Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,985 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Meditation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditation (7309 Views)

Insights Into My Meditation - Podcasts By Moyosore Ola-oludiya / Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Meditation on The Omnipresence Of The Christ Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:35am On Jun 10, 2023
The mind is like a computer.It runs programs.Most of the software has been poorly written.It is written in the language of fear.

1 Like

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:36am On Jun 10, 2023
You are not a body.You are not a mind.You are infinite light,infinite intelligence,the radiance of all beings,the dharmakaya-the endless light of creation.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:36am On Jun 10, 2023
Without humility you can't love.Love means looking beyond the self to the other
Re: Meditation by Templee333(m): 7:38am On Jun 10, 2023
Meditation01:
Those in whose hearts OM reverberates unceasingly are indeed blessed and deeply loved as one who is the Self.The all-knowing self was never born,nor will it die.Beyond cause and effect,this Self is eternal and immutable.When the body dies,the Self does not die- Katha Upanishad
please explain what you mean by OM.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:39am On Jun 10, 2023
You can talk to one person for five minutes and be sick afterwards.You can be totally physically drained because their aura is so low.You can talk to someone else for an hour and just feel fine.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:40am On Jun 10, 2023
Templee333:
please explain what you mean by OM.

OM is the most powerful mantra In the world
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:41am On Jun 10, 2023
When your mind is clear and your third eye is open,you can see and know things that are taking place thousand of miles away from you.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:41am On Jun 10, 2023
The power chakra is the navel center.The center of balance is the heart chakra;It's the center of our being.The third eye is the center of wisdom,the Agni chakra.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:42am On Jun 10, 2023
Chakras are mystical energy centers that exist within the human aura.Tremendous power resides in a person's chakras.Siddha masters draw upon that power during meditation,store it within themselves,and later use it to perform miracles.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:42am On Jun 10, 2023
Each of the chakras references different dimensional planes.It is a turnstile that leads us into different dimensions.As the kundalini rises,the knowledge and powers of those dimensions will begin to come to you
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:43am On Jun 10, 2023
Kundalini is seen as a serpent that can shoot up the shushumna,past the chakras,opening them all and bringing you into different states of awareness.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:44am On Jun 10, 2023
Sense -objects are superior to the sense organs.Mind is superior to the sense objects.Intellect is superior to the mind.Mahat is superior to intellect(1.3.10) -The Vedas
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:45am On Jun 10, 2023
Everything is a state of mind.Astral travel is the ability to wander through different states of mind and develop psychic perceptions.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:46am On Jun 10, 2023
You are your state of mind.Your state of mind creates your view,or your window,on life.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:47am On Jun 10, 2023
Oh Yama,all these ephemeral (things) weaken the power of the sense organs of the mortal(human being).Moreover,every form of life is short only.Let all your vehicles dance,and music be yours only (1.1.26)
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:47am On Jun 10, 2023
When someone compliments you,listen,but don't believe it.Praise or blame are immaterial.You know what you are.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:56am On Jun 10, 2023
Art is Heart.Heart is Art.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:57am On Jun 10, 2023
From a Buddhist point of view,having siddha powers and being a siddha master is indeed a great yogic accomplishment,but it is not the same as being enlightened.Many people commonly confuse siddha masters,who have the power to perform miracles through the activation of their chakras,with enlightened masters,who can enter into a deep meditative state of emptiness(samadhi).
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:57am On Jun 10, 2023
Perception is a wave.You change as your perception of something changes because you define yourself as a reflection of whatever you happen to perceive.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:58am On Jun 10, 2023
Being a Buddhist monk means never losing one's optimism inspite of all difficulties.It also means being harder on yourself than any of your teachers ever were
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:59am On Jun 10, 2023
"Buddha's name be praised"

1 Like

Re: Meditation by donttryme: 8:07am On Jun 10, 2023
Can you mentor me how to meditate?
Like a step by step guilde, i read and love to meditate but i don't know how to go about it
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:21am On Jun 10, 2023
donttryme:
Can you mentor me how to meditate?
Like a step by step guilde, i read and love to meditate but i don't know how to go about it

Meditation is the freeing of ourselves from all mental states and concepts of self.But it really begins with a focus,with a restraining of the life force or the life energy.So you look at your object of concentration for,say,45 minutes.Put a watch there,take out a clock,time yourself.Then,after you have done it for,let's say,45 minutes,if your time period is half an hour,and you've really tried just to see that one thing,to look at it-you can blink,you can shift your position a little bit if you need to-but then after you've done it for half your meditation,close your eyes and now do the same thing focusing on one of the three chakras,either the navel center,around the navel;the median center,which is in the center of the chest around the heart,or the third eye,which is between the eyebrows and a little bit above.
I recommend that you focus on these three centers in rotation.So Monday morning,do your navel center;Tuesday,the center of the chest;Wednesday,the third eye,which is between the eyebrows and a little bit above.
Re: Meditation by Templee333(m): 8:29am On Jun 10, 2023
Have you yourself experience this oneness with the universe and the state of infinite bliss? I hope you are not just copying what you see in a book.

1 Like

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2023
All of life is holy.There is no such thing as sin.There's only ignorance,and that can easily be cured with inner knowledge.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:04am On Jun 10, 2023
Fast and meditate.🌞
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:06am On Jun 10, 2023
Your life can be horrible or it can be incredibly beautiful.It can be boring or exciting.It's seldom in between.Your use of will determines what will happen to you in this and other lives.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:07am On Jun 10, 2023
Don't accept everything
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:20am On Jun 10, 2023
I like to place myself in the right places.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:24am On Jun 10, 2023
No techniques are needed,no formula to generate the presence of OM.Infact,OM is the home.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:45am On Jun 10, 2023
Read 600 pages per day
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 10:46am On Jun 10, 2023
The ectasy and completion of absorption in God is so fantastic that you can't possibly have lost anything because all the things you've always loved and always experienced came forth from there and exist there and are always there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Do You Still Attend House Fellowship? / I Am Not A Terrorist! / What If You Found Out That Fasting Has Nothing To Do With Food ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.