Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,518 members, 7,847,133 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 11:40 AM

Meditation - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Meditation (8395 Views)

Insights Into My Meditation - Podcasts By Moyosore Ola-oludiya / Prayers & Meditation: Big Advantage Religious Folks Have Over Atheists / Meditation on The Omnipresence Of The Christ Mind (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2023
"Stop thought"
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 2:40pm On Aug 02, 2023
Listen to the sound recorder.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:33pm On Aug 02, 2023
"Be a witness of immortality."
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:18pm On Aug 02, 2023
Do nothing..Do nothing..Do nothing
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:28pm On Aug 02, 2023
Do something..Do something..Do something
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2023
I’ve read a lot about enlightenment and thought about it quite a bit, and I find that it doesn’t have much to do with enlightenment. Now fortunately, I can see both sides of the coin since I happen to be enlightened and I’ve gone through that training process that culminates in the dissolution of the finite self in the white light of eternity. But at the same time, I’m an avid reader and I like to ponder things, so it’s kind of fun to step in and out. And I notice that the two are not really the same. The description and the reality are very different.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 5:20pm On Aug 06, 2023
Enlightenment is an ocean of awareness that slides through the human part of us and dissolves it, and leaves us forever in eternity. But eternity is not cold. It’s not lonely. It’s warm with its own life. It’s filled with the very pleasure of itself. In a lot of self-discovery, there are a lot of people against pleasure. The anti-pleasure movement in self-discovery is very strong. I have big news for them -- if they ever get to enlightenment, which is unlikely the way they’re approaching it, they’re going to find enlightenment is very pleasurable. And if you have a problem with pleasure, you’re going to be surprised.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
I did the disappearing act where i bring my hands down to my feet starting at the top of head, disappearing as my hands go down.
Re: Meditation by Desammyst(m): 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
In all of these posts, you didn't mention Jesus Christ... That's absurd for me.

No other foundation(meditation inclusive), can any man lay, except that which has been laid by Jesus Christ.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:49am On Aug 07, 2023
They say that Casanova made love to over 10,000 women. Do you think it changed him? Probably aged him a little bit. But I doubt that it changed him. If it had changed him, he probably would have stopped somewhere along the line and done something a little different.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:56am On Aug 07, 2023
Tantra is nondogmatic, in the sense that we don’t care about the sensual world; we don’t care about religious traditions. To not care doesn’t mean that we don’t learn. Of course, I learn from every tradition, just like we learn from science. If somebody did an experiment 400 years ago and they came up with a good result, maybe it took them 30 years to get that result -- we can read about their experiment in two minutes and do it. It took them 30 years to get to that two minutes. It saves us time. So we study Taoism, Confucianism, variant forms of Buddhism -- Mahayana, Hinayana, Zen -- Hinduism, yoga of all forms, Christianity, Judaism -- it doesn’t really matter what it’s called. People were trying to get high. They were trying to feel and experience eternity in new ways. Anything we can absorb from anywhere is useful, but at the same time there has to be discipline. In other words, we can just take a little from here and a little from there and end up with a mess. There has to be a template, an overall game plan that we use all of this information in -- a system that changes and modifies as is necessary. Otherwise, we’re just borrowing, but we’re not accomplishing.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:59am On Aug 07, 2023
The hallmark of enlightenment is in how you treat others. That’s a loaded phrase -- like every phrase in the world of enlightenment it has countless meanings. It’s up to you to decipher them. But by and large as you progress in the world of enlightenment, you should have a sense of decorum. You should treat others well, with respect. And you should treat yourself with respect. So if you become a doormat for others, if you let people abuse you, that doesn’t mean that you’re necessarily very advanced. Turning the other cheek is not always the answer. In a certain situation on a certain day for a certain person, it’s correct. Sometimes a good roundhouse kick on a certain day in a certain situation for a certain person is correct. In other words, in tantra we don’t believe in commandments. We believe in the moment and the truth that is applicable for that moment -- as best we can sort it out with our heart,our intuition, our knowledge, our common sense -- is the proper truth. This doesn’t lead to anarchy, it lends to balance -- if we’re doing it honestly. But everything must revolve around meditation. It’s only meditation that brings us ultimately beyond the sensual world. Not because “beyond” implies that there’s anything wrong with the sensual world. But the spirit wants to be free, and the spirit experiences the senses in early incarnations, and it’s enough. The sensual world is very fulfilling. There’s a lot to learn through sexuality. There’s a lot to learn in all expressions of the senses. But then the spirit wants something more. It evolves. It wants to experience light, true knowledge, perfect oblivion, the dissolution of the self in the finite sense, in the white light of eternity, in variant phrases that just suggest the experience of enlightenment when thought is eclipsed and there’s nothing but ecstasy and perfection beyond my or anyone’s description. Not because there’s anything wrong with life or the senses but because the spirit seeks something else. We’ve seen the movie enough times. We’d like to see something else. It was a good movie when we saw it. We don’t need to put it down for someone who’s just starting to view it, do we? Do we have to be so simplistic? Because something no longer interests us, it may be very valuable for someone else. Obviously, we enjoyed it for how many lifetimes?
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:44am On Aug 07, 2023
Some people use avoidance, and for a while they get glimpses of enlightenment. They mortify the flesh, they fast, they avoid, they’re celibate. Great. It purifies them in some way, it takes them above their routines. Any discipline has a power to it. But ultimately one will only get glimpses. Celibacy doesn’t make you enlightened, otherwise every nun and priest in Buddhism or Christianity would be enlightened. People who don’t date and get any action would be enlightened.Fasting doesn’t produce enlightenment. A lot of people go on a hunger fast; they don’t become enlightened. Nor does being Casanova, nor does eating 5,000 calories a day. It’s something else that produces enlightenment that has nothing to do with the senses. I respect people whose pathway leads them through the discipline of the senses. I’ve practiced those disciplines personally in this and other lives, only because I enjoyed them. It’s fun to fast, just like it’s fun to eat. It’s fun to be celibate, just like it’s fun to have sex. Or sex can be painful as can celibacy. Fasting can be painful and so can eating. It really is irrelevant to the world of enlightenment. What matters in the world of enlightenment is learning to stop your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:48am On Aug 07, 2023
Tantric Buddhism is structural. We’re structuralists. We don’t have a preordained idea of what should create enlightenment or what shouldn’t. We look to traditions and if something’s in a tradition -- any tradition, spiritual tradition, mystical tradition, religious tradition -- if we can employ that device that someone else discovered several thousand years ago or last week and use it and it helps us stop thought, we’re all for it. If we try it and it doesn’t work, we reject it. Just because there’s a precedent, just because it’s historical, doesn’t mean it’s actual. The laboratory of enlightenment is your mind. If we discover something today that no one ever knew about that stops thought, that leads us into samadhi, into enlightened states of mind, then we employ it. We don’t care what tradition it comes from or what it’s called. If it works, it works; if it doesn’t, it doesn’t. Sometimes it’s chemistry. You know, what works for one person won’t work for another, or in a current stage of development you can employ something that will help you stop thought -- it might not work a year from now because you’ll be different. Or maybe something that you try today won’t work today but it will work a year from now.
Re: Meditation by MrSinister(m): 9:53am On Aug 07, 2023
Meditation01:
Some people use avoidance, and for a while they get glimpses of enlightenment. They mortify the flesh, they fast, they avoid, they’re celibate. Great. It purifies them in some way, it takes them above their routines. Any discipline has a power to it. But ultimately one will only get glimpses. Celibacy doesn’t make you enlightened, otherwise every nun and priest in Buddhism or Christianity would be enlightened. People who don’t date and get any action would be enlightened.Fasting doesn’t produce enlightenment. A lot of people go on a hunger fast; they don’t become enlightened. Nor does being Casanova, nor does eating 5,000 calories a day. It’s something else that produces enlightenment that has nothing to do with the senses. I respect people whose pathway leads them through the discipline of the senses. I’ve practiced those disciplines personally in this and other lives, only because I enjoyed them. It’s fun to fast, just like it’s fun to eat. It’s fun to be celibate, just like it’s fun to have sex. Or sex can be painful as can celibacy. Fasting can be painful and so can eating. It really is irrelevant to the world of enlightenment. What matters in the world of enlightenment is learning to stop your thoughts.

How does one stop thinking?
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2023
MrSinister:

Hold your attention on the navel area and listen to the 5 songs. They reference planes of light. And you move from one to another, you climb up the ladder of light, just by listening to them. Then when those 5 songs have ended, move your attention to the center of the chest. The next chakra up is called the heart chakra. It’s in the center of the chest. If you will hold your attention there, same thing, if you want to, you can put your fingers there and apply a little pressure. Hold your attention on the center of the chest, gently press very lightly and listen to the next 5 songs. The chest center, the heart chakra and the chakra above it, the throat center at the base of the throat, are the centers of balance, of happiness. The best chakra, the easiest to activate is the heart center and it will also pick up the throat center for you. If you hold your attention there for 5 songs, you will feel tremendous happiness, brightness, might see vivid colors, you might feel sensations of lightness, But if you just listen deeply you will stop thought. Same thing will happen with the navel center and with the third eye. After you’ve listened to the 5 songs, now you’ve gone up through 10 and you’ve moved up to a much higher plane of energy, climbing up the laticework of light of dimensions. Hold your attention up on the third eye. Your third eye, which is between your eyebrows and slightly above, the Agni chakra, is a center of knowledge. The third eye and the crown center at the very top of the head are the knowledge centers. The three meridians are power, balance which is happiness, and knowledge or wisdom. When you bring all three together, you are complete.Simply listen to the music. Simply listen to them, keep your attention on the third eye. When thought comes in and out of your mind, simply ignore it.Don’t get frustrated if your mind is restless. There is a lot of energy in the world and it takes patience to learn how to meditate. What’s happening as you listen to each song, the first 5 songs for the navel center, the second 5 songs for the heart center and the third 5 songs for the third eye is you are bringing the Kundalini up through concentration. The chakras are doorways to different dimensions, the different planes of Enlightenment. As you hold your attention on them, the Kundalini energy at the base of the spine will gradually rise first to the navel center, then the heart center, then to the third eye.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:05pm On Aug 07, 2023
MrSinister:

A certain amount of the basic teachings of Buddhist Yoga can be learned from a book. But in order to really practice higher yoga, you need the energy, vibrational purity, example, humor, patience and wisdom of a living master. The first and most basic thing you gain from studying with a master is pure power.When you are with your master, he transfers highgrade kundalini energy into your subtle body.The empowerments from your master energize and activate your chakras, allowing you to do things that you could not possibly do with the amount of energy you normally have at your disposal.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 9:54pm On Aug 07, 2023
Principles.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:42pm On Aug 08, 2023
There are lots of methods that you can use. Loosely we call it meditation, but there’s both meditation and gazing—different practices. You start with concentration by sitting down and focusing on one point for half-an-hour or so, just looking at a dot on a yantra, a candle flame, a pretty colored rock, whatever you want. You just look at it. Blink when necessary; sit up nice and straight. When thoughts come in and out of your mind, you just ignore them. You just try and focus on that image more and more. After a while you’ll get good at it. Your mind will develop muscles, just like your body does when you exercise it. Take it slowly, have fun with it. Look in the mirror afterwards or before, and you’ll see an amazing difference. You gain energy from doing it. That’s where you get energy. You don’t have to steal it from people. There’s tons of it in the second attention, but you have to gain access to the second attention.

1 Like

Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2023
Before you go to bed at night, practice dreaming. Give yourself a task in dreaming. Go visit someone, go to your power place, think about your special place that you would like to get to and practice the one don Juan gave Carlos: try and find your hands in your dreams, then look at them and then look away and then look back. Gain some level of control. Think of a place you’d like to go, someone you’d like to meet, think about that for a minute or two before you go to sleep. Don’t get frustrated, it might take months or years. It took me years before I started to find my hands in my dreams, or I could begin to go to places I wanted to. You’re actually traveling.
The most successful people in the world are those who think relationally.Of course they can use hierarchical logical analysis too, when it is beneficial for them to do so. But most highly effective and successful people don’t rely on hierarchical logical analysis for most of their problem-solving; instead they solve problems relationally with the assistance of their second attention.
Meditate.

THE BLUE SKY

Picture a beautiful blue sky without any clouds in it. As you picture the clear blue sky, feel that your body is growing lighter and lighter. Close your eyes and keep the image of the blue sky in your mind. There are no limits to the blue sky. It stretches endlessly in every direction, never beginning and never ending. As you visualize the blue sky, feel that your body has become so light that you have floated up into the clear blue sky. Feel that you are floating in the sky and that all tension, fatigue, worry, and problems have left you. Relax your mind and allow your breathing to seek its own level. Feel yourself floating gently in the clear blue sky which stretches endlessly in every direction, never beginning and never ending. After several minutes have passed and you feel yourself relaxing, then picture that your entire body is merging with the blue sky. Your body is merging with the peace of the blue sky... Your mind is merging with the tranquility of the blue sky... Feel that you have actually become the blue sky. You no longer have a body or a mind. You have become the infinite blue sky that stretches endlessly in every direction, never beginning and never ending. Feel that you have become the perfect peace and tranquility of the blue sky. Completely let go and experience Total Relaxation. When you feel that you have relaxed for as long as you like, then open your eyes. You will now have a new and deeper sense of peace, relaxation, and poise. This renewed energy, joy, and calm will stay with you as you resume your normal activities.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 8:20am On Aug 09, 2023
Your dreaming is what you do in life. You dream your career, you dream your wife or your husband or your friends, you dream your death. We set it all up, is what I'm saying. But I'm suggesting that the way you set it up may not be the way you really want it to be. The cassettes you have—you think you have the choice, the ten cassettes; you think that that's all there is. And I'm suggesting that there are millions of them. It's an unlimited video rental library. There are many more than you realize. But you're not aware of the titles. You assume or take for granted, "This is life. Hey, this is what everybody experiences, this is the range of human experience, and I can pick and choose in this. This is the range of existence.” But it's not. The dream energies, the fields of attention that influence you much more than you realize, have a limited distance that they travel. In other cycles, there were even fewer. When there were fewer people on the earth, it was easier. Now that the earth is getting so crowded—there are three billion people on earth, there's three billion different dreams—it's harder. That's why it's good to go sometimes to a place where there aren't many people. A remote place, physically, it's easier. But then again you don't want to be limited to that place. You have to become strong enough so that you can go into downtown Los Angeles, where there are some pretty wild dreams, let me tell you, and not be affected.Being a recluse is not necessarily desirable. It's good to take some time to go to a place distant from people. That's why the ocean is so good. Because if you're at the ocean, particularly late in the day, let's say, or in the winter or sometime when it's not crowded and there are not a million dreams on the beach, the dream of the body consciousness, when it's kind of lonely—you haven't gone a thousand miles away to be in a forest, it's not necessary, because the ocean is in front of you. When you go on top of a mountain, if you go to Mt. Palomar or Mt. Shasta or one of those places, when you get way up high, Colorado—this is why they had the caves up in Tibet, the yogis living in Tibet, because you're above that level. Now, it's harder and harder to get away from people. It's very difficult to just find a place where there's not an airplane or a person, but it's not really necessary.

1 Like

Re: Meditation by CaptMarvel(m): 5:40pm On Aug 09, 2023
Meditation01:
I did the disappearing act where i bring my hands down to my feet starting at the top of head, disappearing as my hands go down.
you mean you disappeared? Kindly throw more light on this.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2023
CaptMarvel:
you mean you disappeared? Kindly throw more light on this.
"Dissolution"
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2023
The mind is a complicated thing. Very complicated. To you it seems simple. There are thoughts, there are feelings, there are emotions, there’s memory, desire, self-importance, ideas, your life, your moods. The mind lives beyond death though. Anything that ends with death isn’t really the mind, just the things that pass through a mind. The mind is like a diamond. It’s very hard, very cold. It just is. It’s like the black light. It is the black light. There’s nothing to learn in life that’s important because all of the things that we learn are forgotten at death. They’re important for a lifetime, perhaps, but not in the sense of eternality. But it is possible—it is—to experience the refulgent, ecstatic perfection of all, that which never ends and never begins. It’s not a fairy tale, or if it is, it’s one that I live in that’s rather wonderful. When I die all this will be forgotten or it will become a past life memory. And something new will happen. Something wonderful, as it always does, because creation is perfection, beyond ideas.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2023
You must have complete faith that you can do it.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 12:21pm On Aug 10, 2023
When you die, I'll come for you as you begin your journey after death. You'll recognize me because I'll come in a Porsche. If I came in my true form, the form of all spiritual teachers, which is Light, none of you would recognize me. That was why Christ, when he came back after the crucifixion had to appear just as he had during life. His disciples would never have believed him if he had not taken on that form.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:16pm On Aug 10, 2023
Meditation is the cessation of thought. No thought, no mind. No mind, no body. No body, no time. No time, no life or death. It's simply letting go. For people who try to hold on to life, who try and push away from death, it's very difficult. The formula approach was quite popular for a while, fostered by certain groups. They decided that the way to introduce meditation to people in the West was to tell them what to do, to give them a schematic drawing. If you do this and this and this, you'll be meditating. Chant the mantra, say the right words, sit for a specific period of time—this doesn't have anything to do with meditation. It's a doing. It may get you used to sitting down; it may focus your attention in a new way. It may prepare you for meditation, but it's certainly not meditation.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:34pm On Aug 10, 2023
I don't plan to reincarnate here on earth again. The world I picked out for myself and any of you who want to join me is out towards that star and a little to the left(Rama laughs).It's not really a physical location, but you can think of it that way.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 1:42pm On Aug 10, 2023
Thank the place.Leave a part of yourself there, for you don't know if you will ever return.
Re: Meditation by Meditation01(m): 7:28pm On Aug 10, 2023
"Exhalation"

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (33) (Reply)

15 Ways To Minister Without Blemish / I Don't Want To Marry A Christian Or Religious Person. / Pastor E.A. Adeboye Open Heavens 2012 Now Available On Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.