Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,052 members, 7,835,556 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. (36271 Views)

Biden Ban Ugandan Officials From U.S. For Anti-lgbtqi Law / Elon Musk Rebukes Biden For Claiming LGBTQI+ Kids Are All Our Kids NOT Your Kids / US Bans ‘advanced Tech’ Firms From Building Facilities In China For 10 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Treadway: 4:24pm On Jun 17, 2023
SmartyPants:

But why didn't you wait to find out whether i agree that not permitting polygamy is a human rights violation? I do agree.

However I may point out that your reasoning is wrong - nothing in my argument applies to the polygamy situation.
no, my reasoning is spot on.

Your words below
Among the underlying principles of democracy and the rule of law is the idea that what every applies to one man should apply to another - thus, a rule that specially targets one set of people to deprive them of rights due to others, is undemocratic, and in a functioning democracy, such a law should be held to be unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court of a standard democracy ought to find that such a law is unconstitutional because it violates the certain freedoms that are guaranteed to others.
Wrong. Democracy is based on the rule of law, not the rule of the majority, and it protects against all forms of tyranny, including that of the majority. That is why we have Courts that are empowered to defy the majority by overruling popular but unfair laws

If a law states that inanities like lgbtqrst are illegal, it tramples on the rights of 'those who feel they fall in these groups'. If a law states that polygamy is illegal, it tramples on the right of those who desire to have a harem of wives or husbands to be happy. The happiness of ALL is the principal thing right? Like you said true democracies and courts should defy the majority by over-ruling popular and unfair laws. Only thing is the US being the sick rabble rousers that they are, are just being a darn nuisance with their fake human rights crusade esp on LGBTQ. Make dem remove the logs in their eyes first, na then I go take them seriously. I no even wan go deeper, I'll just stick to this basic surface level premise
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by TinubuSlave(f): 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Good one from the US!
They are quick to impose death penalty on homosexuality, but can't impose death sentence on their corrupt politicians! 🤣

Most Africa countries with their misplaced priority. LGB is here to stay, either you like it or not. Na just time.
The death penalty is too extreme, and that's human right abuse.

I wonder why people are going crazy over what two adults choose to do with themselves. Don't you get it, they are not sexually attracted to the same sex, no matter how you try to change them, it's the way they are. No be your nyash I dey f;k, so why you carry the matter for head? ☹️
Cc TheSuperx
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by blowjohn(m): 4:29pm On Jun 17, 2023
Useless Biden and his satanic mission.

Why hasn't he kissed a man in public?
Why don't he have a man as ' side chick'?
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by rafcrown(m): 4:32pm On Jun 17, 2023
SAY NO TO RACISM AND MAN TO MAN AND WOMAN TO WOMAN.

1 Like

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Treadway: 4:35pm On Jun 17, 2023
blowjohn:
Useless Biden and his satanic mission.

Why hasn't he kissed a man in public?
Why don't he have a man as ' side chick'?
forget that thing o.... with these guys you never know o. Biden fit dey toss salad o. I won't be the least bit surprised if I see Biden getting straight deeck from one of him homies o. Someone has said it in the thread, 97% of these guys don colo. Say you get genius, money, fame etc no mean say you normal ooo. Ask Will Simp Smith and chatgpt Altman (we know he's gay, but word is dude is doing it with a relative). Talented brilliant minds, but still with a lot of loose screws apparently. Sad part is they paint and consider themselves 'evolved' and 'open-minded'

1 Like

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by GodWrites: 4:36pm On Jun 17, 2023
slimthugchimee2:

Omoh, if you dey knack your fellow man yansh, no carry am come my side

Secondly any of my relatives wey decide say na gay en be, na thunder go fire am, and nofit be my relative again grin

Look at this ugly fat thing. Who is coming to your side? Hahaha.

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by bizhop01: 4:38pm On Jun 17, 2023
The are mad with their nonsense sanctions
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by SmartyPants(m): 4:42pm On Jun 17, 2023
Treadway:
no, my reasoning is spot on.

Your words below
Among the underlying principles of democracy and the rule of law is the idea that what every applies to one man should apply to another - thus, a rule that specially targets one set of people to deprive them of rights due to others, is undemocratic, and in a functioning democracy, such a law should be held to be unconstitutional.

The Supreme Court of a standard democracy ought to find that such a law is unconstitutional because it violates the certain freedoms that are guaranteed to others.
Wrong. Democracy is based on the rule of law, not the rule of the majority, and it protects against all forms of tyranny, including that of the majority. That is why we have Courts that are empowered to defy the majority by overruling popular but unfair laws

If a law states that inanities like lgbtqrst are illegal, it tramples on the rights of 'those who feel they fall in these groups'. If a law states that polygamy is illegal, it tramples on the right of those who desire to have a harem of wives or husbands to be happy. The happiness of ALL is the principal thing right? Like you said true democracies and courts should defy the majority by over-ruling popular and unfair laws. Only thing is the US being the sick rabble rousers that they are, are just being a darn nuisance with their fake human rights crusade esp on LGBTQ. Make dem remove the logs in their eyes first, na then I go take them seriously. I no even wan go deeper, I'll just stick to this basic surface level premise

Wrong. Happiness is not the foundation of my argument. People can derive happiness from things that are bad, for example, paedophiles. or necrophiles to give a better example.

The general point I agree with but how you arrive there I don't agree with.

To explain further: the law that bans LGBTQ is not wrong just because it deprives you of your happiness. it is wrong because it is discriminatory.

It is discriminatory in the sense that it criminalizes something that happens entirely within the privacy of two consenting adults on the basis of morality while allowing other immoral acts that may happen within the same consenting-adult context.

My argument for polygamy is a little different and comes under the heading of the right to practice religion. Not allowing polygamy is not in itself discriminatory if you rule that everyone has to practice monogamy regardless of who they are. There is no discrimination in that sense; but the law overreaches to the extent that it prevents you from practicing your religion.
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by NaBanga: 4:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
Did they ban the major Arab and Muslim countries? They know they have the power to control Africa because African leaders are not wise.

1 Like

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by 2016easy2017: 4:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
TemplarLandry:
Democrats...they keep trying to shove their despicable ideologies down our throats.
One of the reasons God will bring Trump back in 2024.

I never knew this Sam would this dump. I roar for Trump now. That's the solution to U.S crumbling internally and internationally now
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by shezy14(m): 4:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Good one from the US!
They are quick to impose death penalty on homosexuality, but can't impose death sentence on their corrupt politicians! 🤣

Most Africa countries with their misplaced priority. LGB is here to stay, either you like it or not. Na just time.

I wonder why people are going crazy over what two adults choose to do with themselves. Don't you get it, they are not sexually attracted to the other sex, no matter how you try to change them, it's the way they are. No be your nyash I dey f;k, so why you carry the matter for head? ☹️
You're a mad fellow, disgusting sh**

This guy na gay, if we catch you for street

1 Like

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Litmus: 5:00pm On Jun 17, 2023
Death toll in Ugandan school terror attack hits 37
The Allied Democratic Forces are suspected of launching the attack.

ISLAMIC STATE LINKED militants hacked and burned 37 students to death in western Uganda in the country’s worst such attack in over a decade.

The Ugandan army said it was pursuing militants from the Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) after the cross-border raid late yesterday on a secondary school in Mpondwe in Kasese district near the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Investigators said dormitories were set alight and students cut down with knives in a the late-night assault by ADF, which is one of the deadliest groups active in DR Congo’s strife-torn east.

“Unfortunately, 37 bodies have been discovered and conveyed to Bwera hospital mortuary,” Uganda Peoples’ Defence Forces (UPDF) spokesman Felix Kulayigye said in a statement.

Eight people were injured while six others were kidnapped by the attackers toward Virunga National Park, which straddles the DR Congo border, he added.

“UPDF embarked on pursuing the perpetrators to rescue the abducted students.”

The Resident Commissioner for Kasese, Joe Walusimbi, told AFP that at least 25 of the deceased were “confirmed to be students at the school”.

It is the deadliest attack in Uganda since twin bombings in Kampala in 2010 killed 76 in a strike claimed by the Somalia-based Al-Shabaab group.

https://www.thejournal.ie/uganda-allied-democratic-forces-africa-terrorist-6095828-Jun2023/

“They knew where the boys and girls’ dormitories resided,” said Olum from Mpondwe.

“This is why the rebels locked the boys’ dormitory and set it on fire. The rebels did not lock girls’ section and the girls managed to get out, but they were cut with machetes as they ran for safety, and others shot”.

He said some of the bodies were burned beyond recognition and DNA testing would be required to identify them.

“We have called for more firepower, planes to help in the rescue operation of those abducted, and locating the rebel hideouts for military action,”
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by cornelman: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
The situation is a messed up one. One thing that is sure is that had Ugandan officials accepted LGBTQ, their corruption would not have been called out by US. Instead, the US will have sent more foreign aids to them which would have been embezzled and the corrupt officials hailed as pro-democratic.

What kind of hypocritical game is the west playing with the masses of Uganda?

N3TRAL:
Ugandan President and politicians are the biggest beneficiaries of the economic crisis that will threaten Uganda in the coming weeks.

Their President, Museveni, has been Head of State in Uganda since 1987- a record 37 years, and has won reelection 6 times. His army consistently abuse the country's most vocal opposition, Bobi Wine and not so long ago, Wine's wife was almost stripped naked on election noon.

The impoverished and superstitious citizens of the import-dependent sub-saharan country are happy that a law to persecute anyone who isn't heterosexual or is non-binary is in force. They prefer to stay in churches fasting from dawn to dusk despite their very low standard of living.

When anyone questions why Uganda that was developing at a very slow rate has become stagnant, or in a worse reality- going backwards, members of the executive and legislators can cite their anti-gay laws as the reason for their woes and get reelected to continue redirecting Uganda's resources to private stockpiles for their bloodline.

Good Morning Uganda 🌈
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by okuta007: 5:04pm On Jun 17, 2023
sofeo:
Ma wa for US, is it by force?

not US but democrat party

me i be republican and my party will not force anyone to be gay - wait Trump is coming 2024
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by anonymous1759(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
clinician2x:

I thought u wanted to engage me on the 2nd ammendment but like a typical black monkey, u are empty. Just noisy.

Typical oyinbo wannabe where were these lawmakers when the bill scaled through? Even if Uganda fall for the pressure Nigeria will not . LGBTQ is not an African thing get that into your empty head oyinbo wannabe.
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Codes151(m): 5:06pm On Jun 17, 2023
N3TRAL:
Ugandan President and politicians are the biggest beneficiaries of the economic crisis that will threaten Uganda in the coming weeks.

Their President, Museveni, has been Head of State in Uganda since 1987- a record 37 years, and has won reelection 6 times. His army consistently abuse the country's most vocal opposition, Bobi Wine and not so long ago, Wine's wife was almost stripped naked on election noon.

The impoverished and superstitious citizens of the import-dependent sub-saharan country are happy that a law to persecute anyone who isn't heterosexual or is non-binary is in force. They prefer to stay in churches fasting from dawn to dusk despite their very low standard of living.

When anyone questions why Uganda that was developing at a very slow rate has become stagnant, or in a worse reality- going backwards, members of the executive and legislators can cite their anti-gay laws as the reason for their woes and get reelected to continue redirecting Uganda's resources to private stockpiles for their bloodline.

Good Morning Uganda 🌈
Economic challenges in any country can be influenced by a variety of factors, including global market conditions, internal policies, regional dynamics, and historical factors. It is crucial to conduct a comprehensive analysis to understand the root causes of economic struggles rather than solely blaming individuals or groups.

Regarding Uganda's stance on homosexuality, it is important to recognize that societal attitudes and cultural beliefs vary across different regions and countries. While some individuals may support restrictive laws, it is not accurate to generalize the entire population's perspective on this issue. It is crucial to respect diverse cultural perspectives and engage in constructive dialogue to promote understanding and tolerance.
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by ncoolsome(m): 5:11pm On Jun 17, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Good one from the US!

I wonder why people are going crazy over what two adults choose to do with themselves. Don't you get it, they are not sexually attracted to the other sex, no matter how you try to change them, it's the way they are. No be your nyash I dey f;k, so why you carry the matter for head? ☹️

All this gay..
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Rotji(m): 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
Biden and his goons can't even stop the new wave of anti lgbtq legislations in several states in the USA, na Africa dem get mind to flex muscles ehn

Shege banza
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Neddyogu(m): 5:14pm On Jun 17, 2023
All LGBTQXYZABC Idiots should be shot!
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Yankee101: 5:18pm On Jun 17, 2023
But you’ve not banned anyone from Saudi Arabia abi?
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Treadway: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2023
SmartyPants:

Wrong. Happiness is not the foundation of my argument. People can derive happiness from things that are bad, for example, paedophiles. or necrophiles to give a better example.

The general point I agree with but how you arrive there I don't agree with.

To explain further: the law that bans LGBTQ is not wrong just because it deprives you of your happiness. it is wrong because it is discriminatory.

It is discriminatory in the sense that it criminalizes something that happens entirely within the privacy of two consenting adults on the basis of morality while allowing other immoral acts that may happen within the same consenting-adult context.

My argument for polygamy is a little different and comes under the heading of the right to practice religion. Not allowing polygamy is not in itself discriminatory if you rule that everyone has to practice monogamy regardless of who they are. There is no discrimination in that sense; but the law overreaches to the extent that it prevents you from practicing your religion.
ok..I purposely put the happiness part. I was being tongue in cheek. I'm really just trying to say, it's really easy to say these things, but not without eventually running foul of the same thing you are accusing others of. We can't please everyone!! If the overwhelming majority of people in a society say they are going left, let them be! No be say make one chochocho busybody like the US to dey chook their dirty nose everywhere. Racism still rife in the same US after hundreds of years, dem no see that one checkmate.

The angle of bundling polygamy with religion is off bro. That is your own subjective view, but I don't see the link btw polygamy and religion. Islam may be fine with it, but both Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Sikhs, etc can find themselves in a polygamist home setting. It is a choice really, not really religion based, religion just legitimises it in some instances. By saying polygamy is illegal, they are being discriminatory towards people who desire more than one partner to lead fulfilling lives. Some people feel fine with sleeping with men, some with women, some with children, some with animals..funnily all of them say they are that way and can't help it. Separating polygamy from that is something that isn't gonna work, cos polygamy is even larger as it is not just a sexual preference, but a way of life. You literally marry and build a home with the so called wives/husbands, not just bleep them.

So, as you can see, the matter long.
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jun 17, 2023
shezy14:
You're a mad fellow, disgusting sh**

This guy na gay, if we catch you for street
You no go like catch me for street!
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by YouAreFinished: 5:31pm On Jun 17, 2023
Treadway:
how do I unread this? China and Russia developing countries? Change your weed supplier bro!
Both China and Russia are classified as developing countries oga

2 Likes

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Treadway: 5:50pm On Jun 17, 2023
YouAreFinished:

Both China and Russia are classified as developing countries oga
eyaa...it is well.

China the production hub of the whole world with a GDP of over 20 trillion at par with even the USA abi!? Youdonminit! Well waiting cap in hand for the ment west that classifies things for you and you accept without question must be the way, truth and life. Even the USA have accepted, but you haven't..didnt get the update..Isn't it funny? You would rather only accept that China is a developed country only when the west says it is, and not by what you can see or read of the facts on ground. Okay o

Your leaders for US don agree say China na developed country o as shown below.

If you CAN,maybe you should read up on Russia and see the place they have held in civilization for centuries...but hey Jesus is white! the west said so right? right before they now don't want to hear of him

Ps: I don't/didn't need them to validate what I already know. I just decided to share their thoughts with you cos their thoughts and pronouncements are very very weighty to you clearly.

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by bjdon: 5:54pm On Jun 17, 2023
Nonsense on steroids! The US is NOT the only country in world. For goodness sake I prefer to take vacation in Dubai than New York these days, as Dubai is much safer and also much more modern. The US is the new Babylon of our times, a sick degenrate society that is best avoided

1 Like

Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by fabolouz1(m): 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2023
They should go to hell , it's high time Africa let these people know we are independent and thus we can't now down to the whims and caprices of these yamheads.
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by gb28: 5:58pm On Jun 17, 2023
Wagwanbrethren:
Good one from the US!

doomed you
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by viodemus: 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
These saudi Arabian slaves are funny people. They think everyone just learns arabic and waits for orders from Saudi Arabia.

Please tell us what you people actually did.

These liars are not saying what they did.

In America, not everyone supports lgbt or whatever, but if you kill them for no reason, you face the law. Many states don't even want to acknowledge them. many European countries don't support them, but they don't kill them. And America don't do nothing to them. Same as Asia, north and south Americas, and middle east, even Egypt, and many african countries. The USA don't care how you do them. For the USA, they are saying they will give them rights, even USA banned them from contesting in gender sports; they just banned one fool*sh transgender from ever going to the White House, because the he/she misbehaved, when Biden was trying to show them support from the targeted discrimination going on against them in many states in the USA.

The American haters first tried to blame Obama, now they want to keep blaming Biden. Biden's stance has not changed. He supports their freedom like others, under the law of everyone. Biden also supports immigrants that are targeted by Americans. Biden also supports Asians targeted by other races who are blaming all asians for the chinese coronavirus. So, why are the incompetent and killer arab influenced ugandans blaming Biden for their own incompetence and killings.

In Uganda, for the past year, these law makers have gone out of their way, to incite people to go and bring out any suspected LGBT whatever, and kill them in public. All it takes is for someone to identify a person, and you are gone. Nigeria is not all in on the LGBT whatever, but Nigerians don't go around killing them or any suspects.

Another truth is that, the Ugandan lawmakers are incompetent at their work, so they focus on inciting their citizens against the few lgbt in their midst. Russia and Saudi Arabia, saudi Arabia has so many gays, but they are using the opportunity to paint America in a bad light and make them allies and suspicious of America.

In America, there are way more heterosexuals than any other, even people protest about trans related advertisement, or any form of trans teaching.
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:59pm On Jun 17, 2023
Parachoko:
I feel Africa Countries should be more focus on more important issue like solving the issue of Poverty

Nice One from the USA
To hell with the US.Russia and China are the reason the modern Sodom and Gomorrah can never impose their useless, disgusting LGBTQ culture on Africa.
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Flamemignon1(m): 6:15pm On Jun 17, 2023
anonymous1759:
cheesy
Thanks to other developed countries who frowns at this LGBTQ nonsense if not the west would’ve make us understand that development is tied to LGBTQ what I detest about this LGBTQ is their boldness to force us to accept their dirty act instead of hiding it.

Says the people forcing us to accept jail time for who we are
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by Flamemignon1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
sofeo:
Ma wa for US, is it by force?
Is it by force to jail folks that are not like you?
Re: US Bans Uganda Officials After Anti LGBTQI Law. by seunayantokun(m): 6:17pm On Jun 17, 2023
They are not banning Saudi Arabia, UAE, Bahrain, etc. But Africa must be forced to accept their evils. It shall fail.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Israeli Strike Kills Wissam al-Tawil, Hezbollah Commander In Lebanon / Melania Trump Unveils Christmas Decorations At The White House (photos) / Nancy Pelosi's Husband Hospitalised After Attack In Couple's Home. Suspect Arr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.