Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,659 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG (21021 Views)

Egbetokun Decorates Frank Mba, Bala Ciroma As Police DIGs / Photos From The Burial Of Adamu Ciroma / Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2023
Administration1:

When you want to choose an IG, loyalty should be the first point to consider as a President. MBA sadly has some cases of disloyalty. The most recent is the drama when he was to proceed to NIPSS.
Adbul, Echeng, Okon Effiong all have had disciplinary issues.
Ebong on the other hand has been loyal to the core, I remember him during his days in the CIB in Baylesa, he was the one that conducted the investigation towards recovering the missing 8 Police Officers. He later discovered (when he too was abducted to be killed)that they were killed.
He has been quiet all these while, no negative news or hearing anything from him. Another person like him is Jitoboh Moses
Can you share that Frank MBA disloyalty ish at Nipps
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 12:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

Lol!
Let me clear you ..
Even though Udo was enlisted in 1992 and MBA 1994
The period MBA got CP ahead of him...MBA became his senior

I can show you a screenshot of the staff list..
Mba & Udo were made CP same time.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2023
osuofia2:

Echeng failed In Anambra as CP. Under his control the useless ipob guys were having a free hand killing security agents and almost over run the state He is not fit for higher task. I was surprised the IG left him there as CP even when he couldn't deliver.
The next IGP might be Mba or Moses Jitoboh

MBA maybe
Moses Jitoboh...error...
He was over promoted...he's to retire in 2029/30 or so
His mates are still CSP/ACP
I think he was Chief personal security officer to President Jonathan
Hence the rapid promotion
So because of that he will be victimised

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

Let me check the staff list to see the date of their promotion to CP....

If you are correct....MBA must have overtaken him at some point maybe ACP/DCP promotion

I will check and revert
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 12:10pm On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

We need 4 years
It's not compulsory
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Typing: 12:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
mfm04622:

We have had MANY Igbo IGP. Just Google it.

That was then. We can't allow any IPOB symperthiser become IGP
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 12:20pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

Wrong!
I just checked
Frank MBA was promoted 18/12/2020
Udo was promoted 03/02/2021

I knew I was right.....
G and verify

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by cooljude(m): 12:21pm On Jun 17, 2023
Penguin2:

Honestly, Mba's promotion has been meteoric.

I think the only reason he’s getting away with these things is because he seems to be an exceptional officer. That’s why people are excusing it that he deserves it. Other than that, his promotions is enough to cause misgivings within the force.

Regardless, Tinubu can still appoint him IGP and the rest of the officers would have no choice than to fall in line.

Very meteoric..... He is brilliant and he is definitely playing his politics right. But the President will choose someone he is comfortable with.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by funkeyuche: 12:23pm On Jun 17, 2023
Good morning please am in need of a car for weekly delivery.
I deliver #40,000 weekly (Cars fit for UBER/BOLT) no excuse and am tranparent. Other cars too we could negotiate.
Lagos, Ajah. Thank you
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 12:25pm On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

It's not compulsory

It is going by the police act
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by IkemChris(m): 12:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
On another note. I think this is frank MBA second or third promotion in the space of 3months. Retirement is calling. His promotion to DIG is more of a reward for his contribution to the force. Once this IGP retire, and a new IGP is selected from AIGs, all the DIGs retires immediately including Frank Mba.[/quote]

Or maybe he might be the next in line to be IGP since it's been long they had an IGP from igbo extractions and he has been very good police officer since the time of Tinubu as Gov. Just maybe
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by AskNgige2: 12:37pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

From CP to IG? Impossible.

AIG are always next inline to be IGP. That is the more reason all DIGs are retired immediately. Because it is improper for their junior colleague to overtake them.

On another note. I think this is frank MBA second or third promotion in the space of 3months. Retirement is calling. His promotion to DIG is more of a reward for his contribution to the force. Once this IGP retire, and a new IGP is selected from AIGs, all the DIGs retires immediately including Frank Mba.

I know they will not even allow Igbo man to take over..

Meanwhile MBA is the best among all police officer
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by AskNgige2: 12:44pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Fergie001 check your facts well. We have AIG Arungwa Awazue Udo from Abia state. He was enlisted 1990, 2 years before Frank MBA who was enlisted 1992 i think.

He is the most senior officers by AIG-rank from SE before Mba confirmation as DIG.

But from what he said..

How come DIG Solomon arase become IG when the main Oga was removed?

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by na2016: 1:01pm On Jun 17, 2023
lexy2014:

According to which law?

I no be loud mouthed person. Just screen shot this and watch what will happen. Which IG got to the position as DIG?
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Blackdisciple(m): 1:24pm On Jun 17, 2023
Same Frank mba Abi Na same Frank again
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by natureblack(m): 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

AIG are always next inline to be IGP. That is the more reason all DIGs are retired immediately. Because it is improper for their junior colleague to overtake them.

On another note. I think this is frank MBA second or third promotion in the space of 3months. Retirement is calling. His promotion to DIG is more of a reward for his contribution to the force. Once this IGP retire, and a new IGP is selected from AIGs, all the DIGs retires immediately including Frank Mba.
Your first paragraph....

In 1981,Mr Sunday Adedayo Adewusi was promoted from the rank of CP to IGP.He succeeded Adamu Sulieman.This was during Shehu Shagari's regime.

Have a nice day bruv.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Penguin2: 1:41pm On Jun 17, 2023
cooljude:

Very meteoric..... He is brilliant and he is definitely playing his politics right. But the President will choose someone he is comfortable with.

And you are certain he won’t be comfortable with Mba?
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Sensiblerealist: 1:47pm On Jun 17, 2023
I thought they chose also from one of the DIGs and retire the others. Not sure though.

lhordspy:

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 2:07pm On Jun 17, 2023
natureblack:
Your first paragraph....

In 1981,Mr Sunday Adedayo Adewusi was promoted from the rank of CP to IGP.He succeeded Adamu Sulieman.This was during Shehu Shagari's regime.

Have a nice day bruv.

Mr man, with due respect, you are big liar. Stop misleading people. You know nothing about the issue you are deliberating on. Adebayo sunday adewusi was promoted to Commissioner in 72, and he became Assistant Inspector-General of Police in 1975 before he became IG in 1981 at 45years.

I remember him so well, he is the youngest Nigerian IG ever. He took over from IG suleiman adamu. He is late now.

Go read the police act. Section 7, paragraph 2.

The person to be appointed IG must not be below the rank of Assistant inspector general of police.

Good day.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by DAREH13: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
EmperorHadrian2:
DIG is the worst promotion one can wish for.

Can never make IGP.

Will be forced to retire once the IGP retires or is replaced

A purely adminstrative position in servitude to the IGP.

Only CP get hope to be IGP .

Once you pass CP , know and get promoted to AIG, nothing for you.

beer parlour analysis. Mention one CP that has ever bn appointed as IGP only AIG nd probably DIG can be appointed igp
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by drnoel: 2:13pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Probably why they promoted him to AIG. Cos in a few years the IG is probably going.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
Penguin2:

And you are certain he won’t be comfortable with Mba?

Penguin2, rest on this issue. Mbah becoming IG is very slim. His promotion to DIG is just consolation and appreciation for his services and nothing more. You see all those statements released by PSC that he was promoted because he is the highest ranking AIG from East is just an act of masquerading.

Mba is DIG now. IG will be coming from AIG.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Administration1: 2:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
AIG Zone 10 Sokoto — AIG Abubakar Lawal

AIG Zone 15 Maiduguri — AIG Abdul Umar

AIG Zone 7 Abuja — AIG Williams Adebowale

AIG Armament FHQ Abuja – AIG Shettima Zanna

AIG Zone 17 Akure — AIG Ebong Eyibio Ebong

AIG Maritime Lagos — AIG Adepoju Ayinde Ilori

AIG FCID Annex Kaduna — AIG Okon Okon Effiong

AIG Zone 9 Umuahia – AIG Echeng Eworo Echeng

Commandant Staff College Jos – AIG Susan Ukpanukiema Horsefall

AIG DFA FHQ Abuja — AIG Bankole Lanre Sikiru

AIG Zone 11 Osogbo – AIG Oladimeji Yomi Olanrewaju

AIG FEDOPS FHQ Abuja – AIG Odama Paul Ojeka

AIG Forensic – AIG Shehu Gwarzo

AIG R&P, FHQ Abuja – AIG Yekini Adio Ayoku

AIG FCID Alagbon Lagos – AIG Yahaya S. Abubakar

AIG Zone 1 Kano — AIG Umar M. Sanda

AIG CTU FHQ Abuja — AIG Ede Ayuba
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 2:16pm On Jun 17, 2023
drnoel:

Probably why they promoted him to AIG. Cos in a few years the IG is probably going.

Few years? Lol. It is matter of weeks or maybe days.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 2:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

Wrong!
I just checked
Frank MBA was promoted 18/12/2020
Udo was promoted 03/02/2021

I knew I was right.....
G and verify
That was where they did it.

Udo was his Senior at ACP & DCP levels.

Udo was DCP in 19/04/2017 and Mba on 11/10/2018.

There are levels to this thing sha!
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 3:01pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Penguin2, rest on this issue. Mbah becoming IG is very slim. His promotion to DIG is just consolation and appreciation for his services and nothing more. You see all those statements released by PSC that he was promoted because he is the highest ranking AIG from East is just an act of masquerading.

Mba is DIG now. IG will be coming from AIG.
I think I can agree with this.

I have two names ooooo, but make I siddon look. grin
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 3:57pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:
I think I can agree with this.

I have two names ooooo, but make I siddon look. grin

If you mention any other name apart from Mba Frank. Penguin2 may lay on curse on the both of us.

Better halt the declaration. grin
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Buhari had only two IG.

Adamu and Usman Baba. So which one are you reffering to? Cos' i am sure none of them were promoted from CP to IG.

Idris kpotun
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

If you mention any other name apart from Mba Frank. Penguin2 may lay on curse on the both of us.

Better halt the declaration. grin
I think they will have sent Udo up, then left Mba as AIG. It is less likely for him now as a DIG, however, he still might be picked but retiring as a DIG is a well enough rank for him to retire considering how fast he has risen through the ranks.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 4:22pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

The most senior by police-politics, so be specific. AIG Udo is his senior, he is from Abia, he was enlisted 1992. 2years ahead of Mba's 1994.

Benjamin okolo nko
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lexy2014: 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2023
na2016:

I no be loud mouthed person. Just screen shot this and watch what will happen. Which IG got to the position as DIG?

Simple question...According to which law?
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

Same time ba
But who got to CP first between the both of them

You know MBA is a cadet Inspector...he has been getting rapid promotion for a long time
His mates are currently ACP...

His mates are cp and aig

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Bayo Omoboriowo Has Not Been Sacked As Buhari's Personal Photographer - Ahmaad / Court Revokes Nnamdi Kanu’s Bail, Orders IPOB Leader’s Arrest / Amaechi, Ayade, Ita-Giwa March For 'Plant-A-Tree' Event At Calabar Carnival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.