Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,931 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. (30267 Views)

Nigeria Musicians Will Forever Be Indebted To Wizkid And Davido For This>opinion / Nigeria Musicians Who Couldn't Handle Fame (opinion) / Top 5 Most Underrated Artist In Nigeria (opinion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by RTID: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2023
Unpopular Opinion.

Of recent, Don Jazzy is not managing his signees well.

He has a number of fantastic artists, but most of them sing nonsense!

Look at Boy Spyce for example.

"Acrobatic, aromatic, systematic..."

What the hell is that?!

Just when I thought I had heard enough, dude comes out in a feature to sing something lamer.

"Carry me go where I no know, burst by bololo".

You spent months grooming your signees, only for them to release music that sounds like they recorded it under the influence of inferior alcohol, "shersee".

Look at Bayanna. You give her tatata, really? That's supposed to be a song?

I used to be so much in love with Arya Star.

Her Samaritan song was world class! Everybody around the world vibed to it.

Then, she released Rush. I was like, this is not Arya's style, but maybe, just maybe. I mean, her voice was everything, but you could tell it wasn't her singing.

All of a sudden, Don Jazzy turned my posh Arya Star into a full fledged agbero and got her screaming, "I go make you no dada, music sweet pass Amala Ketu".

I just lost hope after that.

I don't even want to talk about Rema.

This set of signees are the worst so far, not because they are not good artists, but because it seems Don Jazzy has given into the pressure of Nigerian mainstream media where "nonsense" sells.

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.

92 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by superCleanworks(m): 7:57pm On Jun 12, 2023
Noted by me. on behalf of Mavin records

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by skj1377(m): 8:31pm On Jun 12, 2023
It's not what you like but what sells. Besides, he has a bunch of song writers I guess they probably wrote those songs. Everyone is trying to make hits anywhichway

118 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by kokorokoman: 9:26pm On Jun 12, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Just when I thought I had heard enough, dude comes out in a feature to sing something lamer.

You spent months grooming your signees, only for them to release music that sounds like they recorded it under the influence of inferior alcohol, "shersee".

Then, she released Rush. I was like, this is not Arya's style, but maybe, just maybe. I mean, her voice was everything, but you could tell it wasn't her singing.

All of a sudden, Don Jazzy turned my posh Arya Star into a full fledged agbero and got her screaming, "I go make you no dada, music sweet pass Amala Ketu".

This set of signees are the worst so far, not because they are not good artists, but because it seems Don Jazzy has given into the pressure of Nigerian mainstream media where "nonsense" sells.

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.

i write great songs, make don jazzy come buy songs from me share give him boys.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by helinues: 9:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Hahahaha

Tiwa is the baddest African female artist, Rema is doing fantastically well.

How many music Nigeria producers have been able to manage artists like The Don , Don Jazzy in Nigeria? Olamide is the closest

100 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by MechanicMike: 9:34pm On Jun 12, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

But he should understand that songs like Amala Ketu can only reign for a short while and the song will be forgotten sooner than it reigned.o

angry

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by MechanicMike: 9:36pm On Jun 12, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Brother man....our .romanse section is strictly for chassin womens....so how does this story help any man chase women I beg??......juss askin!!((no oofencssece)) angry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Yugoslavia247(m): 11:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
Poor men are very wise at helping rich men manage their wealth with their poverty mindset.

Rich men are helping the poor men to be useful by using them for a profit.

The rich are called fools by the poor but the poor are serving the rich.

Who is the fool?

Op be wise

163 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by GeneralPula: 11:20pm On Jun 12, 2023
People wey full Mavins no too get talent..

Don baba no fit dey waste money nah..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Kelechi009: 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2023
Nairalanders always have something to say.

Rema has gone international and is the most accomplished artist in terms of streaming right now.

Don Jazzy is doing a great job.

RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by stanvesco(m): 11:42pm On Jun 12, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

But all these songs na hit songs na.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jun 12, 2023
To be successful in the music business u have to be good with music itself and the business in the music. Don jazzy is good with music production which is his own expression of the art and the business side. Staying relevant and selling records is why they stay up all night in the studio recording while ur snoring in lala land. Wether u like it or not, it sells and appeals to people. If them no get target audience to supply Jazzy for done fold... so I believe he's doing a good job so far

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 11:46pm On Jun 12, 2023
stanvesco:

But all these songs na hit songs na.
Leave that guy... Maybe him want make mavin dey bring out Indian songs before him go gree

23 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Infolenka: 11:55pm On Jun 12, 2023
Stupid opinion. Broke useless fool giving unsolicited advice to a millionaire. Lol.

The songs you are calling "nonsense" have made more money on online stores than you and your generation will ever make.

Instead of you to make money, you are here talking trash about people that are making millions every week

It is always the poor people that know how to give advice pass. grin grin

Since you are a musical genius, why don't you make your own sensible songs or find talented artistes to manage better than donjazzy? Mumu man.

Rema recently broke the record for most streamed song by an African. His song was on billboard top 10 for weeks; Rema is managed by the same Donjazzy you are talking trash about

Arya starr's song Rush was performed by the United States army and still making raves across the world. The same Arya Starr is managed by Donjazzy

You are just a jobless broke fool.

57 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by TERMlNATOR(m): 3:41am On Jun 13, 2023
@RTID, Ruger nko?
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by HarunaWest(m): 5:07am On Jun 13, 2023
Infolenka:
Stupid opinion. Broke useless fool giving unsolicited advice to a millionaire. Lol.

The songs you are calling "nonsense" have made more money on online stores than you and your generation will ever make.

Instead of you to make money, you are here talking trash about people that are making millions every week

It is always the poor people that know how to give advice pass. grin grin

Since you are a musical genius, why don't you make your own sensible songs or find talented artistes to manage better than donjazzy? Mumu man.

Rema recently broke the record for most streamed song by an African. His song was on billboard top 10 for weeks; Rema is managed by the same Donjazzy you are talking trash about

Arya starr's song Rush was performed by the United States army and still making raves across the world. The same Arya Starr is managed by Donjazzy

You are just a jobless broke fool.
Why are some of you like this? The OP gave his opinion, if you don't have a superior argument, you jejely leave the thread instead you resort to insult. Don't you realize that what makes a good artiste is the quality of his/her music? Any small thing we talk about money. Do you know how many artistes have gone under cos their songs don't have content?

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by ruggedtimi(m): 8:18am On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

you know where "rush" carry Arya star reach?

2 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by skj1377(m): 9:08am On Jun 13, 2023
The people the songs are targeted at are not quality people and as such will not appreciate quality music. People singing quality music will never blow or even hit. It's trash music that sells and don jazzy needs to pay salaries and other overhead.
HarunaWest:
Why are some of you like this? The OP gave his opinion, if you don't have a superior argument, you jejely leave the thread instead you resort to insult. Don't you realize that what makes a good artiste is the quality of his/her music? Any small thing we talk about money. Do you know how many artistes have gone under cos their songs don't have content?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by skj1377(m): 9:11am On Jun 13, 2023
Besides, did you not hear don jazzy voice in the song about "" how are you my friend "" is that not a lovely song. We all know what is good but people are ready to pay for trashy music and he needs their money.

16 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by IkeIgboNiile(m): 9:29am On Jun 13, 2023
I noticed his artists lack longevity. Max is 5 years and they go into oblivion.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Meerahbel: 9:33am On Jun 13, 2023
The reason he diverted onto burger business.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by skj1377(m): 9:39am On Jun 13, 2023
This is because they either left him or he asked them to go. Besides these artists did not put in enough personal effort to keep themselves in the pedestal they were with him. You need to see the effort Dbanj is making to remain relevant .
IkeIgboNiile:

4 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by siofra(f): 10:34am On Jun 13, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:

So Tiwa Savage has been relevant for only 5 years

Sir, are you okay at all?

Meanwhile Chike is so underrated. He's the best musician in Nigeria. His lyrics and melodies are top notch.

I mean check out the lyrics to this masterpiece, Enough.

You think you need something new
But I know that that’s not true
Why you moving in circles
When I give you beautiful
Until you jam trouble
Before you miss my wonderful
I put on the light in me
Hoping that one day you’ll see
I give you the best of me
Hoping that I’m all you need

But you waka waka
You k’inwuru mmanya
You bring out the doubts in me
I’m enough
One day you’ll see that I’m enough
I’m enough
I hope you realize that I’m enough

I’ll tell you true, I’ll tell you true
You make me doubt myself
The things you do, the things you do
I started to compare
That maybe I, I’m not rare
But that’s not fair
(Cause I) I put on the light in me
But you waka waka
You k’inwuru mmanya
You bring out the doubts in me
I’m enough
One day you’ll see that I’m enough
I’m enough
I hope you realize that I’m enough
I put on the light in me

And it's not even his best work.

7 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

I swear the average Nigerian will see success and think it’s failure. The mindset is just so trash. Yes people enjoy these songs to party and vibe too hence why their doing well.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 13, 2023
siofra:

Meanwhile Chike is so underrated. He's the best musician in Nigeria. His lyrics and melodies are top notch.

So u sabi something like this 😳
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 10:53am On Jun 13, 2023
siofra:

More lovy dovey bs. God that’s why I enjoy rema who’s saving us from that mid. I hope he doesn’t change

2 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by IkeIgboNiile(m): 10:55am On Jun 13, 2023
siofra

Tiwa, is no longer a marvin signee. Chike is gradually fading, same with ladipoe and the rest. Rema seems to be the only genuine star there so let's keep watching.
Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by IkeIgboNiile(m): 11:02am On Jun 13, 2023
skj1377
This is because they either left him or he asked them to go. Besides these artists did not put in enough personal effort to keep themselves in the pedestal they were with him. You need to see the effort Dbanj is making to remain relevant .

For all his management skills more artists have faded under him than the ones that blew.
The whole marvin 2.0 class faded so fast we barely remember any of them.
This current crop is gradually fading with only Rema and ayra starr as genuine hitmakers.
Let's not talk about sudden disappearance of Dr sid, D prince,Koredo bello and co.

1 Like

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by siofra(f): 11:18am On Jun 13, 2023
ogunijebu18:

More lovy dovey bs. God that’s why I enjoy rema who’s saving us from that mid. I hope he doesn’t change

No shit genius! 😒

Do you even know what good songwriting entails? FYI I'm not talking about the content of the lyrics.

I'm talking about the structure, the rhyme, how easy it is to get the message of the lyrics, how he painted a clear picture with his words without using meaningless words, the effortless flow, the emotion the melody and lyrics evoke etc.

4 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by GODPUNISHALABI: 11:33am On Jun 13, 2023
IkeIgboNiile:
siofra

Tiwa, is no longer a marvin signee. Chike is gradually fading, same with ladipoe and the rest. Rema seems to be the only genuine star there so let's keep watching.
in the Nigerian music scene now there is a type of music that have a very strong international appeal ,which chike is not doing,he should learn from ckay victony and others.. that chike songs na only naija him go blow, if he is serious he should go the afro pop way,....before the markets were lagos alone, but ckay burna omah lay victony has shown you don't need lagos u just need international appeal and the world would stream ur songs and nigeria will bow at ur feet

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Rickmann: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
RTID:
Unpopular Opinion.

What the hell is that?!

Thanks Op, you just said everything I would have said. Truth is ,hunger has literally pushed a lot of people into music lately, nobody cares about the talent and passion for it anymore, they just write shit , walk into the studios and fool themselves.. The so-called managers and label owners also have blood in their hands as they are just after their quick gains and fail to spot real talent and groom them... I don't think we have more that 10 nigerian artists that are truly talented. The rest sing absolute rubbish and hide their shit lyrics under the cover of some beats and call it 'vibe'.. The annoying part is millions of Nigerian youths still sing their praises and hype these Shit artists.

It just sucks really.
Music in dead in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Unpopular Opinion: Don Jazzy Is Not Managing His Artistes Well. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
siofra:

No shit genius! 😒

Do you even know what good songwriting entails? FYI I'm not talking about the content of the lyrics.

I'm talking about the structure, the rhyme, how easy it is to get the message of the lyrics, how he painted a clear picture with his words without using meaningless words, the effortless flow, the emotion the melody and lyrics evoke etc.

There’s literally nothing special about those lyrics you put here

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2023 Headies Award Winners (Full List) / Drake Features Tems On 'Certified Lover Boy' Album / Billboard Music Awards 2018 [full List Of Nominees]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.