Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,135 members, 7,821,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. (30339 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Angelfrost(m): 4:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
mjuvey3:
Lol....Why single out Don Jazzy?

The whole music industry in Nigeria is a joke.

Is it the Poor lyrics, Stereotyped videos shot by the overrated TG Omori or their autotuned voice?

If the music ain't from the 80's or 90's ,I ain't down with it.

Imagine someone like me listening to Wizkid or Davido when Prolific artists like New Edition,Boyz II men, Jodeci,The Notorious BIG,2pac Shakur,Nas etc still got immortal hits.

You just entered my mind and downloaded my thoughts! grin

When I tell people such things, they begin to think I'm in my 50s! grin
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Dafresh: 4:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
Infolenka:
Stupid opinion. Broke useless fool giving unsolicited advice to a millionaire. Lol.

The songs you are calling "nonsense" have made more money on online stores than you and your generation will ever make.

Instead of you to make money, you are here talking trash about people that are making millions every week

It is always the poor people that know how to give advice pass. grin grin

Since you are a musical genius, why don't you make your own sensible songs or find talented artistes to manage better than donjazzy? Mumu man.

Rema recently broke the record for most streamed song by an African. His song was on billboard top 10 for weeks; Rema is managed by the same Donjazzy you are talking trash about

Arya starr's song Rush was performed by the United States army and still making raves across the world. The same Arya Starr is managed by Donjazzy

You are just a jobless broke fool.
Sir take it easy on him it's his personal opinion, the OP is talking about longevity of the songs not the money accept
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Electorate: 4:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

Of recent, Don Jazzy is not managing his signees well.

He has a number of fantastic artists, but most of them sing nonsense!

Look at Boy Spyce for example.

"Acrobatic, aromatic, systematic..."

What the hell is that?!

Just when I thought I had heard enough, dude comes out in a feature to sing something lamer.

"Carry me go where I no know, burst by bololo".

You spent months grooming your signees, only for them to release music that sounds like they recorded it under the influence of inferior alcohol, "shersee".

Look at Bayanna. You give her tatata, really? That's supposed to be a song?

I used to be so much in love with Arya Star.

Her Samaritan song was world class! Everybody around the world vibed to it.

Then, she released Rush. I was like, this is not Arya's style, but maybe, just maybe. I mean, her voice was everything, but you could tell it wasn't her singing.

All of a sudden, Don Jazzy turned my posh Arya Star into a full fledged agbero and got her screaming, "I go make you no dada, music sweet pass Amala Ketu".

I just lost hope after that.

I don't even want to talk about Rema.

This set of signees are the worst so far, not because they are not good artists, but because it seems Don Jazzy has given into the pressure of Nigerian mainstream media where "nonsense" sells.

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.

Oga judging from your post, you want them to sing in Queens English and sound posh abi? But they ain't doing music for few posh listeners like you they do music for the millions who want to hear street slangs in their songs.

BTW, amala ketu is actually the name of a place in ketu Lagos serving very nice hot amala and for Ayra Starr including this into her musical lyrics shows her loyalty to her roots and promoting Nigerian food. So, op shut the fvck up since you know nothing about Nigerian music business.

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Sirchigo4: 4:35pm On Jun 13, 2023
Op if u don't know wat to say, shut up. All of dem na top ballers for music industry and u are here saying rubbish. If u no like their songs dats ur business. We are vibing with it.

Don jazzy dey make people stars. Go and check all the people dat were under him in the past and also these present crew, dey are all known
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by treatise: 4:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Just when I thought I had heard enough, dude comes out in a feature to sing something lamer.

You spent months grooming your signees, only for them to release music that sounds like they recorded it under the influence of inferior alcohol, "shersee".

Then, she released Rush. I was like, this is not Arya's style, but maybe, just maybe. I mean, her voice was everything, but you could tell it wasn't her singing.

All of a sudden, Don Jazzy turned my posh Arya Star into a full fledged agbero and got her screaming, "I go make you no dada, music sweet pass Amala Ketu".

This set of signees are the worst so far, not because they are not good artists, but because it seems Don Jazzy has given into the pressure of Nigerian mainstream media where "nonsense" sells.

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.

Create/set up your label
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Bekboycrs: 4:58pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

go and help him and manage them na. Mumu talk
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by PotatoSalad(m): 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2023
Infolenka:
Stupid opinion. Broke useless fool giving unsolicited advice to a millionaire. Lol.

The songs you are calling "nonsense" have made more money on online stores than you and your generation will ever make.

Instead of you to make money, you are here talking trash about people that are making millions every week

It is always the poor people that know how to give advice pass. grin grin

Since you are a musical genius, why don't you make your own sensible songs or find talented artistes to manage better than donjazzy? Mumu man.

Rema recently broke the record for most streamed song by an African. His song was on billboard top 10 for weeks; Rema is managed by the same Donjazzy you are talking trash about

Arya starr's song Rush was performed by the United States army and still making raves across the world. The same Arya Starr is managed by Donjazzy

You are just a jobless broke fool.
A good song will keep you relevant for decades. A hit track without substance will only trend for few months then die away. You'll make money yes, but only for a short period.
Compare the longevity and relevance of all the songs released by rema with "Earth Song" by Michael Jackson released 28 years ago.
To license MJ's song in a film fit cost millions of dollars today. Can the same be said for Rema's?
You broke people are quick to bring up money whenever there's a discussion that requires constructive criticism. Are you that insecure?

3 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by kokorokoman: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2023
Blaksheep01:

I'm interested to buy.
i sent you a pm man.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Soulsymbol99: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
Remi is a no no for me .dude is wack. Sorry
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Padipadi(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Firstly, I blv Don Jazzy paid you or arranged this criticism to drive traffic to mavin. This isn't a nonsense song mainstream.
2ndly, what do you mean by Amala Ketu?
That's actually a street song and in the street, anything goes. All the tatata, systematic are street songs. What's your problem with that?
Are they writing songs to instill morals? Then you forgot John Drille that writes better among them hasn't gotten the public push needed. You no remember Drille?
So wetin you dey yarn here?
If na Meek Millz, Drake and all those american boys sing I hit her yansh, them go chop grammys and you sef mo go criticize.
See, no one is a local champion here. What you dint know about music is do what can sell for you. If your song no ger moral lesson, no wahala as long as you no promote drugs, prostitution, ritual or any negative thing.
Even your write up is being vetted by me and your score if 3/10. Na F9 you carry.
Lastly, I no sabi Don Jazzy papa or mama but defended him today cos I feel you this Talaka Till You Die (TTYD) instead of Rich Till I Die (RTID) is on cheap colos.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Ex0rrcist: 5:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Poor men are very wise at helping rich men manage their wealth with their poverty mindset.

Rich men are helping the poor men to be useful by using them for a profit.

The rich are called fools by the poor but the poor are serving the rich.

Who is the fool?

Op be wise
Everything doesn't have to be measured by the size of one's pocket. Your comment is disgusting 🤦‍♂️
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Bodmas06: 5:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
I remember the first day I listened to Rema new released saying "I get money pass your papa" I was like WTF is this song too?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Casham: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2023
I have always complained within me about exactly the same things You complained about. But I feel Nigerians will simply class me a 'hater' if I voice it out. So I just shut it. Ayra is obviously not singing ' Ayra' any more. Or probably, I was only overrating her; but I don't think so. Boy spyce and the other boy with dread are just going wack and wack by the day. And Rema, I don't even want to go there. But it is not my business though.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by RapportNaija(m): 6:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
It's actually the opposite!

Mavins is a powerhouse and they have internal data analytics that directs how their music should go...

So as someone already pointed out, they're making music to sell and make money - none of that good lyrics yap yap.

All of the artists on their label are doing well!
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Amayabor1: 6:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
Go find something meaningful to do with your life and stop looking for secular artistes to sing nice and inspirational songs for you.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by phemmyfour: 6:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Inferiority complex
Burna sings in pidgin and agbero dialect and it's going places
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Rickmann: 6:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
MetalJigsaw:
Bro majority of Nigerian artists are wack.

I miss those days- Eedris, Psquare, 2face, 9ice, J martins, Timaya, MI, should I go on?

Honestly.
I miss those days
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by viodemus: 7:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
you have a point.

Nigerian music standard has gone down a couple of notches, it is currently limping on one leg like the whole nation. No quality on anything except for a very few good to very good songs. Not many music dey run through the soul like before. na blab corky talk dey rain for them. we use to have some kind of humility in our songs but you go know say na whatz up people be this. Even wizkid been talk am then, "na we be bad guys, hmmm, fly guys, that special type of fine guys ......" Na that kana --- olamide and wizkid, that video throw things off, unnecessary violence. Wasn't needed.

make dem dey play, some people including people wey we financially and technically dey back, go soon dey release A.I afro music, we no need their voice for sampling. After that, na quantum music we go dey make. We like to stay ahead of the curve on good things and development.

Lovers and makers of music, sharpen your skills and improve your song value.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by eneyomike(m): 8:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
superCleanworks:
Noted by me. on behalf of Mavin records

You dey find talk abi? On behalf of Don jazzy, we don hear you
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Goldmaxx(f): 8:15pm On Jun 13, 2023
iReddington:
Lol, unpopular opinion or you're trying to be noticed, those songs are doing pretty well on charts and streams, they are massive commercial contents. So rest...
You're missing the point.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Goldmaxx(f): 8:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
Buddha3:
Your opinion is nonsensical.

He's not managing his signees well and currently Rema is breaking global records on all fronts?

Some of you just sit at home and feel because you can afford cheap data that gives you access to free downloads, you've automatically attained a knowledgeable stand to dictate to people how to run their business models.

Seeing how you're ultimately versed in the Art of music, you shouldn't hesitate to write and produce world class songs that will put you on global maps and world history. Classic example of how poor people end up having the most opinions on issues.

Na people like you make Kaestyle sing "moving mad".
So what's wrong with cheap data
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 13, 2023
Goldmaxx:
So what's wrong with cheap data

Nothing's wrong with cheap data. But everything is wrong with abusing the privilege of being able to afford and having cheap data.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Goldmaxx(f): 8:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
Buddha3:

Nothing's wrong with cheap data. But everything is wrong with abusing the privilege of being able to afford and having cheap data.
How's his opinion now an abuse?
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Goddyrichie(m): 8:31pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

na lie those that sing good music they’re song no Dey last what about Johnny drille na better music he Dey sing but na few people Dey vibe to it and e no Dey last that’s 9ja 4 u
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 13, 2023
Goldmaxx:
How's his opinion now an abuse?

I already stated how in my first comment, so please don't subject me to unnecessary repetitions.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Funflipper: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2023
Kelechi009:
Nairalanders always have something to say.

Rema has gone international and is the most accomplished artist in terms of streaming right now.

Don Jazzy is doing a great job.

Just one hit song "calm down" and that's it.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Goldmaxx(f): 8:46pm On Jun 13, 2023
Buddha3:

I already stated how in my first comment, so please don't subject me to unnecessary repetitions.
getaway with your correctness/self righteous zealotry.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by djkaneo(m): 9:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
Person wey en brother sing "Take Banana till you go yo". I no get strength this evening abeg.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
Goldmaxx:
getaway with your correctness/self righteous zealotry.

I'll ignore your repulsive insolence for reasons cumulative to my personal interest. But the next time you opt to engage me unintelligently on any thread, I'll disregard your gender and serve you what's properly deserved.

Do have a pleasant evening!
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by AfonjaPriest: 10:32pm On Jun 13, 2023
Sing shit and make the money. If anyone cares, it's your money, anyway.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by VULCAN(m): 10:49pm On Jun 13, 2023
The average African worships money.

That's why when you give them a job to do they are more focused on how much they can get out of it.

Those that made the Benin Bronzes and the like did not craft such for money but their work has lasted hundreds of years and is still attracting fans.

Many people had hits the same year that Elvis did but nobody remembers them today while people still travel to America just to go see Elvis's house.

Some people has bigger hits than Bob Marley yet they are completely forgotten while young musicians today who were born long after he died are still drawing inspiration from his work.

Michelangelo created work that has lasted for hundreds of years and sculptors are still struggling to match up to what he left behind.

Mediocrity is an African

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Olo Mi' By Tosin Martins / Bright Chimezie Is Dead. / Ariana Grande – We Can’t Be Friends (wait For Your Love) Mp3 Download & Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.