Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,172 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 (37452 Views)

Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic / Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by blowjohn(m): 8:22pm On Jun 16, 2023
inoki247:
Onward, HB Pencil, Big Biro and Eleganza the only tools wey dey sell back den....

Math set.....don forget the name of the popular brand
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by techmo(m): 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
RIP

Thick cover... Oga oo
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Sheguama: 8:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
chigoziri2403:
I can't forget the image on this book
I always thought he was Solomon grundy

That was Ifeajuna Emmanuel (Major)

1 Like

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by chigoziri2403(m): 8:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
Sheguama:

That was Ifeajuna Emmanuel (Major)
Who is he please
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by NoToPile: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
Just visited their website, the company is doing good I believe.

1 Like

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by mich2012: 8:39pm On Jun 16, 2023
Chei! May his soul rest in peace. This man highly contributed to Education in Nigeria.
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Father4all: 8:53pm On Jun 16, 2023
He has made real money
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by lexy2014: 8:57pm On Jun 16, 2023
inoki247:
Onward, HB Pencil, Big Biro and Eleganza the only tools wey dey sell back den....

Bic biro
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by lexy2014: 8:59pm On Jun 16, 2023
Quality books
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by DaFuhrer(m): 9:06pm On Jun 16, 2023
Desire18:

Agba firi yoyo

1 Like

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by OlawaleBammie: 9:07pm On Jun 16, 2023
Desire18:

If you attended school in Nigeria around the 80s and 90s, i am sure you used one of his exercise books with the following acronyms.

O - Ole
N - Ni
W - Wale
A - Aji
R - Ruler
D - Dada

B - Baba
I - Iya
G - Gani

E - Ede
X - Xtimes
E - Ede
R - Remi
C - Coni
I - Iya
S - Segun
E - Elere

B - Boolu
O - Odabo
O - Odabo
K - Kayode

May the gentle soul of the Industrialist rest in peace.

Guy omooooo na this thing a wan type before oohhh...are from ekiti because that was our songs those days grin grin.

But if u re not from ekiti then how did children used to communicate in those days that the song composed in Ondo will be heard in oyo even without phone?? grin grin

1 Like

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Okeyc230: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
You made your mark in our school system Sir. Farewell
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Burgerlomo: 9:08pm On Jun 16, 2023
RIP sir
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by ConfidentialDoc: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
bikefab:
If you used this book, you should have grandchildren by now...

Well almost...

1 Like

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Sheguama: 9:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
chigoziri2403:

Who is he please

Emmanuel Ifeajuna was a Nigerian army Major and high jumper. He was the first Black African to win a gold medal at an international sports event when he won at the 1954 British Empire and Commonwealth Games in Canada.
He later gained admission into the University of Ibadan and played active campus politics.
He enlisted into the Army after graduation and became one of the 5 young Nigerian Army officers that led the first Nigerian military coup in 1966 alongside Major Kaduna Nzeogu, Wale Adegboyega , Chris Anuforo and others.
The coup failed, and it led to so many crises that eventually culminated into the Nigerian-Biafra civil war in 1967.
Ifeajuna fought on the side of Biafra.
But then he fell out with the Biafra warlord Odumegu Ojukwu along the line. He was executed on the orders of Ojukwu on September 20, 1967.
He was married and had 2 sons.
He was a native of Onitsha.

4 Likes

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Xtristopher: 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
Wow, so this is the man behind that note book and other materials? May his soul rest in peace
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Burga101: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
Rest on hero
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by OlawaleBammie: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
piyoo91:
in my school then in far north gusau then sokoto is Ede Ximes Ede Rita Call Iyabo Sisi Eko Baje Odabo Odabo Kaka. Babangida was the head of state then, sweet old days
are you yoruba
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by bluefilm: 9:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
Desire18:

If you attended school in Nigeria around the 80s and 90s, i am sure you used one of his exercise books with the following acronyms.

E - Ede
X - Xtimes
E - Ede
R - Remi
C - Customer
I - I
S - Saw
E - Ede

B - Beans
O - Oloko
O - Oloko
K - Kase

That was how we sang our own rhyme
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Truthday: 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
Woow....long years
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Vision101(m): 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
The west back then had industrialists that affected generations: odutola tyre, daily need industry, alabuku, onward etc.

2 Likes

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by piyoo91: 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
OlawaleBammie:
are you yoruba
no, am hausa but majority of my classmates are yoruba and igbo. If i could remember vividly we were like 3 hausa's only at that time
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Okiton: 9:27pm On Jun 16, 2023
hakeemhakeem:
At some point If don't see the note book I don't buy any
onward and three star that year
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by mipeesoft(m): 9:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
Guy you're truly a legend twale for you sir l
Desire18:

O - Ole
N - Ni
W - Wale
A - Aji
R - Ruler
D - Dada

B - Baba
I - Iya
G - Gani

E - Ede
X - Xtimes
E - Ede
R - Remi
C - Coni
I - Iya
S - Segun
E - Elere

B - Boolu
O - Odabo
O - Odabo
K - Kayode

May the gentle soul of the Industrialist rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by OlawaleBammie: 9:31pm On Jun 16, 2023
piyoo91:
no, am hausa but majority of my classmates are yoruba and igbo. If i could remember vividly we were like 3 hausa's only at that time

Three hausas alone in the class in hausas land??

Seems the hausas people have not bn sensitised then as many opposed their children going to a western school ahead of Islamic school.

But now they are improving, u can easily find many hausas boys and girls in schools nowadays
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by isabi2lof: 9:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
Rip to him
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by isabi2lof: 9:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
bikefab:
If you used this book, you should have grandchildren by now...

Na even greatgrand children grin , how many you don get ?
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Honestfrend: 9:34pm On Jun 16, 2023
Legend..
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by maisauki: 9:37pm On Jun 16, 2023
Melezenawii:
Most older generation has one thing or the other to do with Onward NoteBook. The man impact on generations was legendary
I used the book in school... very very qualitative
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by piyoo91: 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
OlawaleBammie:

Three hausas alone in the class in hausas land??

Seems the hausas people have not bn sensitised then as many opposed their children going to a western school ahead of Islamic school.

But now they are improving, u can easily find many hausas boys and girls in schools nowadays
yes you right, is a missionary school and my father was a security man at that church, though we are christians from gidan zallah bungudu L.G.A

1 Like

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Desire18: 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
DaFuhrer:

Agba firi yoyo

I be small piling ok🤓🤓🤓
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by OpinionCounts(m): 9:47pm On Jun 16, 2023
inoki247:

I remember one year back then, there was this negative publicity about the Eleganza Biro, they claimed it sucks the users blood grin it really had a negative impact on the pen as many students avoided it for fear. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Banks Issue, Reject Deposits Of Old Notes By Customers / Woman Goes Under A Trailer In Calabar, Begs To Be Crushed. Her Goods Were Seized / Mike Adenuga Loses $300 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.