Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,443 members, 7,823,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents (33172 Views)

NERC To Nigerians: Expect Improved Electricity Supply From July 1 / Electricity Hike: Customers Without 12-Hour Supply Daily Exempted – NERC / Water Transportation: Lagos Targets 1m Passengers Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by loswhite(m): 6:43am On Jun 12, 2023
emnite:
You want us to finish our money on electricity abi?
No finish it on Generator.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by loswhite(m): 6:44am On Jun 12, 2023
seunayeni:
Honestly, it's a Laudable proposal and I hope it is sustained eventually.However, what about states like Ekiti, Osun, Adamawa, Ebonyi etc who probably do not have the Financial Strength and laid down Blueprints like Lagos for Power Generation nko....these states go come dey look Lagos like London grin...abeg make them do the check and balance well so that all other states can be carried along.
They have Elected leaders.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by inoki247: 6:46am On Jun 12, 2023
loswhite:
Stop telling lies about Ghana. Electricity is not cheap in Ghana no mean say you go start to add sugar and salt put. I was resident in Ghana all this things you wrote are lies.

You people think everybody are like you who lie for fun...

I can show you an example of derr bill with numerous charges....
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by loswhite(m): 6:49am On Jun 12, 2023
JetStar:

The major reason why electricity is failing in Nigeria is that people want it, but they cannot afford to pay super high rates and you can't blame them that much. Nigerian workers don't earn much to be able to afford N200/KWh electricity. If they could, many people would be able to run petrol generators 24/7 without much conplain when the price was about N250. Don't say it's pessimism. It's just one of the uncomfortable realities plaging Nigeria.
Do you know what it takes to run gen 24/7 @ 250 naira? Even someone that earns much will complain bitterly. A tank of Average Generator is 15 litres. 250×15= 3750 and that will take you maximum of 15hrs which is less than a day. Please don't come and type nonsense again i take God beg you.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by loswhite(m): 6:50am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

please show it.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by loswhite(m): 6:51am On Jun 12, 2023
MikeMicheal:
How much is the minimum wage in UK?
Pay Nigerians that and they can afford what UK residents pay for electricity.
How much is your house rent for a year in Nigeria? Let's start from there.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Thewesterner(m): 6:54am On Jun 12, 2023
RockHard:

Awon pessimists tun ti de. Una must sha find a reason to lament and complain, even before the initiative kicks off. Guy, you'll always have alternatives; you can simply fuel your gen and use that instead if you feel the cost of steady electricity is too much for you or better still remain in darkness while those that value the development pay for it in peace, I'm sure nobody will beat you.

If Una go Ghana Una go say they better pass Nigeria because of their (very expensive) relatively stable electricity. Nigeria is gradually moving in the direction of providing stable electricity but the perpetual pessimists and wailers would have none of that. They must always find cause to wail.
He can as well go back to his home state to enjoy relatively stable and cheap power at #5/unit

3 Likes

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Pityoobi: 6:55am On Jun 12, 2023
RockHard:

Awon pessimists tun ti de. Una must sha find a reason to lament and complain, even before the initiative kicks off. Guy, you'll always have alternatives; you can simply fuel your gen and use that instead if you feel the cost of steady electricity is too much for you or better still remain in darkness while those that value the development pay for it in peace, I'm sure nobody will beat you.

If Una go Ghana Una go say they better pass Nigeria because of their (very expensive) relatively stable electricity. Nigeria is gradually moving in the direction of providing stable electricity but the perpetual pessimists and wailers would have none of that. They must always find cause to wail.
You know what kvetching means? All obidients are bunch of kvetching ingrates that doesn't deserve to be referred to as Nigerians but Biafrans.

Imagine, Biafrans have been fighting to have a country not bigger than Oyo state as their own since Independence, yet Yorubas and Hausas have been preventing them from committing economic suicide, even though they have cultural link in more than 10 west African states...with more reasons to break up Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Nawttiboi007(m): 6:57am On Jun 12, 2023
U dey inside Bus dey form Boss... from mainland I go don reach VI or ikoyi 2hrs be4 u wey dey come from ur Ajah reach there, u sey na island u dey
Abudu2000:
lol and wetin ajah come be before? Why not come and get a land there before you start bragging.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Nawttiboi007(m): 6:58am On Jun 12, 2023
Oya show it
inoki247:

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Ebubu2: 6:58am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol... N200/kwhr rate loading. By the time they do those their wuruwuru PPP and inflate cost, Lagosians will be lucky to get N200/unit.
stop complaining. Go to Uk see how much they pay for stable electricity
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by inoki247: 6:59am On Jun 12, 2023
loswhite:
please show it.

What's this in my old bill of 2022 when the tariff was still low not now sef that the tariff as gone up....

Haven't been around for long and every month ECG brings me at least 10 to 15cedis monthly cause of all this numerous charges.....

They're not charging me for any electricity right now but all this Taxation and diffrent charges are still coming in....

And I do pay dem online from my ECG app....

You might be using Prepaid that's why you don't know you pay some tax and charges buh if u use Postpaid u will see all the breakdown.....

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by inoki247: 7:01am On Jun 12, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
Oya show it

What's this in my old bill of 2022 when the tariff was still low not now sef that the tariff as gone up....

Haven't been around for long and every month ECG brings me at least 10 to 15cedis monthly cause of all this numerous charges.....

They're not charging me for any electricity right now but all this Taxation and diffrent charges are still coming in....

And I do pay dem online from my ECG app....

You might be using Prepaid that's why you don't know you pay some tax and charges buh if u use Postpaid u will see all the breakdown.....

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Honestfrend: 7:03am On Jun 12, 2023
Which Lagos... Shay no b d same Lagos wen I dey stay ni.

This people should tell me something else.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Brown2012: 7:03am On Jun 12, 2023
EcoBrick:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/06/improved-electricity-lagos-targets-20hrs-power-supply-daily-to-residents/
BEDC is the biggest fraud that ever happened to Delta state and Mr Sheriff the governor has to replace them or call them to order, especially in Asaba we can't boast of 20hrs of power supply in a full week, some days you don't even see light, like it's so absurd, they only generate the light for the rich and industries and named it 33line were bills a month are from like 75k - 1m.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Abudu2000(m): 7:04am On Jun 12, 2023
Nawttiboi007:
U dey inside Bus dey form Boss... from mainland I go don reach VI or ikoyi 2hrs be4 u wey dey come from ur Ajah reach there, u sey na island u dey
then why e dey pain you for body 🤣🤣🤣 i live in a well popular estate and it will set you back over 400m to own a home there.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by justmi1: 7:09am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Lol... N200/kwhr rate loading. By the time they do those their wuruwuru PPP and inflate cost, Lagosians will be lucky to get N200/unit.
still far better than using generators

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Nawttiboi007(m): 7:10am On Jun 12, 2023
As u sabi my status na... na dis mouth shaaa... online Dangote.. and if dem check u now, u no balance..

Popular estate and generator wan block ur ear 🤣🤣🤣 this nairaland sef ehn na cruise
Abudu2000:
then why e dey pain you for body 🤣🤣🤣 i live in a well popular estate and it will set you back over 400m to own a home there.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by dyera(m): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2023
inoki247:

Doz people are Joker's abg no take dem serious Ghana even Tax derr Electricity Alot you will see all the break down in ur bill...

Them go comot street light fee

Power line fee

All this Jargons u dy house u no dey house for the whole month u will pay all this charges...

If u like travel for a whole Year you will pay all this fees monthly and if you didn't pay it will keep piling up dy won't add any consumption money cause you didn't use any electricity for the whole month since you're not around but You see Doz Charges of street light, Power line and others you will surely see them.....

Nigerians want 247 light buh if they bring the cost and start telling them to pay dey will still complain....

Electricity never cost finish na bypassing of Meter left and right everywhere....

Giving 24 hours electricity without reduction of poverty, increase in salary / minimum wage among the populace will be good for businesses, but not too beneficial to individual household. It will be like giving generator to every household, majority of them will not be able to use it for more than six hours daily with how expensive fuel is.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Babastrong(m): 7:11am On Jun 12, 2023
[quote author=CodeTemplar post=123728531]Lol... N200/kwhr rate loading. By the time they do those their wuruwuru PPP and inflate cost, Lagosians will be lucky to get N200/unit. [our*prayer*is*abundant*wealth*and*general*circulation*of*wealth.*we*don't*care*about*the*cost.]
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 12, 2023
Other States will not start working on power now, very soon they will say Lagos is their problem.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by CodeTemplar: 7:14am On Jun 12, 2023
loswhite:
It seems most of you prefer to use Generator to run your homes. The problem of this country is the citizens. If you travel to UK you will be screaming UK have constant Electricity and you will gladly pay the bill....lol. But in Nigeria you one to spend 3k for 1 months...lol
use India instead of UK. Now compare.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by inoki247: 7:16am On Jun 12, 2023
dyera:

Giving 24 hours electricity without reduction of poverty, increase in salary / minimum wage among the populace will be good for businesses, but not too beneficial to individual household. It will be like giving generator to every household, majority of them will not be able to use it for more than six hours daily with how expensive fuel is.

Then you start reducing your electricity to all this energy saver of 5 watt bulb and only Fan..

If you can afford to fuel your Gen when Fuel was at 180 then you can afford any tariff they bring...

People even do it now anything that consume light people don't use it with dere prepaid buh people that can afford the charges don't mind they will use it...
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by OkukoIgbo: 7:17am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:

How much is it now sir,
If it can me steady many people won't mind, electric power seems to be one of the basic things for business to survive.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by enemachris(m): 7:18am On Jun 12, 2023
They are really trying currently. I pray they continue this way. Continuity is key.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Lanretoye(m): 7:19am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
unfortunate never see good people of miserable life.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by theredaddy: 7:20am On Jun 12, 2023
tegrianonigltd:

Imagine paying 50,000 a month on a salary of 30,000 a month or let me say 10,000 a month

Doesn’t work that way. The standard of living should reflect

You people just talk without much reasoning, someone that earns 30k per month can not possibly have a gadget or appliances that will consume what will cost him 10k bill a month, unlike estimated bill you are in charge here,

if you own a prepaid meter you can control your consumption to fit into your budget by regulating what you use in your homes
Nigerians should learn how to throttle what they consume, schedule how you use your home appliance, don't just ON everything down, for instance, the atmosphere is cold you can do without AC/Fan or ice cold water, use some appliances only when the need arise

You can control how much you consume by switching to low-energy appliances, Nigerians just need to evolve into urban

1 Like

Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by Web2020: 7:21am On Jun 12, 2023
Can't they just do it? Why are they shouting about what they may not do?

Some of you in this country have still not tired of propaganda and suffering. The politicians, through their propaganda machines, tell people what they want to hear but fail to do what they want. You see nothing wrong so long he is from Yoruba
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by clockwisereport: 7:23am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:

Electricity is not a cheap commodity bro.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by nedekid: 7:29am On Jun 12, 2023
CodeTemplar:
Oga morning.
As said months ago, in my place, I have been paying 210 per unit all these while. Though it is 24hrs electricity as the premises utilises, both HD ie transformer and generators. Omo 210! 10k for 46 units, 5k for 23!
You turn on 1 Ac, fridge and freezer and watch 5k go daily. Lol.
I had to, apply for ikedc Meter ohh, despite protest from the facility managemet. ₦69 per unit. Installed last week. Meenn, you cannot imagine the relief . ₦7k for 100 units!
What even make me write this is that Supprisenly, the electricity is at least 23h daily! For the last 3 days it has not gone off for 1 minute!
Walai, the light is 24h. You do not need generators.
Meanwhile, I was informed that they increased the ikedc charges codedly from ₦50 to 69 recently.
Re: Improved Electricity: Lagos Targets 20hrs Power Supply Daily To Residents by InlandTaipan84(m): 7:32am On Jun 12, 2023
In East Asia with similar income levels to southern Nigeria, electricity is cheap relatively between $0.07 to $0.15/kWh without any subsidy. Stop using US and UK when giving examples relative to Nigeria.
Femmyfamous4u:

Make the light dey first. People go to the US/UK with uninterrupted power supply. Do you think it comes cheap?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Military Arrests Aljazeera Journalists / Kogi Overtook Lagos Because Yahaya Bello Refused To Lockdown - Opinion / Senator Adeleke's Autopsy Report Reveals High Levels Of Alcohol And Banned Drugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.