Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? (13159 Views)

Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / Coronavirus: Some Lagos Churches Empty As They Comply With Social Distance Order / Brothers, How Do You Cope Sitting Beside Ladies That Bare Cleavage In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by fredoooooo: 8:59am On Jun 18, 2023
Stay in your house and pray, There's a big difference between a church goer and a Christian.

5 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by worldclass68(m): 8:59am On Jun 18, 2023
Olarewaju89:

But you get to go work?

And get paid at the end of the day/month.

10 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by fredoooooo: 9:02am On Jun 18, 2023
Olarewaju89:

But you get to go work?
Oga .. stop being pholeesh

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Felaincarnated: 9:07am On Jun 18, 2023
I see u trekking to work tru out d week bro
Vinnie2000:

Brotherly, today is Sunday.

Remember the story of Elijah and the Widow.

She gave her last bread to the Prophet and was blessed abundantly. πŸ€”πŸ˜Š

Use your Monday Transport Fare, for a Sunday Service or Mass,
And see Wonders taking place throughout the Week. wink smiley smiley

6 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Youngjohnosas: 9:07am On Jun 18, 2023
I attend a far away church , I spend over a thousand five hundred on Tfare every Sunday and I don't consider it as anything ,Not that I have much but if I can send a random girl 3k and she still tag me as stingy why can't I spend a thousand fivehundred to church as Tfare.

Today is Sunday, yesterday night I have friends that bought alcohol and drank to stupor but I would rather use that money to transport to church today.

It's all about our priorities , I don't have much but I don't see it as a burden paying the transport to church because I will still spend that money on something unprofitable like buying recharge cards, drinks that will never add something meaningful in me.

13 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Vinnie2000(m): 9:20am On Jun 18, 2023
Felaincarnated:
I see u trekking to work tru out d week bro

Lolss. cheesy

U know whether na wetin I dey do Normally? πŸ˜πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Verbtips(m): 9:22am On Jun 18, 2023
Where two or three pipu gada papa GOD dey there so gada your children and pray papa GOD go answer and if na only you pray GOD god still answer
save transport save offering save tithe

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by jesmond3945: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2023
Youngjohnosas:
I attend a far away church , I spend over a thousand five hundred on Tfare every Sunday and I don't consider it as anything ,Not that I have much but if I can send a random girl 3k and she still tag me as stingy why can't I spend a thousand fivehundred to church as Tfare.

Today is Sunday, yesterday night I have friends that bought alcohol and drank to stupor but I would rather use that money to transport to church today.

It's all about our priorities , I don't have much but I don't see it as a burden paying the transport to church because I will still spend that money on something unprofitable like buying recharge cards, drinks that will never add something meaningful in me.
is it not better you find a church within trekkable distance?

5 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by brightleave(m): 9:23am On Jun 18, 2023
Olarewaju89:

But you get to go work?
u get sense so shocked shocked church n work which one be priority? Abi u go use church pay ur bills? shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by alibiz: 9:23am On Jun 18, 2023
For me how the transport money comes I don't know.
Our God is faithful

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by alibiz: 9:25am On Jun 18, 2023
For me how the money comes I don't know.
OurGod is faithful
Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by grandstar(m): 9:30am On Jun 18, 2023
For many attendees, church is an investment and they believe they are sowing "seed."

Don't be surprised pastor preaching, "Don't allow anything the Devil has laid to prevent your blessings, even the recent fuel subsidy removal. You must never allow Satan win. Satan, be loosed! Say Satain is a liar seven times."

5 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by ItisWell22(f): 9:36am On Jun 18, 2023
Vinnie2000:

V-man, is this sarcasm? πŸ˜‚

Or a true joke! πŸ€£πŸ˜†

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Hemaah: 9:39am On Jun 18, 2023
My transport to my church with my family is more than 1500 to and fro. As this weekend de red for me... Na house we dey like this but e dey pain me shaa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by staga: 9:40am On Jun 18, 2023
God is not a task master and will not demand from you beyond your means.

If transportation has become an issue, look for a bible-believing and teaching church close to you and attend. Don't get blackmailed by anyone telling you that paying extra transport as a measure of your sacrifice attracts more blessings. God does not yoke people unduly. If you are able to sacrifice more by paying heavy trans to a church that is far from you, so be it.

But if you cannot, please do not stop going to church as a result. Look for a nearer branch and attend. Many churches like Redeemed, Winners, Catholic church all have a robust branch network to bring church closer to you where you are.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Mrpojj(m): 9:44am On Jun 18, 2023
Kollabo419:
Nna mehnnn

Not been easy

Even as i type right now I lying down in my house thinking of how to face tomorrow mad traffic

Berger - oshodi =N1000

Berger- VI = N1500

Berger - Ajah =N2000

Berger- 7up/ikosi road - N400

Mowe/ibafo - Berger = N600/700

Thats only going oohoo.......Naija which way

Nna mehnnnnnnnnnn

LoL so this is what people are paying in Lagos and still saying tinubu is trying

7 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by dododawa1: 9:46am On Jun 18, 2023
GOD bless NIGERIA and NIGERIANS
Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 18, 2023
Olarewaju89:

But you get to go work?
shut up, you religious extremist!

so one shouldn't hustle and bustle because of church?

y'all live in a delusion🀣🀣

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by staga: 9:50am On Jun 18, 2023
Vinnie2000:

You are missing out an important piece of this story. Read 1 Kings 17 vs 9 - 16, especially verse 9.

Verse 7: Some time later the brook dried up because there had been no rain in the land.
Verse 8: Then the word of the Lord came to him:
Verse 9: β€œGo at once to Zarephath in the region of Sidon and stay there. I have directed a widow there to supply you with food.”
Verse 10: So he went to Zarephath. When he came to the town gate, a widow was there gathering sticks.

God had already given the widow advance instruction that a prophet was coming and she was to feed him. Elijah's appearance at her house did not take her by surprise, so her obedience was according to a previous instruction given to her by God.

Don't read and quote the bible in isolation.

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by bonnyhope: 9:52am On Jun 18, 2023
Olarewaju89:

But you get to go work?

Thou shall not judge

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by georgeakins: 9:52am On Jun 18, 2023
Kollabo419:
Nna mehnnn

Not been easy

Even as i type right now I lying down in my house thinking of how to face tomorrow mad traffic

Berger - oshodi =N1000

Berger- VI = N1500

Berger - Ajah =N2000

Nna mehnnnnnnnnnn

Berger to Oshodi is N500, not N1,000.
Berger to VI is N1,000 not N1,500
Berger to Ikosi is N300, not N400

What do you stand to gain from all these exaggerations?
I know where you come from., the land of the rising bitterness.
Telling lies, exaggerating and fabricating stories are all in your DNA.

The most delusional race in the World.

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by BABANGBALI: 9:56am On Jun 18, 2023
Na for house me and my family dey do our service now and some neighbours don dey join us and they are already calling me Daddy G O, like baba Adeboye, na so I take start my church o.

Ajepako if you like make you dey yinmu me, na my jealous go wound you

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Bluesearoll(m): 9:57am On Jun 18, 2023
Please add everyday
Olarewaju89:

But you get to go work?

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by BABANGBALI: 9:58am On Jun 18, 2023
Kollabo419:
Nna mehnnn

Not been easy

Berger - oshodi =N1000

Berger- VI = N1500

Berger - Ajah =N2000

Nna mehnnnnnnnnnn
that's a lie. You're just exagenerating the transport fares

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Cassandraloius: 9:59am On Jun 18, 2023
If your church goes live then, it's better you stay home and watch it live.
Imagine spending 1-5k going to church every Sunday plus weekly activities, and you're just managing, and you're earning 30k monthly in this hard time, it won't be that easy.
Some pastors don't even know the conditions of their members cry

4 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Olarewaju89: 10:04am On Jun 18, 2023
Bluesearoll:
Please add everyday

None of them understand the angle where am talking from.

Giving God an excuse not to worship him in not good as a real Christian.

You have no excuse not to serve God.

3 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by CJStarz: 10:08am On Jun 18, 2023
Where there is a will, there is a way, period!

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by Vinnie2000(m): 10:10am On Jun 18, 2023
georgeakins:

But what's the difference b/w diz two? πŸ˜• 🀷

1 Like

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by AngelicBeing: 10:14am On Jun 18, 2023
georgeakins:

wink
Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by AngelicBeing: 10:16am On Jun 18, 2023
Vinnie2000:

But what's the difference b/w diz two? πŸ˜• 🀷
Of course there is a difference of 500 naira, and another 100 naira in the story and that means alot to people in Nigeria shocked

2 Likes

Re: Long Distance Church Attenders: How Do You Cope With High Transport Fares? by DrAkpamudehe: 10:19am On Jun 18, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Dem never cope for work, na church you dey talk about, my business shut down temporary for two weeks pending confusion going on mind concerning running fuel and calculating lost as ibedc no dey Ogun state, they only exist on paper

Even your English na serious confusion

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Members Being β€˜forced Out’ Of Church Of England For Being Gay / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / Is Your Income Being Investigated By Your Pastor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.