Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,793 members, 7,827,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. (30380 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Emmypure: 12:30pm On Jun 13, 2023
See the rush that you are bad mouthing

2 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by ednut1(m): 1:36pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

Of recent, Don Jazzy is not managing his signees well.

He has a number of fantastic artists, but most of them sing nonsense!

Look at Boy Spyce for example.

"Acrobatic, aromatic, systematic..."

What the hell is that?!

Just when I thought I had heard enough, dude comes out in a feature to sing something lamer.

"Carry me go where I no know, burst by bololo".

You spent months grooming your signees, only for them to release music that sounds like they recorded it under the influence of inferior alcohol, "shersee".

Look at Bayanna. You give her tatata, really? That's supposed to be a song?

I used to be so much in love with Arya Star.

Her Samaritan song was world class! Everybody around the world vibed to it.

Then, she released Rush. I was like, this is not Arya's style, but maybe, just maybe. I mean, her voice was everything, but you could tell it wasn't her singing.

All of a sudden, Don Jazzy turned my posh Arya Star into a full fledged agbero and got her screaming, "I go make you no dada, music sweet pass Amala Ketu".

I just lost hope after that.

I don't even want to talk about Rema.

This set of signees are the worst so far, not because they are not good artists, but because it seems Don Jazzy has given into the pressure of Nigerian mainstream media where "nonsense" sells.

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.

name two record labels in the last 10 years that has consistently made upcoming artists into stars asides olamide and don jazzy . You think say he easy The whole world listen to reggae without understanding the lyrics why should nigeria own be different. You are just a hater the artists are getting views, streaming and getting shows. Your opinion is irrelevant

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by IkeIgboNiile(m): 1:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
GODPUNISHALABI
in the Nigerian music scene now there is a type of music that have a very strong international appeal ,which chike is not doing,he should learn from ckay victony and others.. that chike songs na only naija him go blow, if he is serious he should go the afro pop way,....before the markets were lagos alone, but ckay burna omah lay victony has shown you don't need lagos u just need international appeal and the world would stream ur songs and nigeria will bow at ur feet

That's the problem about being under a record label. You can't dictate the direction your career goes. The record executives are the ones that determine the direction and focus of their artists.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by xesehe: 2:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
Pele ohh, manage am 4 am
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Ogeeriga(m): 2:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Do nairaland pay for comment?. Because the way people rush to comment, it's like there is numeration involved

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by GeneralPula: 2:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
@RTID, Ruger nko?
Ruger
Rema

Both are not in Mavins! They’re in Jonzing World records - a record label own by Dprince!
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Oakenshield: 2:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
Very true

Nigeria artist good is singing trash
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Rebuke: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
Good one OP! I can't explain the level of irritation I feel when ever and anywhere their songs are played.

These days I listen to Radio alot and I get to hear some of the rubbish played and I am like what the heck!

Profanity upon profanity. Dirty lyrics all through.....no meaningful lyrics at all, just some gibberish.

Will yhu even blame them? I only blame those individuals playing those songs and hyping them. Even though I am a lover of music, I will never allow any of those shitty song on my phone , never!

The only way I will get to hear them is when I listen to the radio.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Johnkie: 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
How often do you Stream Johnny Drille or you’ve forgotten he’s affiliated to Don Jazzy?

2 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by udemzyudex(m): 2:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
Very funny post.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Truthshscrazy: 2:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
OP release your own music let us compare notes
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by DSoj(m): 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Who ever wrote this piece of garbage is a never do well slowpoke.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by cuteralph101(m): 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Just when I thought I had heard enough, dude comes out in a feature to sing something lamer.

You spent months grooming your signees, only for them to release music that sounds like they recorded it under the influence of inferior alcohol, "shersee".

Then, she released Rush. I was like, this is not Arya's style, but maybe, just maybe. I mean, her voice was everything, but you could tell it wasn't her singing.

All of a sudden, Don Jazzy turned my posh Arya Star into a full fledged agbero and got her screaming, "I go make you no dada, music sweet pass Amala Ketu".

This set of signees are the worst so far, not because they are not good artists, but because it seems Don Jazzy has given into the pressure of Nigerian mainstream media where "nonsense" sells.

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.

Bloody clown...music is business if u don't like it stream and promote johnny drille
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by mjuvey3: 2:53pm On Jun 13, 2023
Lol....Why single out Don Jazzy?

The whole music industry in Nigeria is a joke.

Is it the Poor lyrics, Stereotyped videos shot by the overrated TG Omori or their autotuned voice?

If the music ain't from the 80's or 90's ,I ain't down with it.

Imagine someone like me listening to Wizkid or Davido when Prolific artists like New Edition,Boyz II men, Jodeci,The Notorious BIG,2pac Shakur,Nas etc still got immortal hits.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by LZAA: 2:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
Errr you Nigerians need to understand this
Tuface,wizkid,timaya and runtown aside most Nigerian artists buy songs written by songwriters
Globally apart from your first one or two songs,most artistes do the same
Management of artistes is another matter
When Nigerian upcoming artistes and fans understand this, the industry will grow
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by LZAA: 2:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
ednut1:
name two record labels in the last 10 years that has consistently made upcoming artists into stars asides olamide and don jazzy . You think say he easy The whole world listen to reggae without understanding the lyrics why should nigeria own be different. You are just a hater the artists are getting views, streaming and getting shows. Your opinion is irrelevant
And who told you the world doesn’t understand patois😄😄😄
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 2:56pm On Jun 13, 2023
Jazzy has relaxed!

The zeal has died down.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by designbabe: 2:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
Rema has the most viewed music video in Nigeria's history. So much for Don Jazzy poor management.
Hit me up for logos anyway.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by victorVIC1(m): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Poor men are very wise at helping rich men manage their wealth with their poverty mindset.

Rich men are helping the poor men to be useful by using them for a profit.

The rich are called fools by the poor but the poor are serving the rich.

Who is the fool?

Op be wise

This is because it's easier said than done. When the mantle is eventually placed on them, they come to the realisation that it's not that easy and then chicken out.

Same way some co-travelers drive the car with their mouth. When you say make them take over the steering, their mind go fail them

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Badguy77(m): 2:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
Keep your opinion to yourself
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by damkin24(m): 2:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Please can we have your own version of correct music to compare if they really sang thrash according to your analysis.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
Infolenka:
Stupid opinion. Broke useless fool giving unsolicited advice to a millionaire. Lol.

The songs you are calling "nonsense" have made more money on online stores than you and your generation will ever make.

Instead of you to make money, you are here talking trash about people that are making millions every week

It is always the poor people that know how to give advice pass. grin grin

Since you are a musical genius, why don't you make your own sensible songs or find talented artistes to manage better than donjazzy? Mumu man.

Rema recently broke the record for most streamed song by an African. His song was on billboard top 10 for weeks; Rema is managed by the same Donjazzy you are talking trash about

Arya starr's song Rush was performed by the United States army and still making raves across the world. The same Arya Starr is managed by Donjazzy

You are just a jobless broke fool.

why are you taking this personal?
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by iReddington: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2023
Lol, unpopular opinion or you're trying to be noticed, those songs are doing pretty well on charts and streams, they are massive commercial contents. So rest...

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Philanderboy(m): 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
@RTID, Ruger nko?

Ruger nah Jonzing nah
He and Rema but Rema was signed through Mavins
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jun 13, 2023
Your opinion is nonsensical.

He's not managing his signees well and currently Rema is breaking global records on all fronts?

Some of you just sit at home and feel because you can afford cheap data that gives you access to free downloads, you've automatically attained a knowledgeable stand to dictate to people how to run their business models.

Seeing how you're ultimately versed in the Art of music, you shouldn't hesitate to write and produce world class songs that will put you on global maps and world history. Classic example of how poor people end up having the most opinions on issues.

Na people like you make Kaestyle sing "moving mad".
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by ednut1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 13, 2023
LZAA:

And who told you the world doesn’t understand patois😄😄😄
have you seen shaggy’s video- angel that went viral last month where they translated the patois. 99% of the people commenting including me were shocked at what he was really saying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Olo Mi' By Tosin Martins / Bright Chimezie Is Dead. / Best Nigerian Music Collabo Ever!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.