Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,767 members, 7,813,544 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President (51251 Views)

Breaking; SSS Arrests Senator Yari For Ignoring Bola Tinubu’s Phone Call. / 37 APC Senators Reject Akpabio, Back Kalu, Yari For Senate President, Deputy / FAAN Condemns Abdulaziz Yari For Violating COVID19 Rules At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by walex2(m): 12:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
Gajagojo:

Exactly my point.

APC has 59 senators though I know Yari and Abbo did not vote Akpabio
including Jimoh Ibrahim of ondo state who incidentally is the campaign chairman for Yari. So out of the 59 senators about 6 or 7 didn't vote for Akpabio, but APC was able to scout for 3 Rivers PDP senators votes, 2 Kano NNPP senators votes, some SDP votes and YPp
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by oglalasioux(m): 12:45pm On Jun 13, 2023
Mrfeel:

You didn't even know who and who voted, and you are up here dragging SE ?

South East people collected Funke, his girlfriend, from him. That's the bigot's only reason.

3 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by honeyB2018: 12:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
I know some South Eastern senators voted for Yari despite being a Muslim . Yet we Christians complain of marginalisation .

Don't all the issue of South East, kill you and your family. You may never be alive to see the good that will come out of the land of South East if your hatred for the South East continues. Every enemy of the Igboland, will under 6th see the glory of the land of the rising sun. Mark my words

1 Like

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Tmb78(m): 12:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

I have intel information that explained some of those that voted against Akpabio . I just don’t want to start mentioning names
Pls, don't do that or else you will become our resident jokester and disgraced ganisucks with different unfounded intels and conspiracy theories faster than you can call jack.

Let it go.
Whoever voted and for whom doesn't matter now, does it?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by ganisucks(f): 1:06pm On Jun 13, 2023
Tmb78:
Pls, don't do that or else you will become our resident jokester and disgraced ganisucks with different unfounded intels and conspiracy theories faster than you can call
Thanks for the award. I'm much obliged.

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Tmb78(m): 1:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
ganisucks:

Thanks for the award. I'm much obliged.
You are most welcome
😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Ofunaofu: 1:16pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
I know some South Eastern senators voted for Yari despite being a Muslim . Yet we Christians complain of marginalisation .

Can you state the names of the southeast senators that voted
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Lovenorth: 1:47pm On Jun 13, 2023
I am happy that he lost even though Akpabio is also unconsequential
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by fastseo: 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

I have intel information that explained some of those that voted against Akpabio . I just don’t want to start mentioning names
with ur 30k stipend? you have to grow up and stop causing hate
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by vicath(f): 1:48pm On Jun 13, 2023
Okay!

Want to start earning in dollars weekly to improve your standard of living? Send me a message, let me put you through.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by perragy(m): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
Must it be a tribal thing? how has tribalism helped us in this country. Anyone from anywhere can do better as Senate President irrespective of his/her ethnic / tribajavascript:void(0);l region. Make una get sense abeg.

1 Like

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Jeezuzpick(m): 1:51pm On Jun 13, 2023
olasaad:

Imagine a first time Senator having 46 votes. He tried

Is he a first-time politician?

Doesn't he have a bag of loot?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by bonnyhope: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

So as Akpabio win now, Christians lives go better abi?

3 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Mitsurugi(m): 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

Please name names or keep quiet. Who knows you here. This is a faceless forum.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by erai30(m): 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
All I see are cartels of looters, wicked set of men and thieves.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Ofunaofu: 1:52pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

Mentioned their names na
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by jaxxy(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

tell that to ur muslim/muslim ticket

2 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 1:54pm On Jun 13, 2023
We know those who voted him, Labourers and PDP.

Shame on them
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Metrofox(m): 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

talk about the elite and the people as individuals and leave the south east out of your mouths you animals.. dragging tribalism into everything
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Ttipsy(f): 1:55pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
how did you know?? Where you there
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by smartemperor042: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
How did u come to this conclusion?

iammo:
cool

Apparently after shouting we the SouthSouth/SouthEast some Southeast Senator voted Yari over Akpabio

Anyways it's democracy

Congratulations Akpabio and the AkwaCross people of SouthSouth

3 Senators per State
18 Senators in each of the 5 Geopolitical zone
15 Senator in SouthEast Geopolitical zone

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by PHIPEX(m): 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
You sit in your room, cook a lie and believe same lie in order to propel your deep seated hatred for South East

Maybe you need someone to tell you to seek psychological help
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by ivandrag0n: 1:59pm On Jun 13, 2023
Gajagojo:

I don't think it is funding

.I think it is the NW. zone that mobilized

they wanted the VP slot and were disappointed.
The likes of Ango Abdullahi and Hakeem Baba Datti suddenly found their voices last week.
The N.W has 21 senators and I think most of them supported Yari

Not true at all. The NW APC were content with Speakership & Deputy Senate President.

Yari was fully funded and mobilised by elements within and outside the Senate, such as Atiku Abubakar, PDP, LP, Peter Obi, the ever-treacherous Aminu Tambuwal, the shameless opportunist Orji Uzor Kalu (who wanted to reap where he did not sow), intimacy gadget Senator Elisha Abo, AMCON huge DEBTOR JIMOH IBRAHIM & co to destabilise the nascent Tinubu administration. They failed woefully and I know many of them will not return to those seats at the next election.

As for Yari, when a man stubbornly sticks to his guns, to the point of ensuring his party lost all elective positions in his state, via the Supreme Court order, it tells you a lot about his personality. He is a shameless megalomaniac whose desperation for power is so bad that he would rather pull down everyone else if he doesn’t have his way.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by kmaster007: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
•President - South West

•Vice President - North East

•Senate President - South South

•Speaker of House - North West

•SGF - North Central

•Deputy Senate President - North West

•Deputy Speaker - South East

Government of national unity 👏🏽👌🏽

3 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by shiwex: 2:01pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
fool...must you bring religious sentiments into this. Its all about who can do the best job. you Bigot.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by juman(m): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2023
Abia and Delta governors are useless as him, so their senators voted for him.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Abemy(m): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
Sentor Tinibu's will Apkabio, the Senate president.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Vision101(m): 2:05pm On Jun 13, 2023
Reports had it that there was dollar rain in Yari's camp. Some silent protesters in apc like kalu backed him in cash and in quiet mobilisation.

Akpabio and tinubu banked on promises they made to the senators-elect. You know how political promises are looked at. Anything is possible. Wike played a role.

The greatest display of tinubu's strategy was in the house of representatives. That place was boiling. The master had his way.

Honestly we need to study this man and apply his strategies in boardroom. I'm watchful to see how he operates in African and international politics.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by juman(m): 2:07pm On Jun 13, 2023
Anyway nothing special about his vote.
The ruling party senators voted for Akpabio, while the opposition senators voted against him.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by aestake: 2:08pm On Jun 13, 2023
Gajagojo:
We need to know don't you think?
All of them are criminals.. kakistocracy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Violence At Ebonyi Ward Counselorship Election: Man Shot, Student Set On Fire / Peter Obi & Jonathan At Pastor Paul Enenche's Daughter's Wedding (Photos) / Davis Ikanya Covering Arrested INEC Official's Face (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.