Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,849 members, 7,828,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. (30383 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by LifeOfTrigga(m): 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Small girl dey sing about make she take kpoli? Lol e go far
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Spiff20(m): 11:57pm On Jun 13, 2023
But seriously Rema is singing rubbish I guess there's something spiritual about his song that's why it's trending. But the guy de sing rubbish Sha.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by TechCapon(m): 12:09am On Jun 14, 2023
Infolenka:
Stupid opinion. Broke useless fool giving unsolicited advice to a millionaire. Lol.

The songs you are calling "nonsense" have made more money on online stores than you and your generation will ever make.

Instead of you to make money, you are here talking trash about people that are making millions every week

It is always the poor people that know how to give advice pass. grin grin

Since you are a musical genius, why don't you make your own sensible songs or find talented artistes to manage better than donjazzy? Mumu man.

Rema recently broke the record for most streamed song by an African. His song was on billboard top 10 for weeks; Rema is managed by the same Donjazzy you are talking trash about

Arya starr's song Rush was performed by the United States army and still making raves across the world. The same Arya Starr is managed by Donjazzy

You are just a jobless broke fool.
you're the fool here for insulting him. Just give your points and stop being a fool by insulting him. People like you have made this forum a toxic place
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by azimibraun: 7:02am On Jun 14, 2023
HarunaWest:
Why are some of you like this? The OP gave his opinion, if you don't have a superior argument, you jejely leave the thread instead you resort to insult. Don't you realize that what makes a good artiste is the quality of his/her music? Any small thing we talk about money. Do you know how many artistes have gone under cos their songs don't have content?
How many of the artist under Don Jazzy now can go on their own and be successful like Wande, Tiwa who are very conscious of their contents? You all know iw the answer to that.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by BackFromBalablu: 7:12am On Jun 14, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

Of recent, Don Jazzy is not managing his signees well.

He has a number of fantastic artists, but most of them sing nonsense!

Look at Boy Spyce for example.

"Acrobatic, aromatic, systematic..."

What the hell is that?!

Just when I thought I had heard enough, dude comes out in a feature to sing something lamer.

"Carry me go where I no know, burst by bololo".

You spent months grooming your signees, only for them to release music that sounds like they recorded it under the influence of inferior alcohol, "shersee".

Look at Bayanna. You give her tatata, really? That's supposed to be a song?

I used to be so much in love with Arya Star.

Her Samaritan song was world class! Everybody around the world vibed to it.

Then, she released Rush. I was like, this is not Arya's style, but maybe, just maybe. I mean, her voice was everything, but you could tell it wasn't her singing.

All of a sudden, Don Jazzy turned my posh Arya Star into a full fledged agbero and got her screaming, "I go make you no dada, music sweet pass Amala Ketu".

I just lost hope after that.

I don't even want to talk about Rema.

This set of signees are the worst so far, not because they are not good artists, but because it seems Don Jazzy has given into the pressure of Nigerian mainstream media where "nonsense" sells.

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.

I get the point you're trying to make.
Bt music is also about creativity, it almost like writing a poem that some sounds from the first line need to match the second.
Am a music writer and all this things comes into giving the music rythme. Listen to the rythme again from boyspyce and you'll get the flow from the matching sounds.
Though music is meant to pass out meaningful messages. Bt sometimes you just need to play a little with it and make everyone vibe to it's melody.
You seem to have forgotten NOBODY by Boyspyce. Listen to it and see how meaningful it was and the most amazing part was that he actually pun the lyrics in a way smiley
You might not like it, bt someone loves it.

Bt SOS Tems will always be my best african artiste because her songs sinks deep into my spirit, soul and body. She's just too unique for my liking smiley
Her rythme, her lyrics, her flow, her voice, her enigmatic vibe and the way she vocalises with her alto voice, (A+)
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by WhereMyLoud: 7:17am On Jun 14, 2023
kokorokoman:
i write great songs, make don jazzy come buy songs from me share give him boys.
Na so we dey hear next thing na "girl i go chop your amala without soup" "leave you in the toilet wen u wan poop" kind of lyrics
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Caseless: 7:44am On Jun 14, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Just when I thought I had heard enough, dude comes out in a feature to sing something lamer.

You spent months grooming your signees, only for them to release music that sounds like they recorded it under the influence of inferior alcohol, "shersee".

Then, she released Rush. I was like, this is not Arya's style, but maybe, just maybe. I mean, her voice was everything, but you could tell it wasn't her singing.

All of a sudden, Don Jazzy turned my posh Arya Star into a full fledged agbero and got her screaming, "I go make you no dada, music sweet pass Amala Ketu".

This set of signees are the worst so far, not because they are not good artists, but because it seems Don Jazzy has given into the pressure of Nigerian mainstream media where "nonsense" sells.

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.

you think it's easy to manage artistes and keep them in people's ears? Has he not kept johnny drille in his own lane? They're here to sell. No one listens to one music forever no matter how good it is. Don Jazzy is managing them well and that's why you're here to critique their work.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nemronstaks123: 8:54am On Jun 14, 2023
nairaland receives about 391,500 unique visitors and 2,740,500 (7.00 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $3,132.00/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is$2,009,562.21.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by imustsaymymindo: 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2023
Music is not poetry. So lyrics are not all there is.

What matters most in music is the feel created by delivery - how the song can bring the right emotions out of you. The feel. How it makes you feel.

When you listen to a song in a language you don't understand, or listen to a genre you are unfamiliar with, or even a song with no lyrics or just one word, and it still makes you feel good and targets the right emotion - then you'd understand music is mainly about the feel.

And the best way to express how you feel is by freestyling, delivering the way it comes off your head with no restraint, or better still with the influence of something strong, which is what most of these guys do.

If you want to fail as a musician, don't be a good freestyler.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by grandstar(m): 8:05pm On Jun 14, 2023
RTID

Omo, these guys are not singing Soprano for an opera.

They sing what people love and that's what matters.

Bursta Rhymes songs made no sense but people loved them. You listen to these songs to enjoy yourself and not use them sit for your PhD.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by skydancer: 2:33pm On Dec 23, 2023
There's a reason singing is categorized under 'entertainment' not productivity or social cause. You still remember Awilo lokomba or have you forgotten it? Not that your proposal is impossible, MJ is one of the rarest talents that figured out how to combine everything, but it took a whole lot out of him, kinda took his life.

RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

'Olo Mi' By Tosin Martins / Bright Chimezie Is Dead. / Best Nigerian Music Collabo Ever!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.