Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,855 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

I Want To Run Away From Home - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Run Away From Home (19810 Views)

Living With My Aunt Who Is A Pastor's Wife Is Hell. Should I Run Away? / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / Parents, Don't Allow Your Kids To Run To Meet You When You Return Home. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 2:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
NewSoul:
I wish I was eighteen like you and had a father like yours. I would be happy and take advantage that no one wants to help but I was deceived. The people around me pretended that they will be of help but I was being played like pin pong lol. Now I will be 27 soon and in 100 level in that university you are aspiring for.

I know of a girl that is in 100 level nursing Uniben and she’s 26. Many are over 25 in 100 level and one beautiful thing about nursing or medicine and surgery. Is that there is no age discrimination.

Leave that family move to somewhere like Lagos. Go to the island you’ll see waiter jobs paying as high as 70k salary. You’ll be getting small tips that can make you not to touch your salary at all. If you save 40k for 4 years that’s like 2M. That should settle your tuition through school and feeding. If you enter 100 level at 24 and come out at 29. You can still serve at 30 and jet out of the country.

Stick to your morals don’t trade your body for money it never ends well

Thank you so much!
I appreciate your words...
I'm grateful
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 2:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
So sorry about what you are passing through.
All these things are just to make you strong and prepare you for a better tomorrow.
I know you have a better tomorrow so don't let the unpleasant relationship you have with your dad destroy that.
Running away is not the best solution but it will worsen the solution.
Mutually talk with your father.
Find out why she is treating you that way.
Maybe there is something you are doing that he dislikes.
No responsible Dad will allow his child to go through hardship or pain.
It is the dream of every parent to see their children happy and progress in life.
Don't be in a rush to enter school.
I will advise you to learn a skill like fashion, hair dressing, or any digital skill before you enter school so that you will use that skill to survive if the journey goes soar.
Where do you reside?
From your write it seems you reside in Delta State.

Thanks! I appreciate your wise words.
I'm grateful
I reside on Edo state.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Pelumitimi: 2:23pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just an eighteen years old female child who would be turning nineteen in Five months time.
I'm a little girl with the brains of a wise old man.
I'm a counselor, motivational speaker, inspirational writer and an upcoming writer.
Nobody knows me as "Girlee"; not even me. I know that's stupid. I just had to come up with this "Girlee" I really don't fancy.
For some reasons I still can't decipher, I couldn't create an account here with my actual "social media" name (still my real name though).
I've counselled the married, singles and those in courtship. I've motivated so many and inspired a whole lot on the planet and things turned out great for them. But the thing is: who will and can counsel the counselor?

Tonight, I'm broken as I've never been before.
I've sat for jamb thrice now and in all, I scored above 200.
Why didn't I gain admission?

Continuation...

Can u message me on whatsapp.
Maybe wen u hear my story u will be strong again.....
0708 4584 465

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by poweredcom(m): 2:24pm On Jun 10, 2023
@op na juvinile deliquent de worry you at 18 you are worried about university ...let me ask you what will university fo for you in present day nigeria

Go and learn work and go to university later

If you like jakpa comot for house ..u go hear word...u think the street is a good place ....until you stay away from home wit people na there you go know say your home better pass

Enter street na ....abi na where you mean be street , hotel abi wat .na so many gals take find themselvea for hotel today

Better STFU and focus on ur exams
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Girlee(f): 2:26pm On Jun 10, 2023
Ikpongiton:
Benin girl claiming virgin.i can only believe you,if you pass egg .wear angle chain and pierce your nose,and run to Italy.abi you de learn work

Benin girl?... That's not my ID

How about church girl?
Daughter of Zion?
Abba's Daughter?
Devout christian?

I did not quite understand the rest of the words you wrote.
Don't act like you know me because I'm not gonna allow anyone tell me who i really am.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by eroticecstasy: 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
[I'm pained!
I just want to know "how people run away from home".
I know I've got nowhere to go to and no one to run to but all I can think of right now is how I must leave this house, the negative vibes, the toxicity and hate.

My dad bought so many bags of cement, trips of sand to build his house. How much did I ask for?

I can't do what my mates are doing in the street because I just can't. If not, I just might have been one of those underaged prostitutes or thieves.
God has so much helped me because I've thought of so many crazy things to do but Christ in me won't allow it.

I want to be free abeg!
How do I run away from home?😩

Where's your Mom?
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by nizelgirl(f): 2:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
Op. Thanks for speaking up because some girls will rather contemplate suicide and carry out the act and blame the devil with a written note. From your write up, it seems your dad does not even have any interest of training you in school so even if you get admission he may not support you financially. My advice for you is to look for a skill to learn that will be supporting you financially when you get admission. I have a similar case with one of my computer trainees who recently got admission to Uniport and the father will give him 1k and expect him to manage for like a week. The young lad came to me few weeks ago for advice on any skill he can learn to support him while schooling because it's obvious the parent are not helping matter. So even if it requires you to change your school and course please do. Be strong and don't do something you will regret later in life because your trying to run away from home. God will make a way for you. Have a nice weekend.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Gabreil2121(f): 2:35pm On Jun 10, 2023
nairalee:
I don't know how genuine this post is cos nowadays many rubbish stories make front page just go gather traffic and comments for nairaland.com. However, if you're serious about running from home because of this, u better stop being serious.

If u really need 2,500 just speak up and you'll get it

Bro I need it please
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Anny69: 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Anny69: 2:40pm On Jun 10, 2023
Failure2019:

TF

Well-done stalker

Who's stalking you? Lol, why would I even stalk you?
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Ibrahim3307(m): 2:41pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Marvelous words...
Sure thing! I won't run unless my life is in great danger. That's great!!
Thanks a lot. You're a blessing to my generation.
I won't run
Are you planning to write another jamb or want to proceed to write your post ume?
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by fimzzy1991: 3:06pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hello dear young lady. I read your story and sensed some sincerity and desperacy.
Inasmuch as you feel you're the most unfortunate person on earth, girl, you still got it easy. You have no reason to run from home, you'll just be jumping from frying pan to fire.
You have a destiny and Satan wants to end it before it starts.

You have a problem, the way out is to look for solutions not more complications.

A little story about me, I was less than 7 when I lost my father, we couldn't feed properly life was hard, saw lots of obstacles along the way, but giving my life to Jesus at age 12 made all the difference. I stuck to Christ. It was rough but I made it. Today after almost 3 decades I have no regrets. I did jamb 3ce because I wanted Medicine but couldn't later on entered with the course I could get and later changed to medicine.

Don't make harsh decisions you will regret later in life, stay calm, restrategize. Learn how to negotiate with your parents, don't be an entitled daughter. Ask for things with humility from your Dad.
You can learn a hand craft, computer programming while waiting, instead of doing jobs that will take so much of your time you couldn't study.
Take a year off if necessary to gather yourself together. There is no rush. After graduation people still stay at home looking for job.

Everyone will have some delays getting to their goal at one time or the other, but the most important thing is not when you get to your goal, but that you got there despite every obstacle.

We're rooting for you, don't take shortcuts. You can get in touch with me, perhaps we can talk more. I am a mother of girls, sure I can talk to you more.
Love you

Girlee:
[I'm pained!
I know I've got nowhere to go to and no one to run to but all I can think of right now is how I must leave this house, the negative vibes, the toxicity and hate.

My dad bought so many bags of cement, trips of sand to build his house. How much did I ask for?

I can't do what my mates are doing in the street because I just can't. If not, I just might have been one of those underaged prostitutes or thieves.
God has so much helped me because I've thought of so many crazy things to do but Christ in me won't allow it.

I want to be free abeg!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by okerekingsley90: 3:15pm On Jun 10, 2023
papae1:

Hahahaha 18 years old and has written jamb 3 times hmmmm.....

Don't be a mumu it's possible
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by okerekingsley90: 3:18pm On Jun 10, 2023
BATified2023:
18 year old dey motivate n counsel

Wetin u don see wey u wan use d experience guide people?

grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Anny69: 3:20pm On Jun 10, 2023
Failure2019:

STFU c0cksucker cool

I won't reply you anymore on this forum.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Meteng: 3:21pm On Jun 10, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Guyman wey love them Young & Tightgrin
Young, but maybe not tight
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by okerekingsley90: 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Studying my Bible has taught me a lot.
My family has taught me a lot and I've also learnt a lot from them.
What I've seen? What have experienced? Age had nothing to do with them.
Thanks

You think the Bible ,family and your current experience is enough to navigate the challenges of life at 18 years? Young lady you haven't seen anything. I see some good advise here. Follow them. LIFE ISNT EASY. IF I TELL YOU WHAT I WENT THROUGH AT YOUR AGE EH. SO TAKE LIFE AS IT IS. IT WOULD GET BETTER.!!!!.

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Pacesetter2021: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just not in the mood so I won't be telling much stories...

Last year, depression almost killed me if not for the saving grace of God.
I wrote jamb, scored 225. Took delta state university's post utme form and scored 68. I wasn't admitted.
As I so much didn't want to stay at home for another year, I called my dad and asked him to send me money for a change of institute, he declined.
He was like "abeg! Wait for another year, I nor get shi shi". Yeah, I know he's not a literate but I expected that he knew the value of education but he doesn't.

I cried my eyes out for months and had to take up a job as a waitress so i could afford this year's jamb reg fee.
I took jamb again and scored 212. All glory to God because I never prepared. I worked from 8am till 10pm and sometimes till 11pm. My boss then even turned me to a dish washer.
Salary was 20k. 20k that my dad can pay me monthly but he was okay with that.

Okay...
I'm broke and jobless now because I want to prepare well for my upcoming Uniben's post utme.
I asked him for just 2,500 to buy past question but this was his reply:
"2,500 for wetin? I nor get oo. E be like you go relax and try again next year or just wait make you mature then you marry".

I shouted at him until I lost my voice, I cried and I'm like God why??
you shouted on your dad till you lost your voice. Clap for yourself.

Na war. No matter what, you shouldn't do that.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by MrSly(m): 3:31pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
I'm just an eighteen years old female child who would be turning nineteen in Five months time.
I'm a counselor, motivational speaker, inspirational writer and an upcoming writer.
Nobody knows me as "Girlee"; not even me. I know that's stupid. I just had to come up with this "Girlee" I really don't fancy.
For some reasons I still can't decipher, I couldn't create an account here with my actual "social media" name (still my real name though).
I've counselled the married, singles and those in courtship. I've motivated so many and inspired a whole lot on the planet and things turned out great for them. But the thing is: who will and can counsel the counselor?

Continuation...
Scoring 225 without admission. It high time you learnt to go for change of course before it gets late. 225 and you wan do nursing abi law. Iranu!!!
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by KingMarlhyk: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2023
I can understand that you're going through a high amount of emotional load and you can barely carry it.

First of all in the issue of school, since you have all the requirements to be admitted into the tertiary institution buh you were denied that opportunity for reasons that are unknown to you then you should try out a different institution buh if thats not possible or you still unable to gain admission then you might have to consider schooling for now not possible. Atleast be glad to you've finished SSCE

Lastly for the job, it mustn't have to be a 8.00am to 11.00pm style of job waiting for the month to end before you can receive salary. Try learning a skill that will pay you for life in other words FINANCIAL FREEDOM.

If you could gain an enjoying and profitable business I'm sure you'll be happy. I hope this message helps
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Postinor: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

I'm rethinking the definition of family. My teacher defined family to be a group of people related by blood but I'm seeing people encouraging me, calling to lift my spirit, helps from people I don't know, doing what my family rarely does.
I've even gotten a scholarship 😭🙏
Last night, I slept in my tears but today, I'm in tears and it's a different kind of tears 😭😭
God will bless you all for me...
Amin🙏
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Martinsmine(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Marvelous words... Sure thing! I won't run unless my life is in great danger. That's great!! Thanks a lot. You're a blessing to my generation. I won't run
tanks for understanding.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Nobody: 4:11pm On Jun 10, 2023
Anny69:
I won't reply you anymore on this forum.

Why??

Have you given your life to Christ??
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by macsika: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
[I'm pained!

I want to be free abeg!

What state do you live?
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Promise47(m): 4:32pm On Jun 10, 2023
Apart from school can you not do any other things like sports or anything that can generate money
Girlee:

Course: Nursing
University: Uniben
State of origin: Edo state

Yeah! Thanks a lot.
You're one of many reasons I won't give up.
Have it in mind that you've contributed to my greatness and I appreciate
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Mattswaggz: 4:59pm On Jun 10, 2023
I like your choice of course though because it will most likely guarantee you a Job........ but what you should be more bothered about isn't your father being reluctant to sponsor you to school but rather why you base a major aspect of your faith in school or should I say you idolize school a lot....... life is too complicated to be decided or predicted by we humans because we aren't the only force that determine major events in life,,, there are many contributing factors.

We've seen people whom their disappointment turned out to be a major blessing in disguise.... that's to show you that life is deeper than we humans think,,, so brace up and be strong and connect to God the more because schooling isn't the only path to success or to Destiny.

Ever wondered why many graduates are employed by non graduate? why most of the richest and famous people on earth didn't go through the system called school?

Find your gifts,,, open your mind to ideas,, find your talents and champion your destiny/future....... don't put too much hope on school and some certain certificate of a thing....... Just believe in God's plan for you and believe in yourself okay. GOOD LUCK THROUGH THE JOURNEY OF LIFE.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Tonytonex(m): 5:33pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Continuation...
asked those that have gotten admission, how they did it.

It's not just only about applying for admission, then relax.
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Princessdainty(m): 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:

Benin girl?... That's not my ID

How about church girl?
Daughter of Zion?
Abba's Daughter?
Devout christian?

I did not quite understand the rest of the words you wrote.
Don't act like you know me because I'm not gonna allow anyone tell me who i really am.
church girl wey wan run commot for house. What did the bible tell you about honouring your parent??
Counsellor wey no fit counsel herself... mtcheww!

Wrap the sh!t up girl! and your sit your ass under the roof and guidance of your parents. The street is calling your name and you want to answer.

Daughter of Zion, the street is military! and you're not special.
You're just 18,female with uterus!,..mmm

I'd urge you to Take it one step at a time.
Shalom!
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Kzeex(m): 6:25pm On Jun 10, 2023
Hey Bae in as much as i wanted to be mute on this..... I couldn’t turn a deaf ear, the truth is that love ain’t mandatory from even family, a friend could even be blooded than you ever think of a family, little advice: don’t run away, hang on a little while! Street is so cold, you ain’t used to it you might not survive it. For the few times you still see your dad alive value it coz you might get never to see him anymore! Focus on giving urself a life full of value and helping out to mum and your twinny, God no fit ever dissapoint if it’s genuine. Stay jiggy

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by Hdanny(m): 7:22pm On Jun 10, 2023
TheBTCinvestor:

Come to ph il give u free accommodation and get u a secretary or marketing job
Bro how far

Work deyyy?
Re: I Want To Run Away From Home by MisfitHPG: 7:47pm On Jun 10, 2023
Girlee:
[I'm pained!

I want to be free abeg!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Things A Mom Should Tell Her Son / Wedding In Absentia Using Pictures: Your Take / What Causes Tension Between Wives And Mother-in-laws?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.