Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,935 members, 7,835,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market (29313 Views)

Lagos Govt Begins Demolition Of Distressed Buildings In Ebute-Metta / LASBCA Demolishes Two Distressed Buildings / LASBCA Demolishes 30 Out Of The 80 Distressed Buildings In Lagos Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by onuman: 11:42am On Jun 17, 2023
Declare Oduduwa Republic so that Igbos will leave Lagos; they don't want to declare Oduduwa Republic because of proceeds from crude oil and gas deposits in the SE and SS.
Every other day; it's using tractors to bulldoze the shops of Igbos in Lagos. Even primitive people would not conduct government this way.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Babathanks(m): 11:43am On Jun 17, 2023
marlow1962:

Hope you told "dangote group of company" this, when they were occupying your lands and building personal refinery? Abi na only Igbos this una 'go back to your dilapidated kingdom ' rule dy work for?
Dangote did not call Lagos no man's land. Dangote even recognize that Lagos is own by the yorubas. I think you can now see the difference between dangote and u

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Shadysen: 11:44am On Jun 17, 2023
non of my business.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Originalsly: 11:44am On Jun 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Safety First.

The safety of the lives of the occupants of these distressed buildings is far more important.

I applaud Lagos for preserving the lives of potential victims of distressed buildings in such a densely populated place.

Kudos to Lagos.
May God bless Nigeria for ever!

That's true ... but he should be looking at the root of the problem ... the agency that gives the approval. Who gave authorization for extension on a defective building that was already marked for demolition? He needs to get his house in order.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by meolaniyi(m): 11:44am On Jun 17, 2023
totit:

Lool
Most of the buildings belong to Yoruba landlords for your info.
which Yoruba land? In your dreams
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by omenka(m): 11:44am On Jun 17, 2023
IbnB:
Another opportunity to victimize igbos
When buildings begin to collapse on people, with attendant deaths and destruction, the same people like you who hold this silly opinion with be the ones to blame it on government.

Everything isn't about your tribe. Get a life.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by DoxxAnon: 11:44am On Jun 17, 2023
Lol!

They just realized buildings were distressed.

There are more distressed looking buildings in Epe but Alaba has to be sanitized

It is what it is
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by onuman: 11:45am On Jun 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Safety First.

The safety of the lives of the occupants of these distressed buildings is far more important.

I applaud Lagos for preserving the lives of potential victims of distressed buildings in such a densely populated place.

Kudos to Lagos.
Talking safety to Beatty. Beatty is the legendary woman who accepts anything told her by a cheat.

Destroy Lagos economy. By the time Tinubu is out of Aso Rock, he must have executed his vendetta through Sanwo-Olu on Igbos who made Tinubu lose election in Lagos state.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by rajiedreez: 11:46am On Jun 17, 2023
This is bad na, I'm not igbo but you don't stylishly victimize people in the name of development. There are professional ways to save a dilapidated building without demolishing. If the state engineers inspect the said building and see that it can be saved, why not toe that lane for the ones that can be saved. Then demolish the ones beyond salvage.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Omenlon: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2023
post=123847982:

The sooner you guys understand that Igbos can't be cage or subdue the better for you guys, you guys has been doing these for decades what's the result, Oshodi market was demolished many of you were all in jubilation mode then, how far today This administration Will soon be history while Igbos keep surviving, Igbos indomitable spirit undisputable, except you guys agree on disintegration of Nigeria, una ancestors did worst to Igbos still it didn't change the brow roof in your cities, hatred can only destroy, man propose God dispose, you can't eat your cake and have it expect Nigeria cease to exit
I know that you are sick.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Alabaintprice(m): 11:47am On Jun 17, 2023
Please if you don't have a clear information just shut up and don't say anything..

This has nothing to do with hatred for Igbos or anything....

The government is 100% right to this. Most of these building has been issued letters to renovate there building over the years but have turned deaf ears to that.

Some foolish ones decided to contribute money to pay so that the content of the letter wouldn't come to light.....

After 7 years till now nothing has been done.

If you say this is something agianst the Igbos then I'll tell you that you're just sentimental a d unnecessarily emotional.

3 plazas close to my store renovated there's, why didn't they mark them too for demolition since it is a fight against the Igbos?

I am Igbo as well but something's we Igbos should do sometimes is to calm down

The plaza where I have my shop in is also facing same thing. The ceiling keeps calling. How is that a safe place to do business?...

What if one day youre in your shop and the building falls on you? Who will you blame for that ....

Please let's see the truth and call it truth Biko......

I hate nonsense....

I wish the government can arrest that useless drunkard in that video that boldly said that it was because Igbos didn vote for Tinubu nor sanwo that's why they want to destroy the building ... That man should be arrested. He is a useless fellow... Bloody illiterate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 17, 2023
samsegs:
instead of demolishing it,,why not vacate d building,lock up d building and ask d landlord to renovate it.....Everything no be by breaking

This one is sinking.. the problem is with the foundation. Not fixable. It must come down for another to go up. It's that simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Alabaintprice(m): 11:48am On Jun 17, 2023
rajiedreez:
This is bad na, I'm not igbo but you don't stylishly victimize people in the name of development. There are professional ways to save a dilapidated building without demolishing. If the state engineers inspect the said building and see that it can be saved, why not toe that lane for the ones that can be saved.

You don't need to feel pity for these them. We are our own problem.

These guys have been given 7years to renovate there building but they did nothing.

They deserve it and more.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by ednut1(m): 11:51am On Jun 17, 2023
IbnB:
despite seeing this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by onuman: 11:52am On Jun 17, 2023
Omenlon:
I know that you are sick.

You are the truly sick for thinking that you or any group of people in Nigeria can succeed in grounding the Igbo in Nigeria.
The 1967-1970 encounter ended the way it did because of foreign powers aiding Nigeria side. The foreign powers have since seen the evil that has been going on in Nigeria since then, and will be neutral when what you people provoke starts.
FYI; no Nigerian ethnic group or combination of ethnic groups in Nigeria, is capable of grounding the Igbo in Nigeria.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by shegra58: 11:52am On Jun 17, 2023
IbnB:
na everytime Dem dey victimized una

Go back home

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by bionixs: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2023
IbnB:
great move but the opportunity for victimization always abounds in Lagos . Na their way

But victimization aside , it is a great move. They should check the new ones. Very scary new structures, springing up everywhere, approved by corrupt Lagos officials
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Onewazobia(m): 11:54am On Jun 17, 2023
Jostoman:
i trust you, make una continue una politics of bitterness 9Q1Q igbo.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by DOD88: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2023
IbnB:

If that is your thinking, so be it.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by onuman: 11:56am On Jun 17, 2023
shegra58:
na everytime Dem dey victimized una

Go back home

Declare Oduduwa Republic so that the Igbos can go home.
Arewa 12 Sharia states had since 1999 drawn the boundaries for their Arewa Islamic Sharia Republic.
What are you waiting for? The richest countries in the world have no crude oil and gas deposits. Infact, Switzerland 🇨🇭 has no mineral resources, it's mountainous and no access to sea.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by MonTaNa92: 11:58am On Jun 17, 2023
Any small thing,Una go dey shout hatred for Igbos..Are these buildings not owned by the Yorubas?. Can't u guys see d alarming rate at which building collapse in Lag of recent..?
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by sameks08(m): 11:59am On Jun 17, 2023
My Igbo brothers will get sense by force invest in your land and you said no now the tribal war has began and no place is safe for Igbo's anymore
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Nicenixon: 11:59am On Jun 17, 2023
IbnB:
You na no get brain at all, na every time you go dy cry of victimization. Shey olori buruku ni e? Don't you know there is time for politics, cruise and reality? Is it until those buildings collapsed and claimed a lot of lives that your faculty of reasoning will start working? Both you and people wey like your comment no well at all.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Way4orward: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
Hatred everywhere you go.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Pickmycall: 12:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
How can you say you care for them when you sent mc oluomo to assault them during election?Stop this double standards.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by muykem: 12:01pm On Jun 17, 2023
IbnB:
Igbo are funny people. They think that they are very smart and intelligent. They want to constitute themselves to opposition party in Lagos state without thinking of it's consequences. Instead of apologise to the governor and work with him.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by sogodihno: 12:05pm On Jun 17, 2023
post=123847982:

The sooner you guys understand that Igbos can't be cage or subdue the better for you guys, you guys has been doing these for decades what's the result, Oshodi market was demolished many of you were all in jubilation mode then, how far today This administration Will soon be history while Igbos keep surviving, Igbos indomitable spirit undisputable, except you guys agree on disintegration of Nigeria, una ancestors did worst to Igbos still it didn't change the brow roof in your cities, hatred can only destroy, man propose God dispose, you can't eat your cake and have it expect Nigeria cease to exit

You are back from exile? angry grin grin

Painful loser

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by PHIPEX(m): 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2023
FreeStuffsNG:
Safety First.

Kudos to Lagos.

Thank you sir. Lagos will always do the right thing no matter whose ox is gored.

His ilk will eventually leave Lagos and return home with nothing. Absolutely nothing and even poorer than they came to Lagos because they will not be blessed by Lagos,a land they wish evil. The earlier they leave Lagos the better for them.
I can beth anything that you feel cheated by these successful traders, you now wish they poorer than ever. Unfortunately people like you struggle all through life due to hatred because instead of learning how to succeed from like them you get entitled and die poor. Whoever owns a house in Alaba market can not be poor again even if the building is demolished so stop wasting your useless time.
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by OriginalCEO: 12:08pm On Jun 17, 2023
Was expecting some tribal comments and nairalanders no dey disappoint
Re: Lagos To Demolish Distressed Buildings In Alaba International Market by Ogatobe: 12:09pm On Jun 17, 2023
awesome development! I personally have wondered how people ignore signs in buildings there and still pay for shops despite the exorbitant cost.
Common sense is not always common.
My fellow Igbos can take stupid risks at times.

but sha, I hope Jagaban will not cease this opportunity to take over that market.

God bless Nigeria!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Get A Portable Car Port And Aluminium Roofing Systems For Your Building Cheap! / Flood Takes Over People's Properties In Rivers State (Photos) / 795 Houses To Be Demolished For Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.