Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:16 PM

46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President (51327 Views)

Breaking; SSS Arrests Senator Yari For Ignoring Bola Tinubu’s Phone Call. / 37 APC Senators Reject Akpabio, Back Kalu, Yari For Senate President, Deputy / FAAN Condemns Abdulaziz Yari For Violating COVID19 Rules At Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by aestake: 2:09pm On Jun 13, 2023
shiwex:
fool...must you bring religious sentiments into this. Its all about who can do the best job. you Bigot.
Job of stealing?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:11pm On Jun 13, 2023
justified007:

Majority of them are PDP senators and some APC senators like Elisha Aboh who's never been loyal to the party for anything.
is nass APC headquarters so Yari contesting what's he is right for is now disloyalty to Party.. is this parliamentary system...
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Menclothing: 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
South Eastern senators voted for Yari despite being a Muslim . Yet we Christians complain of marginalisation .

1 Like

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:12pm On Jun 13, 2023
Addme:
Sincerely, he really pulled it.
I jsu didn't even expect this much from him.
it's good for democracy nass should be able to choose their leaders with or without outside influence... It also shows Akpabio is popular to have won...
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by GodSon1900: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
kmaster007:
•President - South West

•Vice President - North East

•Senate President - South South

•Speaker of House - North West

•SGF - North Central

•Deputy Senate President - North West

•Deputy Speaker - South East

Government of national unity 👏🏽👌🏽

Nice
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
Gajagojo:

I believe SE voted Yari
and you want to kill then for that??
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Sensiblerealist: 2:13pm On Jun 13, 2023
Nawa ooo. So why the two chambers com adopt different mode of voting. I'm sure Jaji would be surprised as to how he got just 3 votes as many of his supporters would have backed out

Mrfeel:

You didn't even know who and who voted, and you are up here dragging SE ?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by bennybuhari: 2:14pm On Jun 13, 2023
I voted for Yari
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Goodman2023: 2:18pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
I know some South Eastern senators voted for Yari despite being a Muslim . Yet we Christians complain of marginalisation .

Is yari not a nigerian ?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by dominic17: 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2023
Are you sure you are not sick of SE ? Take it easy for your health sake
Gajagojo:

I believe SE voted Yari
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by OGHENAOGIE(m): 2:20pm On Jun 13, 2023
Vision101:
Reports had it that there was dollar rain in Yari's camp. Some silent protesters in apc like kalu backed him in cash and in quiet mobilisation.

Akpabio and tinubu banked on promises they made to the senators-elect. You know how political promises are looked at. Anything is possible. Wike played a role.

The greatest display of tinubu's strategy was in the house of representatives. That place was boiling. The master had his way.

Honestly we need to study this man and apply his strategies in boardroom. I'm watchful to see how he operates in African and international politics.
so who stop Akpabio camp from using dollars too... ??
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Guyman01: 2:21pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
I know some South Eastern senators voted for Yari despite being a Muslim . Yet we Christians complain of marginalisation .
South East senators announced their block votes was for Akpabio. Stop propaganda
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Arabaincubus: 2:22pm On Jun 13, 2023
iammo:
cool

Apparently after shouting we the SouthSouth/SouthEast some Southeast Senator voted Yari over Akpabio

Anyways it's democracy

Congratulations Akpabio and the AkwaCross people of SouthSouth

3 Senators per State
18 Senators in each of the 5 Geopolitical zone
15 Senator in SouthEast Geopolitical zone
19 Northern States with 57 Senators
17 Southern States 51 Senators
1 Senator for FCT

Akpabio 63

Yari 46

I thought the agreement was to experiment with an all-muslim state. Has that plan changed?
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by stevups(m): 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2023
That's six states.. senators
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Arabk25: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2023
Who's deputy Senate president
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Jogs1900: 2:24pm On Jun 13, 2023
Vision101:
Reports had it that there was dollar rain in Yari's camp. Some silent protesters in apc like kalu backed him in cash and in quiet mobilisation.

Akpabio and tinubu banked on promises they made to the senators-elect. You know how political promises are looked at. Anything is possible. Wike played a role.

The greatest display of tinubu's strategy was in the house of representatives. That place was boiling. The master had his way.

Honestly we need to study this man and apply his strategies in boardroom. I'm watchful to see how he operates in African and international politics.
I even heard from reliable source that Yaris camp spent more than Akpabios camp

1 Like

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by edungene7: 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
sharap we are not talking about religion here but perfect representation the senate is the only checkmate to the executive yet you want a rubber stamp like Akpabio because he is a Christian who would be an errand boy to Tinubu use yr thinking faculty
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by bencr7: 2:25pm On Jun 13, 2023
Gajagojo:

I believe SE voted Yari
wat is wrong with u mumu, everything is south east,make hate no kill u, because of this pple.
Like if u dey part of d pple that count d results.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by madridguy(m): 2:26pm On Jun 13, 2023
This is funny of them.

Gajagojo:

I don't think it is funding

.I think it is the NW. zone that mobilized

they wanted the VP slot and were disappointed.
The likes of Ango Abdullahi and Hakeem Baba Datti suddenly found their voices last week.
The N.W has 21 senators and I think most of them supported Yari
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by fabolouz1(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
It doesn't matter ,even if yari had 65 votes and Senator Akpabio won with a single vote ,it won't mean anything .
Senator Akpabio will bear no grudges against anyone because he has a large heart.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by cejaypriesty(m): 2:27pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
You know,were you there ? I Know you hate Igbos but you can still pretend sometimes you don't. How can you seat down in your room and make assumptions.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by OfoIgbo: 2:28pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

If SEners voted for Yari, he would have won.

SEners are more likely to vote for a SS person than a NW person.

So there's no way SE senators would have voted for Yari.

But I'm pretty confident most NW, NE and SW muslim senators would have voted for Yari

1 Like

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by ofuonyebi: 2:29pm On Jun 13, 2023
No matter any amount by which Senator AKpabio won as the president of Senate..
No matter any amount of votes by which Abass won as SPeaker of House of Reps...

what matters most is that JAGABAN AHMED TINUBU had proved to be a master political joker
he had already concluded things that will happen in his thoughtful chambers ..

By this singular act of making sure that his anoited candidates emerges ....
it is clear that TINUBU will succeed as prewsident of Nigeria because charity begins from home!
the foundation of everything matters most

that was where Buhari lost it...allowing anybody and nobody like SARAKI to hold him into ransome with EKEREMADU a PDP element as Deputy president of Senate under an APC gov.

KUDOS TO OUR NEW PRESIDENT ....CONGRATS TO THE 10TH NATIONAL ASSEMBLY OF NIGERIA!!!

1 Like

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by beejaay: 2:30pm On Jun 13, 2023
iammo:
cool

Apparently after shouting we the SouthSouth/SouthEast some Southeast Senator voted Yari over Akpabio

Anyways it's democracy

Congratulations Akpabio and the AkwaCross people of SouthSouth

3 Senators per State
18 Senators in each of the 5 Geopolitical zone
15 Senator in SouthEast Geopolitical zone
19 Northern States with 57 Senators
17 Southern States 51 Senators
1 Senator for FCT

Akpabio 63

Yari 46

im sure it was us the southwest that voted yari because na we dey always queue behing anything north... we did it in 2015 and repeated it in 2019..

2 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Sermwell(m): 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

I have intel information that explained some of those that voted against Akpabio . I just don’t want to start mentioning names
Shut up! You don't have any intel! Who are you? grin

2 Likes

Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Felix6: 2:33pm On Jun 13, 2023
That was a close call, despite the heroine master interference.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by abobote: 2:38pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
So South East have up to 48 senators.
Just looking for cheap likes
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by JohnBullMySon: 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

You guys distrust for the south east is becoming something else.

I watched a video from the process and I saw two SE senators wearing Akpabio's muffler. And they were not APC. One was PDP
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by Fearyourcreator: 2:39pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:
Igbos no like Nigeria... They dont care if Nigeria burn so far no be them dey in control
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by sweetgala(m): 2:40pm On Jun 13, 2023
harqinhola:

SE caucus declared for Akpabio yesterday.
Re: 46 Senators Voted For Yari For Senate President by JohnBullMySon: 2:42pm On Jun 13, 2023
Menclothing:
South Eastern senators voted for Yari despite being a Muslim . Yet we Christians complain of marginalisation .
If you watched the process, you would have seen that many SE senators wore Akpabio's muffler. I don't know what is wrong with most of you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BBC Documentary On Nigerians Living Under Lagos Bridge. See Reactions (Pics) / President Buhari Fixes Roads In Goodluck Jonathan's Hometown (Photos) / I Was Not Employed To Wear Uniforms – Customs CG Ali Replies Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.