Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:37 AM

Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents (33144 Views)

NERC To Nigerians: Expect Improved Electricity Supply From July 1 / Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC / Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Nobody: 2:30am On Jun 12, 2023
seunayeni:
Honestly, it's a Laudable proposal and I hope it is sustained eventually.However, what about states like Ekiti, Osun, Adamawa, Ebonyi etc who probably do not have the Financial Strength and laid down Blueprints like Lagos for Power Generation nko....these states go come dey look Lagos like London grin...abeg make them do the check and balance well so that all other states can be carried along.

Those states have governors ooooo, contact them to follow Lagos blueprint. The blueprint is available for everyone

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by GUNITGuy: 2:33am On Jun 12, 2023
good4all40:

This is so true, most countries in Africa that boost of 24/7 power supply are not half rich as Nigerians so our people will pay, if people can pay very expensive fee for darkness, l think they will gladly pay expensive fee for light.
It's going to be regulated so you're careful of what you consume

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Boss13: 3:26am On Jun 12, 2023
Once Lagos achieve 24 hours power supply they should enact laws making it illegal to use generator due to health and safety risk as well as noise and air pollution.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by inoki247: 3:28am On Jun 12, 2023
kokorokoman:
the guy he quoted is a pessimist and an enemy of progress, but about the electricity in ghana, baba you lie big time, for this ghana wey i dey so? electricity is relatively cheap here baba and for you to say they charge for street light and power makes you a greater lier.
i lived in dodowa for over six months without paying electricity bills just because there is no meter in my house and till now the guys still living there has not paid.
50 cedis card takes us for weeks here, with many laptops, televison, deep freezer and others.

Which electricity I lie about show me your ECG bill let's see the breakdown and if you won't see all this Street light fee and Power line fee.....

My house is in HO and av been away for long but doz monthly charges of like 15 cedis to 10 always come if you want to bet I can show u....

Have attached one of my old bill for you to see this when Tariff was still low sef....

I always put money ahead on my meter....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by kokorokoman: 3:34am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

Which electricity I lie about show me your ECG bill let's see the breakdown and if you won't see all this Street light fee and Power line fee.....

My house is in HO and av been away for long but doz monthly charges of like 15 cedis to 10 always come if you want to bet I can show u....

please show me, dont you have a meter? i have a meter in my current house and whenever i travel i i switch off appliances and when i am back i meet it as i left it.
few times like once or twice in a year the elctricity guys come around to check soemthing on the meter and go back.
please show me you bill so i can see the street light billing you are talking about.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by inoki247: 3:36am On Jun 12, 2023
kokorokoman:
please show me, dont you have a meter? i have a meter in my current house and whenever i travel i i switch off appliances and when i am back i meet it as i left it.
few times like once or twice in a year the elctricity guys come around to check soemthing on the meter and go back.
please show me you bill so i can see the street light billing you are talking about.

What else u wan see that's my old bill I just crop....

I'm not around would have send you the new one with the current charges this an old bill ..

This bill still carry on old Tariff....

Next time check your bill you will see all the breakdown....

At least every month the ECG will take like 10cedis to 15cedis from you....

You dey house u no dey u jus don't know....

2 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by kokorokoman: 3:37am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

Have attached one of my old bill for you to see this when Tariff was still low sef....

I always put money ahead on my meter....

seen, i am sorry for calling you a lier but i have never come across anything like this, my bill is not even like this, do you have prepaid meter? i have a prepaid meter .

2 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by inoki247: 3:42am On Jun 12, 2023
kokorokoman:
seen, i am sorry for calling you a lier but i have never come across anything like this, my bill is not even like this, do you have prepaid meter? i have a prepaid meter .

I'm using a Postpaid is also on Prepaid like that you just don't know...

I do pay my money online I don't see doz breakdown buh once I check my bill they do give me every month is always dere.....

Or whenever you see an ECG staff ask the Citizens are the one paying for the street light they're not free and derr are some other Taxation on it...

The prepaid might not be giving you a breakdown bh the Postpaid all the breakdown are always dere....

2 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by inoki247: 3:49am On Jun 12, 2023
DollarMarley247:
What Nigerian need now is Prepaid meter. Without Prepaid miter we can't get it right. You can't just bill someone for what they are not using. Even those bringing the bills will advise you to pay what you can pay form your bills because they know themselves

Nigeria didn't need only Prepaid Meter they also needs the fear of God almost everybody av bypassed the said prepared meter cos dey still want more cheap electricity the worst part even Pastors and Imam are doing it...

People now bypass meter and still brag about it..

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by randymirrors(f): 3:49am On Jun 12, 2023
GeneralPula:

I wonder why island don’t seem to enjoy light..

He didn't state the part of island he's in. Lekki dey get light steady now since beginning of this year.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by richeeyo(m): 3:51am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol... N200/kwhr rate loading. By the time they do those their wuruwuru PPP and inflate cost, Lagosians will be lucky to get N200/unit.
igbos
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Joseph1063: 4:11am On Jun 12, 2023
I was actually surprised, we used over 23hrs light yesterday.. till now light dey.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Passionate1(m): 5:01am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

You're just a joker When they finally get it right and the rate is 200N per unit you can disconnect ursef and be using Gen since you're looking for a Cheap electricity....

Una want 247 electricity buh don't want to pay for the cost....

Na una type dey go bypass Prepaid Meter nd still av mouth to abuse the Govt of been corrupt...

No mind dem! I remember when Naija Govt. Contact Germans to help dem out. .Germans say Naija no fit pay. .e get why! It doesn't come cheap. .

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by dappydozzy(m): 5:12am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol... N200/kwhr rate loading. By the time they do those their wuruwuru PPP and inflate cost, Lagosians will be lucky to get N200/unit.

As a business person, you wont mind the cost, if the energy is constant and efficient

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Nawttiboi007(m): 5:38am On Jun 12, 2023
Which point exactly u make for here now?... make dem know say u dey island abi how?... Ajah sef go dey claim island mtchewwwww
Abudu2000:
We on the island are suffering of light infact generator sound want to deafen person here. Anyways they should supply those mainlanders more coz they need it.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Dzzzz: 5:55am On Jun 12, 2023
StJohnKml:

You want it free of charge na, since that's how they do in your developed village.

Even people abroad complain of tax but they can see value for the taxes.

Value won't come free of charge my dear.
...*people in abroad* are you daft?..Do people in abroad earn 30k per month..Power holding is dishing out 40k per month as light bill and you think it’s alright?..I salute your stupidity...You say people abroad see value for their taxes!..Oh so you just started paying tax today?..
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Love56743: 5:55am On Jun 12, 2023
Nice development, Nigerians too dey complain, sometimes i don't blame the government i blame the citizens majority of the people complaining about the cost hasn't traveled abroad before that's while, my house rent and light bill for the month is 400k converted to Nigeria monthly
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by bakol: 5:58am On Jun 12, 2023
Which of the UK that increased minimum wage?

Junior Doctors, Nurses, Teachers, and Railway workers in the UK all have been going on strike since last year because of wage issue and government has not been responding to their demands.

Some Nigerians like to lament unnecessarily.

During the winter, electricity bill went as high as over 200% increase from what it used to be. It is now left for you to manage the usage of the energy based on your financial ability.

Regular electricity doesn't come cheap anywhere.

[q1uote author=tegrianonigltd post=123733008]

The government need to cut the cloth to size. Let the poor breathe. Increase minimum wage. Uk increase last year, did this year, in midst of inflation and all, just to improve life a bit.

You can’t do all these and pay 30k for minimum wage. Make them sleep for gutter?[/quote]
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by BelovedofLord: 5:59am On Jun 12, 2023
Saao:
Maybe only ikoyi, VI, lekki phase one because me in Greenland estate ajah, I haven't had 2/power in 24 hours.

Advice your ESTATE, to engage us for our services!
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Passionnfruit(f): 6:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Fingers crossed.
Funny, BAT might actually deliver on all grounds.

Ajah especially needs that electricity. Power supply over there is practically nonexistent.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by ghiloman28(m): 6:06am On Jun 12, 2023
It is achievable For my area over 9days now been have light more than 23hrs.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by loswhite(m): 6:19am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
It seems most of you prefer to use Generator to run your homes. The problem of this country is the citizens. If you travel to UK you will be screaming UK have constant Electricity and you will gladly pay the bill....lol. But in Nigeria you one to spend 3k for 1 months...lol

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by loswhite(m): 6:27am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

Doz people are Joker's abg no take dem serious Ghana even Tax derr Electricity Alot you will see all the break down in ur bill...

Them go comot street light fee

Power line fee

All this Jargons u dy house u no dey house for the whole month u will pay all this charges...

If u like travel for a whole Year you will pay all this fees monthly and if you didn't pay it will keep piling up dy won't add any consumption money cause you didn't use any electricity for the whole month since you're not around but You see Doz Charges of street light, Power line and others you will surely see them.....

Nigerians want 247 light buh if they bring the cost and start telling them to pay dey will still complain....

Electricity never cost finish na bypassing of Meter left and right everywhere....
Stop telling lies about Ghana. Electricity is not cheap in Ghana no mean say you go start to add sugar and salt put. I was resident in Ghana all this things you wrote are lies.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by MikeMicheal(m): 6:28am On Jun 12, 2023
loswhite:
It seems most of you prefer to use Generator to run your homes. The problem of this country is the citizens. If you travel to UK you will be screaming UK have constant Electricity and you will gladly pay the bill....lol. But in Nigeria you one to spend 3k for 1 months...lol
How much is the minimum wage in UK?
Pay Nigerians that and they can afford what UK residents pay for electricity.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Abudu2000(m): 6:31am On Jun 12, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Which point exactly u make for here now?... make dem know say u dey island abi how?... Ajah sef go dey claim island mtchewwwww
lol and wetin ajah come be before? Why not come and get a land there before you start bragging.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Kay25(m): 6:33am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Abegi everything is not good in your eyes if we pay more and u have it the light constantly is it not better?
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by atobs4real(m): 6:36am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Evil comments.
We want the best and it comes with big price
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by dododawa1: 6:37am On Jun 12, 2023
IJEGUN, ISHERI OSUN, and IKOTUN headquarter of DARKNESS zone of lagos state.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by BlackKafka: 6:37am On Jun 12, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

Imagine paying 50,000 a month on a salary of 30,000 a month or let me say 10,000 a month

Doesn’t work that way. The standard of living should reflect

Simply consume what you can afford. Limit your use to 2 energy saving bulbs, 1 fan, and not more than 4 hours of TV use in a day. If you visit U.K, and see how they para over electricity usage, you would better understand.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by jydeskill1(m): 6:43am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Children of Lamentation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Think Atiku May Win This Election. / Tam David-West Tells Jonathan "Look For Shoes Quickly And Go Back To Otuoke” / United Labour Congress Commences Strike Nationwide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.