Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,445 members, 7,819,645 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline (73664 Views)

Insecurity: Tinubu Mulls Marine, Solid Mineral Police / Breaking News! Tinubu Mulls The Release Of Igboho To Fight The Wagner Mercenarie / Old Naira Notes Deadline: President Buhari Calls For Council Of State Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Mrfixiit: 7:08am On Jun 16, 2023
Parachoko:
Increasing the GDP to $1 trillion and some of the things listed up there no go easy

But am sure Nigeria will prosper under Asiwaju
Buhari did more than thus and roundly failed later. This is all initial gra gra
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Illegal1(m): 7:10am On Jun 16, 2023
fadsam:
New notes dey before? Abeg let Emefiele face firing squad

omoh........i swr
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Parachoko: 7:13am On Jun 16, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Buhari did more than thus and roundly failed later. This is all initial gra gra
You're so dull to know there's a difference between Asiwaju(a man with a track record of competence) and Buhari

I won't be shock you're supporting Obi, a man who have nothing to show after ruling Anambra State for 8 years
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Mrfixiit: 7:16am On Jun 16, 2023
Parachoko:
You're so dull to know there's a difference between Asiwaju(a man with a track record of competence) and Buhari

I won't be shock you're supporting Obi, a man who have nothing to show after ruling Anambra State for 8 years
You were one of the many fools that sang praises for Buhari while he was in power so am not surprised you're doing that again for Tinubu who will be booted out soon by the court
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by abidem4real: 7:23am On Jun 16, 2023
Islie:
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is thinking of extending the validity of old naira notes. The Central Bank of Nigeria had redesigned the naira last year…

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-tinubu-mulls-extension-of-old-naira-notes-deadline/

Do we have any other naira we are spending now than the old ones? What are they extending or am I not getting it?
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by adams123: 7:27am On Jun 16, 2023
OGIBRA:
Buhari don spoil many tins oo, tinubu re arranging everything as if na opposition government is in charge

That was why we have been telling you that good governance is not about party affiliation but base on individuality.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Parachoko: 7:33am On Jun 16, 2023
Mrfixiit:
You were one of the many fools that sang praises for Buhari while he was in power so am not surprised you're doing that again for Tinubu who will be booted out soon by the court
You must be thinking am as shallow as you're grin

I get sense boy, I will never vote idiots like Pandora, Buhari and Jonathan.

I'm not daft like you abeg
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Ebibis: 7:34am On Jun 16, 2023
Bravo!
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Teymanhenry(f): 7:50am On Jun 16, 2023
He's got billions to trillions of those old notes stacked somewhere 😆
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Slurity(m): 7:53am On Jun 16, 2023
Senioreddy:
Tinubu moving in the right direction so far. I just hope and pray he doesn't backtrack nor disappoint later on
There is no way some people will feel he is disappointing in one way or the other but he will surely deliver and perform and also put Nigeria on the path of continue progress
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by bitbillionaire: 8:12am On Jun 16, 2023
Chinjo2:
Does he have such powers? The new naira notes issue have already been decided by the supreme court. Tinubu should force the CBN to release the new naira notes from wherever they have kept it.

I think the only legal way Tinubu can extend deadline is to approach the Supreme Court for an order for its extension. As it is now, it's only the Supreme Court that has power to order the extension of the old naira notes deadline since it was the Supreme Court that fixed the current deadline in the first place. I believe anything outside of that would be dictatorial and illegal.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Babathanks(m): 8:25am On Jun 16, 2023
Chinjo2:
Does he have such powers? The new naira notes issue have already been decided by the supreme court. Tinubu should force the CBN to release the new naira notes from wherever they have kept it.
Hate have blind many of you guys. You still fail to understand that there is no new naira note anywhere again. Even me that is staying in Abuja. Am not seeing any new note again, I don’t wish my enemy to suffer what I suffer during the naira scarcity. This policy is gone for good and you should support it
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Advancedman(m): 8:35am On Jun 16, 2023
Chinjo2:

Exactly there he shouldn't start constitutional breach.
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by ojtech8291: 8:45am On Jun 16, 2023
OGIBRA:
Buhari don spoil many tins oo, tinubu re arranging everything as if na opposition government is in charge
Individual differences counts a lot. Different perspective and exposure. The same party can't make them think the same as well as the people surrounding them are also different.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by doneback04: 9:12am On Jun 16, 2023
Senioreddy:
Tinubu moving in the right direction so far. I just hope and pray he doesn't backtrack nor disappoint later on

You don know he wants to get you guys mind first to him once is done with that you start seeing is rough nature
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Mrfixiit: 9:14am On Jun 16, 2023
Parachoko:
You must be thinking am as shallow as you're grin

I get sense boy, I will never vote idiots like Pandora, Buhari and Jonathan.

I'm not daft like you abeg
Shut up you shameless liar. You praised and defended Buhari govt. You Yoruba Muslims are shameless entities full of deceits and propaganda
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 16, 2023
Kindly extend it Sir, unecesary at this point to scrap the old notes, we can use our financial intelligence institutions, to track illicit cash flows, and place stringent laws on money laundering to serve as deterrence.
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by mordred44: 10:16am On Jun 16, 2023
Sabi man
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Parachoko: 10:26am On Jun 16, 2023
Mrfixiit:
Shut up you shameless liar. You praised and defended Buhari govt. You Yoruba Muslims are shameless entities full of deceits and propaganda
You're just getting emotional unnecessarily and me I no send you

I've always scored Buhari below average, he did a little bit better than Jonathan and Obasanjo though.

I never believe Buhari has what it takes to move Nigeria forward, I didn't vote for him in 2015 and 2019.

I dey make use of my brain before making a decision, I'm not as foolish as people like you who were supporting a man that couldn't do any tangible thing in small Anambra

In 8 years, Pandora could only increase the IGR of Anambra State by less than 20% , the people of Anambra State became more poorer during his horrible tenure

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

Look at the way people in Anambra State were complaining about the thing shallow things like you voted for.

Thank God Nigerians didn't vote the Catholic Fanatic
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Mrfixiit: 10:49am On Jun 16, 2023
Parachoko:
You're just getting emotional unnecessarily and me I no send you

I've always scored Buhari below average, he did a little bit better than Jonathan and Obasanjo though.

I never believe Buhari has what it takes to move Nigeria forward, I didn't vote for him in 2015 and 2019.

I dey make use of my brain before making a decision, I'm not as foolish as people like you who were supporting a man that couldn't do any tangible thing in small Anambra

In 8 years, Pandora could only increase the IGR of Anambra State by less than 20% , the people of Anambra State became more poorer during his horrible tenure

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

Look at the way people in Anambra State were complaining about the thing shallow things like you voted for.

Thank God Nigerians didn't vote the Catholic Fanatic
You can say all these gibberish to deceive your papa and not people like me. You have been a very active member of BMC that have defended Buhari and Apc over the years and now you're feeling ashamed to have supported an acute failure like Buhari and decide to exonerate yourself. Typical of your tribe, always unstable folks
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Parachoko: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2023
Mrfixiit:
You can say all these gibberish to deceive your papa and not people like me. You have been a very active member of BMC that have defended Buhari and Apc over the years and now you're feeling ashamed to have supported an acute failure like Buhari and decide to exonerate yourself. Typical of your tribe, always unstable folks
Abeg carry your foolish talk comot my front

You dey support a man who was useless as a Governor, but crying over people who voted and supported Buhari

If you like, call me me a Yoruba Man from Ibadan, nah you sabi, e no concern me.

Buhari failed as a President just the way the Pandora Clown failed as a Governor.
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by gare(f): 11:53am On Jun 16, 2023
Islie:
President Bola Ahmed Tinubu is thinking of extending the validity of old naira notes. The Central Bank of Nigeria had redesigned the naira last year…

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-tinubu-mulls-extension-of-old-naira-notes-deadline/

Deadline is not required they can use both notes, which ever gets to the bank should not be released, until they get back every old notes, deadline puts pressure on the masses.
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Dearlord(m): 12:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
Tinubu definitely won't put deadline on old currency.

He is an accountant that knows how these things work.

New naira and old naira will operate side by side till old naira vanishes from the system naturally.

Very simple as ABC
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by fabolouz1(m): 12:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
Cancel it outrightly because there's no difference except the colours.
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by yemi1504: 2:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
Islie:

Why not extend it indefinitely until the country is awash with adequate new currency until the new currency drives out the old currency due to demand for the former. That is the way to go especially in saner climes.
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by yemi1504: 2:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
CodeTemplar:
It will be hard for emefiele not to go to jail.

You called it currency swap yet didn't print enough to replace what was taken out. That alone is a serious misstep.

Abi
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by yemi1504: 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
NinjaMetahuman:
Tinubu definitely won't put deadline on old currency.

He is an accountant that knows how these things work.

New naira and old naira will operate side by side till old naira vanishes from the system naturally.

As should happen!
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Ilaje1: 2:09pm On Jun 16, 2023
Chinjo2:

New Naira dhould ve cancelled. Nothing wrong with the old one and no need for to waste on getting some bleached or colored new notes.
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by yemi1504: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
Racoon:
Godwin Emefiele really messed up the supposed currency swap policy. The scarcity of the new naira notes made it totally useless.

You can say that again!
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by yemi1504: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
id911:

There's no new Naira notes anywhere probably less than 10% of currency in circulation. I hardly see it.

I have been seeing it of late but still not clearly enough in comparison to the old notes!
Re: Tinubu Mulls Extension Of Old Naira Notes Deadline by Mrfixiit: 4:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
Parachoko:
Abeg carry your foolish talk comot my front

You dey support a man who was useless as a Governor, but crying over people who voted and supported Buhari

If you like, call me me a Yoruba Man from Ibadan, nah you sabi, e no concern me.

Buhari failed as a President just the way the Pandora Clown failed as a Governor.
Your clownish jibes against the person of Peter Obi can not erase the facts that he is one of the best governors Nigeria has had under this democracy and even won governor of the year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Obaseki: I Won't Appeal My Disqualification From Edo APC Primary / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb / Kwankwaso Meets With Peter Obi And Atiku In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.