Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,220 members, 7,829,365 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:12 AM

Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk (2597 Views)

PHOTOS: Biafra Leaders Meet British Prime Minister David Cameron / Fashola Writes FG On Condition Of Oshodi-apapa Expressway / Nigeria Born Chuka Umunna Set To Become The First black British Prime Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by seanet02: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
See Ibo dudes they do Town meeting
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by SouthEast1: 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2011
Any i.d.i.o.t knows this. So, what is the new knowledge gained here by Fasola reiterating what is commonplace knowledge? These loafing butt lickers at work.
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by seanet02: 2:52pm On Oct 03, 2011
South-East:

Any i.d.i.o.t knows this. So, what is the new knowledge gained here by Fasola reiterating what is commonplace knowledge? These loafing butt lickers at work.
Just like an Iboman who knows the importance of appointing a special adviser to the Governor on [size=50pt]COMEDY[/size]
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by Desola(f): 2:53pm On Oct 03, 2011
seanet02:

They are finally getting the gist that whether they wish us well or not, we as a people will contine to do well and they continue to linger in oblivion.

They are scared.
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by seanet02: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
Desola:

They are finally getting the gist that whether they wish us well or not, we as a people will continue to do well and they continue to linger in oblivion.

They are scared.
Iyalode Tinubu, Ibo dudes fear you i swear
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by philip0906(m): 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2011
seanet02:

what r u fuming about,u this ekiti man?who is talking igbo vs yoruba here?we are talking about Lagos,not yoruba states.By the way this was a classic
seanet02:

Illiteracy of the Highest Order!!
[size=18pt]Even in UK, there are still Pot Holes and Slums.[/size]
grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by aljharem3: 3:05pm On Oct 03, 2011
philip0906:

what r u fuming about,u this ekiti man?who is talking igbo vs yoruba here?we are talking about Lagos,not yoruba states.By the way this was a classic grin grin grin

hopefully next election, an ekiti man would be the governor

an ogun has been the governor

an osun man also the governor

next will be an ekiti or kwara man, Insha Allah

even Hausa or kanuri would be AMEN
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by seanet02: 3:12pm On Oct 03, 2011
philip0906:

what r u fuming about,u this ekiti man?who is talking igbo vs yoruba here?we are talking about Lagos,not yoruba states.By the way this was a classic grin grin grin
Mind you am not an Ekiti man,

[size=17pt]I am from the City that was the First to have Independence from Britain in the whole of Nigeria

The City that produced the First Graduate in Nigeria,

The City withe the first hospital in Nigeria

The city with the first Bible in Nigeria

The City with the First Newspaper in Nigeria

The City with the First Church in the whole West Africa[/size]
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by hercules07: 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ekt,

There are quite a few rich kids (actually a lot) that are very brilliant, remember that they have access to better schools than the average kid, the poor ones can come in on scholarship based on merit, some poor kids will also be sponsored by their communities shikena, let LASU be like MIT.
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by seanet02: 3:14pm On Oct 03, 2011
The First city to use Modern War Artillery West Africa,
You wan try am?
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by hercules07: 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
@Seanet

Abeokuta abi?
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by seanet02: 3:18pm On Oct 03, 2011
hercules07:

@Seanet

Abeokuta abi?
You get mouth jare
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by philip0906(m): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2011
seanet02:

Mind you am not an Ekiti man,

[size=17pt]I am from the City that was the First to have Independence from Britain in the whole of Nigeria

The City that produced the First Graduate in Nigeria,

The City withe the first hospital in Nigeria

The city with the first Bible in Nigeria

The City with the First Newspaper in Nigeria

The City with the First Church in the whole West Africa[/size]
I just like this dude. . .Thought u were 4rm ekiti though, cos I noticed many peeps denying their states claiming Lagos.So u be Ogun bwoi?gud 2 know sha grin grin
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by aljharem3: 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2011
philip0906:

I just like this dude. . .Thought u were 4rm ekiti though, cos I noticed many peeps denying their states claiming Lagos.So u be Ogun bwoi?gud 2 know sha grin grin

and why can't they claim lagos ?

and moreover, how does it affect you ?
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by ak47mann(m): 3:29pm On Oct 03, 2011
awori people too want claim Lagos wonders shall never end,
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by philip0906(m): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
alj_harem:

and why can't they claim lagos ?
so u r among those denying ur state and claiming Lagos?It might interest u 2 know that me sef be Lagosian tongue
and moreover, how does it affect you ?
How it affects me might not be of immediate concern 2 u.Geddit? wink
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by philip0906(m): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
ak47mann:

awori people too want claim Lagos wonders shall never end,
no mind them grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by TomFord: 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2011
It appears some refuse to objective in their criticism.millions can be realised from this partnership,the man is seeking ways to improve the IGR of the state amongst other things
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by aljharem3: 3:41pm On Oct 03, 2011
philip0906:

so u r among those denying your state and claiming Lagos?It might interest u 2 know that me sef be Lagosian  :PHow it affects me might not be of immediate concern 2 u.Geddit? wink

sure you can be lagosian as well

as you know tribalism does not exist in lagos smiley

we are all one, whether you are ebonyi, borno, enugu, abia, ogun, ekiti and even lagosians. we are one

do not let all this tribalism cloud ur judgement.
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by norrisman: 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2011
Naija pepole have lost it completely. Does Superhero Fashola need the permission of the UK's Immigration minister to improve the standards of LASU? All this is cheap talk. If he really had any concerete plans he would have started it at the begining of his first term (Education is very important) and not wait till quarterway though his second term and make a silly announcement during the vistit of a junior UK minister. If LASU is up to approved standards, you wont have to preach to people to go there. People rate Lagos Business School and are willing to pay to go there. Do the same for LASU. Let private individuals who have an interest partner with British Universities if they so wish. Fashola should be ashamed of himself for making such a silly statement.
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by philip0906(m): 3:44pm On Oct 03, 2011
alj_harem:

sure you can be lagosian as well

as you know tribalism does not exist in lagos smiley

we are all one, whether you are ebonyi, borno, enugu, abia, ogun, ekiti and even lagosians. we are one

do not let all this tribalism cloud your judgement.

sure. . .but peeps like bluetooth,eko ile and co do not believe dat grin grin
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2011
philip0906:

sure. . .but peeps like bluetooth,eko ile and co do not believe dat grin grin
When jungle mature,everybody go answer hin papa name.Have you ever seen a yoruba man answering eze or okoro,that shows you that behind that oneness,there is a demarcation among us if not there won't be SW,SE,SS,NC,NE and NW.all these are potential countries if you don't know !
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by ak47mann(m): 3:53pm On Oct 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

When jungle mature,everybody go answer hin papa name.Have you ever seen a yoruba man answering eze or okoro,that shows you that behind that oneness,there is a demarcation among us if not there won't be SW,SE,SS,NC,NE and NW.all these are potential countries if you don't know !
well said cool
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by seanet02: 3:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
ak47mann:

well said cool
tell that to Ibo dumbos
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by philip0906(m): 4:00pm On Oct 03, 2011
~Bluetooth:

sure. . .there are lots of kids 2 4rm other tribes who are born and bred in Lagos but who do not bear akin,demola et all.Ys there is a demarcation,but Lagos is usually considered to be neutral.
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by ak47mann(m): 4:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
seanet02:

tell that to Ibo dumbos
i ask again monkey have you had ur BANANA TODAY
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by ak47mann(m): 4:02pm On Oct 03, 2011
philip0906:

sure. . .there are lots of kids 2 4rm other tribes who are born and bred in Lagos but who do not bear akin,demola et all.Ys there is a demarcation,but Lagos is usually considered to be neutral.
Another good point,
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by aljharem3: 4:06pm On Oct 03, 2011
philip0906:

yes very correct and if you know that, then why try to bring down lagos or the governor of the state

I was born in lagos myself and have quite acclimatize to the system of lagos and I have never faced discrimation of tribalsim in lagos in all my years in lagos.

so i do not see reason why u and other people wuld want to bring down lagos all in the name of yoruba.

don't u think that is stu.pid on our part ?
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by obowunmi(m): 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2011
Nigeria is an elitist country --- get rich kids to stay others will follow suit. Until this happens, Fashola u just wasting ya time. If u get ur degree from abroad ur more likely to be hired. Even Ghana and India is considered abroad
Re: Fashola Writes British Prime Minister On Exodus Of Nigerian Students To Uk by ektbear: 6:08pm On Oct 03, 2011
hercules07:

@ekt,

There are quite a few rich kids (actually a lot) that are very brilliant, remember that they have access to better schools than the average kid, the poor ones can come in on scholarship based on merit, some poor kids will also be sponsored by their communities shikena, let LASU be like MIT.
I'm not saying that rich kids are dumber. Just saying that there are rich dumb kids whose money you still want to collect, to subsidize everyone else.

texazzpete:

The article is rather clear once you take a more than cursory look at it.
He is talking about improving LASU and i[b]f possible, signing agreements with some of these foreign Unis to perhaps offer some courses in affiliation with LASU.[/b]

Sounds like wishful thinking to me.

Regarding bolded, again, what does that mean? Say they sign an agreement with UCL. There are at least three possibilities:

1. Specific classes at LASU with UCL profs, but you still get a LASU degree?
2. Degree programs in which you get a UCL degree?
3. A separate university/campus run by both parties?

Like I said, it seems vague to me. . . there are many choices, I'm not sure which route exactly he wants to take.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abia Govt Reluctant To Recall Sacked Non-indigenes / Tinubu Ejects LGA From Headquarters, Takes Over Prime Property / Boko Haram Renames Captured Adamawa Town, Mubi, “madinatul Islam”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.