Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,020 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG (20942 Views)

Egbetokun Decorates Frank Mba, Bala Ciroma As Police DIGs / Photos From The Burial Of Adamu Ciroma / Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Kindledlight(m): 6:11pm On Jun 16, 2023
I don’t know why they are promoting that guy MBA every month.

I pray for that kind of grace o

Every blessed month police service commission will sit just to promote mba

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 6:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:
Next is musa Ros amon,nengi wannong,Ari ali,sanda Umar and cp nebolisa Benjamin
02/11/2023 - Ros-Amson
Wannang Nengi is retired
01/03/2025 - Ari Ali
Nebolisa Benjamin - 24/12/2025
Sanda Umar - 13/08/2024

I told you chinda will floor oke
The Presidency was involved, there is no other explanation to that, again, the LP/NNPP guys seem to be more pro-APC sef grin

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Progressiveby: 6:16pm On Jun 16, 2023
Penguin2:

What if the reason Mba was elevated to DIG before appointment to IG is so that the present DIGs wouldn’t have to retire or whatever.

Think it politically….

In the appointment of Service Chiefs, Tinubu needs to give something to the Southeast. I’m supposing that Tinubu would be more comfortable with conceding the IGP position to the Southeast than the Army, Navy or Airforce. Except he wants to exclude the Southeast like Buhari did. Which he can still do and heaven will not fall anyways 😏.

Please when is the current IGP going to retire?
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 6:21pm On Jun 16, 2023
Penguin2:
Yes he can, but maybe next year.... Mba has a good chance!

Progressiveby:
Please when is the current IGP going to retire?
Anytime Tinubu says so.

His retirement age was March 01, 2023 but his continuous stay in office is at the behest of the President.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2023
Penguin2:

What if the reason Mba was elevated to DIG before appointment to IG is so that the present DIGs wouldn’t have to retire or whatever.

Think it politically….

In the appointment of Service Chiefs, Tinubu needs to give something to the Southeast. I’m supposing that Tinubu would be more comfortable with conceding the IGP position to the Southeast than the Army, Navy or Airforce. Except he wants to exclude the Southeast like Buhari did. Which he can still do and heaven will not fall anyways 😏.

Two mistakes.

Firstly. In the DIG rank. Mba has many seniors ahead of him. so making Mba IGP will automatically retire those guys. So him staying as AIG before appointment as IG and him being a DIG before appointment is still same. Lot of DiGs will retire. The only thing that can save Mba too is if he is appointed as IG. Anything other than that is retirement in few weeks for him.

Secondly. It is not a must for Tinubu to appoint an easterner as service chief. He owes nobody anything. It is by choice.

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 6:32pm On Jun 16, 2023
fergie001:

02/11/2023 - Ros-Amson
Wannang Nengi is retired
01/03/2025 - Ari Ali
Nebolisa Benjamin - 24/12/2025
Sanda Umar - 13/08/2024

The Presidency was involved, there is no other explanation to that, again, the LP/NNPP guys seem to be more pro-APC sef grin

Presidency involved? How? I thought it's the preserve of pdp alone? I knew that chinda will emerge with wike supporting tinubu.tinubu will never allow a strong force rise against him in SW.atiku has so far lost twice to wike outside power.

Up next is Matthew akinyosola,sikiru kayode,dig egbetokun,oyediran adesoye,Yusuf chiromawa and babaji Sunday
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 6:33pm On Jun 16, 2023
fergie001:

Yes he can, but maybe next year.... Mba has a good chance!

Anytime Tinubu says so.

His retirement age was March 01, 2023 but his continuous stay in office is at the behest of the President.

MBA has a very good chance.so far,no one from aig rank upwards has 4 years like him.but his appointment must be before or by sunday
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Penguin2: 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Two mistakes.

Firstly. In the DIG rank. Mba has many seniors ahead of him. so making Mba IGP will automatically retire those guys. So him staying as AIG before appointment as IG and him being a DIG before appointment is still same. Lot of DiGs will retire. The only thing that can save Mba too is if he is appointed as IG. Anything other than that is retirement in few weeks for him.

Secondly. It is not a must for Tinubu to appoint an easterner as service chief. He owes nobody anything. It is by choice.

I did state that Tinubu owes the Southeast nothing, didn’t I? After all he promised to continue where Buhari stopped.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 6:58pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:
Presidency involved? How? I thought it's the preserve of pdp alone? I knew that chinda will emerge with wike supporting tinubu.tinubu will never allow a strong force rise against him in SW.atiku has so far lost twice to wike outside power.
They will understandably want someone amenable.

Up next is Matthew akinyosola,sikiru kayode,dig egbetokun,oyediran adesoye,Yusuf chiromawa and babaji Sunday
Babaji - retired
Adesoye - 03/03/2024
Egbetokun - 04/09/2024
Kayode - Retired
Akinyosola - 01/01/2025
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 7:00pm On Jun 16, 2023
fergie001:

They will understandably want someone amenable.

Babaji - retired
Adesoye - 03/03/2024
Egbetokun - 04/09/2024
Kayode - Retired
Akinyosola - 01/01/2025

That means only frank mba is qualified or what are we missing because the report I read said 4 officers including MBA have 4 years
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Olufemiolaolu(m): 7:05pm On Jun 16, 2023
ogododo:
Mba next IGP be dat.
Ko possible now. Only AIG can become IG
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Administration1: 7:42pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

What of Abdul Umar,okon effiong,ebong eyibio and Sani gwarzo? Ojeka should be ogoja

Any of the above should be considered for IG, let's leave MBA out, how about the tall man from Bayelsa?
But my money will be on that Ebong not Abdul, Okon Effiom did a terrible job in Rivers State, also Echeng did a terrible Job in Anambra

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 7:55pm On Jun 16, 2023
Administration1:

Any of the above should be considered for IG, let's leave MBA out, how about the tall man from Bayelsa?
But my money will be on that Ebong not Abdul, Okon Effiom did a terrible job in Rivers State, also Echeng did a terrible Job in Anambra

You really know these guys.why are you against mba
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Administration1: 8:10pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

You really know these guys.why are you against mba
When you want to choose an IG, loyalty should be the first point to consider as a President. MBA sadly has some cases of disloyalty. The most recent is the drama when he was to proceed to NIPSS.
Adbul, Echeng, Okon Effiong all have had disciplinary issues.
Ebong on the other hand has been loyal to the core, I remember him during his days in the CIB in Baylesa, he was the one that conducted the investigation towards recovering the missing 8 Police Officers. He later discovered (when he too was abducted to be killed)that they were killed.
He has been quiet all these while, no negative news or hearing anything from him. Another person like him is Jitoboh Moses
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:15pm On Jun 16, 2023
Exmilitant:
People Sabi something for this country o.
I am inhaling your knowledge. grin

As in ehn!

I'm gobsmacked!

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by ferhyntorlah(f): 8:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
I salute all the Nigeria Police discussants here.

See analysis everywhere.

You guys must have insider info on these men to be dishing this vital knowledge.

Now I know what rank and criteria to be used to select an IGP.

I salute you all.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 8:29pm On Jun 16, 2023
Administration1:

When you want to choose an IG, loyalty should be the first point to consider as a President. MBA sadly has some cases of disloyalty. The most recent is the drama when he was to proceed to NIPSS.
Adbul, Echeng, Okon Effiong all have had disciplinary issues.
Ebong on the other hand has been loyal to the core, I remember him during his days in the CIB in Baylesa, he was the one that conducted the investigation towards recovering the missing 8 Police Officers. He later discovered (when he too was abducted to be killed)that they were killed.
He has been quiet all these while, no negative news or hearing anything from him. Another person like him is Jitoboh Moses

What of egbetokun,Sadiq Abubakar,horsfall,Abdul umar
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

That means only frank mba is qualified or what are we missing because the report I read said 4 officers including MBA have 4 years
Okon Abang has been elevated to the Court of Appeal.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2023
fergie001:
Okon Abang has been elevated to the Court of Appeal.

It is belated.emmanuel emeruwa emerges speaker
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 8:45pm On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

It is belated.emmanuel emeruwa emerges speaker
Yea, heard it yesterday.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by ogododo: 10:20pm On Jun 16, 2023
fergie001:
Yea, heard it yesterday.
Una do well. All of una big pipu mod.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by rhymesnoni(m): 10:52pm On Jun 16, 2023
lhordspy:

But in the case of appointing CP as IGP which this my friend here is trying to justify. It is wrong and misleading. According to section 7, subsection 2 of Nigeria police Act; only DIGs and AIGs are eligible for appointment. And the appointment mostly come from AIG due to retirement consideration.

No way CP can be IGP. Except he is to be promoted to AIG before appointment.

Very true, the then IG Mohammed Idris was an AIG when he was appointed by Buhari in 2015
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by rhymesnoni(m): 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2023
lhordspy:

Mba has been fantastic, no doubt. But i dont think he can be picked. Mba is now a DIG, Moses Anbakina Jitoboh is also DIG, he was enlisted 1994. And he is to retire 2029, an advantage more than Mba's 2027.

Tinubu will want to bank on longevity. I think Jitoboh is the best suited for the job, the only thing going to play against him is that he is from the South-south. Out of the over 50 people from AIGs and DIGs. He is the youngest with more service year remaining.

If Tinubu has the intention of picking Mba, they wouldn't have promoted him. His safest place is the AIG. They could have put it that since he is the most senior AIG from east, reason he's chosen. His seniors from the AIGs rank from other region will understand. ..

Mba is DIG, he should be preparing for retirement as soon as possible.

Please when is DIG Lemu retiring?

Please when is DIG lemu retiring?
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by N3TRAL: 11:17pm On Jun 16, 2023
lhordspy:

From CP to IG? Impossible.

AIG are always next inline to be IGP. That is the more reason all DIGs are retired immediately. Because it is improper for their junior colleague to overtake them.

On another note. I think this is frank MBA second or third promotion in the space of 3months. Retirement is calling. His promotion to DIG is more of a reward for his contribution to the force. Once this IGP retire, and a new IGP is selected from AIGs, all the DIGs retires immediately including Frank Mba.

Who told you this abeg? Or is it based on the fact that Frank MBA is an Igbo man? 😂

Reduce the hate abeg.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by rhymesnoni(m): 11:19pm On Jun 16, 2023
Olufemiolaolu:
Ko possible now. Only AIG can become IG

AIG DIG at the discretion of the President.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Exmilitant(m): 6:08am On Jun 17, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

As in ehn!

I'm gobsmacked!
you don drop another bomb. grin.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by AwkaFinest: 9:17am On Jun 17, 2023
Seems promotion is now a common thing in police. They tend to promote mostly the senior officers, what happens to the rest?
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by complexstuffs(m): 9:19am On Jun 17, 2023
ogododo:
Mba next IGP be dat.

He will never be IGP for the following reasons.
1) He is an IPOB sympathiser
2) DIGs are rarely promoted to IG
3) Even if the president decides to pick his IG from the DIGs Frank MBA is a junior DIG

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by crossbreedwears(m): 9:20am On Jun 17, 2023
What kind of stupid reform is that? It is like appointing a Brigadier General as next chief of Army staff when we have senior Major Generals
EmperorHadrian2:

Not anymore

CP's are the ones most likely to make IGP going by Police reforms.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by crossbreedwears(m): 9:21am On Jun 17, 2023
CP to IGP is like skipping 2 promotions oh, not even one. I dont think that possiblw bro
lhordspy:

Check above. I just explained it better to you. Making a commissioner of police to be IGP is illogical. That means all AIGs and DIGs will retire immediately. That is disastrous to the police structure.

The entire ranks of AIGs and DIGs will be vacant. Are you now going to promote CPs to DIGs?

Or are you going to promote some to AIGs and some to DIGs. It doesnt make sense.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by babamadiba(m): 9:23am On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

But in the case of appointing CP as IGP which this my friend here is trying to justify. It is wrong and misleading. According to section 7, subsection 2 of Nigeria police Act; only DIGs and AIGs are eligible for appointment. And the appointment mostly come from AIG due to retirement consideration.

No way CP can be IGP. Except he is to be promoted to AIG before appointment.
the kind of arguments we need here. Constructive arguments.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by osuofia2(m): 9:24am On Jun 17, 2023
Administration1:

Echeng failed In Anambra as CP. Under his control the useless ipob guys were having a free hand killing security agents and almost over run the state He is not fit for higher task. I was surprised the IG left him there as CP even when he couldn't deliver.
The next IGP might be Mba or Moses Jitoboh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Buhari And Osinbajo Are Like Codeine And Tramadol" - Reno Omokri / Certificate Of Return: Lawyer Withdraws From Okorocha’s Case / CJN Orders Disciplinary Action Against Judge Over Criminal Summon On Soludo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.