Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 (37540 Views)

Deji Akinyanju Is The Founder of Chicken Republic / Over 91 Million Bank Accounts At Risk Of Deactivation As CBN's BVN/NIN Deadline / Man Slumps & Dies At Bank In Delta After Waiting Several Hours To Withdraw Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by wink2015(m): 7:37am On Jun 17, 2023
My condolence to his family members and associates.

May his soul rest in peace.

Amen.
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by JaneYave(f): 7:38am On Jun 17, 2023
RIP SIR
The days exercise books were of very good quality
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by simfrost90210: 7:59am On Jun 17, 2023
chigoziri2403:
I can't forget the image on this book
I always thought he was Solomon grundy

The day i won't forget is in 1998 when i wentto buy 3 onward note books with a pair of Okin biscuits... ChaiπŸ˜… sometimes, i wish time travel exists... Childhood times were so awesome!!!

RIP to the elderly man..
He was well lived on earth, filled with days!

2 Likes

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by soojar(m): 8:45am On Jun 17, 2023
inoki247:
Onward, HB Pencil, Big Biro and Eleganza the only tools wey dey sell back den....

Yes o!
It's actually Bic

We learn every day
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by inoki247: 8:50am On Jun 17, 2023
soojar:

Yes o!
It's actually Bic

We learn every day

Lol u people jus one lie to una sef you people never pronounced it as Bic Biro...

The Common name den is Big Biro we even had an argument den that the C is G while some said the G is C cause of the way it was written....
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by madridguy(m): 9:38am On Jun 17, 2023
grin grin grin
You just remind me of primary school.

Desire18:

If you attended school in Nigeria around the 80s and 90s, i am sure you used one of his exercise books with the following acronyms.

O - Ole
N - Ni
W - Wale
A - Aji
R - Ruler
D - Dada

B - Baba
I - Iya
G - Gani

E - Ede
X - Xtimes
E - Ede
R - Remi
C - Coni
I - Iya
S - Segun
E - Elere

B - Boolu
O - Odabo
O - Odabo
K - Kayode

May the gentle soul of the Industrialist rest in peace.
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Hydriss(m): 9:58am On Jun 17, 2023
I usually turned the image on the higher education notebook to Zack Orji by painting it a full beard. Fun times
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by integrity16(m): 10:14am On Jun 17, 2023
Legendary.
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by chigoziri2403(m): 10:34am On Jun 17, 2023
Ameoba300:

grin grin grin

Γ‰ no fit better for you and Solomon Grundy
Let the poor breeeve

DON'T suffocate them
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by FireUpNow(m): 11:00am On Jun 17, 2023
This man had great impact in the Nigeria educational system. My condolences to his family
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by MeineMutter: 11:11am On Jun 17, 2023
May God rest his soul.

Quality notebooks way back. No blunt lines, always white - not bamboo-made, cut to precision.

My favorite notebook way back. If I couldn’t get it, I would buy OLYMPICS. Things changed when those tlibe flom that fa.ke legion started selling substandard notebooks at night markets in Oshodi.

I am having nostalgic feelings now.

Na shidren full NL. Dem no fit know.
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by MeineMutter: 11:16am On Jun 17, 2023
Benediction777:

You're Valid man!!! New generation children no know this..

I use that acronym to spell EXERCISE, till today.
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by BabaRamota1980: 11:22am On Jun 17, 2023
May his soul rest in peace!
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Ameoba300: 12:12pm On Jun 17, 2023
chigoziri2403:

Let the poor breeeve

DON'T suffocate them
cheesy grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by TemplarLandry: 1:45pm On Jun 17, 2023
Tosin, how you dey?
GeneralPula:
Wow..

I used onward for junior school well well..
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Benediction777: 2:03pm On Jun 17, 2023
Lolz

MeineMutter:

I use that acronym to spell EXERCISE, till today.
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Iceberg3: 2:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
OlawaleBammie agbaya grin:

Guy omooooo na this thing a wan type before oohhh...are from ekiti because that was our songs those days grin grin.

But if u re not from ekiti then how did children used to communicate in those days that the song composed in Ondo will be heard in oyo even without phone?? grin grin
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by OlawaleBammie: 2:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
[quote author=Iceberg3 post=123856549][/quote]

And what is the meaning if this shenanigans and tantrums?? grin grin grin

Just sit down ursef and ask ursef that to what end??

Funny people sha,

But now I realise u re a teenager or just little above 20, so I am not expecting much sense from u. Don't worry, I understand grin

That is how baby factories products use to behave grin

Ire oh
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Desire18: 2:27pm On Jun 17, 2023
madridguy:
grin grin grin
You just remind me of primary school.

Na so oo. That era of chopping Cain for not been able to write figure 8. That figure wicked oo. I ended up writing zeros untop of each other to evade punishment/beating.πŸ€“πŸ€“
Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by madridguy(m): 2:30pm On Jun 17, 2023
Chai, walahi I don't have problem writing numbers but you see letters, i nearly die for cake before i can write V.

Desire18:

Na so oo. That era of chopping Cain for not been able to write figure 8. That figure wicked oo. I ended up writing zeros untop of each other to evade punishment/beating.πŸ€“πŸ€“

1 Like

Re: Chief M.A. Obagun Is Dead. Founder Of Onward Paper Mill Dies At The Age Of 91 by Abatek: 7:40pm On Jun 27, 2023
May his soul rest in perfect peace....Baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Coronavirus Is Already Hurting The World Economy. (Analysis) / 6 Ways Your Bank Account Can Be Hacked / Importing From China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.