Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,752 members, 7,831,413 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours (52101 Views)

Lady Cooked Rubbish When Asked To Cook For The Family (Photos) / Hilda Baci Receives Her Plaque From Guinness World Records (Photos, Video) / Chef Dammy Looking Presidential With Her Security Detail, Holds Press Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by simfrost90210: 8:50am On Jun 17, 2023
milann:
would you like to fΓΉck hilda?

Mehn.. that ass..
But she talks too much though..
I'd have wanted an all access backstage pass to that ass that i looked to want so badlyπŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by milann: 8:53am On Jun 17, 2023
simfrost90210:

Mehn.. that ass..
But she talks too much though..
I'd have wanted an all access backstage pass to that ass that i looked to want so badly
i wish she could suck dick
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by milann: 8:55am On Jun 17, 2023
KingDash09:
How do you know bro??
i tasted her
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by KingDash09(m): 8:56am On Jun 17, 2023
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ you be man man oh
milann:
i tasted her
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by simfrost90210: 8:57am On Jun 17, 2023
milann:
i wish she could suck dick

Does she look like she doesn't?πŸ™„πŸ€”
With all her jaw-dropping photos online?
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by cezarman(m): 9:01am On Jun 17, 2023
I don't know why people hate that Hilda because of her nyash. They'd have preferred if she was flat. Now I'm not saying it's okay the way she flaunts her big nyash online but...

She did break a record, which isn't easy. At least give her credit for that, mumu people cheesy

They're now rushing to support this one because her nyash is not big and they feel she is modest... Lol.
Double standard.

I like the way they insult Nigerians abroad, we deserve it grin

2 Likes

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by GreatrAnalyst: 9:03am On Jun 17, 2023
Rayban25:

She didnt apply for the first one.

But when I said so, they tagged me as a hater

It appears that she didn't know she's meant to register.
She actually aimed at having a Guinness record with the 120 hours. Her video and post that proved so are on Twitter.
Now that she has learned better and how to go about it, good luck to her.
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by ncoolsome(m): 9:08am On Jun 17, 2023
Hilda did 100 hrs and said she spent her own 80 million dammy has done 120hrs and bout to add another 150 hrs...this is how nigerian projects usually looks..
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by XAUBulls: 9:11am On Jun 17, 2023
Samantha124:
The way we ladies like competing against each other, it can be unhealthy sometimes.

It wouldn't hurt for her to just be happy for her fellow sister rather than try to compete with her.

I'm sure she wasn't even thinking of doing that Guinness world record before that Hilda woman won.
Samantha, how's it going?

I disagree with a few of your points of view here, although I think Chef Dami and her team could have given some space of just 2 months to gain maximum effects before taking on the new challenge. Incidentally, 'Dami is studying Mass Communications at 300 level, while Hilda also read Mass Communications in the Uni, so I assume they understand the power of online and offline media to achieve positive change.

To be clear, in the world of athletics, World Records get broken several times in the same event, on the same day, by the same athletic or by other athletes.

Just last year (2022), 'Tobi Amusan, a Texas, U.S.-based Nigerian female athlete broke her own World Record twice in the same 100 meter hurdles event. The second record was wind-aided, but it still showed that we humans have unlimited powers buried within us.

It is a "limiting belief" to assume that this is a case of unhealthy female competition... This is a limiting belief.

Guinness World Records has officially accepted Hilda's record with deductions made for some infractions... and it gained her more fame and wealth.
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by cezarman(m): 9:12am On Jun 17, 2023
Googledotcom:
Please go ahead Dammy, win this for sane minds like us, the other one is just there to shake her buttocks all over the internet and not using her fame to do relevant things or even try to please her maker, God Almighty.

Lol Good she failed her first attempt for sane minds like you too sha...
The other one who only has big nyash without sanity was ironically smart enough to break the record on her own first attempt.

Dumb sane minds grin grin

No sense, no nyash... What's now the benefit

4 Likes

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by aktolly54(m): 9:22am On Jun 17, 2023
For your mind?
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by ferhyntorlah(f): 9:34am On Jun 17, 2023
thatigboman:
Op, dis u say successfully? Has 'successfully' gotten a new meaning?
If that Dammy sends her evidence to Guiness World Records, she would not even be considered for so many infractions.
Someone at so early at her even off gas to pick beans (that one itself is comedy club)
And was switching off her live video every night to go and get sound sleep.what arrant nonsense.
Hilda time was deducted for over 7 hours for taking more time off than required in just 1 occasion. If they send that dammy's tape, GWR will just shred it for wasting their time watching nonsense. As if it's a kindergarten show.
When dummy is ready, let her do a proper challenge, not that stupidity she staged.

Well said sir.
Aptly put.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Nobody: 9:37am On Jun 17, 2023
You can't compare cooking with athletics.

Athletics are all about competing against each other, but cooking isn't.

Do you think this Dami girl thought of breaking that record before Hilda came to the picture? And do you think she'd have had the desires to do it within a short space of time if it was broken by a European, American, middle Eastern, or Asian?
XAUBulls:

Samantha, how's it going?

I disagree with a few of your points of view here, although I think Chef Dami and her team could have given some space of just 2 months to gain maximum effects before taking on the new challenge. Incidentally, 'Dami is studying Mass Communications at 300 level, while Hilda also read Mass Communications in the Uni, so I assume they understand the power of online and offline media to achieve positive change.

To be clear, in the world of athletics, World Records get broken several times in the same event, on the same day, by the same athletic or by other athletes.

Just last year (2022), 'Tobi Amusan, a Texas, U.S.-based Nigerian female athlete broke her own World Record twice in the same 100 meter hurdles event. The second record was wind-aided, but it still showed that we humans have unlimited powers buried within us.

It is a "limiting belief" to assume that this is a case of unhealthy female competition... This is a limiting belief.

Guiness World Records has officially accepted Hilda's record with deductions made for some infractions... and it gained her more fame and wealth.

2 Likes

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by sync(f): 9:41am On Jun 17, 2023
Can’t she try to beat another category of the cooking record and allow Hilda some time to enjoy her 15 minutes of fame?

3 Likes

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by dejjythomas(m): 9:48am On Jun 17, 2023
Rayban25:

She didnt apply for the first one.

But when I said so, they tagged me as a hater

GWR debunked the claim and also said that she can submit her evidence for investigation. Noting also that you can break any record at any time as there is no timeline to break existing one, you can also break your own record too as stated by the official. Hilda can still break her own record too oo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Bigboy2221: 9:50am On Jun 17, 2023
KingDash09:
Make we contribute money for her atleast make we no let that olosho Hilda win.. I go drop 200k..

Boss help me 2k na
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Mayeldah(m): 10:02am On Jun 17, 2023
GWR don't certify pepper soup, make she rest.

Bad Belle people,

she should look for another record to break jare!

2 Likes

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by bigcasava1(m): 10:15am On Jun 17, 2023
Shame on Nigeria!
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by rolams(m): 10:23am On Jun 17, 2023
She can cool for a year, na her wahala be that.
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by viodemus: 10:50am On Jun 17, 2023
Make u no go kpai o, talk say na hilda shine kee u.
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by nurusystem(m): 11:22am On Jun 17, 2023
Creditalerts:
Ofe nmanu grin tongue
WE THE YORUBAS NO DEY CARRY LAST, NO MATTER YOUR INSULT WE ARE STILL AHEAD OF THE GAME

1 Like

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
Ikillbrokehoes:
Don't disrespect me Victoria or I might tell you what you don't like. πŸ€«πŸ˜’

And that would be? πŸ€”
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Father4all: 12:30pm On Jun 17, 2023
Why didn't she cook since before the Guinness word record holder. I smell jealousy

1 Like

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Heroicvic(m): 1:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
BreconHills:

You need to change the circle of people you listen to - they are clearly uninformed. It isn't 30k per month.
The world bank defines abject poverty is those earning less than $1.90 per day. At an exchange rate of 760 that is those earning less than 43,220 Meanwhile the students loans Act mandates that only those earning less than 500,000 per year are eligible. 500,000/12 is 41.666 not 30k. Based on the exchange rate used the government is perfectly lined up with the definition of abject poverty.

And even if it was 30k , what's bad about that? The sons and daughters of gate men, cleaners and nannies don't deserve university? You want to crowd them as the elite crowded out the poor?

What's wrong with you people - why are you so entitled? So the child of the gate man should not be favoured over the corporate driver working with the bank that earns 70k plus 13th month and HMO and Pension? Is poverty determined by the inability to buy a bag of rice. Do you know the quality of tomato and pepper the poor buy? Do you know that they are constantly in debt?

You are no better than the generation you claim has cheated you. If you have opportunity you will steal the country blind!

It's obvious you have a comprehensive issue
In layman English is if your parents are earning 60k which 30k each, you're not eligible for the loan

So who did they made the loan for in the first place?
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Heroicvic(m): 1:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
Rolings:

That that is what you heard (probably from a beer parlour ) doesnt mean that is what it is.....so many speculations and misinformation about this student loan especially from those loo king for a thousand and one ways it won't work rather than a thousand and one ways why it should work.
The presidential candidate you voted for wouldnt have performed any Magic in days, allow for some time before you start blind criticism so you wont look like a sore losers..

Instead of speculating, would you be kind enough to explain how this student loan works ?
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by nawa4naija(m): 1:37pm On Jun 17, 2023
Augustenite:

Bleep off. It's not desperation, it's determination. Because you are not determined, that's why u are where you are. At your age na your parents and wife still dey feed you.
Who is this kindergarten good for nothing kid ??!
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Heroicvic(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
BreconHills:

You need to change the circle of people you listen to - they are clearly uninformed. It isn't 30k per month.
The world bank defines abject poverty is those earning less than $1.90 per day. At an exchange rate of 760 that is those earning less than 43,220 Meanwhile the students loans Act mandates that only those earning less than 500,000 per year are eligible. 500,000/12 is 41.666 not 30k. Based on the exchange rate used the government is perfectly lined up with the definition of abject poverty.

And even if it was 30k , what's bad about that? The sons and daughters of gate men, cleaners and nannies don't deserve university? You want to crowd them as the elite crowded out the poor?

What's wrong with you people - why are you so entitled? So the child of the gate man should not be favoured over the corporate driver working with the bank that earns 70k plus 13th month and HMO and Pension? Is poverty determined by the inability to buy a bag of rice. Do you know the quality of tomato and pepper the poor buy? Do you know that they are constantly in debt?

You are no better than the generation you claim has cheated you. If you have opportunity you will steal the country blind!

noticed some people are happy about the Student Loan

Some even said "Tinubu can continue, he is taking hard decisions".

For that reason, I have decided to break down the smokescreen called Student Loan

It's just an attempt to remove "Education Subsidy" without causing an uproar.

Now let's dive in:

Who qualifies for the Student Loan:

The simple answer is: NOBODY.

It's almost impossible for you to qualify for the Student Loan and here is why

1. An applicants or his parents must provide tax clearance: This is not totally bad till you see number 2.

2. The Applicants or his parents must be earning total income less than #500k a year. Now slow down and so the maths

To earn #500k a year means that the husband and wife are earning less than #41,000 a month. That is #20,000 each

While minimum wage is #30,000

Which means if your both parents are earning, you are automatically disqualified because they are either earning more than #41,000 or they do not pay tax because you cannot pay tax on salary below minimum wage

3. Now here is the high jump of the Act: These 2 people earning less than #50,000 will now have to provide a DIRECTOR IN CIVIL SERVICE and a LAWYER OF 10YEARS IN SERVICE as Guarantor

Take into consideration, yourself doing good for your self, do you know DIRECTOR in Civil Service?

But that is not the worst part

4. The Director and Lawyer has to surety that if you default, they will pay the loan

Do you know what means, NO DIRECTOR WILL TAKE SUCH SURETY.

But here is the worst part

5. After you meet all these requirements, will you get the loan? NO!

The act said "Loan will be given when funds are available. In other terms, you are still at the mercy of the system"

In summary:

If you add your father and mother's income monthly, it must not be more than #41,000 a month or #500,000 a year

Your father and mother must look for a Director in Civil Service to Surety your loan

The Director will send his Payslip document to the Bank saying that if you fail to pay, he will pay. Who will do this one for you?

Did I tell you that the Bank MD will be the one to give approval? Bank MD !

Did I also tell you that if you don't start repaying after 2years of graduation, you will go to jail 😩

Many graduate have not even gone to NYSC in 2years after graduation

The worst part now is: School Fees will go up above the loan amount because Federal Government has announced that they cannot continue to fund University

So if you are reading this, you are not qualified for the Loan.

1 Like

Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by nawa4naija(m): 1:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
Edusouls:
very desperate ma brother, she is a very jealous human being, I mean very jealous
She is just taking advantage of Hilda’s popularity to trend, attention seeking ugly clown
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by BreconHills(m): 2:02pm On Jun 17, 2023
Heroicvic:

noticed some people are happy about the Student Loan

Some even said "Tinubu can continue, he is taking hard decisions".

For that reason, I have decided to break down the smokescreen called Student Loan

It's just an attempt to remove "Education Subsidy" without causing an uproar.

Now let's dive in:

Who qualifies for the Student Loan:

The simple answer is: NOBODY.

It's almost impossible for you to qualify for the Student Loan and here is why

(I have seen this repost doing the rounds so let me address it- everyone is posting and reposting it believing it is very smart lol)

1. An applicants or his parents must provide tax clearance: This is not totally bad till you see number 2.

(Tax clearance is de rigour - everyone should be paying tax)

2. The Applicants or his parents must be earning total income less than #500k a year. Now slow down and so the maths

To earn #500k a year means that the husband and wife are earning less than #41,000 a month. That is #20,000 each

While minimum wage is #30,000

Which means if your both parents are earning, you are automatically disqualified because they are either earning more than #41,000 or they do not pay tax because you cannot pay tax on salary below minimum wage

(You elitist don't understand that this loan is meant for people living on less than $1.90 per day. That's gatemen, nannies and houseboys And salary of parents is not combined. )

3. Now here is the high jump of the Act: These 2 people earning less than #50,000 will now have to provide a DIRECTOR IN CIVIL SERVICE and a LAWYER OF 10YEARS IN SERVICE as Guarantor

(There is no high jump in practice these loans have Grameen principles baked in so there is an element of community representation. Every community can forward a set of names and have a senior civil service act as guarantor. )

(Lawyer of 10 years is no biggie there are tons of them around )

Take into consideration, yourself doing good for your self, do you know DIRECTOR in Civil Service?

But that is not the worst part

4. The Director and Lawyer has to surety that if you default, they will pay the loan

Do you know what means, NO DIRECTOR WILL TAKE SUCH SURETY.

(It does not mean this at all. This is conjecture. Directors in the civil service are standing as bail bonds for people held by EFCC and DSS. Nigeria is a small country relational. Nobody is more than six people away from the President - everyone has someone who can stand in for them)

But here is the worst part

5. After you meet all these requirements, will you get the loan? NO!

The act said "Loan will be given when funds are available. In other terms, you are still at the mercy of the system"

(Any loan is based on availability. Bank loan NPF loan, heck even personal loans. )

In summary:

If you add your father and mother's income monthly, it must not be more than #41,000 a month or #500,000 a year

Your father and mother must look for a Director in Civil Service to Surety your loan

The Director will send his Payslip document to the Bank saying that if you fail to pay, he will pay. Who will do this one for you?

Did I tell you that the Bank MD will be the one to give approval? Bank MD !

Did I also tell you that if you don't start repaying after 2years of graduation, you will go to jail 😩

Many graduate have not even gone to NYSC in 2years after graduation

The worst part now is: School Fees will go up above the loan amount because Federal Government has announced that they cannot continue to fund University

So if you are reading this, you are not qualified for the Loan.

Absolute bunkum of a write up! Built on conjecture. Student loans have been available from pre independence days. It was high default rate that stopped it. That gap has now been closed by bvn. Once you begin work your employer and salary will show up and a lien placed on your bvn will make deductions. If you are somehow able to default then you will not be able to get a passport, get a visa or even get a job within the organised sector.

I have highlighted the flaws this hack job in brackets as they occur - please don't copy and paste responses in reply to me otherwise I will take it up as spam.

For goodness sakes get your own arguments and use your own brain.
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Heroicvic(m): 2:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
BreconHills:

Absolute bunkum of a write up! Built on conjecture. Student loans have been available from pre independence days. It was high default rate that stopped it. That gap has now been closed by bvn. Once you begin work your employer and salary will show up and a lien placed on your bvn will make deductions. If you are somehow able to default then you will not be able to get a passport, get a visa or even get a job within the organised sector.

I have highlighted the flaws this hack job in brackets as they occur - please don't copy and paste responses in reply to me otherwise I will take it up as spam.

For goodness sakes get your own arguments and use your own brain.

Thanks for your time
Now run along
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by Codivoar(m): 3:03pm On Jun 17, 2023
Poor Nigerians, you never wish to see your compatriot shine.
Didn't you know there were records to be broken before?
As soon as your compatriot Hilda Baci has triumphed, you don't even want to breathe or let her enjoy her triumph.
Wicked people, this has become a tribal affair for you, you notorious tribalists. You must necessarily excite a person from your tribe to overtake her as she broke the record of an Indian and not a Nigerian.
It makes us from the outside pity you as you are displaying this sad spectacle after a bizarre election. It shows us how petty you are and how much tribalism is exaggerated amoung this great nation which can be a global power !!
Tribalism is your god.
Every street cookers and sellers are now waking up from their deep sleep without washing their face, they all want to break GWR of longest cooking time as though they just discover that record?
Can't you unite to celebrate your fellow citizen for just a year?
Are there no over records to be broken in this world?
Re: Guinness World Records: Dammy Moves To Cook For 150 Hours by XAUBulls: 4:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
Samantha124:
You can't compare cooking with athletics.

Athletics are all about competing against each other, but cooking isn't.

Do you think this Dami girl thought of breaking that record before Hilda came to the picture? And do you think she'd have had the desires to do it within a short space of time if it was broken by a European, American, middle Eastern, or Asian?
Dialectically speaking, oh yes you can compare both categories because they are both time-bound and entail the breaking of records... One on the athletics track and the other in the kitchen. As a former student of law in SA, you should ponder over it again. wink

Second, Hilda indeed opened the floodgates of interest in that cooking category. That of course stimulated the interest of Dami and other Chefs living in other countries aside from Nigeria such as in Kenya, etc. They also want to break Hilda's 4-day cooking record.

With reference to your final question, I think she would if the motivation is there. The last winner of that cooking category that was dethroned by Hilda was from Asia... (i.e., India to be precise).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

13 Pictures That Basically Define Breakfast In A Nigerian Home / Soldiers Simile As They Cook Huge Python After Capturing It On Duty. Photos / How Many Fufu Can You Finish?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.