Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,966 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl (2817 Views)

I Can Say That I'm The Only Female Who Doesn't Have This! (pics Ins..) / 5 Things You Can Say To Make A Girl Cries And Made Her Like You Even More / I Just Finished Watching Half Of A Yellow Sun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by RTID: 12:02pm On Jun 15, 2023
I just finished watching Woman King and all I can say is that the movie was a glorified nonsense!

Why do these people like portraying Africa in that manner?

Like, what's with the stupid fake accent?

If you must make a movie about the culture of a set of people, can't you at least do your research properly?

The character that played the General of the Oyo army, you called him Oba?

Oba is a title reserved for Kings. Now, the general wasn't a king obviously, because in the movie after losing the battle, the general told his warriors that they couldn't go home because they'd be killed.

That's one.

Two, so the Oyo people couldn't even speak an atom of Yoruba during the movie?

Then, you claim they were Oyo people, but their warriors dressed like people from the North.

Arghhhhh!

There was this particular scene that made me shake my head.

When the Brazilian spoke Brazilian to the Nahomey King, he was shunned immediately. The King asked him to speak the language of his people, since they were in his kingdom.

Guess the language the king was communicating with? English.😂😂😂

The most annoying thing was the stupid accent they were using. Phewwww!

These people take Africans for joke.

Overall, the Woman King was nonsense.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Oluromantic: 12:08pm On Jun 15, 2023
Lol. I've watched it too, though I didn't watch it critically but I noticed all you said in it.

7 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Reminderz: 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2023
you're right.. apart from that, they are all trying to glorify feminism bullshit... just to suit the Western narrative... it's what it is bro... just like she hulk, coming to America 2 bullshit.. that's the reality we have to face now... portraying men as weak simps and women as warriors... even the title is funny.. woman king lmao... while they have a king...

10 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Tinububalls: 12:58pm On Jun 15, 2023
It's high time, we start selling our story to the world through creative art works.
Why do many Countries see Russia as a villain?
Stories told over time become truth.

1 Like

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by advanceDNA: 1:52pm On Jun 15, 2023
Reminderz:
you're right.. apart from that, they are all trying to glorify feminism bullshit... just to suit the Western narrative... it's what it is bro... just like she hulk, coming to America 2 bullshit.. that's the reality we have to face now... portraying men as weak simps and women as warriors... even the title is funny.. woman king lmao... while they have a king...

though normal movie ajasa had to be involved to make fight scenes extra interesting.. it was not totally a western ideology.....cos the dahomey actually had craźy brute female warriors during that time..... they also invaded the ęgbàs(abeokuta) during the dahomey reign..

.it was like an insult at the ègbà warriors that women came to their territory and showed them shègè for many hours even through the ęgbá warriors won eventually ....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Akinfemmy(m): 2:22pm On Jun 15, 2023
Finally, someone has the same thoughts as me. I thought i was overthinking it, i couldn't even force myself to finish the movie. I mean how can you make a movie about someone history and culture and not try yourself to carry out proper research. This is not wakanda. It's about real people that existed in real life. The cultural misrepresentation was just frustrating, as a West African i could not even relate to the actors playing the oyo soldiers. There's nothing yoruba or African about the actors. From The dressing, the mannerisms, the language etc

Hollywood is just using black Americans to make money by giving them some sense of belonging. In doing so, they're altering and disrespecting the cultures and history of others. The same thing is what netflix is doing withe Cleopatra by portraying her as a black women.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by whtv: 2:34pm On Jun 15, 2023
Hmmm! I'm definitely going to see the movie... I find this description very interesting.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by UnknownT: 6:16pm On Jun 15, 2023
One of the movies i couldnt finish watching when i watched it. Another is that Avatar part 2.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by crixlight2(m): 8:46pm On Jun 15, 2023
UnknownT:
One of the movies i couldnt finish watching when i watched it. Another is that Avatar part 2.
That Avatar part 2 was so boring , longer than necessary, no action whatsoever, just wasted time watching it , I can’t even spend more than 30 minutes on that woman king , the movie na yeye movie
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Starlight252: 9:05pm On Jun 15, 2023
Tinububalls:
It's high time, we start selling our story to the world through creative art works.
Why do many Countries see Russia as a villain?
Stories told over time become truth.

On point!

It's all about the campaign strategies, propaganda and social conditioning...

Woman King is a movie with a purposeful intent. All the irregularities are meant to be there...

Control the public narrative and control the masses...

1 Like

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Viridis(m): 9:48pm On Jun 15, 2023
There is no way you will depict women as warrior and it will be interesting. It must look fake

3 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by negaiyke: 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2023
RTID:
I just finished watching Woman King and all I can say is that the movie was a glorified nonsense!

Why do these people like portraying Africa in that manner?

Like, what's with the stupid fake accent?

If you must make a movie about the culture of a set of people, can't you at least do your research properly?

The character that played the General of the Oyo army, you called him Oba?

Oba is a title reserved for Kings. Now, the general wasn't a king obviously, because in the movie after losing the battle, the general told his warriors that they couldn't go home because they'd be killed.

That's one.

Two, so the Oyo people couldn't even speak an atom of Yoruba during the movie?

Then, you claim they were Oyo people, but their warriors dressed like people from the North.

Arghhhhh!

There was this particular scene that made me shake my head.

When the Brazilian spoke Brazilian to the Nahomey King, he was shunned immediately. The King asked him to speak the language of his people, since they were in his kingdom.

Guess the language the king was communicating with? English.😂😂😂

The most annoying thing was the stupid accent they were using. Phewwww!

These people take Africans for joke.

Overall, the Woman King was nonsense.

Yeah partially poor research on them

But their accent is real.. Those from east Africa like Kenya and those from Zambia also have that English accents... I know because i love watching documentaries from these other Africans country.

you're used to Nigerian accent so others Africa country's English accents must be fake?
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by IkeIgboNiile(m): 10:19pm On Jun 15, 2023
This exactly what i keep saying. Those hoodrats African Americans should stop acting movies about africa. They always get the storyline and language wrong. They can't keep projecting Africa as a fairytale like Wakanda and the rest.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Escapist(f): 10:20pm On Jun 15, 2023
Okay, I'm avoiding it. All you mentioned are the sort of things that trigger me when watching a historical piece. Reason I abandoned Netflix's Cleopatra.
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by jos4kay: 11:14pm On Jun 15, 2023
I ve not watched the movies but a General of the Oyo army is an Oba to outsiders, but to Oyo people is Aare Ona Kakanfo. He has the same ranking with the king. Except he is not allowed to live within Oyo town.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by UrPapa: 7:41am On Jun 16, 2023
Gang of Lagos is even worse in this aspect
Femi Bakre dats supposed to act a Lagos thug speaking Yoruba like they just imported him from UK
Even the theatrics look somehow especially the accident scene when he was supposedly PARAing for the girl and speaking Yoruba like a dumb person
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Westerhoffe(m): 8:30am On Jun 16, 2023
The real meaning and office of the Woman King was abused in the movie.

A Woman King is a lady, crowned as the king because the late king has no son(s) to ascend the throne. But they made it a warrior instead.

1 Like

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by ArchiLimited: 9:49am On Jun 16, 2023
crixlight2:

That Avatar part 2 was so boring , longer than necessary, no action whatsoever, just wasted time watching it , I can’t even spend more than 30 minutes on that woman king , the movie na yeye movie

Avatar 2 was a good movie. It's obvious you didn't watch the movie for long. I too nearly quit at the beginning because I felt they were just copying scenes from the part 1, but midway through it got interesting and I was hooked till the end. The action in part 2 especially towards the end, were way better than part 1. Watch it and see
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by marlow1962(m): 4:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
The fast 5 is one of the dumbest boring movie I have seen, shay bomb go dy wait for you before e go low. Agba vin diesel even use him car they position the bomb😂😂. E get some movies wer these people go shoot eh, if you watch am finish you go be like WTF is this. The one wer even burst my dada na when them use car go space, like are you for real😂.
Abeg all this movies na trips, I just dy puff my kolos they laugh as I dy watch am.
I'm waiting for transformers.

1 Like

Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Aaaaarghmed(m): 5:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
marlow1962:
The fast 5 is one of the dumbest boring movie I have seen, shay bomb go dy wait for you before e go low. Agba vin diesel even use him car they position the bomb😂😂. E get some movies wer these people go shoot eh, if you watch am finish you go be like WTF is this. The one wer even burst my dada na when them use car go space, like are you for real😂.
Abeg all this movies na trips, I just dy puff my kolos they laugh as I dy watch am.
I'm waiting for transformers.
the most stupid part of the latest fast and furious is when vin diesel use 1 hand to jack a car that was upside down.chai,I lost interest ,the film trick is just too much..over much.i no too dey watch Action film again like when I was little.I like more realistic movies
Re: I Just Finished Watching Woman King And All I Can Say Is That The Movie Was A Gl by Elizkid: 2:12pm On Aug 23, 2023
ArchiLimited:

Avatar 2 was a good movie. It's obvious you didn't watch the movie for long. I too nearly quit at the beginning because I felt they were just copying scenes from the part 1, but midway through it got interesting and I was hooked till the end. The action in part 2 especially towards the end, were way better than part 1. Watch it and see

I was surprised too when he said Avatar 2 was boring.

That movie has way better action than even Part 1.

And to think Part 1 is, till date, my fav movie of all time.

Although Avatar 2 spent almost too much time introducing us to the world of the water people, things started getting interesting quickly after the invasion.

And, yes, I love the documentary-like scenes that dragged for over 40 minutes. I didn't regret it. The world was beautiful, and the creatures in it too,. especially in the water

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Am I The Only One That Has This Gift? / Early Morning Urine, What Do You Know About It / Toasting Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.