Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG (21033 Views)

Egbetokun Decorates Frank Mba, Bala Ciroma As Police DIGs / Photos From The Burial Of Adamu Ciroma / Mallam Adamu Ciroma Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by mfm04622: 10:35am On Jun 17, 2023
Typing:

IGBO can not be IGP of Police. Not possible.

We have had MANY Igbo IGP. Just Google it.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by KingOfTheDamned: 10:38am On Jun 17, 2023
ferhyntorlah:

As in ehn!

I'm gobsmacked!

That's a word I haven't seen in a while
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by OGHENAOGIE(m): 10:39am On Jun 17, 2023
Parachoko:
Is just like leaving the Major Generals and making a Brigadier the COAS. All the MG will have to retire, it will be disastrous
this isn't proper explanation... Where Dem de appiont brigadier COAS??
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Nicenixon: 10:41am On Jun 17, 2023
complexstuffs:

Oh .. Didn't you say Tinubu would not be sworned in some time ago?

MBA will never be IG.
You dy mind the guy, he was talking as if he is the all knowing supreme being. Well, there are still many like him on this forum.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Nicenixon: 10:45am On Jun 17, 2023
Gaabasky:

Imagine MBA is an Hausa man from Kano or Oyebode from Oyo that got promoted almost 3 times in the twinkle of months
Haaaaaaa! People like penguin2 would have killed us with tribalism bullshit on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by viodemus: 10:48am On Jun 17, 2023
spokesperson job. Smokes screen announcements.

To be fair, SE needs to be represented with 16% minimum in all security branches. At all levels.

I have never seen an igbo airforce or navy in Nigeria. I have seen many in other countries.

That is a cause for concern. Igbos in the SS should not also be discriminated when the 16% from that side comes up.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by FireUpNow(m): 10:50am On Jun 17, 2023
FDIG Frank Mba can speak some big english with eye closed as if the words are affecting his eyes. Anyways, we are observing.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Emyzoloye5(m): 10:54am On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

From CP to IG? Impossible.

AIG are always next inline to be IGP. That is the more reason all DIGs are retired immediately. Because it is improper for their junior colleague to overtake them.

On another note. I think this is frank MBA second or third promotion in the space of 3months. Retirement is calling. His promotion to DIG is more of a reward for his contribution to the force. Once this IGP retire, and a new IGP is selected from AIGs, all the DIGs retires immediately including Frank Mba.

Frank mba isn't retiring any time soon, cus the AIGs are very senior to him in service

Infact even if an AIG is appointment the nxt IG, mba will still be in service
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 11:03am On Jun 17, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

Frank mba isn't retiring any time soon, cus the AIGs are very senior to him in service

Infact even if an AIG is appointment the nxt IG, mba will still be in service

MBA is now DIG not AIG.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by seunayantokun(m): 11:06am On Jun 17, 2023
MBA for IG, please.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Badb0y4lyf(m): 11:19am On Jun 17, 2023
What is happening to Aba kyari case
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Emyzoloye5(m): 11:23am On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

MBA is now DIG not AIG.

Yes I know, my point is even if Tinubu appoints the nxt IG from The AIGs senior to mba in service. Mba won't retire
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by rhymesnoni(m): 11:29am On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Lemu was supposed to retire january this year. He was enlisted 1988. I dont know if he is still in the force.

He is still in Service, Thank You.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 11:32am On Jun 17, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

Yes I know, my point is even if Tinubu appoints the nxt IG from The AIGs senior to mba in service. Mba won't retire

Considering retirement age issue Buhari had with past IG like Abdullahi Adamu and Usman Baba. Tinubu will want to pick someone with longer years of service remaining. That leaves Mba at disadvantage. MBA tenure is to end 2027. Tinubu cannot pick an AIG senior to MBA. That will even be another recipe for retirement controversy issue, than picking Mba who have four years left. Which means a senior to Mba will have less than four years.

Tinubu will need to go for someone with more years of service left. A junior to Mba. And that means retirement for Mba.

You get?
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by baralatie(m): 11:32am On Jun 17, 2023
Promotion dey sweet for force work!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by countryman13: 11:33am On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

AIG are always next inline to be IGP. That is the more reason all DIGs are retired immediately. Because it is improper for their junior colleague to overtake them.

On another note. I think this is frank MBA second or third promotion in the space of 3months. Retirement is calling. His promotion to DIG is more of a reward for his contribution to the force. Once this IGP retire, and a new IGP is selected from AIGs, all the DIGs retires immediately including Frank Mba.
But it happened under Buhari's watch (CP to IG)
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Emyzoloye5(m): 11:37am On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Considering retirement age issue Buhari had with past IG like Abdullahi Adamu and Usman Baba. Tinubu will want to pick someone with longer years of service remaining. That leaves Mba at disadvantage. MBA tenure is to end 2027. Tinubu cannot pick an AIG senior to MBA. That will even be another recipe for retirement controversy issue, than picking Mba who have four years left. Which means a senior to Mba will have less than four years.

Tinubu will need to go for someone with more years of service left. A junior to Mba. And that means retirement for Mba.

You get?

Ok let's watch and see.... But bear in mind that Nigerian Police has no rules and regulations guiding it's appointments

That institution is like a jungle😁
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 11:38am On Jun 17, 2023
countryman13:

But it happened under Buhari's watch (CP to IG)

Buhari had only two IG.

Adamu and Usman Baba. So which one are you reffering to? Cos' i am sure none of them were promoted from CP to IG.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 11:41am On Jun 17, 2023
Emyzoloye5:

Ok let's watch and see.... But bear in mind that Nigerian Police has no rules and regulations guiding it's appointments

That institution is like a jungle😁

They have. It is in the police act. Stop talking down on the police act due to ignorance, sir.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by TUTU147: 11:42am On Jun 17, 2023
fergie001:

In the Police Act, there must be a DIG from every Zone.

Since the SE had no AiG and according to the Police Act every Zone must have it, CP Celestine Okoye was promoted straight to DIG, he retired in 2019.

No AIG still, CP Joseph Egbunike was promoted straight to DIG. They were both the most Senior Officers.

Amadi was promoted AIG as the most senior Officer and later DIG after the death of Egbunike. He retired on June 10, 2023.

Mba is the most Senior Officer (by rank not years of Service) from the SE and will leave the Police on 18/06/2027, Ciroma is also the most senior Officer from the NE... So there is no choice, they both have to cover the DIG slots for their Zones.
What about the former cp kogi state that was promoted to AIG last year,has he retired.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 11:47am On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

On another note. I think this is frank MBA second or third promotion in the space of 3months. Retirement is calling.His promotion to DIG is more of a reward for his contribution to the force. Once this IGP retire, and a new IGP is selected from AIGs, all the DIGs retires immediately including Frank Mba.

Wrong!
He got promoted to DIG rank because the DIG representing South East retired on the 10th of this month
Hence, Frank Mba being the most senior AIG from South East automatically fills in the void

It's simple and straightforward

Don't get it twisted

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

Because i remember so well Udo resumed duty as Assistant Inspector-General of Police -Zone 5 Headquarters, overseeing Delta and Edo states on April 15 and Frank Mba resumed - April 8 or 9 this year also at Force CID Annex, Alagbon in lagos as supervising officer for investigation department of the entire SW.

so i was wondering when Mba did abracadabra to overtake Udo. cry

'Police politics' happened i guess
Wrong
On the staff list
Frank MBA tops Udo...
Probably Frank MBA got CP before him, hence he became Udo senior by date of appointment

All these things are straightforward sha
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 11:53am On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

Wrong!
He got promoted to DIG rank because the DIG representing South East retired on the 10th of this month
Hence, Frank Mba being the most senior AIG from South East automatically fills in the void

It's simple and straightforward

Don't get it twisted

The most senior by police-politics, so be specific. AIG Udo is his senior, he is from Abia, he was enlisted 1990. 2years ahead of Mba's 1992.

Modified
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

Based on my calculations,apart from aig Sadiq abubakar and Frank,aig adepoju ilori has 4 more years in service.i don't know of echeng,horsfall,zannah,Paul ojeka
Wrong
Adepoju ilori is going next year 2024
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by lhordspy: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

Wrong
On the staff list
Frank MBA tops Udo...
Probably Frank MBA got CP before him, hence he became Udo senior by date of appointment

All these things are straightforward sha

You are wrong. They got promoted to AIG same time. Get your fact right. They even resumed as AIG same week.
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 11:57am On Jun 17, 2023
senatordave1:

I'll have preferred MBA but tinubu would have anmounced him rather than this dig promotion.again,I read somewhere that tinubu was looking at two officers on cp rank who had about 4 years,one is from SW,one is a northerner and that they were planning to promote them any time soon.the promotions obago
The one from SW is CP Adebowale Williams
He has three years actually
He's been promoted to AiG already and posted as AIG Zon 7 Abuja
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

The most senior by police-politics, so be specific. AIG Udo is his senior, he is from Abia, he was enlisted 1992. 2years ahead of Mba's 1994.
Lol!
Let me clear you ..
Even though Udo was enlisted in 1992 and MBA 1994
The period MBA got CP ahead of him...MBA became his senior

I can show you a screenshot of the staff list..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

The one from SW is CP Adebowale Williams
He has three years actually
He's been promoted to AiG already and posted as AIG Zon 7 Abuja

We need 4 years
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by senatordave1(m): 12:02pm On Jun 17, 2023
Allnacruise:

Wrong
Adepoju ilori is going next year 2024

Frank mba might get it
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by Allnacruise(m): 12:03pm On Jun 17, 2023
lhordspy:

You are wrong. They got promoted to AIG same time. Get your fact right. They even resumed as AIG same week.
Same time ba
But who got to CP first between the both of them

You know MBA is a cadet Inspector...he has been getting rapid promotion for a long time
His mates are currently ACP...
Re: Nigeria Police Service Commission Approves Promotion Of Frank Mba, Ciroma To DIG by fergie001: 12:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
TUTU147:
What about the former cp kogi state that was promoted to AIG last year,has he retired.
If it's Edward Chuka Egbuka, he retired in March this year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos, 20 Other States Get New Police Commissioners / Rivers Guber: Tension As Police Stop APC Rally In Okrika / Please Dont Travel For Easter, Jimi Agbaje Begs Ndigbo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.