Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,850 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents (33163 Views)

NERC To Nigerians: Expect Improved Electricity Supply From July 1 / Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC / Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Bigtitilayo: 10:53pm On Jun 11, 2023
But no light for ikd now we can't even boost of 6hrs light in solomade estate ikd nawa ooo very annoying

2 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by ba7man(m): 10:56pm On Jun 11, 2023
I'm already experiencing this where I stay.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by soullove1881(m): 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol... N200/kwhr rate loading. By the time they do those their wuruwuru PPP and inflate cost, Lagosians will be lucky to get N200/unit.

Cry us a River!
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Dzzzz: 11:06pm On Jun 11, 2023
Tinubu the Tax collector..
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by ceejayluv(m): 11:09pm On Jun 11, 2023
With an estimated population of 15 to 20 million, anything short of at least 10,000 MW to Lagos only won't fly.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by ceejayluv(m): 11:10pm On Jun 11, 2023
ba7man:
I'm already experiencing this where I stay.
Has It been like that for years or una Wan start with the body odour language lamba?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by ba7man(m): 11:12pm On Jun 11, 2023
ceejayluv:

Has It been like that for years or una Wan start with the body odour language lamba?
What are you saying??
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by deji17: 11:14pm On Jun 11, 2023
Amin!
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by HomorBj(m): 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2023
Bigtitilayo:
But no light for ikd now we can't even boost of 6hrs light in solomade estate ikd nawa ooo very annoying

Really ?? My own side light na 22hrs at least o,even recently when rain falls,they don't take it.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Omoawoke: 11:19pm On Jun 11, 2023
RockHard:

Awon pessimists tun ti de. Una must sha find a reason to lament and complain, even before the initiative kicks off. Guy, you'll always have alternatives; you can simply fuel your gen and use that instead if you feel the cost of steady electricity is too much for you or better still remain in darkness while those that value the development pay for it in peace, I'm sure nobody will beat you.

If Una go Ghana Una go say they better pass Nigeria because of their (very expensive) relatively stable electricity. Nigeria is gradually moving in the direction of providing stable electricity but the perpetual pessimists and wailers would have none of that. They must always find cause to wail.

Would you mind the enemy of progress.
And electricity tariffs need to increase, the way we use energy in Nigeria is too wasteful.
Other part of the word are into energy conversation and clean energy for a sustainable climate.
Here in Nigeria, people don’t have maintenance and conservation culture, they will switch on electrical appliances when not in use and switch on lights even during the day. We need to learn

5 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by StJohnKml: 11:20pm On Jun 11, 2023
RockHard:

Awon pessimists tun ti de. Una must sha find a reason to lament and complain, even before the initiative kicks off. Guy, you'll always have alternatives; you can simply fuel your gen and use that instead if you feel the cost of steady electricity is too much for you or better still remain in darkness while those that value the development pay for it in peace, I'm sure nobody will beat you.

If Una go Ghana Una go say they better pass Nigeria because of their (very expensive) relatively stable electricity. Nigeria is gradually moving in the direction of providing stable electricity but the perpetual pessimists and wailers would have none of that. They must always find cause to wail.
Don't mind them. Shallow minded people.
They know the truth but just like to feign ignorance. Where in the world is constant power cheap?

3 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by StJohnKml: 11:22pm On Jun 11, 2023
Dzzzz:
Tinubu the Tax collector..
You want it free of charge na, since that's how they do in your developed village.

Even people abroad complain of tax but they can see value for the taxes.

Value won't come free of charge my dear.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by XAUBulls: 11:24pm On Jun 11, 2023
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Tmb78(m): 11:26pm On Jun 11, 2023
Mandygees:
After Lagos make dem try other states like Benin too nah
Meanwhile at a cheap price Dm me for your logo and flyer design
Ha, sebi Edo no be Lagos😂😂

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by olarid01: 11:34pm On Jun 11, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

The government need to cut the cloth to size. Let the poor breathe. Increase minimum wage. Uk increase last year, did this year, in midst of inflation and all, just to improve life a bit.

You can’t do all these and pay 30k for minimum wage. Make them sleep for gutter?

Of course, the government .....
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by thisisit: 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2023
IN THIS ERA OF INDIGENIZATION OF LAGOS..

LAGOS SHOULD FIRST AND FOREMOST ENACT AN INDIGENEOUS LAGOSIANS ELECTRICITY LAW, BEFORE TARGETING.. MEGAWATTS

WE DONT WANT S THE ELECTRICITY TO GO TO NON INDIGENES.

Eko ti baje grin

2 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by OmoOshodi(m): 11:35pm On Jun 11, 2023
No power supply in Badagry...is badagry not Lagos again ni

2 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by PotatoSalad(m): 11:47pm On Jun 11, 2023
okewumi:
I bought solar when subsidy was removed. We hardly have seven hours light.

Now my wife said since they swear in tinubu, they have light for 20 to 21 hours. Had l known, l wouldn't waste money. This is new Nigeria we prayed for
You no waste money.
Rain dey fall and dams are full. That's why power supply has improved. Dry season is 4 months away. That 21 hours will go down to 8-10 hrs at most.
Haven't seen any difference in Enugu though. We do get 20-22 hrs daily, all year round. Sometimes 48-72 hours.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by tsdarkside(m): 11:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
CodeTemplar:
the world doesn't start and end in abia or Anambra. Broaden your horizon bros.

can you guys mind your own freakin region....??

always going everywhere badmouthin everybody else....
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by ubox: 11:51pm On Jun 11, 2023
Omoawoke:

Would you mind the enemy of progress.
And electricity tariffs need to increase, the way we use energy in Nigeria is too wasteful.
Other part of the word are into energy conversation and clean energy for a sustainable climate.
Here in Nigeria, people don’t have maintenance and conservation culture, they will switch on electrical appliances when not in use and switch on lights even during the day. We need to learn
True, it will reach 10am and security lights are still on,
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by ufotunang: 11:59pm On Jun 11, 2023
That is nice
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by harsysky(m): 12:00am On Jun 12, 2023

What people don't know is that you can manage electricity well when it is constant even if the cost is high. I put on my fridge 24/7 because I wouldn't know how long a light would stay. Imagine having 20hrs light a day, I could decide to put off my Fridge some days or regulate how long to use it. Same with other household gadgets.

2 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by kokorokoman: 12:32am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

Doz people are Joker's abg no take dem serious Ghana even Tax derr Electricity Alot you will see all the break down in ur bill...

Them go comot street light fee

Power line fee

All this Jargons u dy house u no dey house for the whole month u will pay all this charges...

If u like travel for a whole Year you will pay all this fees monthly and if you didn't pay it will keep piling up dy won't add any consumption money cause you didn't use any electricity for the whole month since you're not around but You see Doz Charges of street light, Power line and others you will surely see them.....

Nigerians want 247 light buh if they bring the cost and start telling them to pay dey will still complain....

Electricity never cost finish na bypassing of Meter left and right everywhere....
the guy he quoted is a pessimist and an enemy of progress, but about the electricity in ghana, baba you lie big time, for this ghana wey i dey so? electricity is relatively cheap here baba and for you to say they charge for street light and power makes you a greater lier.
i lived in dodowa for over six months without paying electricity bills just because there is no meter in my house and till now the guys still living there has not paid.
50 cedis card takes us for weeks here, with many laptops, televison, deep freezer and others.

2 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by DollarMarley247: 12:54am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

You're just a joker When they finally get it right and the rate is 200N per unit you can disconnect ursef and be using Gen since you're looking for a Cheap electricity....

Una want 247 electricity buh don't want to pay for the cost....

Na una type dey go bypass Prepaid Meter nd still av mouth to abuse the Govt of been corrupt...
What Nigerian need now is Prepaid meter. Without Prepaid miter we can't get it right. You can't just bill someone for what they are not using. Even those bringing the bills will advise you to pay what you can pay form your bills because they know themselves
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by GUNITGuy: 1:39am On Jun 12, 2023
thisisit:
IN THIS ERA OF INDIGENIZATION OF LAGOS..

LAGOS SHOULD FIRST AND FOREMOST ENACT AN INDIGENEOUS LAGOSIANS ELECTRICITY LAW, BEFORE TARGETING.. MEGAWATTS

WE DONT WANT S THE ELECTRICITY TO GO TO NON INDIGENES.

Eko ti baje grin
Yes
Especially those no man's landers
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by GUNITGuy: 1:41am On Jun 12, 2023
StJohnKml:

Don't mind them. Shallow minded people.
They know the truth but just like to feign ignorance. Where in the world is constant power cheap?
It's cheap and would be atfordable to majority of Nigerians
Countries with constant electricity are not 1/4 as rich as Nigeria
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Joshbdexter(m): 2:18am On Jun 12, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/improved-electricity-lagos-targets-20hrs-power-supply-daily-to-residents/

ALL THIS LAGOS THINGS SOOO. I NO DEY SEE ANYTHING FOR ALIMOSHO OOOO. Abi no be Lagos I Dey?
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by good4all40: 2:21am On Jun 12, 2023
GUNITGuy:

It's cheap and would be atfordable to majority of Nigerians
Countries with constant electricity are not 1/4 as rich as Nigeria

This is so true, most countries in Africa that boost of 24/7 power supply are not half rich as Nigerians so our people will pay, if people can pay very expensive fee for darkness, l think they will gladly pay expensive fee for light.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Nobody: 2:27am On Jun 12, 2023
Mandygees:
After Lagos make dem try other states like Benin too nah
Meanwhile at a cheap price Dm me for your logo and flyer design

Hold your governors to account na or is Edo Lagos again?

Is Sanwo-Olu the governor of Edo?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Desmond Elliot Receives His Certificate Of Return (Photos) / Caption This Photo: President Buhari, Un Secretary General, And Germany F.m / Buhari Gives Amaechi, Dambazzau Key Roles At US Meetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.