Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,153 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President (51349 Views)

Breaking; SSS Arrests Senator Yari For Ignoring Bola Tinubu’s Phone Call. / 37 APC Senators Reject Akpabio, Back Kalu, Yari For Senate President, Deputy / FAAN Condemns Abdulaziz Yari For Violating COVID19 Rules At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by harqinhola(m): 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2023
ObiaboAdoka:

U mean senator Orji Uzor kalu?

YES
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by harqinhola(m): 11:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
sandland:

You think Akpabio is a Christian. There is no single Christianity in him. I will pick devil anytime instead of having anything to do with that man

WHY WOULD YOU SAY SUCH A THING ABOUT YOUR BROTHER ?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by harqinhola(m): 11:40pm On Jun 13, 2023
GreyLaw:

Go and sit down. You have Intel and you are wasting away on NL. That's how phony and ill-cultured many of you are. You wake up and start making news that's above your paygrade. In a good day you should be arrested to find out how you knew what happened in a secret ballot.

GO AND VERIFY IT , " UZOR KALU VOTED AGAINST AKPABIO "?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by harqinhola(m): 11:41pm On Jun 13, 2023
ifeco4:

And where were you when Apc chose Muslim-Muslim ticket?
Some of you will soon develop high blood pressure on Igbo issue.

WHO DID UZOR KALU VOTE FOR ? I WANT TO CHECK SOMETHING.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by harqinhola(m): 11:43pm On Jun 13, 2023
abobote:

So South East have up to 48 senators.
Just looking for cheap likes

THAT'S NOT MY POINT, POLITICIANS DO THINGS ONLY FOR THEIR INTEREST. RELIGION DOESN'T MATTER TO THEM . THEY ONLY SELL IT TO GULLIBLE NIGERIANS WHEN THEY NEED US ?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Mrfeel: 8:32am On Jun 14, 2023
spiralwedge:

SE people are non-progressives politically, so it’s not rocket science to know how SE politicians voted. Same pattern year in year out.

PDP presidential primary elections - same!
Same pattern yr in yr out but how come there is a PDP governor in enugu , a labour party governor in Abia an APC governor in ebony/imo state and APGA governor in Anambra . are these the same political pattern of voting in SE yr in yr out as you said ?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by ifeco4(m): 9:09am On Jun 14, 2023
harqinhola:

WHO DID UZOR KALU VOTE FOR ? I WANT TO CHECK SOMETHING.

The same party he supported during the election.

He is now an evil man because he wanted to be Senate president but he was a great party man when he supported his party presidential candidate against his own his own kinsman.

I'm glad he didn't win but the narration you guys are giving is purely evil and and stupid at the same time.

An Igbo man Dave Umahi stepped down for Akpabio and declared his support for him publicly but you guys are blinded by hatred to always to look for fault.

Make una continue giving yourselves high blood pressure.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Never4getU: 9:32am On Jun 14, 2023
olasaad:

Imagine a first time Senator having 46 votes. He tried

Don't forget, he was an ex-gov who made their own state budget
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by spiralwedge(m): 1:34pm On Jun 14, 2023
Mrfeel:

Same pattern yr in yr out but how come there is a PDP governor in enugu , a labour party governor in Abia an APC governor in ebony/imo state and APGA governor in Anambra . are these the same political pattern of voting in SE yr in yr out as you said ?

Political pattern doesn’t imply parties. If anything, the point you raised buttressed mine… I won’t spill it all out, but the bottomline is non-progressive delusional herd-thinking and emotional political pattern that is why you have what you stated above.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by BigIyanga: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2023
justified007:

Majority of them are PDP senators and some APC senators like Elisha Aboh who's never been loyal to the party for anything.
But Southwestern voted for Muslim/Muslim President/VP and rejected Osibanjjo a Christian??
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Christistruth00: 2:04pm On Jun 14, 2023
Makinde and Wike must have helped Tinubu with about 4 PDP senators votes for Akpabio and I believe the Akwa Ibom Senators also stood behind Akpabio their home boy irrespective of Party because Senate President Position is too big a fish for their State to let go

That will make 57 APC senators + 2 PDP senators from Oyo +2 PDP Senators from Akwa Ibom +2 PDP senators from Rivers= 63 votes for Akpabio

APC had 59 APC Senators but disloyal Senator Yari and Senator Elisha Abbo who is Atiku's boy anyway left them with 57 Senators supporting Akpabio
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by justified007: 2:25pm On Jun 14, 2023
BigIyanga:

But Southwestern voted for Muslim/Muslim President/VP and rejected Osibanjjo a Christian??

At your age you're still crying over issues that happened over a year ago 😂😂😂😂😂. The people involved already understand because they know it's democracy but a nonentity that didn't know how party democracy works is still on nairaland wailing over what doesn't concern his family
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by justified007: 2:28pm On Jun 14, 2023
Christistruth00:
Makinde and Wike must have helped Tinubu with about 4 PDP senators votes for Akpabio and I believe the Akwa Ibom Senators also stood behind Akpabio their home boy irrespective of Party because Senate President Position is too big a fish for their State to let go

That will make 57 APC senators + 2 PDP senators from Oyo +2 PDP Senators from Akwa Ibom +2 PDP senators from Rivers= 63 votes for Akpabio

APC had 59 APC Senators but disloyal Senator Yari and Senator Elisha Abbo who is Atiku's boy anyway left them with 57 Senators supporting Akpabio

So you believed only Yari and Abbo did not vote for Akpabio from APC 😂😂😂 ? There's a certain Jimoh Ibrahim from Ondo state that seconded his nomination and I am also very sure some senators from North West elected on the banner of APC voted Yari too
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Mrfeel: 10:00am On Jun 15, 2023
spiralwedge:

Political pattern doesn’t imply parties. If anything, the point you raised buttressed mine… I won’t spill it all out, but the bottomline is non-progressive delusional herd-thinking and emotional political pattern that is why you have what you stated above.

You are just throwing words around my friend , political pattern doesn't imply parties? Explain further on what you mean by that .

You claim south east has one political pattern of voting yr in yr out , I pointed out to you how south east has a PDP governor in enugu , LP governor in Abia, APC governors in ebonyi/imo APGA governor in Anambra , then you call it a delusional herd-thinking and emotional political pattern ? Can you explain further
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by davidsthe(m): 12:45pm On Jun 15, 2023
Gajagojo:

Well I guess Yari would vote for himself as would. Abbo who nominated him

that's a fair guess however there's a document flying around on Twitter now showing how each senator elect voted. maybe it's not so secret after all.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Campaign Poster Of Bola Tinubu For Senate Under SDP In 1993 (Throwback Photo) / Rochas Okorocha Looking At Orji Uzor Kalu: Caption Photo / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.