Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:16 PM

I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead (78920 Views)

A Strange Growth On My Mom's Face / Abnormal Growth On My Forehead And Wrist / Please Help!! I Have A Growth On My Forehead (pics Attached) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by 00FFT00(m): 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
Mekoyaw:
Good day to everyone on this prestigious forum. The decision to share this story of mine came to spotlight after months of reluctance & indecision to share and as a result of the stage of deterioration regarding the physical abnormality. That I truly regret!!!

First & foremost what I'm about to say here is about the strange body growth that attacked my left foot, above my left eye & most disturbing right now the bony protuberance on my forehead during my service year in Benin City in 2021, though the last in the list was habit induced which started before I was called-up for NYSC but not very noticeable while the others still remains a mystery to me how it started, at that time my colleagues make jest of me that "you played Johnny with Benin girls abi which is absolutely false. But those on my foot & left eye subsided with the help of an kind elder-state dad in my area.

Now the one disturbing right now is the bony protuberance I've on my forehead which is at a degenerating stage, it's actually began with a childhood habit of mine which involves rubbing my thumb knuckle roughly on my other finger which I find pleasurable now this habit metamorphosed recently & upgraded to my forehead but I only did it when I'm sad, not knowing that I'm causing injury to my forehead but then when I noticed some little bump I stopped it even before I went for service, since then it's just growing.

Please I need all the help I can get right now.

This here looks like lipoma to me. But Nairaland is not a qualified diagnostic venue. Visit a physician, preferably, a dermatologist at a teaching hospital for proper diagnosis. These are usually remover employing local anesthesia.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Adewale1603(m): 1:03pm On Jun 11, 2023
grafixdon:
Rub sheabutter morning and evening for 3 weeks, I promise you, it'll dissappear
shear butter can't suppress this, it's way more than the work of shear butter, its not a simple boil. It can only be operated surgically and remove the tissues.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Amayabor1: 1:18pm On Jun 11, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

How can you be talking like this?

Have you examined the mass?? What's the consistency: cystic, soft, firm, hard or stony hard?
It's amazing how some of you know everything and reach conclusions just by looking at social media pictures.

Learn to read before replying. Op said the mass is a bony protuberance. What other consistency are you looking for?
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Amayabor1: 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
humberjade:

Seems you have a problem comprehending what a typed...where did I say drug can cure it? I said only surgery is the answer...all I am trying to say is that, there is no cure for the OP's condition
without cutting open his skin.

This is what you wrote;

No one can correctly prescribe a drug for the growth on your forehead without an Xray or a CT scan, because if it is lipoma (which is most probably the case) it has no known cure outside surgery.

From your first line, it therefore means that there are instances where drugs can be prescribed for a growth if a CT scan or xray has been done. This shows you don't know what you are saying.

What I am telling you is this; if you see a growth, what will tell you whether that growth can be cured by drugs is not CT scan or Xray (though they can give you a clue). What can definitely tell you what you are dealing with is to cut a small piece of that growth and send to the lab so they can check it under a microscope.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by grafixdon: 1:42pm On Jun 11, 2023
Adewale1603:
shear butter can't suppress this, it's way more than the work of shear butter, its not a simple boil. It can only be operated surgically and remove the tissues.

Really? You make be right though? But he can give it a try
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
It's either a lipoma or a cyst

It can be removed
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Charlex23(m): 1:55pm On Jun 11, 2023
SeriouslySense:
shocked shocked
I pray, you will be healed or the doctors will address it properly.

There can be several potential causes of growth on the forehead. It's important to note that without a proper medical examination, it's not possible to provide a definitive diagnosis. However, here are a few possible causes:

Cyst or Lipoma: A cyst is a sac-like pocket filled with fluid or other material, while a lipoma is a benign fatty tumor. Both can develop under the skin and form a visible growth on the forehead.

Skin Tags: Skin tags are small, benign growths that often appear in areas where the skin rubs against itself or clothing. They are typically harmless and can occur on the forehead as well.

Sebaceous Hyperplasia: This is a common condition where the oil glands in the skin become enlarged, resulting in small, yellowish or flesh-colored bumps. These bumps can appear on the forehead and other areas of the face.

Dermatofibroma: Dermatofibromas are small, harmless skin growths that can vary in color from pink to brown. They are usually firm to the touch and can develop on the forehead.

Warts: Warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) and can appear as small, rough growths on the skin. They can occur on the forehead and other parts of the body.

It's important to consult a healthcare professional or dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment options. They can evaluate the growth, consider your medical history, and perform any necessary tests to determine the exact cause and provide the most suitable treatment plan.
Okay……Chat GPT
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by ChybuzzDD(m): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Amayabor1:

Learn to read before replying. Op said the mass is a bony protuberance. What other consistency are you looking for?

So, Op is a doctor and his findings are final?

And even if it's bony, no imaging is required and it's just straight to the theatre?

I just hope you're not a doctor.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mekoyaw(m): 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Thanks so much for the insightful counsel, I appreciate.
pol23:
Alade wu wo.
Fear of the unknown at times makes us seek validation.
But I’d advise you to visit a proper doctor…
This growth can be anything from a mild to very serious issue.
Something similar to this happened to a friend in 2010, It turned out to be cancer and sadly killed him in 2011.
I had something similar to this in 2017 and all I could think was my late friend issue… mine was just kind of an infection… at first I was too scared to run a proper diagnose because of my thought…
I will advise you to go for proper check .
Nairaland no be clinic…. Even though there might be some people that can tell you the cure to this , but who you go believe out of 10 people.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by humberjade: 2:16pm On Jun 11, 2023
Amayabor1:

This is what you wrote;

No one can correctly prescribe a drug for the growth on your forehead without an Xray or a CT scan, because if it is lipoma (which is most probably the case) it has no known cure outside surgery.

From your first line, it therefore means that there are instances where drugs can be prescribed for a growth if a CT scan or xray has been done. This shows you don't know what you are saying.

What I am telling you is this; if you see a growth, what will tell you whether that growth can be cured by drugs is not CT scan or Xray (though they can give you a clue). What can definitely tell you what you are dealing with is to cut a small piece of that growth and send to the lab so they can check it under a microscope.

Okay, I hear you, I have no time to keep going back and forth with you...ciao
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by PPIA: 2:20pm On Jun 11, 2023
MetroLane:

It looks as if your head is giving birth to another head.

OP don't be scared, afterall two heads are better than one
That is another eye developing on his forehead.

He is about to have foresight cool
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mekoyaw(m): 2:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
Yes...I had same suspicion too, thanks.
Afrobasic:
That looks like a cyst. Go and get it removed abeg.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mekoyaw(m): 2:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
I concur, that I've seen
free2ryhme:

Go hospital, na small children full here
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mekoyaw(m): 2:32pm On Jun 11, 2023
Pls what's fmc? Where is it located? Are there services expensive?
GODPUNISHALABI:
Its nothing just ganglion or so..... growing on ur forehead no worry no be cancer when u get money go fmc make them comot am,this thing been do my papa na fatty tissue dey inside
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Amayabor1: 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2023
ChybuzzDD:

So, Op is a doctor and his findings are final?

And even if it's bony, no imaging is required and it's just straight to the theatre?

I just hope you're not a doctor.

No. I never claimed to be a doctor.

And no, OP case doesn't necessarily need to go to the theatre. It is something that can be done while he is awake.

Let's even assume it is cystic or whatever consistency you want to believe it is, what will CT scan do for you?
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mekoyaw(m): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
Thanks for sharing
God Bless u sir
SeriouslySense:
shocked shocked
I pray, you will be healed or the doctors will address it properly.

There can be several potential causes of growth on the forehead. It's important to note that without a proper medical examination, it's not possible to provide a definitive diagnosis. However, here are a few possible causes:

Cyst or Lipoma: A cyst is a sac-like pocket filled with fluid or other material, while a lipoma is a benign fatty tumor. Both can develop under the skin and form a visible growth on the forehead.

Skin Tags: Skin tags are small, benign growths that often appear in areas where the skin rubs against itself or clothing. They are typically harmless and can occur on the forehead as well.

Sebaceous Hyperplasia: This is a common condition where the oil glands in the skin become enlarged, resulting in small, yellowish or flesh-colored bumps. These bumps can appear on the forehead and other areas of the face.

Dermatofibroma: Dermatofibromas are small, harmless skin growths that can vary in color from pink to brown. They are usually firm to the touch and can develop on the forehead.

Warts: Warts are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV) and can appear as small, rough growths on the skin. They can occur on the forehead and other parts of the body.

It's important to consult a healthcare professional or dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment options. They can evaluate the growth, consider your medical history, and perform any necessary tests to determine the exact cause and provide the most suitable treatment plan.

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mekoyaw(m): 2:50pm On Jun 11, 2023
Ohh, is it really what a cream can solve?
What's the name?
justcallbuki:
I've too on my forehead,not as big as yours it has been there for like 2 years now,am planning to remove the lipoma,although I hear there's a cream For it,but Expensive
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mekoyaw(m): 2:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
😆😆
Walai:
Abeg who dey give this bush men phone to visit nairaland grin

Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by 3seriez(m): 2:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
Amayabor1:

Please, stop saying this. There is no expert that suggested that a growth on the face should be ignored if it doesn't hurt.

Aesthetics/cosmetics is a good reason for a person to seek surgery. That swelling is on his face. It's not as if it's on back where clothes can cover it or on any other part of the body where people can't easily see it. It's on the face. Any swelling that may disturb a patient psychologically or reduce their self esteem is a very good reason to remove that growth even if it doesn't hurt or it is not increasing in size.

It's like im not writing in English here. Ok.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mekoyaw(m): 2:57pm On Jun 11, 2023
I did a scan then when I had the one above my eye they said I'll undergo a CT scan, which got me reluctant since then because of billing
Freighthost:
u are this educated n dont stil don’t know u ve to visit general hospital since 2021?
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by ComeToJesus: 3:44pm On Jun 11, 2023
MetroLane:

Two heads are not better than one. Be guided.
Are two heads of say Prof Yakubu Mahmood's type better than mine? Never!

Two good heads are better than one.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by igbeke: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
Mekoyaw:
Good day to everyone on this prestigious forum. The decision to share this story of mine came to spotlight after months of reluctance & indecision to share and as a result of the stage of deterioration regarding the physical abnormality. That I truly regret!!!

First & foremost what I'm about to say here is about the strange body growth that attacked my left foot, above my left eye & most disturbing right now the bony protuberance on my forehead during my service year in Benin City in 2021, though the last in the list was habit induced which started before I was called-up for NYSC but not very noticeable while the others still remains a mystery to me how it started, at that time my colleagues make jest of me that "you played Johnny with Benin girls abi which is absolutely false. But those on my foot & left eye subsided with the help of an kind elder-state dad in my area.

Now the one disturbing right now is the bony protuberance I've on my forehead which is at a degenerating stage, it's actually began with a childhood habit of mine which involves rubbing my thumb knuckle roughly on my other finger which I find pleasurable now this habit metamorphosed recently & upgraded to my forehead but I only did it when I'm sad, not knowing that I'm causing injury to my forehead but then when I noticed some little bump I stopped it even before I went for service, since then it's just growing.

Please I need all the help I can get right now.
Go take water with a keg from the beach. Use the water to it (your face) morning and night. Ensure you go get the water by yourself to be sure.
Watch what will happen to it in few days.
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by ini4brandon(m): 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2023
This why I'll never bring my health woes to Nairaland grin grin grin
MetroLane:

Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by TheOmoney(m): 5:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
MetroLane:

OMG.....this cracked me up
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by chibuchibu: 5:28pm On Jun 11, 2023
You should go to hospital and see doctor.
U need ultrasound
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by caandi: 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2023
Amayabor1:

That is not true. A growth like this doesn't need drugs. For this kind of growth, it is to remove a part of it or remove the whole growth and send to the lab so they can use microscope to look at it.

Drugs are not used to treat growths like this. You don't even need CT scan or xray for this op's growth.
true and after excision a histology would be needed to be carried out on the specimen
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Freighthost: 6:54pm On Jun 11, 2023
Mekoyaw:
I did a scan then when I had the one above my eye they said I'll undergo a CT scan, which got me reluctant since then because of billing
ok
Bt bro
U ve to spend to get it right
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by justcallbuki(f): 7:15pm On Jun 11, 2023
Mekoyaw:
Ohh, is it really what a cream can solve?
What's the name?

1 Like

Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by justcallbuki(f): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
dives:

Hi. I have same too. Pls what cream might that be?

Check comment up 👆there
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Timblaze(m): 7:31pm On Jun 11, 2023
Did you break any lady heart of recent 🙄??
Re: I'm Scared I've An Abnormal Growth On My Forehead by Mohisah: 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
Visit traditional leaders or a herbalist. No go run operate am... It maybe a natural smth because ur body system, it may disappear if u feel any shock arnd di thing

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

First Aid: Tips For Common Accidents And Emergencies / Italy Has Spread Coronavirus To 11 Countries So Far (info Graphic) / 8 Foods That Increases Sperm Count

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.