided Truth hurts.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Nobody: 10:43am On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Continuation...

You are 19 you still have a lot of age ahead of you. If you can switch into something like tech industry. It will really favour you. You can be a data analyst or a programmer. Pls don't give up🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏. I love you baby girl. I wish I can meet you physically to give you some hug to console you. Don't ever give up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Royal Baby Watch: Kate Middleton In Labour / She Slaps Me Anytime We Fight —husband Tells Judge / Things A Mom Should Tell Her Son

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.