Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,287 members, 7,836,272 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG (21050 Views)

Egbetokun Decorates Frank Mba, Bala Ciroma As Police DIGs / Photos From The Burial Of Adamu Ciroma / Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

Benjamin okolo nko
Udo is even senior to Okolo.

Udo is 1990, Okolo is 1992 like Mba. However, Okolo was DCP before him and he was DCP before Mba.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:
Udo is even senior to Okolo.

Udo is 1990, Okolo is 1992 like Mba. However, Okolo was DCP before him and he was DCP before Mba.

Which means okolo has a bigger chance than MBA.he should be from anambra or enugu.most aigs and digs are from 1990 and 1988 set.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by MARSHALDEMSA202(m): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2023
I know DIG John Amadi (retired) in person
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 4:30pm On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:
Which means okolo has a bigger chance than MBA.he should be from anambra or enugu.most aigs and digs are from 1990 and 1988 set.
Alkali is from 88, once he leaves all '88 will leave with him.

The reason I said giving Mba now will be to wipe out all the 90s set which will be tough.

Okolo is from Onitsha, he is leaving in 2025.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 4:39pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:
Alkali is from 88, once he leaves all '88 will leave with him.

The reason I said giving Mba now will be to wipe out all the 90s set which will be tough.

Okolo is from Onitsha, he is leaving in 2025.

If okolo is leaving in two years,he must be 58.as it stands,mba is the only one qualified going by the police act except you want tinubu to appoint acting cp while new sets of cps get promoted to Aig.wiping out a set or two is normal na afterall it has been happening in the other forces and even in the other forces
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 4:40pm On Jun 17, 2023
MARSHALDEMSA202:
I know DIG John Amadi (retired) in person

He's from amechara,amasiri community
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 4:48pm On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

Benjamin okolo nko

Sorry. Okolo should be same set with Udo.

Thats true boss.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 4:51pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:
That was where they did it.

Udo was his Senior at ACP & DCP levels.

Udo was DCP in 19/04/2017 and Mba on 11/10/2018.

There are levels to this thing sha!
Ehen
I know MBA must have gotten CP ahead of him...

So that's clear
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 4:52pm On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

His mates are cp and aig

Mention just two!

He's a cadet Inspector....
The highest they get without special promotion is DCP/CP

Most of them retire at ACP

Go and verify
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:
I think they will have sent Udo up, then left Mba as AIG. It is less likely for him now as a DIG, however, he still might be picked but retiring as a DIG is a well enough rank for him to retire considering how fast he has risen through the ranks.

Perfectly said.

If Tinubu had any intention in picking Mbah. They would have left him as AIG. It would have been very easy for him.

Now as DIG, he need to compete with the likes of DIG moses Jitoboh. Who still has a longer service year. A longevity Tinubu will want to bank on.
Jitoboh moses still has till 2029 before retirement unlike Mba's 2027. But like you said and as someone earlier pointed out. Mba should be grateful anyways, he has had a very stellar career so far. Most of his mate her still languishing behind at CPs. Retiring as DIG is something to be grateful about.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 4:55pm On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

If okolo is leaving in two years,he must be 58.as it stands,mba is the only one qualified going by the police act except you want tinubu to appoint acting cp while new sets of cps get promoted to Aig.wiping out a set or two is normal na afterall it has been happening in the other forces and even in the other forces
Buhari did not follow the Police Act when he picked Alkali. This present IGP had 2 years yet Buhari appointed him.

I believe it also played out when the former IGP Adamu (1986 set) left, by the Police Act it should have been between Inuwa, Danbappa and some others, but they were 90 set, in order not to wipe out that set, they picked someone from 88.

Personally, I don't want a disruption in the system, someone from 1990 is fine! I just think it's the right thing to do.

Again, it's up to Tinubu and what his inner circle thinks.... When Yar'Adua was to pick between Mike Okiro & Onovo, he did what he thought was best.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

Idris kpotun

thanks boss. Totally forgot the man
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Perfectly said.

If Tinubu had any intention in picking Mbah. They would have left him as AIG. It would have been very easy for him.

Now as DIG, he need to compete with the likes of DIG moses Jitoboh. Who still has a longer service year. A longevity Tinubu will want to bank on.
Jitoboh moses still has till 2029 before retirement unlike Mba's 2027. But like you said and as someone earlier pointed out. Mba should be grateful anyways, he has had a very stellar career so far. Most of his mate her still languishing behind at CPs. Retiring as DIG is something to be grateful about.

Jitoboh becoming IGP is not ideal, not advisable at least at this moment. He is 1994, a lot of people will be sacrificed, though you can't write politics out, esp these days Jonathan has been smiling up and down grin

Jitoboh in his younger years was ADC to Alamieyeseigha and later ADC to Jonathan as Vice President, so nothing surprises me anymore.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 5:15pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

Jitoboh becoming IGP is not ideal, not advisable at least at this moment. He is 1994, a lot of people will be sacrificed, though you can't write politics out, esp these days Jonathan has been smiling up and down grin

Jitoboh in his younger years was ADC to Alamieyeseigha and later ADC to Jonathan as Vice President, so nothing surprises me anymore.

Not to mention also that he is from South-south. Another disadvantage at this moment in politics. I think after Akpabio's senate presidency win. It would be hard for south-south to get other juicy positions as for now.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:
Not to mention also that he is from South-south. Another disadvantage at this moment in politics. I think after Akpabio's senate presidency win. It would be hard for south-south to get other juicy positions as for now.
It's slim, again, Arase from SS is the Chairman, Police Service Commission.

It's Tinubu's headache sha...
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Penguin2: 6:30pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

If you mention any other name apart from Mba Frank. Penguin2 may lay on curse on the both of us.

Better halt the declaration. grin
🙄🙄🙄

The problem with you is that you think that because recent IGPs have come from the AIG rank therefore it’s now a pattern that cannot be broken.

But I’m trying to make you understand that it’s not even a convention that IGPs must come from AIGs.

I don’t know if it’s you or who that had explained it earlier that the reason most recent IGs were drawn from the AIG rank is because of the time they have left in service. So, if you had DIGs that all have about 2-3years left in service, you would rather go for an AIG that has about 4-5years left, for longevity of service.

Statutorily, an IGP can be appointed from the DIG or AIG ranks and I insist that becoming a DIG does not preclude one from becoming an IGP.

And you are still not seeing the political side to the reason why Mba might be IGP. That in the appointment of service chiefs, if something is going to be conceded to the southeast, it definitely would be the IGP position.

But you and I know nothing for sure. So, all we can do is speculate and wait.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Penguin2: 6:39pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

Buhari did not follow the Police Act when he picked Alkali. This present IGP had 2 years yet Buhari appointed him.

I believe it also played out when the former IGP Adamu (1986 set) left, by the Police Act it should have been between Inuwa, Danbappa and some others, but they were 90 set, in order not to wipe out that set, they picked someone from 88.

Personally, I don't want a disruption in the system, someone from 1990 is fine! I just think it's the right thing to do.

Again, it's up to Tinubu and what his inner circle thinks.... When Yar'Adua was to pick between Mike Okiro & Onovo, he did what he thought was best.

I’m surprised you are arguing for someone older than Mba in service to be picked as IGP so that the 1990 set don’t wiped out while Ihordspy is arguing that a younger officer be picked which might entail wiping out more than one set.

Meanwhile, didn’t both Mike Okiro and Ogbonnaya Onovo end up becoming IGPs?
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 6:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

But we all want mba na.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 6:45pm On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

Mention just two!

He's a cadet Inspector....
The highest they get without special promotion is DCP/CP

Most of them retire at ACP

Go and verify

He got into the police in 1992.hes supposed to get promoted every three or four years.he was enlisted as cadet inspector.by 2020,he should be dig
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 7:12pm On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

He got into the police in 1992.hes supposed to get promoted every three or four years.he was enlisted as cadet inspector.by 2020,he should be dig
Lol...it doesn't work that way

Let me clear you...
As a cadet Inspector
It will take you 5/6 years to become ASP
Then the normal 3/4 years interval

But you see from SP to CSP...it takes nothing less than 5/6 years unless you buy or curry special promotion

CSP to ACP is the worst...you can spend up to 7/8years on it... because promotion to ACP is based on vacancy
There's is a number of ACP that can be at a time...so if there's no vacancy no promotion

So you see that 6years it takes cadet Inspector to become ASP is what hold them back from getting to CP most times

Go and verify!!
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 7:25pm On Jun 17, 2023
Penguin2:

I’m surprised you are arguing for someone older than Mba in service to be picked as IGP so that the 1990 set don’t wiped out while Ihordspy is arguing that a younger officer be picked which might entail wiping out more than one set.

Meanwhile, didn’t both Mike Okiro and Ogbonnaya Onovo end up becoming IGPs?
Good, someone who has two years from the 1990 set can be IGP so when he leaves, it's clear coast for Mba or his set. That was how the Okiro/Onovo saga played out.

It shouldn't just be about age. I am not looking at Mba, I am looking at the Force and the morale, again, what message does this send for someone who has been an AIG for 3 months and later DIG to head the force, it's a bit not OK experience-wise for me. I will complain if anybody is in same shoes.

Even though, he might eventually get it, give him sometime to gather some experience. He was promoted to CP in Dec 2020, he wasn't posted to anywhere (remained PPRO) till he went to NIPSS in Feb 2022, he graduated from NIPSS in Dec last year.

He was posted out in Feb 2023, by April he was AIG, by June, he is DIG..... Haba Haba (in Wike's voice), let's give the man some time.

garfield1
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Babinski: 7:32pm On Jun 17, 2023
EmperorHadrian2:

According to the new police act, a potential IGP must have at least 5ys in service remaining.

Even amongst the CP rank, those with most years left are considered for appointment above those with less.

Go and check all Buhari's appointees and see how they came from CP rank.

The current IGP Usman Alkali Baba was promoted to IGP from being a DIG in April 2021. His predecessor IGP Mohammed Adamu was promoted to IGP from being an AIG in January 2019. His predecessor IGP Ibrahim Idris Kpotun was similarly protest to IGP from the rank of AIG. All of them are Buhari appointees to the post of IGP and none came from the CP rank.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Penguin2: 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

Good, someone who has two years from the 1990 set can be IGP so when he leaves, it's clear coast for Mba or his set. That was how the Okiro/Onovo saga played out.

It shouldn't just be about age. I am not looking at Mba, I am looking at the Force and the morale, again, what message does this send for someone who has been an AIG for 3 months and later DIG to head the force, it's a bit not OK experience-wise for me. I will complain if anybody is in same shoes.

Even though, he might eventually get it, give him sometime to gather some experience. He was promoted to CP in Dec 2020, he wasn't posted to anywhere (remained PPRO) till he went to NIPSS in Feb 2022, he graduated from NIPSS in Dec last year.

He was posted out in Feb 2023, by April he was AIG, by June, he is DIG..... Haba Haba (in Wike's voice), let's give the man some time.

garfield1

Lol!

Even me sef surprise how Mba take dey rise for police rank like Ijebu garri.

I think he found favour among the men that matter.

I’ve sighted a list somewhere with Mba as IGP. But you know those things are not to be trusted.

Meanwhile, why are you tagging Garfield1 when you know he’s online with his alternate account - Senatordave😜
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 7:48pm On Jun 17, 2023
Penguin2:

Lol!

Even me sef surprise how Mba take dey rise for police rank like Ijebu garri.

I think he found favour among the men that matter.

I’ve sighted a list somewhere with Mba as IGP. But you know those things are not to be trusted.

Meanwhile, why are you tagging Garfield1 when you know he’s online with his alternate account - Senatordave😜
No mind me jareh.... I saw he raised the Mba issue too, so I didn't want to explain again.... grin
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Penguin2: 8:34pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

No mind me jareh.... I saw he raised the Mba issue too, so I didn't want to explain again.... grin
We keep our fingers crossed sha.

But my money is on Mba as IGP.

Considering that Tinubu will not be comfortable with an Igbo man as COAS, Chief of Air Staff, Chief of Naval Staff or even the useless Chief of Defense Staff, I’m hypothetisizing that he might concede the IGP position to southeast and Mba might get it.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 8:43pm On Jun 17, 2023
Penguin2:

We keep our fingers crossed sha.

But my money is on Mba as IGP.

Considering that Tinubu will not be comfortable with an Igbo man as COAS, Chief of Air Staff, Chief of Naval Staff or even the useless Chief of Defense Staff, I’m hypothetisizing that he might concede the IGP position to southeast and Mba might get it.
Yes, it is very clear.

I will search the Army hierarchy but if I am not comfortable with a particular Zone, I will give them the CDS.

I believe the COAS will stay in NW/NE
CNS SS
CAS NW/NE
IGP for him, he will likely cede to SW.

The pressure Yar'Adua faced before he picked Onovo was too much, yet it was kidnapping in Abia that led to his sack.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Penguin2: 8:55pm On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

Yes, it is very clear.

I will search the Army hierarchy but if I am not comfortable with a particular Zone, I will give them the CDS.

I believe the COAS will stay in NW/NE
CNS SS
CAS NW/NE
IGP for him, he will likely cede to SW.

The pressure Yar'Adua faced before he picked Onovo was too much, yet it was kidnapping in Abia that led to his sack.
Seriously?

So if you become president tomorrow you will choose your COAS outside your region? That’s suicidal bro.

I’m taking it for granted that the COAS is definitely going to SW. That’s what I will do too if I ever attain power.

CAS and CNS can be shared between the NW/NE and SS.

Like you said, the southeast might get the useless CDS or he’d concede IGP to them.

The reason I feel he’d more comfortable conceding IGP is because the IGP is not strong enough to cause any havoc. And if you feel he’s sabotaging internal security to sabotage your government, you can easily flush him out like shit in a toilet.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2023
Penguin2:

Seriously?

So if you become president tomorrow you will choose your COAS outside your region? That’s suicidal bro.

I’m taking it for granted that the COAS is definitely going to SW.
It's not about picking a COAS from your Zone, you have to pick someone that has control of the Army. Someone that has CAPACITY (in Asari Dokubo's voice)

The NW/NE have more people in the Army and they will breathe down on anyone who is not from their Zone. They frustrated Ihejirika out, his Petition was in the ICJ at some time.

No go rush pick your brother wey no get capacity, you will still become exposed. When he wanted re-election, he threw out Ihejirika, next he threw out his own brother, the late Azazi as NSA.

If your brother has a firm control in the Army, I mean entrenched fine, but if he isn't, there will be a revolt from within. Go and even check the names of Maj-Gens and co.... You will understand better grin, you need them for stability first before your eyes go reach ground.

The reason I feel he’d more comfortable conceding IGP is because the IGP is not strong enough to cause any havoc. And if you feel he’s sabotaging internal security to sabotage your Government, you can easily flush him out like shit in a toilet.
This one is very correct.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by SirBunky85(m): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
EmperorHadrian2:
DIG is the worst promotion one can wish for.

Can never make IGP.

Will be forced to retire once the IGP retires or is replaced

A purely adminstrative position in servitude to the IGP.

Only CP get hope to be IGP .

Once you pass CP , know and get promoted to AIG, nothing for you.

you're not correct. Only the AIGs are likely to become the IGP.the DIGs are usually retired once the current IGPs is replaced by a serving AIG
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by SirBunky85(m): 10:19pm On Jun 17, 2023
EmperorHadrian2:

Not anymore

CP's are the ones most likely to make IGP going by Police reforms.
stop arguing, @ihordspy is correct.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by SirBunky85(m): 10:37pm On Jun 17, 2023
Penguin2:

I did state that Tinubu owes the Southeast nothing, didn’t I? After all he promised to continue where Buhari stopped.
The discussion has been very educative all these while but,you must destroy it with your silly bigotry.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by oyans: 10:53pm On Jun 17, 2023
This is very educative!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ezekwesili Defends Stance, Says No Empirical Evidence Obasanjo Is Corrupt / 2.744bn SURE-P FUNDS: Touch It & Go To Jail- El Rufai Warns Mukhtar Yero / Judge Orders Immediate Commencement Of Edo Election Vote Recount

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.