Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,623 members, 7,823,746 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents (33178 Views)

NERC To Nigerians: Expect Improved Electricity Supply From July 1 / Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC / Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by obembet(f): 7:36am On Jun 12, 2023
dele1727:

If it was in Anambra or Abia .. it will be a wonderful initiative...

I pity idiots that don't know una

In south East na N5/kwhr.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by dele1727: 7:39am On Jun 12, 2023
obembet:

In south East na N5/kwhr.

grin grin grin....naso

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by middlebelter(m): 7:45am On Jun 12, 2023
All the major streets lights he stopped working. Travel Ikorodu road at night especially Mile 12-Ojota-Jibowu, always dark. Even the independent tunnel that was recently beautify, is usually in dark.Oworo-Oshodi-Apapa road , no street light, are we expecting the police to perform magic? If we want security cameras in place, shouldn't the street light compliment the work? Berger-Oworo is notorious for one chance, the Ogudu and Alapere police can't help because there's no way to track these one-chance gangs.
Governor Sanwo-Olu, let the streets light work , tell your commissioners to conduct regular inspection and also inspect like Fashola use to do during his tenure.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by dyera(m): 7:47am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

Then you start reducing your electricity to all this energy saver of 5 watt bulb and only Fan..

If you can afford to fuel your Gen when Fuel was at 180 then you can afford any tariff they bring...

People even do it now anything that consume light people don't use it with dere prepaid buh people that can afford the charges don't mind they will use it...

Well most inexperienced Nigerian household don't know that in developed countries people turn off their electricity when they don't need it to reduce bill.

What you will see in Nigeria is that people that don't have much to spend on electricity will just leave it running for as long as there is light.

Then they will start complaining that the 20 hours daily light is more than they can afford, that they preferred it when they were getting 12 hours light daily.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by miketayo(m): 7:47am On Jun 12, 2023
Abudu2000:
We on the island are suffering of light infact generator sound want to deafen person here. Anyways they should supply those mainlanders more coz they need it.

why do they need it more? angry
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by theredaddy: 7:48am On Jun 12, 2023
dyera:

Giving 24 hours electricity without reduction of poverty, increase in salary / minimum wage among the populace will be good for businesses, but not too beneficial to individual household. It will be like giving generator to every household, majority of them will not be able to use it for more than six hours daily with how expensive fuel is.

Why are people alway pessismistic or perhaps you just like to find fault in everything. i can't believe people are online criticizing stable power supply under lame arguement.
You forget electricity consumption as a lot to do with what the lifestyle of the consumer.
For instance, someone staying home all day you can regulate your consumption, simply use what you need at a time Buh Nigerians are stuck in that time you just ON everything down, you are in the sitting room but the appliances in the bed room dey ON,
Nigerians just need to evolve and learn the urban ways. use only what you need, and switch to low energy appliances

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by SLOVFO(m): 7:51am On Jun 12, 2023
wahalawahala:
wetin b ur headache... Den Sha no fit carry Nepa bill frm Lagos carry give una fr Anambra 😂

Igbo haters! Everyone that criticises your beloved Lagos is assumed to be Igbo. Igbos are your nightmares angry
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by miketayo(m): 7:52am On Jun 12, 2023
loswhite:
Stop telling lies about Ghana. Electricity is not cheap in Ghana no mean say you go start to add sugar and salt put. I was resident in Ghana all this things you wrote are lies.

Ghana pay around N25 Kw/h Nigeria pays above N55 kw/h some pays more than 70kw/h. because it is not constant we wont feel it
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by shieldvoice(m): 7:56am On Jun 12, 2023
House using estimated bills like me the bill go high. For the past 3 months na 25k per month, this month now only God knows with this stable light. Almost 20 hours per day constant light.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by dyera(m): 8:03am On Jun 12, 2023
theredaddy:

Why are people alway pessismistic or perhaps you just like to find fault in everything. i can't believe people are online criticizing stable power supply under lame arguement.
You forget electricity consumption as a lot to do with what the lifestyle of the consumer.
For instance, someone staying home all day you can regulate your consumption, simply use what you need at a time Buh Nigerians are stuck in that time you just ON everything down, you are in the sitting room but the appliances in the bed room dey ON,
Nigerians just need to evolve and learn the urban ways. use only what you need, and switch to low energy appliances

Majority of Nigerians don't know those shit about electricity consumption management. If you give them 24 hours electricity that is when you will start seeing Nigerians showing off how the bottled drinks got frozen because of constant electricity. As in this means they left their electricity running for 24 hours plus. Then they will start complaining about how the 24 hours electricity is something they cannot afford. You better be ready to educate them on the urban ways.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Allisgud: 8:03am On Jun 12, 2023
They should extend it to the rural communities,like ikorodu to badagry,island is already enjoying 20hrs power
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by wahalawahala: 8:09am On Jun 12, 2023
SLOVFO:

Igbo haters! Everyone that criticises your beloved Lagos is assumed to be Igbo. Igbos are your nightmares angry
no one fit hate igbo's more Dan Igbo hate demselves.. yeye man, wetin hating Igbo wan add to my life😂
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by shonepa(m): 8:17am On Jun 12, 2023
Light dey stable for my area.....i dey switch off everything if i dey comot. steady light more bills.

So i have to be smart about it.

Saao:
Maybe only ikoyi, VI, lekki phase one because me in Greenland estate ajah, I haven't had 2/power in 24 hours.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Kylekent59: 8:17am On Jun 12, 2023
SLOVFO:

You shouldn't blame them for that. That's how they satisfied their depressed souls. I bet they derive joy from that.

They keep on hating the Igbos here on nairaland. While the Igbos keep doing their normal business and making money.

Some people are just fools on this platform.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by EdiskyHarry: 8:25am On Jun 12, 2023
I will continue to love Lagos state government.
Always targeting the priority.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by CodeTemplar: 8:27am On Jun 12, 2023
nedekid:

Oga morning.
As said months ago, in my place, I have been paying 210 per unit all these while. Though it is 24hrs electricity as the premises utilises, both HD ie transformer and generators. Omo 210! 10k for 46 units, 5k for 23!
You turn on 1 Ac, fridge and freezer and watch 5k go daily. Lol.
I had to, apply for ikedc Meter ohh, despite protest from the facility managemet. ₦69 per unit. Installed last week. Meenn, you cannot imagine the relief . ₦7k for 100 units!
What even make me write this is that Supprisenly, the electricity is at least 23h daily! For the last 3 days it has not gone off for 1 minute!
Walai, the light is 24h. You do not need generators.
Meanwhile, I was informed that they increased the ikedc charges codedly from ₦50 to 69 recently.
the point is about inflating something that can be cheaper. Checkout India and Pakistan power rate or Saudi Arabia. If it is doable at N100/unit for example will the owners of Lagos agree to make it close enough to that figure or they will reap off the populace systematically. Remember the story of Lekki tolling. The secrecy shrouding many Lagos project means one thing. People will run from Gen set due to petrol increase and run into national grid. Something the Lagos mafia now control in Abuja. Don't tell me all what was written in the article was impossible before now. They just prefer to don't now they know they can own all the major assets and reap off the people.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by CodeTemplar: 8:31am On Jun 12, 2023
clockwisereport:

Electricity is not a cheap commodity bro.
It is. Don't use organised reap off going on in advanced countries to judge. Check out india, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to know what electricity cost in reality.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Abudu2000(m): 8:35am On Jun 12, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
As u sabi my status na... na dis mouth shaaa... online Dangote.. and if dem check u now, u no balance..

Popular estate and generator wan block ur ear 🤣🤣🤣 this nairaland sef ehn na cruise
from how you dey talk I understand why your life is so bad bro🤣🤣🤣 no worry tinubu go do am for you starting with electricity 🤓
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by CodeTemplar: 8:36am On Jun 12, 2023
OkukoIgbo:

How much is it now sir,
If it can me steady many people won't mind, electric power seems to be one of the basic things for business to survive.
The crude that was oozing out of ground few decades ago they couldn't deliver it cost effectively tothe point of subsidy removal and they are telling you electricity cost will be fair. Keep dreaming there sir.
Look at Lekki tolling and agberoism generally and tell me the people in charge of Lagos will resist the temptation to monopolize power business and offer fair prizes.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Truvelisback(m): 8:36am On Jun 12, 2023
Abudu2000:
We on the island are suffering of light infact generator sound want to deafen person here. Anyways they should supply those mainlanders more coz they need it.
We dey enjoy light for Olodi, Apapa, Ajegunle.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by sapele914(m): 8:36am On Jun 12, 2023
SLOVFO:

Na so Odumegwu go start war, on top presumed hate?
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by sapele914(m): 8:38am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
The crude that was oozing out of ground few decades ago they couldn't deliver it cost effectively tothe point of subsidy removal and they are telling you electricity cost will be fair. Keep dreaming there sir.
Look at Lekki tolling and agberoism generally and tell me the people in charge of Lagos will resist the temptation to monopolize power business and offer fair prizes.
But the power sector is now mostly private sector driven, government is only intervening to put infrastructure in place.

Give much kudos to Lagos State for even talking about it, we know nothing of the sort, is going on in your state?
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by CodeTemplar: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2023
Ebubu2:
stop complaining. Go to Uk see how much they pay for stable electricity
Go to India Pakistan and Saudi Arabia also and she what it cost there then give me reasons to pay what UK is paying and not what they pay in India or Pakistan or Venezuela.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by sapele914(m): 8:41am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Go to India Pakistan and Saudi Arabia also and see what it cost there then give me reasons to pay what UK is paying and not what they pay in India or Pakistan or Venezuela.
You dey craze this Codetemplar Obidient.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by tamdun: 8:44am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol... N200/kwhr rate loading. By the time they do those their wuruwuru PPP and inflate cost, Lagosians will be lucky to get N200/unit.
So what is the solution or u want the govt to just abandon the project?
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by CodeTemplar: 8:48am On Jun 12, 2023
Kay25:

Abegi everything is not good in your eyes if we pay more and u have it the light constantly is it not better?
loswhite:
It seems most of you prefer to use Generator to run your homes. The problem of this country is the citizens. If you travel to UK you will be screaming UK have constant Electricity and you will gladly pay the bill....lol. But in Nigeria you one to spend 3k for 1 months...lol
atobs4real:

Evil comments.
We want the best and it comes with big price

Go to Pakistan India Venezuela and Saudi Arabia to see what electricity cost there too. UK is not a perfect country or Nigeria's peer in purchasing power or even minimum wage or any other metric for that matter.
Can you pay power utility bills alonenwih your whole salary? It makes no sense so leave UK out of your propaganda.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by CodeTemplar: 8:53am On Jun 12, 2023
sapele914:
You dey craze this Codetemplar Obidient.
you are more interested in who is an obidient or is in your camp. I belong to none of the demonic camps around. Check my post history well. Be it APC, PDP, BATists, PMB, Obidients or any other demonically inspired movement. I am for fairness and have no ties to one Anambra or Abia for that matter.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by seguno2: 8:56am On Jun 12, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/improved-electricity-lagos-targets-20hrs-power-supply-daily-to-residents/

Will this happen in six months, like Fashola boasted a few moons ago, in the propaganda laced effort to get rid of Jonathan and PDP, to be replaced by the worse looters and incompetent government of APC

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by afiaonline: 9:01am On Jun 12, 2023
Abudu2000:

lol you sure say you dey for Island?
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by SLOVFO(m): 9:12am On Jun 12, 2023
wahalawahala:
no one fit hate igbo's more Dan Igbo hate demselves.. yeye man, wetin hating Igbo wan add to my life😂
And yet you can't live a day without blaming then for all your woes. Let me tell you friend, whom God has blessed no man can curse. They hated the Jews more and yet today they are reigning over all their enemies.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by wahalawahala: 9:37am On Jun 12, 2023
SLOVFO:

And yet you can't live a day without blaming then for all your woes. Let me tell you friend, whom God has blessed no man can curse. They hated the Jews more and yet today they are reigning over all their enemies.
you're delusional.. scroll up and click on politics .. hundreds of threads created by your fellow Igbo's daily to wail ,blame and insult others are all there ...but You hypocrites won't see any of that .. na wen den give u back in your dose u go dey cry about..whom God has blessed,abeg where u dey reign? Prisons in asia😂

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How APC And Other Parties Stand In Bauchi State After the 2019 Polls / Edo: Philip Shaibu To Defect From PDP / Ndigbo Holds Reception For Fayose Because Of Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.